Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (31690 Views)

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by basadenet: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thank God PMB is not around so let us see if he would dare the senator. Ali is a very stubborn and arrogant person that needs to be dealt with squarely.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by yaki84: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
masterpiece86:
Misplacement of priority. He putting on custom uniform or not will neither add nor subtract anything to his jobs nor will it force a change of custom policies.

It baffles me in this country that when some individuals are handling a government agency or parastatal and managing it well and the head is receiving good will and enconiums this senators and reps will begin to develop bad belle asking stupid questions.

I Pity this country

what kind of job is he doing abeg?
Is it by running after people with 2bags of rice n killing them for possesing foreign bags of rice or by ordering car owners to pay for duties of cars they bought 10yrs ago?

Na work be that?
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by potent5(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ptown:
He was not recruited into NC,how can he wear their uniform?
Then I wonder what he is doing in NCS. His problem is ego; he thinks the military is superior to the Customs Service and as such he, having retired as a military officer, wearing NCS uniform will be demeaning. He accepted to head a paramilitary agency, he must therefore come down from his high horse and wear the daaam uniform. As far as the law is concerned he is a mere civilian and we know a civilian cannot head a paramilitary agency unless he is part and parcel of it.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Sadisbala(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Intellect20:
I hope Osinbanjo remove this military man who was appointed based on ethnic sentiment by Buhari because next in line was a Southerner and replace him with the most senior Custom comptroller as has been done for over 30yrs.
what is your pupcy fit for the job
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by akokaite(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
I think they said a retired.

How do u expect him to appear in his uniform afta being retired from official work?

Senate members, I think it's not done.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by morereb10: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
for this to be put in customs,

heavy smuggling the cabals will be doing will not have part 2

he is not above the law.

he must appear to NASS and with uniform.

what nonsense
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Qyubee(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:

Then I wonder what he is doing in NCS. His problem is ego; he thinks the military is superior to the Customs Service and as such he, having retired as a military officer, wearing NCS uniform will be demeaning. He accepted to head a paramilitary agency, he must therefore come down from his high horse and wear the daaam uniform. As far as the law is concerned he is a mere civilian and we know a civilian cannot head a paramilitary agency unless he is part and parcel of it.

Bro we don't have to be sentimental here, the man cannot wear any other uniform apart 4rm his military uniform...its against the military code...he knws his onions and will not be pushed arnd by the corrupt senators.....lets continue to watch d's drama as it unfolds..
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by GreatZaza(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
masterpiece86:
Misplacement of priority. He putting on custom uniform or not will neither add nor subtract anything to his jobs nor will it force a change of custom policies.

It baffles me in this country that when some individuals are handling a government agency or parastatal and managing it well and the head is receiving good will and enconiums this senators and reps will begin to develop bad belle asking stupid questions.

I Pity this country
u just wrote trash did u actually read why they summoned him. Tell me what exactly he has achieved since his assumption as custom boss and why will one who is surpose to bring sanity, uprightness in the aspect of leading and others follow will refuse to put on his uniform. why will his subordinates not do the same. ur type! ur type!
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by potent5(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Qyubee:

Bro we don't have to be sentimental here, the man cannot wear any other uniform apart 4rm his military uniform...its against the military code...he knws his onions and will not be pushed arnd by the corrupt senators.....lets continue to watch d's drama as it unfolds..
Is he still a military officer and who says he is under military code or law? If he claims to be a military officer then let him put on his military uniform let's see.
Retired officers higher in rank than him in the past actually put on paramilitary uniforms in the past. What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by DisGuy: 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
Intellect20:
I hope Osinbanjo remove this military man who was appointed based on ethnic sentiment by Buhari because next in line was a Southerner and replace him with the most senior Custom comptroller as has been done for over 30yrs.

Next in line to the most corrupt custome DG ever was a southerner...what were the chances...
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by uss25dec: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
He better comply with these guys if he really likes his position cos PMB is not around to save him. Imagine u want to head NCS but u r too big put on d uniform cos of ego.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Qyubee(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:

Is he still a military officer and who says he is under military code or law? If he claims to be a military officer then let him put on his military uniform let's see.
Retired officers higher in rank than him in the past actually put on paramilitary uniforms in the past. What are you talking about?
A certain head of frsc who was a retired military officer like him wore d frsc uniform.....and hameed Ali called it a mistake on his part. the military or executive can give clarification on this tho..but I know the senators are flexing their muscles in the wrong direction. Either he downs the uniform or not, has that increased or decreased the efficiency of the NCS?

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by buchilino(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
masterpiece86:

I Pity this country

ISN'T HE D HEAD OF A PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION. B4 U SPEAK NEXT TIME, Y NOT GO N STUDY PARAMILITARY ETHICS. MAYBE U WILL UNDERSTAND Y HE SHOULD BE ON UNIFORM WEN APPEARING B4 D SENATE.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by DisGuy: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
basadenet:
Thank God PMB is not around so let us see if he would dare the senator. Ali is a very stubborn and arrogant person that needs to be dealt with squarely.

please tell. what are they goig to do to him? beat him or hail him for not wearing the uniform..
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by omogidi234(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
CuteJude:
ali is one of the most powerful friends of buhari , una dey waste una time , he wanted chief of staff buhari no gree cos the guy go block apc people wella and buhari didnt want wahala , ali harsh die , ask custom people make dem update una , waste of news cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks. For those who are conversant with history, this is the " Ali must go" fame man.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Igbudu8: 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Nigeria is just a huge joke and a complete season' film . I swear!
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by newfound2012: 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
Papykush:
How will a sane human refuse to put on this official uniform?
I don't wanna sound tribalistic right now but these guys are always ignorant.

Guy, it's an insult for we in the military to wear other than the military gear even after retirement.
There's a remarkable difference between military and para-military .
what matters is if he is performing or not .imagine a red neck colonel wearing that custom costume .
once a soldier, always a soldier
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by newfound2012: 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
Qyubee:

A certain head of frsc who was a retired military officer like him wore d frsc uniform.....and hameed Ali called it a mistake on his part. the military or executive can give clarification on this tho..but I know the senators are flexing their muscles in the wrong direction. Either he downs the uniform or not, has that increased or decreased the efficiency of the NCS?

They are not in the class of Hameed Ali. This system would have been working well with more of Hameed Alis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by newfound2012: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:

He doesn't "think the military is superior to the NCS, the knows the military is superior to the NSC," and whoever thinks otherwise is either ignorant or blinded by sentiment.
A retired military officer is never a civilian FYI. learn about the workings of things before rushing to comment

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Papykush:

First of all, he has his reasons. He feels has a former military man, he cant be wearing thr uniform of a different force. You may not agree with him but thats his opinion.

Secondly, how does him wearing or not wearing a uniform affect his performance?

Finally, not to sound tribalistic, you have the typical mr potato head look i' ve come to expect from you lot. Just a side note.

Seems you're the ignorant one here, dumbo!
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by oruma19: 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
U may be right. Nigerians don't like to follow the queue. I hate d pple of this great country . Chaiii
kulikuli45:
Senate and misplaced priorities. If mufti was against the law, Col. Hamid would've been prosecuted and dismissed long ago. Same thing if his appointment was unconstitutional.

That said, DG Customs has done very well. While you are suffering in town, rice and poultry farmers are smiling to the bank.

We would rather pay duties to Benin Republic and then cheat ourselves by smuggling items into Nigeria. Now someone has the courage to correct that anomaly and Senate, which shd be protecting our economy, is working against it.

Check well and you will realize that they are only protecting themselves because most of their luxury SUVs were smuggled too, or brought in using ridiculous waivers from our ineffectual somborri.

It makes absolute sense that anybody who has brought in a vehicle without paying proper duty shd go and pay and collect original paper. No sane person can argue with that. Giving one month Grace is a sign of Col Hamid's magnanimity. Ideally, the vehicle shd be confiscated and the importer prosecuted.

Una want make soup sweet, but una still de thief meat wey suppose enter am.

Ask any customs officer, and they will tell you that the man is doing very well in cleaning up an otherwise, very rotten system. That's why customs officers no de 'hammer' again like before.

To those claiming that na same customs allow these smuggled cars, pls note thay the vehicles in question were mostly smuggled before he came into office. Since Col. Hamid assumed office, customs officials at borders de fear to try nonsense.

OluwaHamid, carry go jare.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Ningi2020(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:
Dat God forsaken custom boss dat Buhari appointed ignorantly was a monumental failure. Senate should call for his remover
And den who do u want to b their
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Ningi2020(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Intellect20:
See ur life, full of shame, why not a foreigners

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by drtee247(m): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
Papykush:

Na who Uniform epp?
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Almaiga:

Do you think the Senate have the Powers to remove him? Only the President has such powers. They can deal with him when it
comes to the Customs budget, by given them far bellow the amount they requested.

Yeah,I know .
But in a sane clime,the Senate and the citizenry also have the power to remove him.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by iambijo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
Papykush:
which guys ? He's alone on his own so you shld refer to him as "these guy"
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by stieyven(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:
Dat God forsaken custom boss dat Buhari appointed ignorantly was a monumental failure. Senate should call for his remover
Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. Exodus 20:7
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:

The last time i check senate have no power to remove they can only wail..

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
ngmgeek:
He need to go and sort things out with the senate. Baba is not here to save him cheesy

Senate have no power to remove him..
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ngmgeek(m): 12:49am On Mar 10, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Senate have no power to remove him..

Who talked about removal? This is why you didn't do well is school cheesy
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by tosima(m): 6:28am On Mar 10, 2017
rallymento:
Good....Thank God Buhari is not around to defend him...
am telling you
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2017
ngmgeek:

Who talked about removal? This is why you didn't do well is school cheesy

LOL and what do you mean when you say baba is not around to save him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Former Ministers Pay Sallah Visit To Ex-president Jonathan (photos) / Ganduje Taunts Wike: You Be A Good Loser (Video) / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.