Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven (3481 Views)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) / My Pastor 'Saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya In Hell'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by DeepSight(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
^^^ Really Maven?

If you never heard about Jesus, would that relieve you of all responsibility to live right in good conscience and strive towards love and Human Brotherhood and peace? Just like million who lived an died without a knowledge of that particular man?

Would there by nothing like high ideals or principles in your life?

I cannot understand that such should only exist by reference to Jesus of Nazareth: I really need to understand your mindset on this? ? ?
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Obelomo: 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
Yeah, I heard that this story is false that Baba Obadare did not die and did not say anything about Pastor Bimbo Odukoya.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by mavenbox: 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Deepsight: We have been over this so many times, so I really doubt that this will be the patch to fix our leaking canoe. I have used so many analogies and I keep coming up with more (since you have said that you do not take the Bible as a final authority, I won't bother quoting verses to you so I will try to use day-to-day experiences). I will make the patch very small so it can be easily downloaded  tongue

There is an expectation from God for all men to live right, in good conscience, love, peace and in justice. Man kept failing to meet up, like your everyday average (or below average) student, although some exceptional people got close and God "rounded out" their scores "approximately" according to their faith (this included many non-Jews like Job and fathers of faith like Abraham), pending the arrival of His own perfectly-timed provision: Jesus.

Jesus came, showed men how to live as God intended from the start, and finishing his mission, he died, thus creating an identity platform so that others will not have to strive to please God - anyone who comes through THAT platform has already pleased God and satisfied the pre-requisite for salvation. They all get to "pass". But to have a "distinction", they have to LIVE the life. And that's where working out your salvation comes in.

As I said like twice or thrice now, salvation is "confessing Christ", taking a vow to nationalize into the kingdom of Heaven. Then there's the patriotism you are meant to show in that kingdom, you need to learn it and so you are given an instructor who knows the heart of the President and teaches you the official language. That is the salvation of the soul: patriotism to the Kingdom. The soul is not exactly saved at confession, but the time to learn patriotism to God's kingdom varies as much as learning curves vary. Some people get it in days, others in years. Some, during the Great Depression as I once read, have gotten it genuinely in hours.

One last analogy on this salvation, faith and works thingy, Deepsight. Please consider it in light of ALL the discussions I have had with you on this matter, you will know how this long tori applies.

Imagine you are caught in a crazy snowstorm on your way back from work, and your car develops a problem. The snow refuses to subside and it's late so you have to walk and you're drenched to the skin. There are no guest-houses to stop at so you keep walking and freezing on the inside. When you can't take it anymore, you see a large house with a brightly-lit neon notice that they afford shelter to passers-by, especially in winter. You hurry there and see a maid concernedly waiting at the door, clad in thick clothes and smiling warmly, offering a hand. You have a choice, you can stay right there in the heavy snowstorm, at the front porch just few metres from that open door, or you can come in. Let's just assume you come in. Your wet clothes are taken off you and you are given thick, crisp and dry clothes and made to sit by the fireplace. It's dinner time in your wonderful host's house and guests are around. But of course, you are still shivering like someone who is still in the snowstorm. Although, your own case is assured. Those out there may die before they get help.

In this case,
1. You have been saved from the rain because you chose to come in, through the rich invitation extended to you by the host, communicated to you by the maid, publicized by the neon lights.
2. The snow had some effects on you, which have not worn off. Staying by the fireplace will take those effects off. But meanwhile, you are still shivering terribly. Your "soul" has not yet been saved from the snowstorm.

I hope I achieved my purpose of making the post. I really do.

@Everyone:
Ohm I love the end-of-year Holidays! The cold, everything!!
Lest I forget to say it: Have a Merry Christmas, people  grin
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by MCLOVIN: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2009
Who has heard of 'journalists for christ' before today ?
Pentecostals, 'sigh'
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by javante09(m): 10:16am On Dec 20, 2009
pastor bimbo is not in any hell fire.its a fake story published to tarnish her image.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by shinaidowu: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2009
Why you anybody in hi right mind even believe what that pastor said, as big as heaven in with the number of saints that has died howpossible is it for him to spot Pastor Bimbo in the first place or is there a Nigeria section in heaven or hell.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by AloyEmeka9: 6:01am On Dec 22, 2009
shinaidowu:

Why you anybody in hi right mind even believe what that pastor said, as big as heaven in with the number of saints that has died howpossible is it[b] for him to spot Pastor Bimbo in the first place or is there a Nigeria section in heaven or hell.[/b]
grin grin LWKMD . They also have east hell fire for igbos, north hell fire for hausas , hell fire west for Yorubas and south south hell fire for ijaws.  The location of these hell fires is somewhere in West Africa near the coast of the Atlantic. You no wan see as Igbos, hausas and Yorubas dey kill each other there with tribalism.grin grin grin grin
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by tonjoan: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2009
I can only laugh. @ mavenbox, how have u been?
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by tonjoan: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2009
This AlloyEmeka u de always sabi crack my ribs ooo. If them break u go pay for ribs surgery ooo
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by jamace(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2009
grin grin So, to go to heaven, one needs to be accredited/sponsored by Journalists for Christ (JFC), Christian publishers? Na wa o! Then no Naija man will go to hell. They will do the "usual" and sail free to heaven. God is in trouble!cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by timmy7(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
Come to think of it,the baba that's supposedly blind for a long time nw,how could he recognise bimbo odukoya in the first place
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by ilosiwaju: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2009
madame mavenbox,
I believe Bimbo Odukoya, who I knew personally, is in heaven cos she had the single criterion for salvation (deciding to live for Christ). Everything else is dross.
hmn,

Lmao@Tudor: You are so funny! What does DONT JUDGE have to do with this? I am not a hypocrite, and i have no double standards but i do not intend to belabour or prove that!

Ok read Romans 5 to get my point about why I think Mrs Odukoya is a heavenly candidate. Whether she had malice or not is not a matter of concern here, leave that for God to judge.

After all, not every reward in heaven will be equal!

If you really wanna understand wat im saying, read one of my last posts on the Salvation exegeses with Deepsight, Jesoul and co, I believe salvation is like nationalization while living right is like patriotism. There are, of cos, non-patriotic citizens but they are citizens all the same. Bimbo is a citizen of heaven cos I know she nationalized. If she was not patriotic, she will answer for that in heaven.

The problem with judging people, which i always decry, is that you destroy their reputation in the face of innocent bystanders.

You know why I like you, Tudor? I can see that deep hunger for truth in you, but I think you should quit junk food. Find the truth, buy it and never sell even though u share it!

mavenbox, did you hear read yourself?
your love for this woman is taking over you, nothing wrong though except that it's really exposing your double standards.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by whiteroses(f): 12:20am On Dec 27, 2009
eyin ode dey lie to yourself dey go, when people die they are in a sleeping mode, whoever says someone sees someone that die recently in hell or heaven is a blatant (dont let me say it) i'm 100% sure she's fast asleep and doesnt know anything.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by selencious(f): 1:50am On Jan 23, 2010
Every one of Y'all should mind ur Business. Some people use the wrong words at the wrong time. Y'all shouldn't let anyone's biz place a curse upon you;especially when its got to do with men of God. Its better to shut ur trap than to judge.
Re: Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2010
.its a fake story published to tarnish her image.

and why was it necessary to tarnish her image at this time, I wonder.

na wa for Nigeria- rudderless ship (and no, I'm not referring to Yaradua)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Dreams Be Taken Seriously? / Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? / Death By Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.