Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo (717 Views)

VP Osinbajo Arrives Osogbo Amid Tight Security Presence (see Photos) / US VP Visit To Flood Victims Vs Nigeria VP. Nigerians Una Mumu Never Start. / Surrendering Of Bakassi To Cameroun, A Huge Loss To Nigeria - Vp Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by Ogashub(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Osinbajo recalled that corruption in the Lagos State Judiciary dropped to zero percent following the sack of 22 corrupt magistrates and three judges, and by drastic improvement in welfare.

According to him, prior to the reforms, he once met an honest judge who retired after 10 years on the Bench but lived in someone’s boys quarters because he had no house.

He said a judge’s salary of N67,000 then could not build a house. To reverse the trend, every judge was given a house for life, while their remuneration was increased “considerably”, to the extent that Lagos became a reference point.

“It was because a system was in place and impunity was not allowed. It is important that we put in place models that will work,” he said.

Osinbajo noted that in the United Kingdom, candidates undergo 17 different tests before being appointed judges.

The Acting-President added that the three arms of government must collaborate to put in place working systems that are fair and compliant with the rule of law.

“We must work together – the legislature, the judiciary and the executive – to put a model that must work. We must ensure that systems that are put in place are fair and comply with the rule of law,” he said.

He further said that the anti-graft war will not be won where citizens continue to celebrate the corrupt, adding that the underlying causes of corruption, such as deprivation, also need to be addressed.

Osinbajo said a robust international collaboration was also needed to return stolen assets and to stop the hiding of loot abroad.

“One of the critical issues that we have discovered in our fight against corruption is that we need much more robust international cooperation, especially with respect to return of assets.

“We find that the process of returning assets, aside from the judicial process, is so difficult and so complicated that it could just take you literally years to get assets returned.

“And I think that it is important for countries of the world where stolen assets are located to really work with us in ensuring that these assets are returned speedily. I know that the United Kingdom is working with us in particular on this issue of beneficiary register.

“That will be extremely useful for us because we will now be able to discover who is behind some of the names of companies and other shelves that are used to hide stolen assets.’’

http://ogashub.com.ng/how-i-will-kill-corruption-in-nigeria-vp-osinbajo/

Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by Emycord: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
I thought buhari has killed it dont take his glory o lest they finish you

1 Like

Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by omoolorire(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Mr president, I hail oooo!
Just keep the ball rolling.
God is with you.
God bless your initiative.
Cheers.
Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by nextprince: 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Lovers and supporters of corruption will not like this. Liepods right now

Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by Kagarko(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
Where did he say this?

Any way corruption is a canker worm and it must be dealt with Squarely.
Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
Osinbanjo the Prime Minister. God bless you sir.
Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by kingivie: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hey guys lets bring back the glory of honest networking. Puntellcom just lunched. Let's make a partnership that will not just pass the test of time but will also create new wealth. puntellcom
Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
the way this man is talking it seems he has taken over already hmmmmm
something is smelling apc are not telling Nigeria the truth

1 Like

Re: How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo by kunlexy1759(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
God help you.

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Are Nigeria's Waterloo: See Analysis By Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / Am Yet To Hear From FFK,WIKE,FAYOSE On The Lastest Release Of 82 Chibok Girls / Hear What UN Sec-gen. Told G7 Leaders About Nigeria African Govts. Comments Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.