Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (11969 Views)

Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / Ambode Commissions Ile Zik-sango Toll Gate Street Lights / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
deomelo:

We have nothing to do with your unity, your own fore fathers, Zik and Aguiyi-Ironsi fought for and cemented Nigerian unity and One Nigeria so deal with it.

Face your own forefathers.

Neither Zik nor Ironsi used military force to keep Yolobas or Arewanistans as part of Nigeria with active support of the Igbo populace.

You simply have no point.

Our sovereignty is ours, we decide on it and our right to self determination is sacrosanct.

We will not be blackmailed by war mongering, power hungry retrogressive groups into sharing a failed Colonial entity with them.

Deal with it or continue threatening war and death on Biafrans and still turn around to say you don't care about our Biafran movement.

Confused fellows. Someone once said Oduduwa knocked his head on the floor when he fell on Earth from heaven or is it hell sef. Because, the cognitive dissonance shown by his Yoloba descendants seem to suggest so.

3 Likes

Re: . by deomelo: 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Neither Zik nor Ironsi used military force to keep Yolobas or Arewanistans as part of Nigeria with active support of the Igboids populace.

You simply have no point.

Our sovereignty is ours, we decide on it and our right to self determination is sacrosanct.

We will not be blackmailed by war mongering, power hungry retrogressive groups into sharing a failed Colonial entity with them.

Deal with it or continue threatening war and death on Biafrans and still turn around to say you don't care about our Biafran movement.

Confused fellows. Someone once said Oduduwa knocked his head on the floor when he fell on Earth from heaven or is it hell sef. Cause the cognitive dissonance shown by his Yoloba descendants seem to suggest so.

What's your obsession with Yoruba people or if we Zik used force or not to keep Yoruba people in Nigeria?

Abi you see Yoruba people crying all over the place for freedom?

Had the Eastern Region opted for Independence at that time, the territory under its control would have comprised in today's terms the following nine States with their enormous human and natural resources Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Rivers state. It would also probably include Southern Cameroun with the oil rich Bakassi Peninsula. If not for Zik, by 1960, the three Regions would have become separate sovereign states and there would have been no question of Biafra's attempted secession in 1967 from a non-existing Nigeria federation and the devastating civil war fought to stop it.

Chief Uwechue

Again, face your forefathers. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
deomelo:

What's your obsession with Yoruba people or if we Zik used force or not to keep Yoruba people in Nigeria?

Lol! Uwaechue is entitled to his own opinions and not facts!

I wonder the sudden addiction with Uwaechue words by Yolobas.

Ralph Uwaechue believed that the coup wasn't an Igbo coup, do you Afonjas believe him?

Should I post the rest of the things he said?

Lol!

Stay away from Argumentum ad verecundiam, it won't help you.

3 Likes

Re: . by AirforceKommand: 12:39am On Mar 12, 2017
Lol Pazienza I salute you sir for the job well done, this is a massacre.

A one man, too big for the whole nation.

Keep bombing their spherical skulls.

4 Likes

Re: . by deomelo: 12:46am On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Uwaechue is entitled to his own opinions and not facts!

I wonder the sudden addiction with Uwaechue words by Yolobas.

Ralph Uwaechue believed that the coup wasn't an Igbo coup, do you Afonjas believe him?

Should I post the rest of the things he said?

Lol!

Stay away from Argumentum ad verecundiam, it won't help you.

Because he proved our points.

Again, listen to your forefathers. grin

6 Likes

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 6:56am On Mar 12, 2017
deomelo:

So even Ralph Uwechue had more sense than Zik the efulefu? cheesy

No wonder no yeeboe OSU celebrates the greedy and stupid man today. Even the albino in kuje has assumed a more important status in their lives. They are truly ashamed of him and angry with his actions. I would be too if his actions led to the eventual massacre of 3million slaves from his tribe and put them into eternal servitude to the nation getting only bullets whenever they cry for freedom cheesy

Imagine having the choice to include secession in the constitution as far back as 1953 yet the man due to love for his friend Ahmadu Bello, he refused? Now his descendants are dying in their thousands in their clamor for the chance to secede? cheesy

What irony could be more cruel? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: . by Huddler: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:

We know the slaves of Nigeria. Their masters keep pointing them out to us. Now take it:

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King
and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient
town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their
filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places
and all these people by imposing Islam on them by
force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and
most of them chose the Koran..."

Hehe!

The secession clause talk is redundant. The period in Nigeria history Ndiigbo demanded for secession was ruled by the Military. Useless secession clause in a bloody civilian constitution wouldn't have mattered, it would have been easily replaced with a new decree, with active support of Yolobas. Just as Gowon dissolved the regions and created the dysfunctional entities called states with Awolowo and Yolobas support.
So this your secession clause chant is redundant in the scheme of things, you are only holding unto it because you are drowning already.

Ofcourse, Awo was always intellectually inferior, his economic and political policies that Gowon adopted during and after the war, ensured Nigeria's path to being a failed state was insured. Just as his intellectual inferiority driven by greed for power and lust for money plunged Western region into chaos and would have ultimately destroyed it. So did Awolowo bad advice to Gowon left Nigeria in its current state. Anything Awolowo touched died.
He touched Nigerian politics, it died, he touched Western region, it died, he touched Nigerian economy post war, and she died.

Little wonder one of your Arewa partners/masters summed it up when he said that Yolobas are the problem of Nigeria.

Now, answer my questions:

who stopped Awolowo and
Yolobas from secession in 1954?
The fear of the Brits or did the realization of their( Yolobas)
chaotic state and inability to evolve past crude
feelings of hostility towards each other, that
resulted in Kiriji wrestling matches in Yolobaland
before the
British came dawn on Awo?
Did the unworkability of Oduanistan republic dawn
on Awolowo and Yolobas?
Who stopped Awolowo and Yolobas from declaring
secession from Nigeria in 1954?
One thing was sure, it wasnt Zik or Ndiigbo, so
Who?

See slaying, pity the poor kid nah.

2 Likes

Re: . by Huddler: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:

We know the slaves of Nigeria. Their masters keep pointing them out to us. Now take it: "...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..." Hehe! The secession clause talk is redundant. The period in Nigeria history Ndiigbo demanded for secession was ruled by the Military. Useless secession clause in a bloody civilian constitution wouldn't have mattered, it would have easily replaced with a new decree, with active support of Yolobas. Just as Gowon dissolved the regions and created the dysfunctional entities called states with Awolowo and Yolobas support. So this your secession clause chant is redundant in the scheme of things, you are only holding unto it because you are drowning already. Ofcourse, Awo was always intellectually inferior, his economic and political policies that Gowon adopted during and after the war, ensured Nigeria's path to being a faced state was insured. Just as intellectual inferiority driven by greed for power and lust for money plunged Western region into chaos and would had ultimately destroyed it. So did Awolowo bad advices to Gowon left Nigeria in its current state. Anything Awolowo touched died. He touched Nigerian politics, it died, he touched Western region, it died, he touched Nigerian economy post war, and she died. Now, answer my questions: who stopped Awolowo and Yolobas from secession in 1954? The fear of the Brits or did the realization of their chaotic state and inability to evolve past crude feelings of hostility towards each other, that resulted in Kiriji wrestling matches in Yolobaland before the British came dawn on Awo? Did the unworkability of Oduanistan republic dawn on Awolowo and Yolobas? Who stopped Awolowo and Yolobas from declaring secession from Nigeria in 1954? One thing was sure, it wasnt Zik or Ndiigbo, so Who?

Bombardment.

2 Likes

Re: . by Huddler: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:
Only idiots waste 3million lives over a war that a
single clause that they fought against could have
saved. Yet they turn round and brag about being
the architects of their own misfortune
Congrats on the reward for that debate success
over Awo; 3million slaves sacrificed to your gods
up north and 5th class status behind a smaller
ijaw who you stopped from seceding 7months
before launching yours
Little did zik know that the secession clause Awo
was fighting for was the lifeline that could have
saved 3million of his unfortunate relatives from
miserable deaths and an eternity of servitude and
deaths at the hands of buratai and Buhari
Congrats once again on Azikiwe defeating Awo's
secession clause. You benefited greatly from it.
May you find more of such benefits in Jesus name.
Amen
Now that I've answered your questions, biko
answer min

We know the slaves of Nigeria. Their masters keep
pointing them out to us. Now take it:
"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King
and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient
town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their
filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places
and all these people by imposing Islam on them by
force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and
most of them chose the Koran..."

Hehe!

The secession clause talk is redundant. The period
in Nigeria history Ndiigbo demanded for secession
was ruled by the Military. Useless secession clause
in a bloody civilian constitution wouldn't have
mattered, it would have easily replaced with a new
decree, with active support of Yolobas. Just as
Gowon dissolved the regions and created the
dysfunctional entities called states with Awolowo
and Yolobas support.

So this your secession clause chant is redundant in
the scheme of things, you are only holding unto it
because you are drowning already.

Ofcourse, Awo was always intellectually inferior,
his economic and political policies that Gowon
adopted during and after the war, ensured Nigeria's
path to being a faced state was insured. Just as
intellectual inferiority driven by greed for power and
lust for money plunged Western region into chaos
and would had ultimately destroyed it. So did
Awolowo bad advices to Gowon left Nigeria in its
current state. Anything Awolowo touched died.
He touched Nigerian politics, it died, he touched
Western region, it died, he touched Nigerian
economy post war, and she died.

Now your redundant questions are fully answered.

Lol are you related to Eugene Rommels aka desert fox of Nazi Germany.

More missiles pls.

2 Likes

Re: . by Huddler: 7:32am On Mar 12, 2017
AirforceKommand:
Lol Pazienza I salute you sir for the job well done, this is a massacre.

A one man, too big for the whole nation.

Keep bombing their spherical skulls.

The guy is a conqueror.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:

Wouldn't have mattered, since the Gowon guided by treacherous Awolowo would have changed it with a decree, the moment Gowon started turning the wheels.

Zik made it clear that he wouldn't use any other means other than Diplomacy to win back any region bent on secession.

Can we say the same of treacherous Awo and his Arewa partners?

Zik describe it as Treason. Your attempt at rewriting history or twist facts is you preparing for another suicide mission like your forebears did in 1967.
Stupidity like this is why 3 million osus fell between 1967 to 1970 due to treachery, cowardice and stupidity of Zik and Ojucrook.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
pazienza:

Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and Ironsi were nationalists, not secessionists. Why would they divide the country using civilian laws, when they were military men?

They wouldnt have touched the secession clause. But Ojukwu would have wanted it activated the moment Igbo massacre went wildfire and Gowon and the North looked other way.

And the same Gowon and his Yoloba advisers that reneged on the Aburi accord, preferring useless decree, would have quickly dissolved that section of the constitution by propounding a new anti secession decree.
These people rejected Aburi agreement because they felt it effectively left the country as a confederation of regions, but we are now meant to agree they would accept a civilian constitution that sanctioned secession?

So, this secession clause talk is pointless and redundant seeing as that period in history when it would have been exercised if at all , was a period of military regimes , who rule not by constitutions, but by decrees.

Zik is so stupid and treacherous. If not why did he fled Biafra and joined the Nigeria side. Ojukwu is such a coward that he abandoned you and others for Gowon and Awo, to do as they like with you. That you survive is due to the magnanimity of those two, otherwise they could have decided to wipe all of you out as a conquered territory. Now start behaving

2 Likes

Re: . by dragonking3: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2017
Kathmandu:
shocked
This is the speech by Zik that the useless OP deleted because she does not want the world to see it again

In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953. That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation.

I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.

In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.

As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.

There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.

It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.

The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.

You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.

You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.

Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!

Sources:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961)

3 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
dragonking3:

This is the speech by Zik that the useless OP deleted because she does not want the world to see it again

Probably she thought they would be able to twist the narratives in favour of themselves.

It backfired woefully.

2 Likes

Re: . by MasterofNL: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
Chai! Pazienza I salute you!

You are truly an Igbo son.

Only Pazienza taking on like 10 Yoruba's and bashing them left, right and centre.

Only Pazienza against like 10 Yorubas yet standing strong and holding his own.

No wonder Biafran soldiers killed more Nigerian soldiers during the civil war with their bolt action rifles.

I now understand why Nigeria suffered heavier military losses than the Igbos.

Pazienza, I salute you Sir. You are a one man army.

2 Likes

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
OJUcrook:
Timemanager I have dropped my bit earlier on. Here it is

I logged in about a couple of minutes ago to receive your mentions. I instinctively got stuck at the Sutton report. Although I learnt he was alledged to had been involved in some corrupt practices but wasn't aware he was actually indicted by a tribunal. It was quite enlightening. One would wonder why he wasn't prosecuted given enough evidences.
Thumbs up bro!
Truth is mine!

1 Like

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Alright Nwoke'm. Tell us why did azikiwe run away from Biafra to support the Nigerian government in the killing of we Igbos? This was the same Zik that composed the Biafra National anthem. Is Zik not deserving of the award of the most treachrous, greedy, covetous backstabber? A man who composed the Natoinal Anthem of a country he had no faith in
How did I miss this coming from an elder. Elder baba, u too funny.
Truth is talking!

2 Likes

Re: . by Uchek(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2022
Zik didn't have to allow the Northerners to go in 1953 because it was not within his power to allow or disallow secession of any part of Nigeria. The colonial masters called the shots and the region decided whether to secede or not. A speech arguing against secession of any component speech is not allowing secession or not. It is a mere speech. There is no action behind it. The man who took action to disallow a component unit from seeding is Awolowo who joined the North to prevent Eastern Region from seeding which was a contradiction of his earlier position on secession.

SuperS1Panther:

This is the speech by Zik that the OP deleted because she does not want the world to see it again

Osus, Ojukwus and children of hate simply lack foresight. That is one of their major characteristics apart from Crime and Flat head.

If their Zik had the foresight, he would have allowed the northerners to go in 1953 and his kinsmen will not be dying for nothing on the daily basis for one imaginary and mirage of a country.

He even went ahead to form an alliance with them in 1960, prior to formation of Govt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladoja Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race / Supreme Court Victory : Ikot Ekpene District Celebrate Gov Udom. (pictures ) / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.