Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (11901 Views)

Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / Ambode Commissions Ile Zik-sango Toll Gate Street Lights / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2017

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
shocked
Re: . by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Zik was thinking about One Nigeria but he never believed in using force to keep the north in the union

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded

It came to pass 13 years later. We are going to do so forever. We will never be subjugated by those men from Futa jallon

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force

Zik never believed in the use of force to achieve an objective rather diplomacy should be the cardinal rule.

If only buhari can learn.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
yawns...
Re: . by TimeManager(m): 12:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Zik a.k.a baba one Nigeria, practically groveled before the north to persuade them. Zik's excesses of political creed was driven too far, too far to tie down the destiny of his unborn generation as against a sense of futuristic projection. The fate of his children's children was however sealed in 1961, a literal fact which his kin & kiths are being too delusional to quickly ignore but many thanks to Amadioha who has caused one of their numerous daughters snaps out of amnesia to dig out the seal of persuasion which had their unending future delivered to the hands of Nigeria....Case closed!!!
Truth is talking!

4 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 12:41am On Mar 11, 2017
This is the speech by Zik that the OP deleted because she does not want the world to see it again

In 1953 when Northern Nigerians were beginning to consider secession from the Nigerian colony that would soon be a nation, Nnamdi Azikiwe gave a speech before the caucus of his political party, the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) in Yaba, Nigeria on May 12, 1953. That speech, while not disallowing secession, suggested that there would be grave consequences if the Northern region became an independent nation.

I have invited you to attend this caucus because I would like you to make clear our stand on the issue of secession. As a party, we would have preferred Nigeria to remain intact, but lest there be doubt as to our willingness to concede to any shade of political opinion the right to determine its policy, I am obliged to issue a solemn warning to those who are goading the North towards secession. If you agree with my views, then I hope that in course of our deliberations tonight, you will endorse them, to enable me to publicize them in the Press.

In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail. I, therefore, counsel Northern leaders to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of secession before embarking upon this dangerous course.

As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North.

There are seven reasons for my holding to this view. Secession by the North may lead to internal political convulsion there when it is realized that militant nationalists and their organizations, like the NLPU, the Askianist Movement, and the Middle Zone League, have aspirations for self-government in 1956 identical with those of their Southern compatriots. It may lead to justifiable demands for the right of self-determination by non-Muslims, who form the majority of the population in the so-called ‘Pagan’ provinces, like Benue, Ilorin, Kabba, Niger and Plateau, not to mention the claims of non-Muslims who are domiciled in Adamawa and Bauchi Provinces.

It may lead to economic nationalism in the Eastern Region, which can pursue a policy of blockade of the North, by refusing it access to the sea, over and under the River Niger, except upon payment of tolls. It may lead to economic warfare between the North on the one hand, and the Eastern or Western regions on the other, should they decide to fix protective tariffs which will make the use of the ports of the Last and West uneconomic for the North.

The North may be rich in mineral resources and certain cash crops, but that is no guarantee that it would be capable of growing sufficient food crops to enable it to feed its teeming millions, unlike the East and the West. Secession may create hardship for Easterners and Westerners who are domiciled in the North, since the price of food crops to be imported into the North from the South is bound to be very high and to cause an increase in the cost of living. Lastly, it will endanger the relations with their neighbours of millions of Northerners who are domiciled in the East and West and Easterners and Westerners who reside in the North.

You may ask me whether there would be a prospect of civil war, if the North decided to secede? My answer would be that it is a hypothetical question which only time can answer. In any case, the plausible cause of a civil war might be a dispute as to the right of passage on the River Niger, or the right of flight over the territory of the Eastern or Western Region; but such disputes can be settled diplomatically, instead of by force.

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.

You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded.

Let me take this opportunity to warn those who are making a mountain out of the molehill of the constitutional crisis to be more restrained and constructive. The dissemination of lies abroad; the publishing of flamboyant headlines about secessionist plans, and the goading of empty-headed careerists with gaseous ideas about their own importance in tile scheme of things in the North is being overdone in certain quarters. I feel that these quarters must be held responsible for any breach between the North and South, which nature had indissolubly united in a political, social and economic marriage of convenience. In my personal opinion, there is no sense in the North breaking away or the East or the West breaking away; it would be better if all the regions would address themselves to the task of crystallizing common nationality, irrespective of the extraneous influences at work. What history has joined together let no man put asunder. But history is a strange mistress which can cause strange things to happen!

Sources:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).

Osus, Ojukwus and children of hate simply lack foresight. That is one of their major characteristics apart from Crime and Flat head.

If their Zik had the foresight, he would have allowed the northerners to go in 1953 and his kinsmen will not be dying for nothing on the daily basis for one imaginary and mirage of a country.

He even went ahead to form an alliance with them in 1960, prior to formation of Govt.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 12:49am On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Osus, Ojukwus and children of hate simply lack foresight. That is one of their major characteristics apart from Crime and Flat head.

If their Zik had the foresight, he would have allowed the northerners to go in 1953 and his kinsmen will not be dying for nothing on the daily basis for one imaginary and mirage of a country.

He even went ahead to form an alliance with them in 1960, prior to formation of Govt.
grin grin grin grin..They are supposed to go exhume him at his mausoleum & make him renounce the balderdash before cremating him.
Truth is mine!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 1:06am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
grin grin grin grin..They are supposed to go exhume him at his mausoleum & make him renounce the balderdash before cremating him.
Truth is mine!

Those Sons and Daughters of Hatred that hate anything and everything should always curse Zik every morning.

The deluded man said all those rubbish despite knowing that the same northerners killed his people in 1932 and 1945. He read anthropology at the university in US and what he was preaching was totally against the doctrine of the course he studied.

Awo warned him about the idea and even advised for secession to be inserted in the constitution, but due to Zik's innate and inherent selfish interest, he did not listen.

His people are being used for target practise on a daily basis, in their quest to achieve what their foremost leader preached against vehemently.

Someone needs to send this epistle to to Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 1:07am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
Truth is mine!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this guy you no go kill person

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 1:10am On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this guy you no go kill person

That line actually got me cracking. wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unfortunately it is the bitter gospel that should be preached to those Osus and Ojukwus.

3 Likes

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 1:12am On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Those Sons and Daughters of Hatred that hate anything and everything should always curse Zik every morning.

The deluded man said all those rubbish despite knowing that the same northerners killed his people in 1932 and 1945. He read anthropology at the university in US and what he was preaching was totally against the doctrine of t course he studied.

Awo warned him about the idea and even advised for secession to b inserted in in constitution, but due to Zik innate and inherent selfish interest he did not listen.

His people are being used for target practise in their quest to achieve what their foremost leader preacher against vehemently.

Someone needs to send this epistle to to Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison.
cool Kiss the crown! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 1:13am On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

That line actually got me cracking. wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unfortunately it is the bitter gospel that should be preached to those Osus and Ojukwus.

Thank God for archives where one can dig out these priceless historical facts. They're free to continue deceiving themselves, na laugh i go dey laugh but any body wey bring that rubbish come my side will always get it hot. Like TimeManager says, "truth is ours" cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 1:14am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
cool Kiss the crown! cool
cheesy Accept my dab offering cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 1:18am On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Thank God for archives where one can dig out these priceless historical facts. They're free to continue deceiving themselves, na laugh i go dey laugh but any body wey bring that rubbish come my side will always get it hot. Like TimeManager says, "truth is ours" cheesy
Until they are able to break the glass ceiling, they remain prisoner of their past actions.
Truth is talking!

2 Likes

Re: . by HiddenShadow: 3:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Zik the greatest disaster to have befallen the Eastern people.

Ojukwu also made similar mistake by not accepting French and Chinese help.

Kathmandu, the truth is

Despite being majority Christians, we lack leaders who pray before taking decisions that are binding on our people.

If Zik had seek the face of God before this nonsense of his, we won't be were we are today

If Ojukwu had seek the face of God concerning French and Chinese offer to help us in exchange for oil, we won't be where we are today

Nnamdi Kanu must also seek the face of God on every issue no matter how small it is before making any decision binding on our people.

The Easterners must apply the wisdom of their God not only in their private lives but also in their national lives be it political, economical, social, etc.

4 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 5:45am On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Google does not forget. Yorubas too does not forget. They will tell your tale in the form of folklore to serve as a reminder for what has been done in the past.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2017
Now we know who to blame.

I learnt this same man discouraged True federalism and opted for the unitary system of government we are practicing today.

Now, more than 50years later, i hear his people are slaves in the contraption he helped build. God dey.

4 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 7:22am On Mar 11, 2017
Ioannes:
Now we know who to blame.

I learnt this same man discouraged True federalism and opted for the unitary system of government we are practicing today.

Now, more than 50years later, i hear his people are slaves in the contraption he helped build. God dey.

Aguiyi Ironsi started the unitary system.

3 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 7:50am On Mar 11, 2017
In my opinion, the Northerners are perfectly entitled to consider whether or not they should secede from the indissoluble union which nature has formed between it and the South, but it would be calamitous to the corporate existence of the North should the clamour for secession prevail.

See the word used by the greatest Osu an Ojukwu man.

What does th Crowned Prince of Kuje Prison and his hordes of Ipod demons think about the bolden part.

4 Likes

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2017
Kathmandu:
You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded

[s]It came to pass 13 years later. We are going to do so forever. We will never be subjugated by those men from Futa jallon[/s]
Chestbeating as usual.. grin grin Had the fulanis overrun the Yorubas in their quest to conquer, SE would have turned to a rubble whose only primitive weapon was cassava sticks.
. But the Yorubas were more than gallant to repel their attacks with superior valour. The more reason y'all be grateful to the Yorubas daily but unfortunately you could only return it with ingratitude.
SuperS1Panther, shukuokukobambi, ioannes(elders in the house, shey no be true?)
Truth is talking!

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
Chestbeating as usual.. grin grin Had the fulanis overrun the Yorubas in their quest to conquer, SE would have turned to a rubble whose only primitive weapon was cassava sticks.
. But the Yorubas were more than gallant to repel their attacks with superior valour. The more reason y'all be grateful to the Yorubas daily but unfortunately you could only return it with ingratitude.
Truth is talking!
continue to masturbate on my mentions until you get banned again

4 Likes

Re: . by OkoNDOoBo: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2017
zik decisions were driven by his greed and lust for power, this can be seen in an average Igbo man.
he formed coalition govt with north in the first republic ,he blatantly refused to accept insertion of break up clause into Nigeria's constitution as propagated by awo led delegates.

now his generations re suffering the consequences of his actions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
Truth is talking!

How will a group of people that their forefathers could not even build a town, talkless of a city before the arrival of the British, repel the vicious attacks of the Fouta Jallon descendants?
The best war they ever fought was led by their women and that was Aba "riot" of 1927. Before then, their best wars were the ones they fought in their hamlet market Square to determine the strongest man that will marry Adaobi, Shinyere, Shindinma, Shindodo, Shinwinrin, Shineye etc.

We fought the fulanis and defeated them resoundingly during the Jalumi War and they never recovered from it. The same way the Osus were defeated at Ore.

All what they enjoy doing is chest beating. They dared Fulani herdsmen to attack their land. Those ones attacked Ebonyi, Imo, Anambra, Enugu and even hoisted a flag in Abia and ask them what did they do, apart from their sissy Govs crying on national TV.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:

Truth is talking!

Lol

It's a historical fact that the Yorubas have indeed fought many wars, hence the titles, Balogun, Akogun etc. The halt and subsequent defeat of othman Dan Fodio's rampaging army indeed saved the entire south from being conquered and islamized.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Aguiyi Ironsi started the unitary system.

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.
Re: . by TimeManager(m): 8:34am On Mar 11, 2017
Kathmandu:
continue to masturbate on my mentions until you get banned again
You too dey boil!....no try get me ban abeg. This would be the first time i was able to spend 2days successfully without getting banned for a very very very long time. The kind Juju wey una dey use among your folks no be here!, especially you!. If you mind my asking, is there anything going BTW you & one of the M*** lipsrsealed?

Asides, you opened a thread on which you expect us contribute. Would you have wanted a skeletal thread?
Truth is mine!

4 Likes

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

How will a group of people that their forefathers could not even build a town, talkless of a city before the arrival of the British, repel the vicious attacks of the Fouta Jallon descendants?
The best war they ever fought was led by their women and that was Aba "riot" of 1927. Before then, their best wars were the ones they fought in their hamlet market Square to determine the strongest man that will marry Adaobi, Shinyere, Shindinma, Shindodo, Shinwinrin, Shineye etc.

We fought and defeated them resoundingly during the Jalumi War and they never recovered from it. The same way the Osus were defeated at Ore.

All what they enjoy doing is chest beating. They dared Fulani herdsmen to attack their land. Those ones attacked Ebonyi, Imo, Anambra, Enugu and even hoisted a flag in Abia and ask them what did they do, apart from their sissy Govs crying on national TV.
Even their so called best war abi riot was not without a defeat.
alot many of their women were killed while some were captured & forcefully married off to the whites.. They have always been defeated all rounder in every battles.
Truth is mine!

1 Like

Re: . by TimeManager(m): 8:43am On Mar 11, 2017
Ioannes:

Lol

It's a historical fact that the Yorubas have indeed fought many wars, hence the titles, Balogun, Akogun etc. The halt and subsequent defeat of othman Dan Fodio's rampaging army indeed saved the entire south from being conquered and islamized.
cheesy Kiss the crown cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 11, 2017
TimeManager:
cheesy Kiss the crown cheesy

cheesy
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:08am On Mar 11, 2017
The Yolobas once again spreading their Igbophobic falsehoods passed down to them by their shameless dishonest fore runners.

As usual, I'm your party pooper, and I just arrived. Prepare to be flogged by facts and your Yoloboic falsehoods smashed.

"Secondly at the 1954 Constitutional Conference
that was held in Lagos, the Action Group, under
the
distinguished leadership of Chief Obafemi
Awolowo, demanded that the “right to secession”
be included in the proposed new constitution. This
was rejected by the Colonial Secretary, Oliver
Lyttleton."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/time-
think-femi-fani-kayode/

Never did Zik stop Awolowo or any Nigerian group
from secession. The British simply made no room
for secession of any group from Nigeria.
Bamenda that pushed for secession were given the
option of either joining Cameroon of remaining with
Nigeria.
The idea that Zik forced Awolowo or anyone from
secession from Nigeria is a regular yoloba
falsehood aimed at explaining away the cowardice
of Awolowo in cowering before the British demand
rather than forcing secession if he wanted one.

The Yolobas stock in trade is to blame the Igbo for their own inadequacies.

1. Blame Zik for Awolowo cowardice in not defying the British refusal to grant independence for any Nigerian group, rather than blaming Awolowo for chickening out of pushing for unification of Yoloba speaking people in Nigeria with those in Benin republic like Endeley did for Bamenda.

2. Blame Ironsi and Ndiigbo for the mess that Nigeria is, when it is a known fact that Awolowo was the brain behind Gowon policies that culminated to Gowon's dissolution of the regions and creation of abominations called states with active support of the Yoruba populace.
Awolowo and Yolobas were also the brain behind Gowon's economic policies in the early 70's that failed to place the country on the path of development but instead handed All foreign companies in Nigeria and the public sector to Yolobas which they all destroyed through sheer incompetence and nepotism.

Obasanjo, a Yoloba man it was who entrenched the land use decree that dispossessed the lands of Niger deltans from them and handed them to his Arewa partners.

Yolobas will not take responsibility for their actions, preferring to put them on the Igbo, in a bid to promote a twisted psychology aimed at blackmailing the Igbos to stay in Nigeria with them.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Has Recalled Ali Ndume Following Court Order / Tariff Issues Trails Seme Border Reopening / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.