Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven (3482 Views)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AloyEmeka9: 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
[size=14pt]Odukoya: Journalists for Christ (JFC), Christian publishers fault story[/size]
By Olaolu Olusina, 12.17.2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009

A body of christian journalists, Journalists for Christ (JFC), as well as publishers of Christian newspapers in the country, have condemned the story credited to Prophet Timothy Obadare that the late pastor of Fountain of Life Church, Bimbo Odukoya was found in hell.

A statement signed by JFC national coordinator, Mr. Lekan Otufodunrin, described the story as malicious, saying it was borne out of the imagination of some people who have some ulterior motives.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/dec/17/205.html

He said the group has since found out that the prophet who has been abroad for a long time had not at any time died.

“We condemn the publication in its entirety and we are calling on Christians to discountenance the report. It is unfounded and it is baseless. The purveyors of the news have no pedigree whatsoever. The news was created out of their imagination and it is a lie of the devil,” said Otufodunrin.

On its part, sconference of christian publishers described the story as baseless and false. An executive of the group, Mr. Julius Adeguna, who is also the publisher of PTL News, said he had interviewed the son of the prophet on the same issue many months ago and the man had told him that there was no time his father died and came back.

“The stories that are being published are false. I will have to republish the interview I had with the son of Obadare again. In the interview, he debunked all the claims that his father died and came back to life. There is no truth in the report. It is a product of some hungry journalists who are looking for what to eat,” he said.

In the same vein, publishers of Church Times, Mr. Gbenga Osinaike, and Gospel Tide, Mr. Sanmi Falobi, were also unanimous in their condemnation of the report. Osinaike said, “It is unfortunate that many christians have lost reason. Many are gullible. The reports that are being peddled around do not have any foundation whatsover. I do not see why anybody will believe such lie. I have read the story. I think it will be great if the publishers of the story could produce the cassette where Obadare recorded the message.”

I also find it strange that some pastors have began to use the story to preach on their pulpits. This is most unfortunate.”

JFC however called on the church leadership to do something drastic about the situation, noting that the silence of the leadership of the church in Nigeria on the issue is sending a wrong signal.

“The fact is that the story is about Odukoya today, it could be any other person tomorrow. Churches should not in anyway encourage any publication that they cannot trace the publishers and that peddles falsehood,” it said.

The statement further called on the authorities to check the excesses of some media houses. “We have come to a point where we have to check what is being published because people are carried away with what they read in the papers. We are not saying papers should not report anything they want to report but they should check the facts and authenticate whatever they are pushing to the public,” it said.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
I have no comments till prophet obadare speaks on same issue
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by alfredpoto: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
haleluuuuyah,but my question is in any body in heaven how,due to the stroy of the richman and lazarus
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by alfredpoto: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2009
haleluuuuyah,but my question is anyone really  in heaven,due to the stroy of the richman and lazarus
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AloyEmeka9: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
No more questions. Bimbo was signed, sealed and delivered into heaven by Jesus himself.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by noetic15(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2009
what a crazy world!!!

but why would anyone spread such a false and mighty rumour?
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2009
I believe Bimbo Odukoya, who I knew personally, is in heaven cos she had the single criterion for salvation (deciding to live for Christ). Everything else is dross.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by ttalks(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2009
Bimbo Odukoya is neither in heaven or in hell. She no longer exists any more cos she's dead. Her spirit which emanated from God has returned to God while her body has returned to the earth.

On the last day; time of Christ's return, she will be regenerated(resurrected) to life. When this happens, it would be(to her) like she was in a very long sleep and had just woken up.
That is when we can start talking about heaven or hell.

Ecc 12:7
(7) So our bodies return to the earth, and the life-giving breath returns to God.

Ecc 9:5
(5) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AKO1(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2009
She's in heaven, she's in hell.

Obadare and his colleagues should get a friggin life! angry
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2009
let everybody shut up! angry who is who to tell us if sombody is in heaven or hell? are they God. abeg let us deal with earthly matters wey dey affect us joo! angry
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 9:43am On Dec 18, 2009
@ttalks: Thanks for the expose. As for me, my perspective, when I said "IS in heaven" and not "WILL BE in heaven", is that the after-life is quite timeless, I believe. In that sort of 'collapse' (a time-collapse, with respect to those of us who are living, i.e. what you referred to as "sleeping"wink, one's destination is already assured: heaven or hell, after the grave there is no chance to switch lanes. I appreciate that!
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by CrudeOil2(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2009
I heard there is a heavenly promo going on. Die now and go straight to heaven without facing judgement. How true?
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Tudor6(f): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox:

I believe Bimbo Odukoya, who I knew personally, is in heaven cos she had the single criterion for salvation
(deciding to live for Christ). Everything else is dross.
You're such a disgusting hypocrite. . . .the double standards you show is shocking.

Several times on this forum i've seen you pushing the "Do not judge" "leave it for god" banter most recently on the cheque in church thread.

Now here you are blabbing bimbo odukoya is in heaven because she bla bla bla

Tell me, how are you sure she didn't keep malice towards anyone, can you say for certain she didn't lie to anyone before or during the flight. Infact can you say for certain she had no lustful thoughts towards anyone?

I thought the bible says only god can see the heart of man. . . .
This is plain hypocrisy and hypocrisy is a sin. . . .if you were to die now in your sin someone would say you're in heaven- i laugh!

I guess the next time we hear you ranting do not judge we'd safely take it to mean "do not judge, only mavenbox should when it comes to her personal friends". What a shame.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2009
Lmao@Tudor: You are so funny! What does DONT JUDGE have to do with this? I am not a hypocrite, and i have no double standards but i do not intend to belabour or prove that!

Ok read Romans 5 to get my point about why I think Mrs Odukoya is a heavenly candidate. Whether she had malice or not is not a matter of concern here, leave that for God to judge.

After all, not every reward in heaven will be equal!

If you really wanna understand wat im saying, read one of my last posts on the Salvation exegeses with Deepsight, Jesoul and co, I believe salvation is like nationalization while living right is like patriotism. There are, of cos, non-patriotic citizens but they are citizens all the same. Bimbo is a citizen of heaven cos I know she nationalized. If she was not patriotic, she will answer for that in heaven.

The problem with judging people, which i always decry, is that you destroy their reputation in the face of innocent bystanders.

You know why I like you, Tudor? I can see that deep hunger for truth in you, but I think you should quit junk food. Find the truth, buy it and never sell even though u share it!
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Tudor6(f): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox:

Lmao@Tudor: You are so funny! What does DONT JUDGE have to do with this? I am not a hypocrite, and i have no double standards but i do not intend to belabour or prove that!

Ok read Romans 5 to get my point about why I think Mrs Odukoya is a heavenly candidate. Whether she had malice or not is not a matter of concern here, leave that for God to judge.

After all, not every reward in heaven will be equal!

If you really wanna understand wat im saying, read one of my last posts on the Salvation exegeses with Deepsight, Jesoul and co, I believe salvation is like nationalization while living right is like patriotism. There are, of cos, non-patriotic citizens but they are citizens all the same. Bimbo is a citizen of heaven cos I know she nationalized. If she was not patriotic, she will answer for that in heaven.

The problem with judging people, which i always decry, is that you destroy their reputation in the face of innocent bystanders.

You know why I like you, Tudor? I can see that deep hunger for truth in you, but I think you should quit junk food. Find the truth, buy it and never sell even though u share it!
Your contradictory stance is killing me.

First you say leave it to god to judge if she kept malice or lied then in the same breath passing judgement that she's in heaven because you 'know' she 'nationalised'- Question is do you know what goes on in the heart of mrs bimbo? How are you sure she is not a closet atheist or muslim out to make a quick buck? All these making pastor obadare see her in hell.

You can never vouch for anybody because people can be deceptive in words, action and deeds. Its only one who can see the heart that can make such a bold declaration- you supposedly over stepped your bounds by making such judgement. Is it your place to declare who's in heaven and who's not knowing god looks at the heart and you have no idea what goes on in the heart of man?

So yes, weighed up against the christian doctrine you so love to put over others, you are a hypocrite.

You sound to me like a confused liberal. If I interprete your post right you hold the view that once one is born again and accepts jesus as lord and saviour he/she is heaven bound irrespective of sin like lust, stealing, doubt etc

Question should be how can one be born again, still live in sin then go to heaven. Does being born again not translate to dominion over sin?. . . .infact, scratch that. . . . I'm not interested in discussing christian doctrine and the way to heaven (i dnt give a damn abt heaven) with you, i'd leave that to noetic.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
sad Tudor na wa unto you o. I only said I personally believe she is a candidate for heaven. Did I say I was as certain as God? Of course not! I can only speak for myself. Afterall, concerning other people's destinies, the best one can do is conjecture. I never said I saw a vision, did I? Keep your sandals on, Tudor. . .
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by noetic15(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
ttalks:

Bimbo Odukoya is neither in heaven or in hell. She no longer exists any more cos she's dead. Her spirit which emanated from God has returned to God while her body has returned to the earth.

On the last day; time of Christ's return, she will be regenerated(resurrected) to life. When this happens, it would be(to her) like she was in a very long sleep and had just woken up.
That is when we can start talking about heaven or hell.

Ecc 12:7
(7)  So our bodies return to the earth, and the life-giving breath returns to God.

Ecc 9:5
(5)  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

This was what happened pre-Christ. The dead in Christ are presently standing in the presence of the father.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by econsult(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
I Just finished watching Pastor Bimbo's Cd on marriage and it still ministered to me though she had gone to glory.I leave this issue to God to decide.I believe Pastor Bimbo went to heaven.The onus lies on us to ensure that we make heaven too.As for Prophet Obadare ,he will have to answer God for everything he said.Pls If you have not given your life to Christ do so now.Pastor Bimbo is surely in heaven I believe so.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
Once again, I quite disagree with you, Noetic. Im mobile so I cant insert verses here. Can you please relate your assertion with 1 Thess 4:15-18 and co? (please insert the verses if you can) thanks.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by kcng: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST STORY I HAVE EVER IN MY LIFE.
ONLY GOD KNOW'S WHERE BIMBO IS.
LET US ALL LEAVE JUDGEMENT FOR GOD. THANK YOU.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Tudor6(f): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox:

sad Tudor na wa unto you o. I only said I personally believe she is a candidate for heaven. Did I say I was as certain as God? Of course not! I can only speak for myself. Afterall, concerning other people's destinies, the best one can do is conjecture. I never said I saw a vision, did I? Keep your sandals on, Tudor. . .
The best you could do was hope she's in heaven every other thing is sinful judgement.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
Lol at sinful judgment! grin

Tudor my friend, hope maketh not ashamed! There's nothing wrong in believing Bimbo is in heaven. Saying she's in hell is where one MAY be in error: THAT is judgment! The purists and perfectionists may say her body is in the ground &the rest (soul, spirit) is unknown. But by the faith I have in God, I believe she is a candidate for heaven. No tori dey dere.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Tudor6(f): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox:

Lol at sinful judgment! grin

Tudor my friend, hope maketh not ashamed! There's nothing wrong in believing Bimbo is in heaven. Saying she's in hell is where one MAY be in error: THAT is judgment! The purists and perfectionists may say her body is in the ground &the rest (soul, spirit) is unknown.
You lie. Making pronouncements as to the destination (hell or heaven) of ones soul/spirit/whatever constitute judgement.
But by the faith I have in God, I believe she is a candidate for heaven. No tori dey dere.
Another lie. . .its by the faith you have in bimbo that you make judgements.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by ttalks(m): 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
noetic15:

This was what happened pre-Christ. The dead in Christ are presently standing in the presence of the father.

noetic, where are the bible verses to support ur claim above?
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by t2root: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
Its time everybody knows there is a lesson to learn from this story, no matter what ur faith is there is hell and heaven. You are not to judge, the soul comes from God and will return to God. When you account for your journey on earth, what will be your result, pass or fail. Be warned smiley smiley
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by VALIDATOR: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Mavenbox and Noetic,
Is it the same holy spirit that is leading you or is it everyman to his own invented holy spirit
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Kay17: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
see confuson in the house of God.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by VALIDATOR: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kay 17:

grin grin grin
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AloyEmeka9: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kay 17:

It's not confusion. Children of God are comparing biblical notes.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by DeepSight(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox:

I believe Bimbo Odukoya, who I knew personally, is in heaven cos she had the single criterion for salvation (deciding to live for Christ). Everything else is dross.

So you have appointed yourself the Judge? How do you know if she was not something else in private or in her heart. Is it not true that only God can Judge?

What does it mean to live for Christ? Why not live for Olumba Olumba Obu (who is God) or Guru Maharaji (who is the reincarnated Christ) or the Japanese Emperor (who is God)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Maven, o ti de o.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AloyEmeka9: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
Deep Sight:

So you have appointed yourself the Judge? How do you know if she was not something else in private or in her heart. Is it not true that only God can Judge?

What does it mean to live for Christ? Why not live for Olumba Olumba Obu (who is God) or Guru Maharaji (who is the reincarnated Christ) or the Japanese Emperor (who is God)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Maven, o ti de o.

He is assuming sha but all things being equal, she should be in heaven by now.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Aloy.Emeka: If someone tells me that she has an MBA from Harvard, and I see the certificate, will the onus be on me to confirm if the certificate is falsified? I take people by their word unless proven otherwise. Yeah, its an assumption. You get time to dey respond to DeepSight about living for Christ? You dey try o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? / Death By Faith / Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.