Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (11964 Views)

Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / Ambode Commissions Ile Zik-sango Toll Gate Street Lights / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Your disingenuity is horrible!!

What do you think would have happened if Zik, Awo and Bello had spoken with one voice to that British officer and insisted on the seccesion clause in the constitution? After all, how did they get the British to agree to independence? Was it not by insisting on it?

Was it armed struggle that gave birth to independence or negotiations by educated men who agreed? Why was zik so.myopic despite the evidence of 1945 and 1953 massacres of his relatives by the same folks he begged for an alliance?

If Nigeria was indissoluble according to zik, why then are you now disturbing the country with your ipob and massob nonsense? has it stopped being indissoluble today?

Anyway, I'm happy about something: you confessed that zik pleaded with the northerners to stay and of course proceed to form an alliance for power with them

Nigerian independence was a negotiated one. It wasn't won on battle field like American-British war. There was no Nigerian-British war.

The British conceded independence to Nigeria based on the understanding that the entity will remain one.

Was Zik myopic to believe in feasibility of the Nigerian union? Yes! hindsight would suggest so. But what would that make people that despite myriads of history and hindsight to draw from, still chant "one Nigeria" today, and worst still,unlike Zik, these fanatics promote a brand of Nigeria not built on diplomacy but on coercion, unlike one Zik, they are not ready to concede power, if doing so will make the Nigerian union workable by appeasing the aggrieved parties?

Zik didn't use coercion to force any one to stay part of Nigeria. He used Diplomacy. He never ganged up with British to serve as their foot soldiers in forcing any group that were brave enough to challenge the British indissoluble Nigeria.
He made it clear that anything beyond Diplomacy was not for him.
This is not what we get from
Arewa-oduanistanis that call for the head of IPOB for challenging the indissoluble British Nigeria.

Zik pleaded for all Nigerian groups to stay within the union and was willing to work with all of them.
He was willing to concede power to keep Nigeria United. Something we can't say of Hypocrites that hoard power today while screaming "one Nigeria".

9 Likes

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Nigerian independence was a negotiated one. It wasn't won on battle field like American-British war. There was no Nigerian-British war.

The British conceded independence to Nigeria based on the understanding that the entity will remain one.

Was Zik myopic to believe in feasibility of the Nigerian union? Yes! hindsight would suggest so. But what would that make people that despite myriads of history and hindsight to draw from, still chant "one Nigeria" today, and worst still,unlike Zik, these fanatics promote a brand of Nigeria not built on diplomacy but on coercion, unlike one Zik, they are not ready to concede power, of doing so will make the Nigerian union workable by appeasing the aggrieved parties?

Zik didn't use force to force any one to stay part of Nigeria. He used Diplomacy. He never ganged up with British to serve as their foot soldiers in forcing any group that were brave enough to challenge the British indissoluble Nigeria.
He made it clear that anything beyond Diplomacy was not for him.
This is not what we get from
Arewa-oduanistanis that call for the head of IPOB for challenging the indissoluble British Nigeria.

Zik pleaded for all Nigerian groups to stay within the union and was willing to work with all of them.
He was willing to concede power to keep Nigeria United. Something we can't say of Hypocrites that hoard power today while screaming "one Nigeria".

Have you seen the post by supers1panther up there complete with links? I'm waiting for your response to it. That'll stop our argument here

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
In 1953 the NPC under the leadership
of my good friend, the late Sardauna, threatened
to secede from the federation unless their 6-point
proposals were adhered to. I had to use personal
diplomacy. We had been personal friends since

Is your Yoloba brain touching?

How exactly does this translate to Zik stopping anyone from inserting the secession clause in the constitution?

Lol!

You want to sell your land cheaply. I came to you and convinced you why you shouldn't by giving you the demerits of selling the land then.
You mused over my advice, and realized I was right and decided not to sell it again. You met the person that wanted to buy the land, and told him you are no longer selling.

How exactly does this translate to me stopping you from selling your land, when the final decision to accept or discard my advice were your voluntary choices, but you decided to heed to my advise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

How exactly does this translate to Zik stopping anyone from inserting the secession clause in the constitution?

Lol!

You want to sell your land cheaply. I came to you and convinced you why you shouldn't by giving you the demerits of selling the land then.
You mused over my advice, and realized I was right and decided not to sell it again. You met the person that wanted to buy the land, and told him you are no longer selling.

How exactly does this translate to me stopping you from selling your land, when the final decision to accept or discard my advice were your voluntary choices, but you decided to heed to my advise.

He did not use force. Agreed.

But is lack of foresight demonstrated by employing diplomacy to convince Ahmadu Bello and his hardened stance against Awo's proposition gave birth to the Indivisibility of the Nigerian Entity Doctrine as stated by him in that interview.

He even went ahead to say Ojukwu committed treason by seceding He nailed it totally.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
In Zik's voice, "Nigeria is indissoluble"

5 Likes

Re: . by CliffordOrji: 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Have you seen the post by supers1panther up there complete with links? I'm waiting for your response to it. That'll stop our argument here
expecting an appropriate answer from him is like expecting snow flakes to fall in the Sahara Desert. As an Igbo man I keep saying that nnamndi azikiwe is the worst thing that happened to we Igbos. This same azikiwe was the one that composed the Biafran National Anthem but ironically during the heat of the civil war, azikiwe ran away from biafra to support the Nigerian government in the killing of his own biafran people

7 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

He did not use force. Agreed.

But is lack of foresight demonstrated by employing diplomacy to convince Ahmadu Bello and his hardened stance against Awo proposition gave birth to the Indivisibility of the Nigerian Entity Doctrine as stated by him in that interview.

He even went ahead to say Ojukwu committed treason by seceding He nailed it totally.

Zik never stood against Awolowo demand for secession.

Awolowo knew the only means to secession was to challenge the British who held the belief that their colonial estate called Nigeria was indissoluble.

If Awolowo declared independence of Odua republic, and Zik volunteered to use Ndiigbo as foot soldiers to bring Odua back using force, then your statement of Zik standing on the secession path of Awolowo and Yolobas would stand.

But Awolowo wasn't even brave enough to challenge the British and what Yolobas had been trying to do since then was to lay the blame of cowardice of Awolowo on Zik by painting a false picture of Zik standing on the way of Yoloba and Awolowo secession movement, while also using it to justify their ganging up with the Arewa to serve as British foot soldiers in dragging Biafrans back to Nigeria.

Of course, I would always be here to expose the falsehood upon which such Yoloba logic were built on.

7 Likes

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Lol!

Is yeeboe brain overheating? Did you see the bold or not?

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level. So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will.
He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.
We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle - he was really an arbiter - that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable

The North (NPC) supported Action Group. The question was then: Should we have secession? The Colonial Office came to our rescue. You know, the usual principle of Britain - ‘divide and rule’ (laughs) but this time, it was in our favour. So, the colonial office backed us. Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason and that was what led to this war, because Col. Ojukwu seceded and so violated the constitution

I hope you can read how Zik was luxuriating in the glory of demolishing Awo's argument? He's proud that he demolished the argument for secession!! See him laughing and being cavalier about the pains, suffering, deaths and tears that is your lot today? I join him in laughter too abeg cheesy

I ask again, what has changed between 1953 and now with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union?

6 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Zik never stood against Awolowo demand for secession.

Awolowo knew the only means to secession was to challenge the British who held the belief that their colonial estate called Nigeria was indissoluble.

If Awolowo declared independence of Odua republic, and Zik volunteered to use Ndiigbo as foot soldiers to bring Odua back using force, then your statement of Zik standing on the secession path of Awolowo and Yolobas would stand.

But Awolowo wasn't even brave enough to challenge the British and what Yolobas had been trying to do since then was to lay the blame of cowardice of Awolowo on Zik by painting a false picture of Zik standing on the way of Yoloba and Awolowo secession movement, while also using it to justify their ganging up with the Arewa to serve as British foot soldiers in dragging Biafrans back to Nigeria.

Of course, I would always be here to expose the falsehood upon which such Yoloba logic were built on.

Utter rubbish!!!!! Your kinsmen prostrated for the North for them not secede, he even went ahead to align with the British to thwart the plan of inserting same in our constitution.

What a pathetic and inglorious backstabber he is.

You Osus need to exhume his body and place an eternal curse on him for his lack of foresight.

6 Likes

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:
"Secondly at the 1954 Constitutional Conference
that was held in Lagos, the Action Group, under the
distinguished leadership of Chief Obafemi
Awolowo, demanded that the “right to secession”
be included in the proposed new constitution. This
was rejected by the Colonial Secretary, Oliver
Lyttleton."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/time-
think-femi-fani-kayode/

Never did Zik stop Awolowo or any Nigerian group from secession. The British simply made no room for secession of any group from Nigeria.

Bamenda that pushed for secession were given the option of either joining Cameroon of remaining with Nigeria.

The idea that Zik forced Awolowo or anyone from secession from Nigeria is a regular yoloba falsehood aimed at explaining away the cowardice of Awolowo in cowering before the British demand rather than forcing secession if he wanted one.

so what changed for you Igbos? the North and West wanted to leave, you pleaded and aligned with the north, and the West had to avoid war and join the union or risk a war. The war that eventually found its way to your doorsteps 12 years later. You wanted ONE NIGERIA at that time because of your greed, the greed that eventually led you to your present state of servitude to the ONE NIGERIA that you love so much. And to imagine it wasn't only Zik,ironsi later finished what Zik started. Thank God for the sage Awolowo, what your people experienced 12years later because of your greed would have been our cross to bear if he didn't avoid the impending war . again in Zik's voice "Nigeria is indissoluble"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Is yeeboe brain overheating? Did you see the bold or not?

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level. So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will.
He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.
We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle - he was really an arbiter - that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable

The North (NPC) supported Action Group. The question was then: Should we have secession? The Colonial Office came to our rescue. You know, the usual principle of Britain - ‘divide and rule’ (laughs) but this time, it was in our favour. So, the colonial office backed us. Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason and that was what led to this war, because Col. Ojukwu seceded and so violated the constitution

I hope you can read how Zik was luxuriating in the glory of demolishing Awo's argument? He's proud that he demolished the argument for secession!! See him laughing and being cavalier about the pains, suffering, deaths and tears that is your lot today? I join him in laughter too abeg cheesy

I ask again, what has changed between 1953 and now with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union?

I had already argued this issue. Zik was pro Nigerian unity, but the decision to insert the secession clause or not was ultimately the decision of the British. And they did exercise their power in ruling against it, despite the 2-1 in favour of it.

Zik never stopped Awolowo or anyone from secession, he only offered his argument on matter of discuss.

Ultimately our discussion is already past this stage, you are drawing us backwards.

4 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
so what changed for you Igbos? the North and West wanted to leave, you pleaded and aligned with the north, and the West had to avoid war and join the union or risk a war. The war that eventually found its way to your doorsteps 12 years later. You wanted ONE NIGERIA at that time because of your greed, the greed that eventually led you to your present state of servitude to the ONE NIGERIA that you love so much. And to imagine it wasn't only Zik,ironsi later finished what Zik started. Thank God for the sage Awolowo, what your people experienced 12years later because of your greed would have been our cross to bear if he didn't avoid the impending war . again in Zik's voice "Nigeria is indissoluble"

Apart from Zik prostrating for the North from seceding and the mole work he did for the British by kicking against the insertion of secession clause in the constitution, Aguiyi ironsi even crushed Adaka Boro's declaration of nationhood within 6 days of the declaration and the same people went ahead to declare their own secession just 6 months after.

They are just bunch of jokers that only reason with their chest and not their brain, they act with their emotions and not their heart and they have never seen beyond now because they lack foresight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

I had already argued this issue. Zik was pro Nigerian unity, but the decision to insert the secession clause or not was ultimately the decision of the British. And they did exercise their power in ruling against it, despite the 2-1 in favour of it.

Zik never stopped Awolowo or anyone from secession, he only offered his argument on matter of discuss.

Ultimately our discussion is already past this stage, you are drawing us backwards.

If you agree with zik that the Union was indissoluble in 1953. If you agree with zik that ojukwu invited war by committing the treasonable act of secession in 1967, why are you disturbing us with ipob and massob today?

What has changed between 1953 and today with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union as zik described and affirmed by you?

5 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Your Zik was simply a traitor and a backstabber that lack foresight.

Are his action not hunting you till today? No wonder the Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison is eating uncooked beans in his Zoological cage.

In Zik's voice -- Nigeria is indissoluble

6 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

If you agree with zik that the Union was indissoluble in 1953. If you agree with zik that ojukwu invited war by committing the treasonable act of secession in 1967, why are you disturbing us with ipob and massob today?

What has changed between 1953 and today with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union as zik described and affirmed by you?

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please accept my dab offering. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: . by seunmsg(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
[
b]I was opposed to it and said ‘no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual. That was when we began to use that expression - ‘The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ - and that to secede would amount to treason[/b]

I hope someone can read this extract from Zik's interview to Nnamdi KANU so that he can understand the treasonous expedition that he's on. Other ipob loud mouths should also take note. Clamouring for secession is a treasonable offence according to Nnamdi Azikiwe.

6 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:

Zik never threatened Awolowo or the North with War should they secede. He made it clear that anything more than diplomacy was not for him.
Don't know the war you speak of.

We know the slaves of Nigeria, their masters are always there to point us right.

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King
and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient
town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their
filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places
and all these people by imposing Islam on them by
force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and
most of them chose the Koran..."

No Igboman stood on Awolowo or Yolobas path to secession in 50's, Awolowo was as always speaking with both side of the mouth. Just as no one stood on your path to secession in 1960's but Awolowo again chose Nigeria , driven by greed and lust for power, ganged up with Gowon, dissolved the regional set up of Nigeria and to worsen it, Awolowo economic blueprint that led to indigenization of foreign companies led to the death of those companies at the hands of incompetent greedy yolobas who Awolowo ensured acquired them after his 20 pounds policy took the Igbos out of the equation.
Yoloba incompetence and greed killed the Nigerian public sector post 1970 when they inherited the bulk of them.

To make matters worst another treacherous Yoloba man called OBJ enacted the demonic land use decree that killed what was left of Nigeria.

Yolobas are the reason Nigeria will remain a failed Colonial entity.

Zik believed Nigeria is indissoluble, because he was ready to negotiate the feasiblity of Nigeria, he was ready to sacrifice power to keep it united.

6 Likes

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

they are fickle minded people who don't know jack about statecraft. Imagine the people of Britain coming out today to say they don't want brexit anymore? How is that possible, even though most admitted they voted in ignorance, they know better than that they must follow through with it ,how can mentally stable people want One Nigeria today only to go to war 12 years later against the people who weren't disposed to it in the first place . What gave them the right?

5 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Zik never threatened Awolowo or the North with War should they secede. He made it clear that anything more than diplomacy was not for him.

We know the slaves of Nigeria, their masters are always there to point us right.

No Igboman stood on Awolowo or Yolobas path to secession in 50's, Awolowo was as always speaking with both side of the mouth. Just as no one stood on your path to secession in 1960's but Awolowo again chose Nigeria , driven by greed and lust for power, ganged up with Gowon, dissolved the regional set up of Nigeria and to worsen it, Awolowo economic blueprint that led to indigenization of foreign companies led to the death of those companies at the hands of incompetent greedy yolobas who Awolowo ensured acquired it fatter his 20 pounds policy took the Igbos out of the equation.

To make matters worst another treacherous Yoloba man called OBJ enacted the demonic land use decree that killed what was left of Nigeria.

Zik believed Nigeria is indissoluble, because he was ready to negotiate the feasiblity of Nigeria, he was ready to sacrifice power to keep it unite.

Zik has told you this - The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ - and that to secede would amount to treason.

Read it to the Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison, your children and your children's children. Let every single one of the Osus memorize that line and know it by heart.

Secession is a treason punishable by Death, without option of jail time or fine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

No Igboman stood on Awolowo or Yolobas path to secession in 50's, Awolowo was as always speaking with both side of the mouth. Just as no one stood on your path to secession in 1960's but Awolowo again chose Nigeria , driven by greed and lust for power, ganged up with Gowon, dissolved the regional set up of Nigeria and to worsen it, Awolowo economic blueprint that led to indigenization of foreign companies led to the death of those companies at the hands of incompetent greedy yolobas who Awolowo ensured acquired them after his 20 pounds policy took the Igbos out of the equation.

Zik believed Nigeria is indissoluble, because he was ready to negotiate the feasiblity of Nigeria, he was ready to sacrifice power to keep it united.
ok I get it, you wanted Awolowo to go to war, while you align with the north right. No wonder you fell into the trap you set for your neighbor. We thank God for the foresight he gave Awolowo to avoid a war that would have made us fifth class citizens today. Zik used his raport with the north tovmanipulate the northerners for his own selfish gains. That is the cause of your never ending struggle today.

5 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Zik has told you this - The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ - and that to secede would amount to treason.

Read it to the Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison, your children and your children's children. Let every single one of the Osus memorize that line and know it by heart.

Secession is a treason punishable by Death, without option of jail time or fine.

Unfortunately for you,we don't do hero worship in Igboland.

Zik was entitled to his opinions then, and maybe those opinions served the political outlook of Ndiigbo then.

But currently they don't. And the current Igbo youths would chart our political destiny in tandem with prevailing political climate around us. Our sovereignty is ours and we determine when to take or drop it. Our right to self determination is sacrosanct and we will exercise it, while you ultimately will end up in your destined republic of Arewa-oduanistan with your Arewa partners.

6 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Zik was entitled to his opinions then, and maybe those opinions served the political outlook of Ndiigbo then.

But currently they don't. And the current Igbo youths would chart our political destiny in tandem with prevailing political climate around us. Our sovereignty is ours and we determine when to take or drop it. Our right to self determination is sacrosanct and we will exercise it, while you ultimately will end up in your destined republicak of Arewa-oduanistan with your Arewa partners.

As stated by Zik in 1956, i am reiterating it for your wax-filled ears that Nigeria is indissoluble and any act of secession wil be treated as a treasonable felony act punishable by death.

Justice shall be served by either bringing such felons to justice or bringing/dragging them to justice.

Weigh the consequences of your actions before embarking on another round of suicide mission.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Zik was entitled to his opinions then, and maybe [b]those opinions served the political outlook of Ndiigbo then.

But currently they don't. [/b]And the current Igbo youths would chart our political destiny in tandem with prevailing political climate around us. Our sovereignty is ours and we determine when to take or drop it. Our right to self determination is sacrosanct and we will exercise it, while you ultimately will end up in your destined republicak of Arewa-oduanistan with your Arewa partners.

so your people thought they could do as they wish. Wanting something only when it favours you? You will have to take responsibility for the mess you created first. One Nigeria was the igbo people's brainchild when things was rosy. You won't be allowed to abandon it grin cheesy like Zik said in 1953 "Nigeria is indisolluble "

4 Likes

Re: . by Olu317(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Yoloba incompetence and greed killed the Nigerian public sector post 1970 when they inherited the bulk of them.

You Ibos are quite funny with your flaw views without research... Wha about the time zik ABADONED THE IBOS AND JOINED NIGERIA'S GOVERNMENT DURING 1967-1970 EHN? You quoted a loser that they don't even know in Ilorin. Who in Ilorin you know that has come out to tell you “ I AM A FULANI MAN OR WOMAN?, DO YOU KNOW BEFORE THE BRITISH COLONIALIST WICKEDLY CARVED ILORIN TO NORTH, OYO HAD STATIONED HIS REPRESENTATIVE IN ILORIN? DO YOU KNOW THE ILORIN PEOPLE MENTION IT TO BRITISH COLONIALIST THAT THEY BELONGED WITH THE WEST? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THERE IS OBA IN JEBBA? THIS IS A PLACE AFTER ILORIN .THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH IBOS. YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN HISTORY YET YOU DELVE INTO ANOTHER MAN'S HISTORY WHOSE HISTORY YOU BARELY KNOW. I AM SORRY FOR YOU..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
ok I get it, you wanted Awolowo to go to war, while you align with the north right. No wonder you fell into the trap you set for your neighbor. We thank God for the foresight he gave Awolowo to avoid a war that would have made us fifth class citizens today. Zik used his raport with the north tovmanipulate the northerners for his own selfish gains. That is the cause of your never ending struggle today.

No one wanted Awolowo to go to war. Awolowo as a Yoloba was not just cut out to be straight forward.

Neither Zik nor Ndiigbo ganged up
with anyone to stop Awolowo from secession. Awolowo just never declared secession and whatever you think would have happened if he did are mere projections emanating from your Yoloboic brain cells.

Zik never stopped Awolowo or Yolobas from secession. He simply presented a better argument for unity of the country then and went about to achieve it with diplomacy.

The selfish and greedy one was awolowo who killed the Nigerian public and private sector with his Yoloba incompetence , who when opportunity for Yoloba secession was presented by Biafran secession chose to embrace the colonial mere geographical entity, who promoted and supported Gowon dissolution of the regions and creation of dysfunctional entities called states.

Whose greed for money and power threw the western region into turmoil and caused him to commit treason twice and eventually took his own life.

Chew on that.

7 Likes

Re: . by deomelo: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:

Even sef back then shebi we had some form of autonomy in form of regional government like the Nothern, Western and Eastern regional government when each region controlled their own destiny, but guess what, their brother Aguiyi-Irons introduced decree 34, the so called unification decree that abolished the regional autonomy that sent power to the center in form of the system we have today, the same system they don't want.

Bottom line, 2 ibo men created what these Igbos are dying to change. Zik made sure Nigeria stays one and indivisible and Aguiyi-Irons cemented it with his own decree 34.

They are in fact responsible for One Nigeria, but many of these ipob kids don't know their own history. Sad and pathetic.

5 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
so your people thought they could do as they wish. Wanting something only when it favours you? You will have to take responsibility for the mess you created first. One Nigeria was the igbo people's brainchild when things was rosy. You won't be allowed to abandon it grin cheesy like Zik said in 1953 "Nigeria is indisolluble "

One Nigeria piloted by the Igbo was a progressive one with potentials. Where diplomacy was the basic tool of negotiations.

One Nigeria piloted by Arewa-oduanistanis is a failed third world colonial entity, where savagery and death threats are tools of negotiations and diplomacy is an alien word.

Zik won Awolowo in an argument for Nigerian unity. He used force of superior intelligence, rationality and logic tampered with diplomacy to push for Nigerian unity.

Today, Arewa-oduanistanis can't provide a rational argument for the need for continual existence of Nigeria, their intelligence is Zero and rationality is twisted.
Their bargaining chip is coercion and threats of death on dissenting voices.
Little wonder the colonial entity under Arewa-oduanistanis is a failed entity.

Ndiigbo had since rejected you and your failed union, and there is nothing you can do about it other than offer twisted logics and death threats

The shame is on you.

5 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Olu317:
You Ibos are quite funny with your flaw views without research... Wha about the time zik ABADONED THE IBOS AND JOINED NIGERIA'S GOVERNMENT DURING 1967-1970 EHN? You quoted a loser that they don't even know in Ilorin. Who in Ilorin you know that has come out to tell you “ I AM A FULANI MAN OR WOMAN?, DO YOU KNOW BEFORE THE BRITISH COLONIALIST WICKEDLY CARVED ILORIN TO NORTH, OYO HAD STATIONED HIS REPRESENTATIVE IN ILORIN? DO YOU KNOW THE ILORIN PEOPLE MENTION IT TO BRITISH COLONIALIST THAT THEY BELONGED WITH THE WEST? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THERE IS OBA IN JEBBA? THIS IS A PLACE AFTER ILORIN .THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH IBOS. YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN HISTORY YET YOU DELVE INTO ANOTHER MAN'S HISTORY WHOSE HISTORY YOU BARELY KNOW. I AM SORRY FOR YOU..

We have asked them to tell us the name of the war the fulani fought to conquer Ilorin, till date they are still blabbing.

The entire Ilorin is surrounded by yoruba Obas From Jebba to Kaaba to Offa to Ogbomosho. How did the Fulani passed through those kingdoms without conquering them?

They will never answer the question.

Remind them of how minority group changed the name of their town from Obigbo to Oyigbo. Ask them to change the name back first before we can talk about ilorin

3 Likes

Re: . by CliffordOrji: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Alright Nwoke'm. Tell us why did azikiwe run away from Biafra to support the Nigerian government in the killing of we Igbos? This was the same Zik that composed the Biafra National anthem. Is Zik not deserving of the award of the most treachrous, greedy, covetous backstabber? A man who composed the Natoinal Anthem of a country he had no faith in
pazienza:

No one wanted Awolowo to go to war. Awolowo as a Yoloba was not just cut out to be straight forward.

Neither Zik nor Ndiigbo ganged up
with anyone to stop Awolowo from secession. Awolowo just never declared secession and whatever you think would have happened if he did are mere projections emanating from your Yoloboic brain cells.

Zik never stopped Awolowo or Yolobas from secession. He simply presented a better argument for unity of the country then and went about to achieve it with diplomacy.

The selfish and greedy one was awolowo who killed the Nigerian public and private sector with his Yoloba incompetence , who when opportunity for Yoloba secession was presented by Biafran secession chose to embrace the colonial mere geographical entity, who promoted and supported Gowon dissolution of the regions and creation of dysfunctional entities called states.

Whose greed for money and power threw the western region into turmoil and caused him to commit treason twice and eventually took his own life.

Chew on that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
deomelo:

Even sef back then shebi we had some form of autonomy in form of regional government like the Nothern, Western and Eastern regional government when each region controlled their own destiny, but guess what, their brother Aguiyi-Irons introduced decree 34, the so called unification decree that abolished the regional autonomy that sent power to the center in form of the system we have today, the same system they don't want.

Bottom line, 2 ibo men created what these Igbos are dying to change. Zik made sure Nigeria stays one and indivisible and Aguiyi-Irons cemented it with his own decree 34.

They are in fact responsible for One Nigeria, but many of these ipob kids don't know their own history. Sad and pathetic.

They always look for every opportunity to lord it over others.

That was the philosophy behin Decree 34 of Aguiyi Ironsi and the Indissolubility of Nigeria Doctrine of Zik.

The hateful iPod kids are in for a torrid time. By this revealation, Nigerian Forces are right to be using them as target practise because they were formed to protect the sovereign integrity of the Nigerian borders, which unfortunately is inclusive of the cursed land of the Osus.

7 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
deomelo:

"On August 31, 1966, Gowon abolished Decree 34
and restored the federal system. On May 27,
1967, Gowon created the 12 states, killed the four
regions and handed supreme authority to the
central Government. It has been so since"
thenationonlineng.net/journey-that-leads-to-
nowhere/ thenationonlineng.net/journey-that-
leads-to-nowhere/

Awolowo driven by greed goaded and supported Gowon dissolution of Nigerian regions because of his greed and lust for power.

Funny enough,the same slimy Yolobas would chant regionalism today while falsely blaming dead Ironsi for killing the regions, when it was Gowon with his Awolowo partner that did that with active support of Arewa-oduanistani populace.

I will always be here to remind you lots, force it down your throats until you choke from it!
Hehe!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

One Nigeria piloted by the Igbo was a progressive one with potentials. Where diplomacy was the basic tool of negotiations.

One Nigeria piloted by Arewa-oduanistanis is a failed third world colonial entity, where savagery and death threats are tools of negotiations and diplomacy is an alien word.

Zik won Awolowo in an argument for Nigerian unity. He used force of superior intelligence, rationality and logic tampered with diplomacy to push for Nigerian unity.

Today, Arewa-oduanistanis can't provide a rational argument for the need for continual existence of Nigeria, their intelligence is Zero and rationality is twisted.
Their bargaining chip is coercion and threats of death on dissenting voices.
Little wonder the colonial entity under Arewa-oduanistanis is a failed entity.

Ndiigbo had since rejected you and your failed union, and there is nothing you can do about it other than offer twisted logics and death threats

The shame is on you.
so are you saying Zik was the only person who could reason with the northerners, you also said they had no intelligence. But don't you think the fact that they ve been keeping you as 5th class citizens demonstrates a lot about your own "intelligence" Now my friend. Since you didn't object when your leader Zik was negotiating with the north who you knew to be all these things you wrote. You will have to go and wake Zik to come and negotiate with them now. grin cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Announces Plan To Resume Distribution Of Pvcs / How Illicit Weapons Fuel Nigeria’s Insecurity / INEC Commences Distribution Of Sensitive Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.