Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo (5292 Views)

Jonathan Condemns Death Of British Missionary In Delta State / James Ibori, Dangote, Oshiomhole, Jonathan At The Burial Of Mrs. Anenih In Edo / Flashback: "The Bitter Truth About Ndigbo" By Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Ikechu10: 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
TimeManager:
Trash, trash, trash, arrant trash as usual!..
Not did he only Publish/ptoduced it, he also wrote. He needed someone of an igbo extraction who would help interprete/translate from English to igbo.. fortunately a certain Jonas a bond-servant who worked under him in the mission came in handy. Not only in igbo, but also wrote & produced vocabulary in Yoruba & igala( I suppose).
There is no doubt that Ajayi, being the first west African Bishop established the first mission school & church in igbo land in the town of Onitsha & was later handed over to JC Taylor at the end of his sojourn.

For the record, Ajayi did not translate the English Bible into igbo,rather his igbo counterparts took a leaf from his monumental work( of translating English Bible into Yoruba) & were greatly inspired to write the igbo version. Once again Yoruba leads, igbos copies & follows.
Kiss the truth!

Let me require it again so you can wait out delusional defense.

In 1857, an ex-slave of Igbo extraction, Simon Jonas, wrote the first manuscript written in Igbo language, 'Isoama-Ibo Primer'. This was done in Sierra Leone for emancipated slave from Igboland in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The Igbo dialect spoken in Sierra Leone is called Isoama/Isuama-Igbo. Ex-Lagos slave, Samuel Crowther, published it as a book. Both Jonas and Crowther stayed together in Lagos before being shipped to Sierra Leone.

The REAL HISTORY exposed. Make it e pain you some more. Tell una usual rewrite to your over deluded ethnicity
All your Afonja brother did was take credit as usual after someone else did all the work.

1 Like

Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Edelweiss44: 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

Bollocks ! They were on a quest to conquer and dominate, using religion as a front.

Of course there were missionaries among them and there were economic migrants as well, but in a nutshell you should be grateful to God that they came to Africa at all. Maybe by now, the Oracle would have been demanding for your head as a sacrifice to appease the angry gods and your father would have easily donated you to avoid further wrath of the gods!! So stop whining as if you are not enjoying the benefits of their coming to Africa. The Nairaland you are on now is as a result of their coming to Africa, your phone is as a result of that, your electricity in your house is as a result of that, also that you went to school is as a result of that. Stop complaining for no reason!!!
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by pazienza(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
owobokiri:

Thanks a lot... Did you notice the organized communal system? The way the chiefs insisted on consultations and the way a pre existing traditional representative system was beckoned to welcome the strangers? You noticed the bravado exhibited by the man that was intrigued by their "noses"? Typical igbo stuff. I have always said it here. The best type of communal democracy was practiced in igbo land. Some of that exist up till this day. Those who think that monarchy in their places at that age represent a more "sophisticated" political organization are just petty thinkers... Monarchy marks obedience to one man... Communal representation in the process of decision making ,in my assessment is even far modern than some atavistic monarchies..

Of course.

2 Likes

Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by coolitempa(f): 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Saintsquare:
You are very sick for detailing this thread

Who let this dog out...
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by TimeManager(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ikechu10:

Let me require it again so you can wait out delusional defense.

The REAL HISTORY exposed. Make it e pain you some more. Tell una usual rewrite to your over deluded ethnicity
All your Afonja brother did was take credit as usual after someone else did all the work.
ike! Ike! ike! How many times have I called you..... Let the great Afonjas enjoy their eternal glory na!.
Where have you heard that a servant writes for his master to print most of all what the master needed was the servant interpret into his dialect for the master to put down in writing.

Chinua Achibe has moulded you in the art of revisionism.
Kiss the truth!
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Saintsquare(m): 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
coolitempa:

Who let this dog out...
Your bulldog papa
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by stanleyalpacino(m): 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
[/b]They seemed to have no idea of sin. Everything is so new and strange to them, our appearance as well as our message, so it is no wonder they do not unerstand. Our work would be entirely hopeless if we did not believe in the Holy Ghost.[b]

So before the missionaries came we had no idea of sin, we lived in peace and harmony without greed. So they came, taught us what is sin and what's not but instead of us getting better we got worse . the whole world is practically swimming in sin.

If the whites taught us about sin , who taught them what should be a sin and what should not? Did they know this by divine?

I need some answers Coz I 'm confused.
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Ikeg: 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
TimeManager:
ike! Ike! ike! How many times have I called you..... Let the great Afonjas enjoy their eternal glory na!.
Where have you heard that a servant writes for his master to print most of all what the master needed was the servant interpret into his dialect for the master to put down in writing.

Chinua Achibe has moulded you in the art of revisionism.
Kiss the truth!

grin grin grin grin
How can a slave be master? Your Crowther was a SLAVE to the white man. His worth was less than that of a stone. While the two others worked, he lazied about then came to collect credit like your typical afonja. As usualong, the credit claiming gets exposed thus making una Afonja yet again a comical, lazy, bunch.
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by TimeManager(m): 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ikeg:

grin grin grin grin
How can a slave be master? Your Crowther was a SLAVE to the white man. His worth was less than that of a stone. While the two others worked, he lazied about then came to collect credit like your typical afonja. As usualong, the credit claiming gets exposed thus making una Afonja yet again a comical, lazy, bunch.
Ike!!..I salute you. You're a true son of a revisionist. Stop believing in an invalidated feeling, an abyss of self-disorientation. If "a slave' could rise to become a Bishop while the freeborn served under his authority. Then who is ACTUALLY the SLAVES. The joke is on you.
Truth is talking!
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Ikeg: 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
TimeManager:
Ike!!..I salute you. You're a true son of a revisionist. Stop believing in an invalidated feeling, an abyss of self-disorientation. If "a slave' could rise to become a Bishop while the freeborn served under his authority. Then who is ACTUALLY the SLAVES. The joke is on you.
Truth is talking!

See revisionist calling another revisionist while at the same time stupidly confirming what I said.

Your Crowther was a SLAVE to the white man. A lazy Slave at that who stole credit
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by TimeManager(m): 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ikeg:

See revisionist calling another revisionist while at the same time stupidly confirming what I said.

Your Crowther was a SLAVE to the white man. A lazy Slave at that who stole credit
Read the point again, it sure flew over your head. One slave crowther equals 100 Ebo slaves. Ask Jonas(his igbo servant)
Kiss the truth!
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by Ikeg: 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
TimeManager:
Read the point again, it sure flew over your head. One slave crowther equals 100 Ebo slaves. Ask Jonas(his igbo servant)
Kiss the truth!

The slave that didn't contribute anything but publishing a book after the others worked hard.

Come on get out. Crowther is not even Jonas spit, talk less shit from his body
Re: 1899 Letter Of Mrs.t.j.dennis, Missionary In Igboland Reveals Facts About Ndigbo by TimeManager(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ikeg:

The slave that didn't contribute anything but publishing a book after the others worked hard.

Come on get out. Crowther is not even Jonas spit, talk less shit from his body
grin grin grin grin..... Jonas the served his Afonja Master till death..
May you be bitten by a night bug.
Truth is mine!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Goodluck Jonathan Told Me About 2019 Calculations / Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin / Group Accuses Abia State Govt Of Trying To Influence Outcome Of PDP Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.