Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti (5950 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Five Life Hacks With Toothpaste You Should Know-(updating Slowly) / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2017
Toothpaste is something we thought is only used for brushing the teeth right? What if I told you there was an all-purpose miracle product that is super cheap and found in every bathroom across the country? You guessed it. The same properties that make toothpaste great at cleaning, brightening, polishing, freshening and protecting our teeth work on all kinds of things. So before you run out and buy that extra-special (and extra-expensive) product, see if it’s something that can be replaced by toothpaste first. That's wrong here are some amazing things you didn't know you could do with toothpaste.

11. Cleaning your carpet
Just add a little toothpaste to the dirty area and scrub it with a brush.

10. Cleaning the headlights of your car
Most soap doesn't clean the headlights of a car properly but toothpaste will wipe it clean and make it shiny again just add a toothpaste to a bowl of water and wash with it with a rag

9. Toothpaste can serve as your shoe polish.
It can help remove scuffs from your leather shoes. Apply some of it on the area that has been scuffed and rub it with a soft piece of cloth, then wipe off with a clean damp cloth. Your shoes will turn good as new. It can also clean the rubber area of your fleets or sneakers.

8. Effective for Burns and Insect Bites
People working in kitchen usually get their fingers or hands burnt. If such thing should happen, put some Toothpaste on the affected area. The key component, Eucalyptus found in toothpastes will soothe the burns. (Personal experience)
Insect bites are causing you itchiness? Apply some toothpaste over it. Also toothpaste works well for flea, ants and mosquito bite

7.Removes scratch from disks
Ever want watched your favorite movie but noticed its freezing just take out the disc, put some toothpaste on it, scrub and clean it off.

6.Hand Sanitizers
Toothpaste can also be used as hand Sanitizers like stench of onions, fish, garlic and other odoriferous foods from your skin by scrubbing briefly with toothpaste. Apply lotion after to moisten hands.

5. Used to treat pimples
Seriously toothpaste can be used to treat pimples on your face. Apply toothpaste on the pimple at night and wash it in the morning. By morning, it will be gone. Toothpaste effectively absorbs the oil from the pimples, making them dry and flattens them. Keep in mind that this remedy shouldn’t be used more than once a week as it can make your skin over dry. Also do a patch test before applying as some people might get skin irritation by using it. It also works for eczema too

4. Mobile phones screen
Unprotected mobile phone screens become hopelessly scratched and dirty over time, toothpaste can be used to wipe clean the screen of your phone and also scratches... Yes scratches!!! Scratches on your phones will be gone but this is only applicable to phones with plastic screen. Lightly rub the screen with a touch of toothpaste and your finger. Rinse with a damp cloth and dry, but be sure to not get your phone too wet.

3. Can serve as shoe polish
Toothpaste can serve as your shoe polish. It can help remove dirts from your leather shoes. Apply some of it on the area that has been scuffed and rub it with a soft piece of cloth, then wipe off with a clean damp cloth. Your shoes will turn good as new. It can also clean the rubber area of your fleets or sneakers.

2. Using toothpaste as jewelry and cutlery cleaner
Now you don’t need to take your gold and diamond jewelry to the jewelry store to get them polished when you have toothpaste at your home. Just, the teeth, take some toothpaste and brush your piece of jewelry with an old tooth brush, rinse with water. It will make them sparkling clean. You can clean up your silver cutlery in the similar way.

1. Teeth. Okay, so i lied in the headline about not mentioning your teeth . But there's a reason they call it "tooth" paste.

cc: mynd44, Sean, Lalasticlala

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 11, 2017
Iron too

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2017
It can also double as coloring for rice when you're broke
or as a replacement for butter when eating bread...

Don't ask me how I know this grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
SirWere:
It can also double as coloring for rice when you're broke

or as a replacement for butter when eating bread...

Don't ask me how I know this grin grin

grin gringrin

the butter/bread part got me;I once caught my friend using it and decided to try it out.

guilty as charged.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
skillful01:

grin gringrin

the butter/bread part got me;I once caught my friend using it and decided to try it out.

guilty as charged.
grin

Baba when hunger comes knocking on the door, dignity and reservations fly out the window
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by cee001(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Really wow

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Asegzy: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Toothpaste can be used for pregnancy test

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Yian1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
to remove stains on pressing iron, just paste it on your hot iron and see the reaction.. thank me later.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
Toothpaste should not be swallowed shocked Its got ingredients like that can cause cancer
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by KennyID17(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
Muafrika2:
Toothpaste should not be swallowed shocked Its got ingredients like that can cause cancer
I dunno about that ooo, but as a kid if u know how many grams of toothpaste i don swallow Ehn, esp close-up, I knw a lot of ppl have done this too at that phase in life grin

8 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
KennyID17:

I dunno about that ooo, but as a kid if u know how many grams of toothpaste i don swallow Ehn, esp close-up, I knw a lot of ppl have done this too at that phase in life grin
Close-up is very tasty grin I think they should stop adding sugar

Most consumers purchase toothpaste and other personal hygiene products without even bothering to read the list of ingredients, blindly trusting manufacturers to have the customer’s best interests at heart. It can be a costly mistake. Toothpaste contains many potentially harmful ingredients, including some that can lead to serious long-term health problems.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/538086-sodium-laureth-sulfate-allergy/

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by writetopoker: 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
OP omitted one(12th)
12. can be used to clean your dirty electric iron, makes it perfectly clean.
Plug you electric iron, set at very high when its very hot unplug, then use a close-up rubbed on wet cloth to scrub the dirty iron.

thank me later 0 8 0 3 1 3 4 5 1 3 8

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
Maintaining the white sole of sneakers....
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by refiner(f): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
Woooaw...learnt something new grin

Will try it out.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Samsimple(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
U fit use tooth paste as hair cream

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Jeffrey12(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
can also be used as hair relaxer grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
Please Check My Signature
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by babz007(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
You can use toothpaste for rolling your dread(dada)

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
It can also be used as a lubricant during love making. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by SuccyJ(f): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nice on OP
Important info... Thanks for enlightening me. lol Will definitely try some out.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by piagbara: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
At dat age discovering tooth paste was like discovering chocolate, u just ate at will, but d day mumsi catch u and c d amount in ur mouth ur own don don grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by emeijeh(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
As toothpaste don be 300 naira, its use gat to increase too

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Adeoba10(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Toothpaste also serves as mayonnaise
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by TimmyPapa(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tooth past is best to clean ur Iron Plate...
Step by step
1 plug in ur iron to make it HOT ( very hot highest)
2 Get a very thick cloth (a towel)
3 put a quantity of paste on the hot plate of ur iron
4 un plug to avoid shock
5 den scrub d iron plate with a towel...
After all is cleaned u can den clean up with water to avoid bn sticky
6 com ba a tank me later
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nice One OP
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by YOUNGrapha(m): 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
CAN IT BE USED AS REPLACEMENT TO VASELINE MASTURBATION tongue tongue

I dey ask this question as the president of Vaseline crew of nairaland (VCN) cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Tazdroid(m): 12:33am On Mar 12, 2017
depends on the toothpaste....there are toothpastes and there are tootpastes
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by Kelklein(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2017
I have never tried any of the above but I use it to clean the underplate of my Pressing Iron when dirty

Just dab it around those stained part (when cold), allow the Iron to heat up then clean with a cloth. All the dirts will gone in seconds.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by seunlly(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2017
And then
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Toothpaste By Vasaratti by policy12: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Knowledge gained...

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Photos That Look Like Photoshopped But Aren’t / Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. / Four Signs To Identify An Intelligent Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.