Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,295 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer (1776 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by achorladey: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2021
Emusan:

The fact that, you can openly say the @red part shows you're of your father the Devil because he's a liar from beginning and the father of it.

If Jehovah witness never claimed to be an inspired prophet, what is the meaning of these statements in your publications?

“Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" Kingdom Ministry Sep 2007 p.3 US Edition

"We will also increase our joy if we prayerfully and diligently study God's spirit - inspired Word and Christian publications prepared under the spirit's guidance." Watchtower 1992 Mar 15 pp.21-22

"When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of the faithful and discreet slave at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all." Watchtower 2010 Jul 15 pp.22-23

Let me stop here.

So who is a prophet?

a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

Says the https://www.dictionary.com/browse/prophet

So, is watchtower claimed to be INSPIRED PROPHET or not?

Check all these citations from your publication.

"Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light." Watchtower 2010 Apr 15 p.10 Holy Spirits Role in the Outworking of Jehovahs Purpose

"Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force. (Zech. 4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning. Yet God's people can comprehend such spiritual things. Why? Not because of special intelligence on their part, but as the apostle Paul declared: "For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402

And where does this written in the scripture?

Then, How does watchtower chose a replacement for the dead governor's body members? If miraculous gifts have disappeared.

Prophecy isn't ONLY about bringing A NEW MESSAGE

Sure, there is no one prophesying among you because there is no spirit of God in your hall.

That means watchtower is using human knowledge and understanding, but what about the numerous claim that it was the Holy Spirit who is guiding the Governor's body?

Will you also care to show us the numerous inspiration claim of many failed prophecies

Prophet
One through whom divine purposes are made known. Prophets acted as spokesmen for God, conveying not only predictions but also Jehovah’s teachings, commands, and judgments.​—Am 3:7; 2Pe 1:21.........according to WTBTS

Jehovah's witnesses never claimed to be an inspired prophet.........Haddey

What does WTBTS have to say. The image below tells the story

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Emusan(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:
This emotional outburst ain't neccesary.

Only JWs see emotional burst but never see themselves being emotional.

None are prophecies. " MAY" is not prophetic.

See another lie from the son of the father of lies.

I challenge you to provide where watchtower used MAY in their prophesies.

Besides, how can anyone under the guidance of the Holy Spirit be using MAY?

How many MAY did John use in revelation?

" It is right to hate the wrong committed by the disfellowshiped one, but it is not right to hate the person nor is it right to treat such ones in an inhumane way. " W74, 8/1 p.467

If anyone hate the person or treat in an inhumane way, it's that person you should held liable

See hypocrite!

Why then most disfellowsip people got disowned by their people?

Bow the blame is on the people not the organization that sets the rule.

Humility to change when a person err, is a sign of God's guidance bro

NASB 1977
" But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; " 1The 5:21

It's good as you agree that they ERRED, now it means those doctrines aren't directly taught by Christ or Holy Spirit.

So what is the fate of those who died in those wrong teaching?

True worshippers will worship the Father. (John 4:23) Not Trinity.

Only them worship the Father as he should.

"And you should honour the Son JUST AS you honour the Father"

Do you honour the Father through worship?

Satan own the government seat.

Luke 4:5,6

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. (NIV)

Jesus rejected it. We do too

I didn't see government seat in that verse, that means it's just your delusional idea.

If Satan owns the government seat and scripture admonishes us to submit to the governing authority, are you saying scripture is telling us to submit to Satan?

Romans 13:1-7
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

Scripture is clear, it is God who ESTABLISHED ALL AUTHORITIES, how are you to claim Satan owns government
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Janosky: 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
JackBizzle:
This is one of the more "cultish" churches among other churches.

Every time I meet a member of the church, I am always disappointed. Always.

The one that even irritates me is that they are here on nairaland thinking that they can argue for their church. These people are so brainwashed that they even think that they have the moral ground to criticise other churches.

PLEASE, ANY TIME A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS TALKING ABOUT HIS//HER CHURCH'S DOCTRINES, SHUT THEM DOWN WITH THESE QUESTIONS.

1) Would you let me die if I needed blood transfusion and you had the only bag of blood in the area with you?

2) How do you explain the NUMEROUS failed prophecies that have been made by your church leaders? A few failures is not too bad but a catalogue of failed prophecies? Jesus, you guys are frauds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#Failed_predictions

3) Why do you ostracize non-members and apostates? Is that not cultish behaviour? Do you know who hates apostates as well? ISIS, radical muslims, North Korean communists and other cults!

4) Why have your doctrines consistently changed? Not once, not twice but many many times! Your definition of "endtimes" have changed over the years, your teaching about Jews/heaven have changed etc

5) Why is your church the "only" church? Do you realize that the bible you are using came as a result of the work of another church- the catholic church?

6) Where in the bible does it say that one should not be involved in government? Didn't Jesus agree on taxes? Were there not Kings that were men of God in the bible?

Do patients not take multiple pints of blood & still die ?

What if I had only one blood bag discovered to tainted with ebola and HIV ?
Does God not know that obedience would cost Jesus Christ his life?
Did Abraham not know that his obedience could cost the life of Isaac?
Fairweather Churchianity everywheregrin cheesy cheesy

*2. Luke 24:21 ,1 Corinthians15:12 and 1 Samuel 16:6, your claim is the same as highlighted in those scriptures.
In your estimation, prophet Samuel and the disciples are frauds grin grin grin.

1 Corinthians 5:1,2,9-13 & 2 John 1:9-10. Please tell this forum what is cultish about 2 John1:9-10 & 1 Corinthians 5:1,2,9-13.
Did Jesus dine with Judas Iscariot after he stepped out of line?
grin cheesy.

The Israelites performed animal sacrifices, Bros, why are you not doing the same?
1 Corinthians13:9-12, why did you not stop learning at primary school
Why do your age keep changing every year? grin grin
1 Samuel 16:6-7, would the Prophet stick to his prophecy ?
How many times did Jesus Christ keep teaching the disciples about the same topic?
Matthew 24:1-3, Luke 19:11, Luke 24:21,25-27,44-45. Acts 1:6-7. John 16:16-18

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Janosky: 12:06am On Feb 13, 2021
JackBizzle:

5) Why is your church the "only" church? Do you realize that the bible you are using came as a result of the work of another church- the catholic church?

6) Where in the bible does it say that one should not be involved in government? Didn't Jesus agree on taxes? Were there not Kings that were men of God in the bible?
Guy, you are doing a good deed if you can save anyone from the JW cult
Bros, you done fit save yourself ?
Remove the rafters in your eyes grin cheesy.

2 Chronicle 7:14 , The people called by Jehovah's name.
Acts 15:14 , the people bearing Jehovah's name.
Isaiah 43:10-12, Jehovah's Witnesses, His chosen servants.
Acts 3:13, Matthew 12:15-18, Jesus Christ is a Jehovah's Witness.

The Church killed and persecuted those who spearheaded the task to put the Bible into the hands of commoners.

Did Jesus christ set the standard ?
,Bros, which political party/government did he or first century Christians identify with?
John 17:16, 18:36, Matt 6:9The Kingdom of God is not the kingdom of this world, 2 Cor 4:4. Matt 4:8. 1 John 2:15

1 Chronicle 29:23 the Israelites Kings sat on Jehovah's throne, the throne of king David.
Luke 1:31-33, Daniel 7:13-14, Jesus will inherit that throne at the appropriate time. 2 Peter 3:13.

Like Jesus, JWs are tax payers and law abiding citizens everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Orders Muslims In Xinjiang To Hand Over Qurans, Mats / Shag The Sheikh: Post Your Favourite 'against-islam Atheist' Memes / Is The God Of The New Testament Different Frm The God Of The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.