Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,514 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Do Miracles Happen Today? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Miracles Happen Today? (4065 Views)

Poll: Do miracles happen today?

No, they don't.: 12% (5 votes)
A few genuine miracles, maybe.: 14% (6 votes)
Yes, miracles happen every day!: 73% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Do Miracles Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by barikade: 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2007
Now that's more like it. Keep the peace, and may God's reconciling grace be with you, shahan, everyone reading this - and me!

Blessings. wink
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by dennylove(m): 8:00am On Jan 22, 2007
WHY NOT, IF NOT.JESUS CHRIST SEF TALK AM SAY, IF I GO,
GREATER MIRACLES YOU GO DO. cheesy grin shocked
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by satan: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2007
I will like to introduce myself to you all. I am Satan, the ruler of this earthly things. I love fighting, fighting and fighting.

Am walking through the globe and I saw this thread.

Is really funny. But atleast it worth laughing. Miracles are fakes, they happen in a movie like. Great pastors are my boys, they serve me. How are they going to lead more people to me if they don't creat a miracle session? The next miracle would be when the whole demon will fully resume their invidivual duties post.

But before then, stop rebuking me because is not working.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by 4getme1(m): 10:42am On Jan 22, 2007
Lol. . . just your whimper after you've been whipped on Calvary's cross? Your sobbing isn't working.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2007
@ Satan,
There is power in the blood of the lamb. And you know losser you are and will always be.

@ Topic,
Are we all saying that miracles don't really exist? and if it does, do we have a living witness? I mean you were shown on the TV set and you are here too, proof to us please.

The signs of the last days are strange things, we want to alert ourselves with the guidelines from the holy scripture and in order for us not to fall into any pit.

Lets forget self acclaimed respect for any pastor!, They might be evil somethings and one can not help but believe PERSONALLY in God. You and God alone, and not you your pastor and God.

OK- Let me put it this way, what miracle have you read about or saw in your church that made you feel that miracles still exist? what nature? I really love to hear it from any church pls.

@ Bobbyaf,
Several Miracles like?
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by 4getme1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2007
@segoye2,

Have you really experienced the power of God in such a way that you know it is beyond the ordinary? If one wakes up everyday and moves about, then everyone experiences that - even the atheist. But then, the Bible shows us that Jesus Christ spoke of miracles in a specific and special sense than one would ordinarily assume.

Miracle 1.
I have experienced miracles several times personally. Once when I was terminally ill with something doctors could not properly diagnose but believed to have been anywhere from typhoid to a dangerous infection, I was sent home as we had not enough money to sustain the medical bills for the length of time I was to spend in the hospital. Some of my friends even believed I had AIDS. I grew worse at home; but after praying all by myself, I was stunned to find my illness was gone before daybreak the next day! I still have my medical reports to prove that I was actually ill.

Miracle 2.
Soon after this incident, I prayed for a nephew who had been diagnosed with hemophilia (a blood disease). His condition had worsened as he grew older and doctors had given him no longer than age 9 to live. After my healing, I went over and prayed for him, believing he would be healed but thought it would be a gradual process. I can't tell you the amazement of the electrifying moment when he got up instantly healed! His medical records are still with his parents, and he's now in the USA - a fine healthy youth of 12 years old!

Miracle 3.
My present job was another miracle, I believe. I had jokingly applied for a visa to the USA without any serious preparation: not enough funds to buttress my application, least qualified for it; and to make matters worse, I stated the duration of my "visit" as 5 years (out of ignorance back then)! Well, I shared the gist with my sister - the mum of my nephew just described above. She wasn't amused with my nonchalance as I told her about my application. Rather, she said forthrightly that I should ask God for favour, for since the day that my nephew was healed, she believed absolutely nothing was impossible with Him.

I took her advice seriously, and 3 weeks later received a letter that summoned me to the American Embassy. To my surprise, the interview wasn't more than 5 mins; and another 10 minutes, walked out of the Embassy with a 2-year visa! My heart pounded so hard that I wept all the way home! Hoping that I would somehow be able to raise money for the airfare in about 6 to 8 months, I was surprised news got out and reached my pastor - who bought me the ticket and linked me up with the very IT company I had jokingly indicated in my application form!

Since then, I have travelled widely and visited 13 European countries, while making my home in the USA.

Miracle 4.
I was not formerly a tither because I previously believed that it was not for NT believers. After our pastor in the USA taught on it before he was called home in November 2005, I started tithing, and have seen my finances grow termendously. But here's the miracle: I returned to my home in the USA shortly before Christmas and with my wife pledged 3 things: (a) sow a specific seed to a ministry that sought to reach out to Muslims and poor Asians; (b) spend my annual leave during the Christmas week witnessing to my neighbourhood in Nigeria; and (c) sponsor a child for one full year for school and feeding.

When I returned to America after this mission, my wife asked me if I had specifically asked God for some blessing for these pledges. My reply was "No". She reminded me of an atheist neighbour for whom I had been praying and even asked God for his conversion during the pledges we made. I came home to find he had been converted and was fervently serving the Lord! Then two other things:

(1) I and my wife had been considering buying a house and moving to another State in the USA, where the IT company was headquartered. We changed our minds about it because we wanted to be closer to our church. Well, we had an offer for a bigger house just a mile awy from ours, and only had to pay 27% of the original cost for moving to another State!

(2) Just last week, I was stunned to receive a promotion in my office as Regional Manager for trans-Asian regional operations! Since I did not have matching IT qualification, my office offered to sponsor me through a Masters Degree in a relevant programme! Did I pray about it? No; but my wife had been fasting and praying for that very thing, and God brought it to pass!

Segoye2, miracles are real; and people can doubt it for any reason. But I had to share this to encourage readers that God can do great things for them - if they only believe!

Blessings. smiley
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by prinzgeini(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2007
miracles doe's happen 2 those who believe in miracles
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Analytical(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2007
Who says miracles don't happen today?  As long as there is still a God in heaven who rules in the affairs of men, then there will continue to be miracles!

What is a miracle?  A miracle happens when the Super-natural steps in to the natural realm, when God decides to do what ordinarily would have been impossible otherwise.  Is there still a God in heaven?  Are their still humans on earth?  And are there situations that need divine intervention?  Then miracles can and still occur!

December 2004, yours truly was down with a stomach problem that was on for more than a week.  All the symptoms point to appendisitis- pains towards the appendix, inflamation, tenderness etc.  I was at the hospital, checked by 2 different doctors and was confirmed.  Arrangement was made and appointment fixed to meet the surgeon for the surgery by 3pm on the D-day.

I was faced with a challenge.  I was changing accomodation at the time, so the money was not there, coupled with the inconvenience of being incapacitated for a while, at a time my wife was heavy.  My wife and I decided to call on the God of heaven to step in.  How he was going to do it, we didin't know.

We left for the surgery, but around 2.30pm by an intersection, we stopped for the traffic warden to pass us (I was managing to drive!).  We've been there for close to a minute when a car ran into my car from behind, on a top speed.  The two cars were dented and found ourselves at the police station, instead of the hospital!  When all these was over, appointment over-taken and surgery postponed, I took time to reflect.  After some days, I discovered there was no pain again, no inflamation.

What had happened?  Well, you can say anything you want to, but God had just healed me miraculously!  And what a way to get me to stop going to the hospital for the surgery!!  Till today I'm still healed and had no need for appendisitis again!  God still moves in mysterious ways to perform His wonders!  I can't but smile anytime I think about the humour of it all!

Bless y'all.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2007
@ 4get_me,

Thanks for all your comments.

For record purpose, can you share the medical documents with us?

@ Analytical,
IS a touching story you got there, can we see some documents please?

@ all,
I believe in Miracles, just as I have stated earlier in my introductory speech.

The last time I checked on miracle on TV was when NAFDAC / EFCC are proposing to start scanning or certifying every telecast miracles. I don't know if that has been passed yet or dumped to the dust-bin.

But we are trying to point at the movie type miracles, covered by the church alone, edicted by them and soon on. Just like 4get_me, witnessed a miracle in his life, and few days later he was able to heal more persons (though we had reference to only one yet).

Even your proofs can make a positive impact in the readers bible knowledge.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by 4getme1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2007
segoye2:

@ 4get_me,

Thanks for all your comments.

For record purpose, can you share the medical documents with us?

I am very prepared to share more than that; however, not in a public forum. This is not side-stepping the issue, but the documents have my name and former Nigerian address conspicuously printed on it; and for security purposes will not want to expose my family to danger from Muslims who are not happy with what I have posted about Islam on the Forum.

segoye2:

Just like 4get_me, witnessed a miracle in his life, and few days later he was able to heal more persons (though we had reference to only one yet).

Nope, just my nephew. However, I have joined in praying for a few other people and seen them healed; others did not get healed; but I have seen healings taking place in answer to prayers of others.

segoye2:

Even your proofs can make a positive impact in the readers bible knowledge.

I sure hope they do. In all, the glory be to God.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Bobbyaf(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2007
@ Segoye2

@ Bobbyaf,
Several Miracles like?

I wouldn't know exactly mi amigo. I was hoping you would share with the fora, anything you personally experienced.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Analytical(m): 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2007
@segoye2

@ Analytical,
IS a touching story you got there, can we see some documents please?

I did not bother to make photocopies of any documents.  However, those will still be in my family folder at the hospital.  Mind you, I was very angry at the time, for even missing the appointment.  The accident case was entered at the police station too.  Maybe I should have snapped a picture of my car as it was then.  But all those were not on my mind, as I was very sick and too disappointed and did not even know I was being healed and stopped on purpose!  I'm still smiling at myself!  God must have thoroughly enjoyed Himself that day!! smiley smiley

I know people want to see evidence, but take what I'm telling you.  It happened to me!  And nobody is paying me to say it.

Or do I talk of when my wife was about to deliver in 2002?  When after being in labour for more than 12 hours, it was concluded that she was going to have an operation to have the baby, because the cervix could not fully dilate.  After calling on some friends to join me in faith as we pray, I went in to anoint her with oil and called the baby forth.  The theartre was already prepared and the gynaecologist already sent for.  He checked her and concluded if she doesn't deliver by 9am he was going ahead with the operation because the baby was getting weak.  He left and was to come back for the CS, but before he came back, my baby was already out by 7.30am, even without the cervix fully dilating!  Guess what her name was?  Iyanuloluwa- The Lord is full of wonders!

Blessings.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by mrpataki(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2007
@ Analytical,
It is the Lords doing and it is marvellous in our eyes!

God is worthy to be praised! He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise!
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by mrpataki(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2007
@ Analytical,
Reading your test-ti-monieeeeee, ([size=4pt]Read it in Yoruba[/size])
I am more encouraged to hold on to God for my own soon.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Bobbyaf(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2007
@ Analytical

Your testimony which was a beautiful one, reminds me of the saying, "at man's extremity is God's opportunity"
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Analytical(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2007
Thanks y'all. If He can do it for me, He can do it for you too. Remember, the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Be blessed.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Gwaine(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2007
@Analytical and 4get_me, great testimonies! God continue to bless you both.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2007
The testimonies you shared are so great,  I don't really deny the fact that God helps us out in our day to day activities.

But, I think when we are talking about miracle, we should have not only a proof, but a very sound one. I could remember an aticle I read somewhere in a forum, stating clearly that when this TV miracles were investigated, they were all lairs,  I mean 89% of them.

The aticle clearly state where someone was asked after he testified about being HIV positive and recieved healing to produce his previous test result + the current result, he claimed he can't find it. When it was investigated in the Hospital where the previous and current test was done, the File was missing, not only missing but even the Hospital cannot remember doing such a test!

I believe all the testimonies here, Atleast if is glorifying God. Even when the one lies, that is left between him and GOD!.

Do miracles really happen today? if yes, how do you explain it to unbelievers? How fellow believers?
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Gwaine(m): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2007
segoye2:

Do miracles really happen today? if yes, how do you explain it to unbelievers? How fellow believers?

@segoye2,

That last line suggests to me that you still are very much in doubt about the miraculous. I may be wrong, and I hope I am dead wrong!! But then, if all you want is some kind of "proof" for the authentic cases, what are we to do with the 11% of such cases (besides the 89% "false"wink that happen to be yet proven?

Okay, I know you stated earlier that you believe in miracles. But then, I wonder if even the miracles that Jesus Himself performed in the first century would have needed "medical" proofs in the hospitals back then? What I do know is that not every case of people being healed have to first go and register in a local hospital for documentation purposes. It might be of great help, but the demand for such in order to believe is actually tantamount to doubt.

I don't mean to fray your nerves; but then I would appeal that when people make claims, we can believe them until further investigation reveals them as frauds. I know several such cases in large denominations, and we have to recognise these sad cases for what they are.

Yet, I believe that when people share their testimonies, we could only wait and see until otherwise proven. I believe in miracles - and I trust you do as well.

Regards. smiley
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by KAG: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2007
Do Miracles Happen Today?

They never did; except if you are so bent on looking for patterns that you ignore or excuse the many instances that nothing "extraordinary" happened, but selectively remember only the incidents easily explained by chance, placebo effect, and other naturalistic things.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by jerrymania(m): 1:31am On Jan 23, 2007
@ segoye

If you are reading this now and you are alive shows miracles still happen even now. Miracle of life!
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ jerrymania
@ segoye

If you are reading this now and you are alive shows miracles still happen even now. Miracle of life!
huummmm, 

Miracle of life, I believe. Well, does that mean that the TV Miracles we watch every now and then are miracle of life as you claim? I mean someone on TV set saying am alive today,  because so so so prayed for me. ?

I want us to know see possibilities that HIV, AIDS, Hypoglacemia, and the rest instand miracles can be framed.

What do you think, Miracles without proofs are well, 

Someone raised a point on this thread that Did Jesus christ produce or show any evidence of all his miracles? I believe this point is not right, I equally believe that is was because of the evidence people of then behelf that made them believed totally in his ministry.

Maybe I should crave out some few examples;
You remember the man blind from birth? you remember almost everyone testified to his healing? You remember Lazarus's resurrection after the 4th day? you remember the testimonies that followed? You remember what happened at the beautiful gate? Do you think that was faked too?

I bet you can't compare the miracles in the scripture with the "Make look Real" we are currently seeing.

I know you will say if TV set happen to be in use during the era of Jesus early ministry, then Jesus Christ would have been on CNN or the best TV station huummm?

The Miracles TV show, Newspaper and bills journals are not meant to speak for themselves, Let the witnesses, speak it out. Even if it means off-set.

The last time stop watching Wresting was when I discovered it was all entertainment and not real. Same to Miracles, 89% are faked not real.

@ Gwaine
I don't mean to fray your nerves; but then I would appeal that when people make claims, we can believe them until further investigation reveals them as frauds. I know several such cases in large denominations, and we have to recognise these sad cases for what they are.

Meanwhile, am I to believe all spirit you say? not even to even test them? How do you intend investigating an already telecast miracle?
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by teena(f): 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2007
So Sad, fanatics that didnt understand this topic tends to use this forum as a WAR FRONT.

Anyway, I want to share my own miracle, a great one indeed!

Generally, as the month of January is financially coupled with the fuel crises, I've bn going thro' financial roasting' for some days now.

This afternoon, what I had left with me; as in final, final was N200, so I decided to go to a nearby market and get something I could eat in the evening. I searched my drawer for paperbag, I got big ones, but because I could only buy very little thing, I continued searching for a small one, luckily for me, I got the size I needed at the end of the drawer.
As I was folding the paperbag, lo and behold! I saw N500 on the ground that fell out from it, I cdnt shout, nor talk, Infact I was lost, after 5min I prostrated on the floor and praised God as I got up I noticed another N100 besided where I picked the 5H.

My dear friends, you may not imagine what is going on inside me now until such a miracle happens to you.

GREAT IS GREAT, HE IS STILL THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW AND FOREVER!!!
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2007
@ Teena,

Wow, Praise be to Jehovah. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful expirience.

Well, the money in your drawal was kept there by you or someone else?

If is not kept there by you then, it means you have got someone else's money and you gat to return it.

HIV / AIDS healing miracles, and its like, do they still exist TODAY?
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by zillonnair(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2007
Well without mincing words, miracles are real, if you dont believe, wait until you need one, then you would believe. Needless to say, if you have not experience the joy of miracle, you havn't experience joy as at yet. I would to God dat he would grant you the priviledge to see the deaf hear, the blind see and the lame walk right before your eyes. Its an honor from God and he only can let you see things like dat because they are for Kings.

I am serious, pray to God to help you see and give you a ear dat hears. Its important. You limit God by your unbelief and create a sense knowledge of your belief based on sense knowledge of the Word of God also. Watch it!, for the letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by OpeLovely(f): 2:09am On Jan 26, 2007
People believe anything and because of their gullibility, they fall prey to some so-called men of God who want to make money from their ignorance. Christianity has been commercialised so darn much.

I believe miracles happen but its not until i go to a station and shout 1 million alleluyahs b4 people will believe. The same Pastor Chris pays people to act for him and he lives large than any of his members. Pastor Joshua travels round the world like lightning and only faces his white followers, Pastor Ayorinde had a scandal that he killed a man and buried him in his church to get more followers (that is why he went off-air for some time) embarassed and the list goes on and on.

Christians only want to hear Miracle, Miracle, Solutions, Destiny Recovery, Prosperity Nights, e.t.c than hearing about the true word of God and Salvation. Christ never commercialised his miracles as he often told them to keep it a secret and only report to the High Priest.

See a phony like Reverend King and you'd be suprised at how many followers he has. Nigerians need to wake up and smell the beans. Miracles happen but search within your soul and pray to your God and not a fellow pastor.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye22(m): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2007
@ Openlovely,

Thats a well composed one. I must confess the words are well arranged.

More comments please? your views please
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Ndipe(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2007
Opelovely, applause for your insightful comments. True, there are some Christians, already 'burdened' by the challenges of the world who are seeking a quick-get solution to remedy their problems. At times, while we are looking at various places for miracles, we may tend to lose focus on the single most important gifts in the world, the Salvation of God. Unfortunately, scam artists exists in our midst, deceiving people with wonders to fatten their wallets and drive up membership. Financial woes, relationship problems, sickness, etc are all detriments to lure us away from the Salvation of God. Let us never forget that Salvation that God has freely given us should never be compromised with any other thing.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by OpeLovely(f): 3:30am On Jan 30, 2007
@ segoye22, thanks. smiley
@ Ndipe, thanks as well. smiley

It saddens me to see the gullibility of christians in Nigeria especially. It will interest you to note Matthew 6:25-34 and Chapter 7, verse 15-23.

Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and the Bible says we should beware of prophets in sheep's clothing but are indeed wolves. By their fruits ye shall know them. On that day of judgement, they will tell God that they did wonders in his name and casted out demons in his name and God will say he knows them not and they should depart from his sight.

7:13-14 says many xtians don't want to enter the narrow gate which is difficult and leads to life but they want the broad gate that seems easy and many pass through it but it leads to destruction.

What am i saying here Even some of these xtians are preys because they want to live the easy life when they are supposed to worship God in spirit and in truth, seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things shall be added unto them. It is the will of God to cater for his people just as he caters for the birds, flowers and animals let alone human beings. God says we should carry his cross and follow him. People don't want that because that cross means leaving behind worldy and vain things and concentrating on his word.

Pastor Chris will tell you that since Jesus has died on the cross, then you won't have illness. That's a lie. All it means is that we will have everlasting life, IF ONLY we believe. Case closed. Does he mean to say his followers who are like fanatics don't fall ill or he himself doesn't fall ill. He preaches wordly prosperity but there was not one prophet in the bible that was rich. Solomon who was the richest man was not a prophet and God just blessed him. That didn't mean he loved John the baptist any less or he hated Peter or Paul or they were not as holy.

He said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter his kingdom. Verse 19 to 21 is explicit as he says we should lay up our treasures in heaven and not on earth.

I do believe in miracles but its not until i see a pastor before i am cured. God says we should pray in secret and he will bless us openly. Why can't some people pray by themselves and receive healing instead of going to meet a pastor?. Jesus even acknowledges this as he said, O ye men of little faith. But i tell you, if your faith is as small as a mustard seed, ye shall move mountains.

Please, lets not be church goers but be true christians. Miracles are in the heart. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by Amobi1(m): 5:02am On Jan 30, 2007
oooh my God!! check this out!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5ja_bt8og
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by segoye2(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2007
@ Amobi 1,

How did you get that Movie Link, ?

@ All,

I am shocked and speechless.

This is real interesting. How I wish everyone would show such a vivid proof. And still, we need to be careful, because satan has lots of tricks he uses to lure us into false worship!.
Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? by zillonnair(m): 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2007
Did i hear someone said christians or prophets are not supposed to be rich.  I feel sorry for your ignorance.  Please revisit the scriptures, with people like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Samuel, Esther, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha down to new testament men like John, Peter, Paul you would see clearly dat dey lacked nothing.  Dont be fooled.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Religious Bodies Be Regulated / Don't Ever Dare God, Read What Happened To People Who Mocked God! / The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.