Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. (1669 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Lagos Can’t Vote For Buhari / Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by bawomolo(m): 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

If you see fact, you wont even recognize it.

lol you guys are comedians
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2009
bawomolo:

lol you guys are comedians

My guy, i just hate when pple like to attack a tribe.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 18, 2009
Lagos state govt is keeping up to standard by checking rots in the educational system in lagos,so if the dg made such comment,no qualms
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Fhemmmy: 1:49am On Dec 18, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Lagos state govt is keeping up to standard by checking rots in the educational system in lagos,so if the dg made such comment,no qualms

Like someone said already, no need making noise about it, rather, they need to act.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by AndreUweh(m): 2:08am On Dec 18, 2009
It does not matter if they (teachers) can speak correct english or not. What matters here is for the teachers to teach the children in primary schools with their native language which is Yoruba. I have always maintained that native languages should be the means of instruction in primary schools.
I have made a similar assertion else where.
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Mariory(m): 2:19am On Dec 18, 2009
Andre Uweh:

It does not matter if they (teachers) can speak correct english or not.

It's not about speaking, it's about writing. How can you teach a language when you cannot correctly write it?
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Dec 18, 2009
Andre Uweh:

It does not matter if they (teachers) can speak correct english or not. What matters here is for the teachers to teach the children in primary schools with their native language which is Yoruba. I have always maintained that native languages should be the means of instruction in primary schools.
I have made a similar assertion else where.

This makes sense to you??
Re: Teachers In Lagos Can’t Write Correct Sentences —deputy Gov. by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 18, 2009
@fhemmy
I don't think it will be easy for the lagos state govt to take a drastic action due to existing labour laws which may result court cases against the state govt.Left for me,I would have recommended replacing old grannies with young blood.The only way out is for the ministry of education to use its own law to sanction erring and outdated teacher found in a situation to inadequately discharge his/her duties.The deputy governor can also recommend re-training,seminars and workshop for them in order to meet modern challenges.
Offtopic-Nigeria has a culture of recycling old grannies.Look at the political sector,what are the likes of lukmon rilwanu,ojo maduekwe,tony anenih etc doing in govt?.This is what is happening in all other sector;RECYCLING AND FORCING OUTDATED HUMAN BEINGS ON US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grassroots Sports Development – Adopt-a-talent. / Nigeria’s Debt May Hit N16.08tr By 2020 –experts / Two Nigerians Arrested As Susepcted Drug Dealers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.