Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy (18224 Views)

President Buhari Sitting On A Chair During Prayer. Picture Causes Controversy / Buhari’s Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara Tenure As Permanent Sec. Breeds Crisis / Senate Receive Buhari Extension Letter,Says He Can't Be Indefinite In His Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by oloriooko(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2017
HAH:
you are right that is why perm sect are always civil servant with experience and that is why no president appointed a business man as perm sect because the experience is needed but the prerogative of appointment is with him hence the appointment of a retired perm sect to continue on contract basis
So what you saying is that no qualified personnel in that ministry to appoint as perm sec?
What if the woman drops dead today, will the ministry cease to function?
She's the only one with enough experience to run the place? So how will others who are being denied get this so called experience this woman was born with?
Let's call a spade a spade o jare
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by HAH: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2017
oloriooko:

So what you saying is that no qualified personnel in that ministry to appoint as perm sec?
What if the woman drops dead today, will the ministry cease to function?
She's the only one with enough experience to run the place? So how will others who are being denied get this so called experience this woman was born with?
Let's call a spade a spade o jare
of course no one is indispensable but what I want you to know is that the prerogative of appointment of perm sects is with the president
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by oloriooko(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2017
HAH:
of course no one is indispensable but what I want you to know is that the prerogative of appointment of perm sects is with the president
I know it lies with the president but with this second tenure elongation seem it's being abused at the detriment of the progress of others
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by eagleeye2: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2017
HAH:
please sir, can you tell me what grade level are perm sects, I believe non because they are political appointees among civil servant, for decorum they are always appointed among civil servants since they are under the employment of the government, but the president can pick someone retired already and appoint him as perm sect or head of service Base on contract

Check very well every civil servants careers end at level 17 which is a director, it is the prerogative of the president to decide if they will be perm sect
Abeg stop spreading ignorance. The permanent secretary of any ministry is a Career civil servant. Appointments on Contract basis is due when the person must have retired and left the service. And he or she is called back to serve in a ministry or government parastatal. And No, you cannot appoint someone already retired as the permanent secretary of a ministry. Other capacity yes. But no PS.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by eagleeye2: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
oloriooko:

I know it lies with the president but with this second tenure elongation seem it's being abused at the detriment of the progress of others
A very dangerous precedent. Because other directors waiting in line to be appointed Permanent secretary will clearly see it as something that can be lobbied for and gotten.
Politicizing the civil service is a No. No.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by HAH: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
eagleeye2:

Abeg stop spreading ignorance. The permanent secretary of any ministry is a Career civil servant. Appointments on Contract basis is due when the person must have retired and left the service. And he or she is called back to serve in a ministry or government parastatal. And No, you cannot appoint someone already retired as the permanent secretary of a ministry. Other capacity yes. But no PS.
Iam too old to stoop low to call you ignorant as you called me but I want to let you know that civil service career end at level 17 which is director, and appointment of perm sect is political and at the prerogative of the president
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by eagleeye2: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
HAH:
Iam too old to stoop low to call you ignorant as you called me but I want to let you know that civil service career end at level 17 which is director, and appointment of perm sect is political and at the prerogative of the president
The president may appoint the permanent secretary from the pool of directors of a ministry. But that doesn't mean that he can extend the PS career at whims or at the detriment of the Civil Service.
If the permanent secretary is due for retirement he or she should retire according to the Public service rules ( that is 35 years of service or 60 years of age whichever comes first). If the president wanted to keep her in service, she should then be reappointed on Contract basis. And on contract basis she wont be holding the office of the permanent secretary.
Please politicians should stay away from the civil service.
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by Splashme: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mathemagician1:
Nepotism is excessive in this Government. Why so reckless Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by suremanpatriot: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
May be she doesn't discriminate and stil enjoyed
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by CellTabRepairs: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
Confuscius I'd back!

Meanwhile for someone out there;
Are you looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are u retired, sacked or tired of salary work? You want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average N5k-10k - Up to 30k or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities]
■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for u].■Employ others!

Just Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!

Don't SPEND 1 yr waiting for a job!
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by stoic6ix: 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
No hating on ma mind... Its just God's grace! I pray for divine endorsement too.. Amen!
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by alaskido(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
When some people say the man should just remain in the UK an not return, some gullible and naïve people will attack them. You see now. 60year old woman is still kept in the service. Doing what? Is she the only qualified person?
Re: Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy by hero2000: 6:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
The unfortunate thing is that the President MAY not even be aware of the situation of this Perm Sec. But even if that is the case that would not absolve Buhari. A situation that may allow ministers to perpetuate nepotism in the name of the president is condemnable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths In Neked Imo Contribute Money To Rehabilitate Road Commissioned By Buhari / Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.