Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order (42477 Views)

Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Functions Of F Keys "F1 - F12" In A Computer Keyboard And They Works When Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by midecrown(m): 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Make sense post...
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by airminem(f): 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Educative.. Great Op
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by danxzy: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
very nice[/color]

GoodyOG:
Why The Letters On Computer Keyboard Are NOT In Alphabetical Order?
You are reading thus article now because you want to know the reason why the letters on the keyboard are not in alphabetical order.Well, am gonna exlain it to you.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-EvqikiE9wCY/WMWnB7RNyKI/AAAAAAAABBs/8rvG2gCShwwVez32vo6RzYHnNQ4Dlw5ugCLcB/s1600/306327-logitech-k810-bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard.jpeg[/img]

The modern keyboard which we are using is called as QWERTY keyboard which is the first 6 letters of the keyboard. The word is used just because the starting characters of the keyboard is in QWERTY order. This is been used in mobile phones before it was used in Typewriters.

Who Created this keyboard and Why He didn’t arranged the letters in Alphabetical order?
The first keyboard was invented by Christopher Latham Sholes and it was the birth of the keyboard and he arranged the words in alphabetical order. Later on because of some issues it was changed.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-okPqdNPJrPo/WMWmrcfM47I/AAAAAAAABBk/ZuHRDiWej58FuQZXtD3Oc_oI3jrztjbgwCLcB/s1600/Ever-Wondered-Why-The-Letters-On-A-Computer-Keyboard-Are-NOT-In-Alphabetical-Order-3.jpg[/img]

Then the arrangement changed of the keyboard and they thought to add the key in the different order. Then afterwards the keyboard was looking like the given image below. It was looking weird isn’t it? This was the second time when the arrangement was changed.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-G4FQEVRr_S8/WMWm10HcoVI/AAAAAAAABBo/bYLlu_LkVKsuLoiSokiBnhTO-9jR82raQCLcB/s1600/Ever-Wondered-Why-The-Letters-On-A-Computer-Keyboard-Are-NOT-In-Alphabetical-Order-2.jpg[/img]

Afterwards it was also changed just because old typewriters were getting jammed and it was really difficult for the users to type correctly.

When the typewriters types too fast the key gets jammed and when it gets jammed they need to remove the old paper and unjammed the key and which was difficult for them because whatever they have written is of waste. Then they need to wash their hands. This was the issues which were taken place. Then they need to insert new sheet and start working again.

Then Christopher Latham Sholes and his partners sold the design of the keyboard to Remington & Sons , later on they created the first typewriters and then arranged the letters in the QWERTY form. Then this layout was the default layout.

The QWERTY keyboard helps you to type in such as way that the type writers also don’t gets jammed and it makes difficult for peoples to type fast in this keyboard.

The amazing fact is that you will find the word TYPEWRITER in the first line of keyboard which is really amazing.

SOURCE: [color=#006600]GoodiesTechs Blog

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
So they rearranged the keys to reduce typing speed, to prevent them from jamming.

Interesting…
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by tabisegroup(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Tenison96:
grin grin
Nairaland eh grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by CuteEmma(f): 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
Muafrika2:
I've met people who type faster that anyone can read undecided
so my current speed is 108wpm, buh no one gives a sh-t..
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by MAKABBEY(m): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
only few comments
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by press005: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
OP u tried bt u never elaborated on d actual reason for changing d arrangement...it jammed hw, wat led to d jamming....i wish to knw

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by fof1: 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
CrazyScientist:
Am I the only one who feels OP didnt share his Point in a constructive and understandable manner?

anyway, Long story short, they were rearranged to prevent the keys from jamming...

U SPOKE MY MIND, LACKING COHERENCE. BUT MESSAGE PASSED. CLUMSY AND DIFFICULT. THANX OP.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by onwuakpachris(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
CrazyScientist:
Am I the only one who feels OP didnt share his Point in a constructive and understandable manner?

anyway, Long story short, they were rearranged to prevent the keys from jamming...
haba!!!..must u criticise..I tire o
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by adeoba2008(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks so much for this. Its quite educative.
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by jamislaw(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Quite educating.
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Xzbit91: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Op informative article but you almost spoilt it with your and then, and then...too many "and thens"

But the rearrangement didn't stop people from typing fast sha

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Noblewhiz(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nice one bro!
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by francotunsco: 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
To say that scattering the alphabets in a typewriter will make it difficult to type fast is a weightless and weak assertion. It only takes a few repeated practice time on the keyboard, and you can type really fast whether it is arranged from XYZ to CDA or however.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Eazikeyz(m): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
Wait! Arrangement of letters...how does it affect jamming? Do they weigh less?
I'm probably the only one this story isn't looking real to right now... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by miketayo(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
I don't think qwerty keyboard makes u type faster or easier, it could have been anything and ppl ll still get used to it
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by megafone: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nice!
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by obstead200(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
iyamchee:
Abeg carry this one to Fp and educate people biko.....
what is educative about this bull shit?
The OP is just a desperate blogger. Typed a lot of words and made no sense. He did not even answer his own question.
There is a simple reason why alphabets in a keyboard are not serially arranged.
Research into words frequently typed in English language and the typing patterns of pple revealed that some keys which are used often will be better accessed if they are placed in a certain proximity and a certain angle to the typing fingers. That solely influence the arrangement of letters on the keyboard. Simple!!!

If u are a very skilled in typing the professional (recommended) way, u will know what am saying is correct.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by obstead200(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Eazikeyz:
Wait! Arrangement of letters...how does it affect jamming? Do they weigh less?
I'm probably the only one this story isn't looking real to right now... undecided undecided
I thank God for giving u common sense.
The story is pure NONSENSE.
See my post above.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Emekayoung(m): 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
CrazyScientist:

Jamming as in how pls? No insults o.
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by temmydee181(m): 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
I am nt understanding
I once read somewhere dat "QWERTY" waz d name of d person that arranged d keyz on typewriter
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by prela(f): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
CrazyScientist:

grin E se, eku ise opolo
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by Kay512: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
obstead200:
what is educative about this bull shit?
The OP is just a desperate blogger. Typed a lot of words and made no sense. He did not even answer his own question.
There is a simple reason why alphabets in a keyboard are not serially arranged.
Research into words frequently typed in English language and the typing patterns of pple revealed that some keys which are used often will be better accessed if they are placed in a certain proximity and a certain angle to the typing fingers. That solely influence the arrangement of letters on the keyboard. Simple!!!

If u are a very skilled in typing the professional (recommended) way, u will know what am saying is correct.

I'm just smiling seeing people praise the OP.

So QWERTY arranged buttons can't jam?

He didn't even articulate the BS orderly.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by CrazyScientist: 8:42am On Mar 14, 2017
Emekayoung:

Jamming as in how pls? No insults o.

Getting stuck when pressed.
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by CrazyScientist: 8:45am On Mar 14, 2017
prela:

grin E se, eku ise opolo

ko tope, you're welcome... grin

1 Like

Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by ibereola93(f): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2017
NICE ONE
Re: Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Individual way of seeing things is totally different to one another ... Hmmmm, the explanation did not dance along to the topic wella... Buh....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advantages Of Desktop Computers Versus Laptops? / Difference Between Celeron, Centrino And Pentium? / Thread For Cisco Networking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.