Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,810 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers (24196 Views)

Washing Car During Rain Season Is Like Wasting Money. Do You Wash? / 7 Driving Position Mistakes Car Drivers Make / Top 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Broadsway(f): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2019
I remember when I was in Final year at the University of Lagos, I had just finished my second semester exam and decided to go home to rest for a bit after exams. This faithful Saturday morning, it had rained during the night and so I didn't see no reason why I should not go home and enjoy my weekend. I put on one of my best clothes and headed out. I boarded a Danfo bus heading to yaba, the road was flooded and unfortunately for me, the drivers windows were out. I sat down majestically at the front, on getting to WAEC busstop, a Sienna car drove past on high speed, splashing water and soaking most of the passengers in the bus. Through the back windscreen of the Sienna, I could see the lady in the front seat turn back and was laughing hysterically.

I had never felt so downcasted in my life as I felt at that moment. I thought it could never get worse until I got to ikeja and another slowpoke splashed water on me, I could feel the tears build up in my eyes as I wondered what I did wrong that day or if I was jinxed.

It's been 3years now since that fateful day, heading towards Lagos island now, I saw a Honda car with plate number LSR5... , zoom fast and splashed water on a cart pusher, the driver loved what he did and did it again to another passerby, I felt so angry in my spirit that I had to get the plate number of the car and write out this piece.

It's so bad that alot of car drivers feel they have made it in this world and that Pedestrains should be treated with disgust during raining season. This is a bad attitude and we must put a stop to this.

Thanks for reading.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Kseafresh: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Eya, Ndo...U pipu shud call me when this post reaches front page

modified:
Thank You to those that called..Yey..it later reached fp..
Mr. op, ur issue no be issue...our problem as Nigerians currently is that lifeless dullard in Abuja..He's the sin of our forefathers..God help us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by StrikeBack(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by ZikZikZik: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sometimes no be person fault..
Some people might actually be in a hurry and I doubt many people do it intentionally. Na for everybody to buy their own grin

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by dewhaley: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Solution : Hustle and get a nice ride... Just kidding.. I think

12 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Jason007: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
if you have a car , you would understand that most times it's not intentional. just have to watch how you walk on the side walk.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by sonnie10: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
I used to think this was rude, until I bought my own car.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
This nuisance has been around since time immemorial.
Before being able to afford of buying a car, you were a victim, after getting a car you become the perpetrator of what you went through in the hands of water splashers!

The best solution is only to be EXTRA CAREFUL when driving during raining season and be MORE AWARE of your surroundings.

But truly, 30% of the time, splashing water on people is not intentional, you can't just avoid it,
And throwing stones at the windscreen of such cars is not intentional also...it's only on impulse.

But please. let us STOP doing the latter, it's barbaric, TWO WRONGS do not make a right!

.........a Sienna car drove past on high speed, splashing water and soaking most of the passengers in the bus. Through the back windscreen of the Sienna, I could see the lady in the front seat turn back and was laughing hysterically.
She was laughing hysterically?!
These are the ones that are supposed to be taught a lesson and it won't be considered as barbaric!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by IsaacRocks(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kseafresh:
E don Cme
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Triangles1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
It's annoying to experience such a horrible scenario.

Imagine you get dressed up to attend interview and you got splashed up by moving vehicles with dirty water, the only way to forgive that driver is to get the work if not the man tires will get K leg, except he or she living far away from where I reside.

7 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Babaheekmat: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Buy your car and splash too

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by adedayoa2(f): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Not nice, my own na bike mam splash me water wey pain me pass. I just bought the jeggings that year and I wore it for the first time. Thank God I was still close to my house but the stupid Hausa man didn't stop to say sorry.

3 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by BabaIbo: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Simple, if the driver is remorseful or sorry, free him but if na all these proud ones, pack sand follow the car, pour am on top him and zoom off...

BTW, How this topic take put money for person account now?

Next topic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Iogobenz(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Most time it happens by mistake tbh
You might not see the water in time and braking hard in water at high speeds can be catastrophic,so you just gotta spray that water.
I did it to some guys in my street some days back by accident but I went back there to humbly apologise.
Was an honest mistake and bought everyone a beer.
N.a. so guys dey do wink

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Blackfire(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Poor people eh....

Car you no get, people drive there car you complain..... Poor people are winch .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by hisexcellency34: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
one driver splashed on me and i threw a stone that shattered his glass... and fled

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by thorpido(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Many people generally just happen not to be considerate.
If you are an experienced driver,you can tell what will happen when you get close to a pool of water especially when there are passers-by there All you need is to slow down,it takes just a few seconds from your time.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by daneni1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kseafresh:

E don reach

1 Like

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Stephendeals: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
shocked

I dont really get pissed at this any longer, just last week someone splashed water on me when i went to deliver laptops to resellers.

The most memorable splash case was when i was going home after confirmation and my first communion. I dorned my white trousers and new white shirt with a white borrowed sneakers.

Just at the junction to my house a car splash water and the splatter stained both the top and trousers, while others were raining insults on him i smiled and said the Devil will not get me with anger.

It is quite unfortunate, Drivers should drive knowing there are not the only road users and pedestrians should watch the road for water bodies. Craze men will still speed over wet roads.
Peace

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Opinedecandid(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Most times it's not deloberate, op.
I used to feel that way until I started to drive.
It cannot actually be avoided.

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by creolehunt: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Blackfire:
Poor people eh....

Car you no get, people drive there car you complain..... Poor people are winch .

So anyone walking is a poor person, and anyone driving is a rich person.

Poverty and harsh economic realities means that even the basic acquisitions are seen as luxuries in Africa.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Softmeecay: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Inside life
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by AstroG: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
OP,

Hustle ooh,make ur ex no splash u water with volkswagen grin

4 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
When you start driving you would understand

2 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by iamsonofthunder: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:
one driver splashed on me and i threw a stone that shattered his glass... and fled
grin grin
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
Funny enough, There is this popular absurd myth in the south west here that if a car splash water on you, you go soon buy your own car b dat and u too go do same to people... ..

If any yeye car splash on me and show no remorse, meself go splash am with any available and Japa

4 Likes

Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by publicsensor: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
KO
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by eben1marketer: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
shocked
Re: The Nuisance Of Splashing Water On Pedestrains During Rain By Car Drivers by naijadrivablog: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
It is better when you splash it on that babe who dumped you just because you were broke. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My 07/08 Camry Dashboard Is Melting: Sticky! / 10 Facts About Volkswagen Beetle You Probably Never Knew / PAN Unveils New-generation Peugeot 3008 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.