Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? (24151 Views)

Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2017
Which City in Nigeria has the best driving culture? Judged by respect for other road users, yield, adherence to Highway Code, etc. In my opinion, Lagos is the best. If you move vehicles from only Ozumba Mbadiwe to Warri, Benin City or Port Harcourt, you will shut down any of the cities. Warri motorists drive like they are possessed and show no qualms driving against the traffic. Benin City drivers have no respect for traffic lights.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Ahmed0336(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2017
Lafia, Nasarawa State Capital should be no 36 on dat list angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Rayd502(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2017
I was almost knocked down in Benin when I attempted crossing a supposedly one way road.

Most drivers have no regard for pedestrians especially along Aduwawa/Eyaen axis.

Top on my list will be Uyo,driving around the city is something I find pleasurable with sane road users.

37 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2017
Driving in Enugu can be fun. Few drivers exceed speed limit and they stop for other motorists at intersections.

155 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Noneroone(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
The question is which city has the best road network, road signs, functional traffic and street lights and traffic men to enforce the rule.
Answering the question is a nice way of answering op's question.

12 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Abagworo(m): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2017
Only in Enugu and Calabar have I seen good driving culture.

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
Noneroone:
The question is which city has the best road network, road signs, functional traffic and street lights and traffic men to enforce the rule.
Answering the question is a nice way of answering op's question.

Enugu is one of them

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Afam4eva(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
Did someone just mention Lagos as having good driving culture? The craziest drivers are in Lagos.

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Abagworo(m): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
Did someone just mention Lagos as having good driving culture? The craziest drivers are in Lagos.

I've actually driven in every major city in Nigeria aside Maiduguri, Birnin Kebbi, Damaturu, Sokoto and Gusau. Only in Enugu and Calabar did I marvel at how people could be so obedient to driving rules and signs. Calabar comes tops followed by Enugu and then no other.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
Consider the number of vehicles on Lagos road. Agreed that about 5% should be in the lunatic asylum but the other 95% are ok

4 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Afam4eva(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
kITATITA:

Consider the number of vehicles on Lagos road. Agreed that about 5% should be in the lunatic asylum but the other 95% are ok
Are you serious? Have you ever been to Lagos to make this kind of comment? 5% you say? It's more like 70%. The only thing keeping lagosians are at bay, are the enforcement agencies but even at that people disobey traffic rules with reckless abandon.

28 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Abagworo:

I've actually driven in every major city in Nigeria aside Maiduguri, Birnin Kebbi, Damaturu, Sokoto and Gusau. Only in[b] Enugu and Calabar[/b] did I marvel at how people could be so obedient to driving rules and signs. Calabar comes tops followed by Enugu and then no other.
It seems logical that these two cities will have saner people.

17 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

Are you serious? Have you ever been to Lagos to make this kind of comment? 5% you say? It's more like 70%. The only thing keeping lagosians are at bay, are the enforcement agencies but even at that people disobey traffic rules with reckless abandon.
Afam, I drive regularly in Lagos. I marvel at the sheer size of commuters and vehicles on Lagos roads at any given time. A typical Lagos driver is less likely to make phone calls while driving, less likely to drive against the traffic and less likely to beat traffic lights compared to most cities in the country. The Lagos driver is more civilized than his counterparts in Benin City, Warri, Port Harcourt or Onitsha.

Cc. lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by seunny4lif(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2017
In Nigeria grin grin grin but
I can say Akure and Enugu cool cool cool
In Lagos almost everybody dey craze grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Agriculturegric: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2017
shocked
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by TINALETC3(f): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu and pls, dnt mention Lagos again, abeg

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by spencekat(m): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Abagworo:
Only in Enugu and Calabar have I seen good driving culture.
Calabar?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by DozieInc(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu is cool.

11 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Mimi880: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu and Ondo

6 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Handsomebeing(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu and Kano have very good driving culture.

Benin, Ibadan, Abeokuta is the worst I've experience.

Most dangerous I've driven in the road from Ore to Ondo town.

Scariest was driving to pang shin after jos.

13 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Negotiate: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2017
abuja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by Thisboysef(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2017
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by twilliamx(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2017
Ibadan. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by muller101(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Uyo.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by henrydadon(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
anybody that mention lagos deserve to be flog

10 Likes

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by adioolayi(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
In terms of adherence to highway code... Yes, Lagos.. the fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom... but Lagos interior, those Danfo, Keke and Motorcycle drivers are goats

Ibadan with Crazy Micra drivers and motorcycle riders will be one of the worst have seen
grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by sbergy: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Definittely not Lagos... Bus drivers no go let u see road

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by dadavivo: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
Non
Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by aidymike(f): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
Uyo
muller101:
Uyo.
u r on point

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Has The Best Driving Culture? by AutoReportNG2: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
It has to be Ilorin... Though the drivers there are getting mad these days, but nevertheless, its worthwhile.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers / Cost Of Motor( Power ) Bikes / 2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.