Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft (52771 Views)

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by UncleJudax(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Evaberry:

if u say so sir

but u said "there english"

it's okay ooo
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by abbeyty(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
UncleJudax:

They will tell you "since you understood what they meant to say, that's all that matters". They want the economy to be fixed, not not there English...because it is not their "mother tongue"

Laziness!

what of there instead their ?
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by iomoge2(f): 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
SirWere:
For Nigerians :

1) Dat and That

2) u and You

3) @ and at

4) Lalasticlala and snake grin grin

Lmao.
So true
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by iomoge2(f): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
UncleJudax:

They will tell you "since you understood what they meant to say, that's all that matters". They want the economy to be fixed, not not their English...because it is not their "mother tongue"

Laziness!
*and
*their
*mothers'
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by UncleJudax(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
iomoge2:

*and
*their
*mothers'
You did see the " "? If I had wanted it unquoted, then yeah, I would have put it that way. Correction accepted nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by Olajay3700(m): 2:03am On Mar 12, 2017
Ogbeni. Leave the English like that jhoor. Na my language? Bring white man come yarn pidgin then.
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by offio(m): 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
I rarely comment but I think dis post is super superb than not appreciating it. thanks its really helpful.
Re: The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft by Shalom51(f): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
afford and avoid:- the are different words with different meanings. though people mistake them alot. afford means 'to get' to purchase at a lower rate/price.(e.g, the dress is affordable) while avoid means 'to steer clear off' a person, place, or situation.(e.g, why did you avoid me this morning? or she is avoidable). i hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Stupid Grammar Mistakes That Even Smart People Make. / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.