Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos (18201 Views)

Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal / Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots / Petrol Queues Resurface In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by dre11(m): 7:30am On Feb 06
There was heavy traffic gridlock in some parts of Lagos on Monday as motorists formed long queues outside the forecourts of filling stations on what appeared may herald a fresh scarcity of Premium Motor Spirit.

One of our correspondents observed along the Ikorodu Road axis how motorists endured an unusually heavy gridlock due to a long queue of motorists waiting to buy petrol at filling stations. Also, the Total Filling station at the Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way had queues which led to heavy tariff around the Ikeja axis.

Our correspondent also noticed that many of the filling stations along the Ikeja axis, through Obafemi Awolowo Road in Ikeja were shut.

Meanwhile, some motorists had begun to hike the prices of their fares due to the development.

A commercial transport operator plying the Unilag-Jibowu axis in Yaba one of told our correspondents that he was forced to hike his fees after waiting for hours to buy fuel.

The commercial transport operator, who refused to disclose his name said, “Do you know how long it took me to buy fuel today? Anybody who doesn’t want to enter should stay out.”

Our correspondent also observed that all the filling stations along Ogunnusi Road inbound Berger did not also sell petrol to customers.

It is not immediately clear why fuel queues have resurfaced in Lagos.

Meanwhile, our correspondents gathered that the queues were noticeable in major filling stations considered to be selling at lower rates.

It was gathered that a number of filling stations owned by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway did not dispense fuel too.

The National Vice Chairman of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Hammed Fashola, said he was aware of the queues in some filling stations in Lagos.

However, Fashola said the queues might be due to panic-buying on the part of customers.

“I am not in Lagos as we speak. But I heard about it too that there are queues in Lagos. It may just be panic buying. I am not sure there is fuel scarcity. People are just panicking. However, I will find out what the problem is,” Fashola said.

https://punchng.com/gridlock-as-fuel-queues-resurface-in-lagos/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:30am On Feb 06
Times are hard

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by aderadio1: 7:31am On Feb 06
This is obviously the one that will break the camels back.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:31am On Feb 06
That's right!

When SW are serious they know what to do!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:32am On Feb 06
aderadio1:
This is obviously the one that will break the camels back.

Nothing will break the camels back.

They'll soon come and call you IPOB esn, hater of Yorubas and Nigeria!

The SW are enjoying Tinubu's presidency because they're still teaching obi lessons!

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:35am On Feb 06
Simple.NNPC Is having difficulty maintaining fuel at the usual price. SO, either they increase prices, especially now that dollar has fallen, or they keep on pretending.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:36am On Feb 06
Leave the good people of SW out of your tribalistic mouth.

G00dharddick:
That's right!

When SW are serious they know what to do!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:37am On Feb 06
You can gas light any situation as you like, know this and know peace, Obi will never smell Aso Rock.

Your youths are deserting their land in Anambra. They are running away from Ihiala as the town is getting deserted day by day...

G00dharddick:

The SW are enjoying Tinubu's presidency because they're still teaching obi lessons!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:37am On Feb 06
G00dharddick:

You should forget about the tribe. It has nothing to do with what is happening.

For over 5 decades, you have lived with the illusion that fuel is cheap. The illusion is breaking, and we are seeing what other African countries are seeing...that fuel is expensive. Very much so.

Tinubu is trying so hard to maintain the illusion. But as you can see cracks are appearing

It is time we all accepted fuel was never cheap in the first place. Maintaining the illusion has cost us billions of naira and four refineres.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Cassandraloius: 7:38am On Feb 06
May God help us all.
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:38am On Feb 06
madridguy:
Leave the good people of SW out of your tribalistic mouth.

I saw your comment where you too, a well known Tinubu supporter was complaining bitterly of hunger in SW and Tinubu's failure as well. Is Tinubu no longer your god?

I thought we all agreed he built Lagos, California and Arizona? And that Lagos is now competing with south Korea, UK and the entire europe? Yet he couldn't build ordinary osun state where his people are dying of hunger on a daily basis

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Paraman: 7:39am On Feb 06
I only read about fuel scarcity and ques in Lagos on nairaland. This is the same way I was reading about petrol becoming #1200 per litre in December 2023 on nairaland.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:39am On Feb 06
madridguy:
You can gas light any situation as you like, know this and know peace, Obi will never smell Aso Rock.

Is TInubu that is there doing any better?

Yes, we can all chant that Obi would have been no better, but APC , the party your tinubu promoted into power, is responsible for the current situation we find our selves in.

We had a chance to remove fuel subsidy in 2012, break the illusion, and by now we would have been over the worst. Who mobilised Nigerians against that decision back then for politics.? Your leader tinubu.

Better accept that fact, master gaslighter.

Obi, for all his faults, did support subsidy removal in 2012. Back when we had the income to ride out the worst of the crisis.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Paraman: 7:40am On Feb 06
NNPCL is the sole importer of petrol, and almost every marketer buy from them.

3 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Bobloco: 7:41am On Feb 06
madridguy:

Your youths are deserting their land in Anambra. They are running away from Ihiala as the town is getting deserted day by day...

Your foolery is legendary

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:41am On Feb 06
Paraman:
I only read about fuel scarcity and ques in Lagos on nairaland. This is the same way I was reading about petrol becoming #1200 per litre in December 2023 on nairaland.

Fuel should be above N1000 if not more by now. Government is paying a subsidy, that is why it is not at that level.

But as you can see, the illusion is cracking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:41am On Feb 06
This is why we are better than other party in Nigeria. We the APC and BATist are complaining which is normal for Mr president to know we are not happy.

Guess what, Lagos will forever be obodo oyinbo to your people as they will continue to run here till eternity.

G00dharddick:

I saw your comment where you too, a well known Tinubu supporter was complaining bitterly of hunger in SW and Tinubu's failure as well. Is Tinubu no longer your god?

I thought we all agreed he built Lagos, California and Arizona? And that Lagos is now competing with south Korea, UK and the entire europe? Yet he couldn't build ordinary osun state where his people are dying of hunger on a daily basis

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Vinnie2000(m): 7:41am On Feb 06
I seriously wonder how Lagosians would have responded
If it was Rotimi Amaechi or Orji Uzor Kalu or Godwin Emefiele that won the APC Presidential ticket and was the President today. sad

During Goodluck Jonathan's time, they were like Angry Wolves,
now they are like Domestic cats. embarassed cry

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:41am On Feb 06
madridguy:

Obi won't smell Aso rock. I agree! But who's suffering? Is it obi?

Your kinsman is there yet your people are crying of hunger (ebi pawa oo) yet you're more focused on obi? Your people are apologizing for bringing in the diaster yet you are highly focused on obi?

47 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Paraman: 7:42am On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

Fuel should be above N1000 if not more by now. Government is paying a subsidy, that is why it is not at that level.

You don start again

Oya, provide evidence the FG is subsidizing petrol

1 Like

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:44am On Feb 06
madridguy:
This is why we are better than other party in Nigeria. We the APC and BATist are complaining which is normal for Mr president to know we are not happy.

Guess what, Lagos will forever be obodo oyinbo to your people as they will continue to run here till eternity.

Why would you complain after screaming this govt will favour you and your family?

Imagine after voting for obi, I'll start complaining over his administration, instead of calling him to resign?

Dude you should stop complaining over Tinubu's failures! You cannot vote for failure and still be complaining! Enjoy the failure you brought in

40 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:45am On Feb 06
Yes, we in Lagos are shouting hunger, Kano and Minna are protesting but guess what, we know the people the hunger is dealing with seriously... We know the people selling their children due to hunger but come online to shout billionaire grin

G00dharddick:

Obi won't smell Aso rock. I agree! But who's suffering? Is it obi?

Your kinsman is there yet your people are crying of hunger (ebi pawa oo) yet you're more focused on obi? Your people are apologizing for bringing in the diaster yet you are highly focused on obi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:47am On Feb 06
You can jump into a moving train.

Bobloco:

Your foolery is legendary
Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by madridguy(m): 7:48am On Feb 06
cheesy cheesy cheesy See your brother.

G00dharddick:

Why would you complain after screaming this govt will favour you and your family?

Imagine after voting for obi, I'll start complaining over his administration, instead of calling him to resign?

Dude you should stop complaining over Tinubu's failures! You cannot vote for failure and still be complaining! Enjoy the failure you brought in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:49am On Feb 06
Paraman:
You don start again

Landing cost at October 2023 was N720 per liter

Cost of fuel was between N580-700 per liter across the country same time. Still is.

Landing cost is still rising, then throw in depreciation of naira vs dollar.

At the end, fuel should be above N1000 by now. Or, optimistically spoken..N800-900.

7 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by aguluobi: 7:49am On Feb 06
While your wailing continues

G00dharddick:

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:50am On Feb 06
madridguy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy See your brother.

Did he voted for Tinubu? The answer is NO!

Oga I am telling you you and your people voted for Tinubu, your fellow tribesman and yet you're complaining of hunger. Who does that? The joke is on you

17 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 7:52am On Feb 06
Vinnie2000:

I seriously wonder how Lagosians would have responded
If it was Rotimi Amaechi or Orji Uzor Kalu or Godwin Emefiele that won the APC Presidential ticket and was the President today. sad

During Goodluck Jonathan's time, they were like Angry Wolves,
now they are like Domestic cats. embarassed cry

Yeah, and duing GEJ time, Igbos and SS kept quiet, while North and SW Made noise.

That is why you NIgerians, whether you are Northerner or SOutherner, Ibo or Yourba or HAUSA or fulani, will never see good government. You all protest when your side is not in power, and you sit down when your side is.

The same way Yourbas are sitting down under Tinubu is the same way your side sat down under GEJ.

That is why I just dey look at all of you. IN many ways, ipobites, tinubuites, buhariites, obidients, atikulators, tanoids, etc, etc...you guys are all the same. Nigeria meanwhile continues to have the same problems year in and out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Vinnie2000(m): 7:55am On Feb 06
Paraman:
You don start again

He is right. smiley

With the way Dollars has risen, Fuel should be @leasr N1500 per litre by now. embarassed sad

Tinubu who ignorantly and Arrogantly removed Fuel Subsidy is secretly paying now.

He is a VERY Confused man!! undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by G00dharddick: 7:57am On Feb 06
aguluobi:
While your wailing continues

Your kinsmen from the SW are shouting ebi pawa oooooooo

11 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by Bobloco: 7:59am On Feb 06
madridguy:
You can jump into a moving train.

Just go hug a transformer, because your foolery is legendary.

10 Likes

Re: Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos by christejames(m): 7:59am On Feb 06
Tinubu is out to finally wreck Nigeria

He should just handover to Shettima make we know na only insecurity we go dey battle, this him economy don dabaru!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere Released By DSS After A Month In Detention. Photos / PDP Kwara Governorship Flag-off- Video And Photos / Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Father Geoffrey Mark Chimezie In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.