Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil (2965 Views)

Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT / Teacher Draws Microsoft Word Screen On Blackboard To Teach Students. / Students Create Amazing Chalk Drawings On Classroom Blackboard(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
[img]http://4.bp..com/-MV4aAOlgJZo/WMcO--i2I1I/AAAAAAAABnU/DQ6gwsAdr2Ij6d0A6IXGLrlsS2jwnL9ZQCLcB/s1600/bringBackOurBlackBoard000.png[/img]

Believe me, most Nigerian students lives with different eye defects. Some parents are ignorant, some cared less, while some can't afford a corrective lens for their children.

I can remember how a lot of student, benefited from the Tinubu's eye glass programme ( Jigi Bola ) during his days as the Lagos state governor. Most of which find it hard to believe that they have been living with some kinda defect (some are actually too superstitious). But I'm not sure this kind of thing is going to happen any sooner.

To the best of my knowledge, the reason students manage to cope those days despite their eye problems is because they can SEE the BOARD in the classroom.

The Blackboard is what most schools use back then. From Primary, to Secondary, to Higher institutions. Even till date, we all still mistake other board's name for it. The Green board is next to it, but most institutions can't afford its high cost of maintenance. But this days, almost all of the aforementioned now sees the almighty life saver as an old school thing.

They forgot how even the backbenchers can see what the teacher, lecturer, or Professor wrote clearly. Despite the fact that the hall/classroom harbors over a hundred student. They forgot how we can write from the board without closing the windows on a sunny day. They forgot how noiseless the class used to be while we are all trying to keep pace with those fast writers.

This days, you can't even copy from the board with peace. It is either your neighbour keep questioning you, or you are the one questioning him/her.

The class governor have to keep the classroom lighting in check; else the board is complete mess. In a bid to control the lighting, you may have to shut some windows, and this may have another awful effect; especially if the Power is out, and you know how hot it used to be.

The whiteboard is the new trend. No one want to work with dusty chalks any more.

Maybe they forgot how the soothing sound of chalks used to make one feel. Maybe they forgot how one can restore sanity to the class by stoning the troublesome students with used chalks. Maybe they don't know how relieved you feel after washing off that handful of dust at the end of a class. Or they didn't miss how you're always in control of your font, calligraphy, and designs on a blackboard.

I still remember how I was taught hand writing on a blackboard, with the aid of some coloured chalks, and a wooden ruler; it's fun and interesting.

This days, you struggles hard to get notes, it's almost impossible to get diagrams copied, and you may even end up not noting anything if the marker's ink is too light. Just imagine your class governor buying only Red, Yellow, green, and pink markers because they are cheaper...

The tutors too can't write in peace any more. They have to change markers every now and then. They are even limited to a certain font size. They dare not throw used markers at students. They are always welcomed with some unpleasant harmful odour too, and some have been pushed to misusing the art of dictation. Imagine your MTH lecturer trying to dictate to you, and you dare not complain, else he's gone. Or that lazy teacher trying to describe what a diagram looks like. HABA.

The Whiteboard is nothing but a pain in the asss for both Teachers and Students, and I hope the government (or who ever is in charge) do something about its spread as soon as possible.

...in my opinion; the whiteboard should be limited to Offices, and well lighted classrooms with only few audience.

#bringBackOurBlackBoard

http://www.jidex.pro/2017/03/bring-back-our-blackboard-whiteboard-is.html

4 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Rtopzy(f): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Op, forward ever backward never. You want make I go dey teach with chalk?? tah!!!!! metche onu gi dia

3 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rtopzy:
Op, forward ever backward never. You want make I go dey teach with chalk?? tah!!!!! metche onu gi dia
Madam, wetin the bolded mean? Did you mean "Shut your mouth up now!"?
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Rtopzy(f): 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:
Madam, wetin the bolded mean? Did you mean "Shut up your Mouth now"?
yep... no vex oo ..... lolz
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 14, 2017
True
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2017
Rtopzy:
yep... no vex oo ..... lolz
E no reach vexxing.
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Muafrika2:
True
Thank you jare.
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by libero05(m): 8:05am On Mar 14, 2017
As a graphic designer I was taught and v com to realise dt its easier to read black on white than white on black.if not y do we print wit black ink on white paper? so thats jst it...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Tazdroid(m): 9:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Yes o, na black people we be, blackboard suits us better. I miss chalk

I remember back then when tisha go call pesin comot make I solve math problem for blackboard

Tisha: Oya, what is the sum of 123 and 456?

Pupil: 123456

*laughter *

Tisha go collect the chalk use am write on top pesin head, e go even talk say make we no clean wetin e write until class finish.

Sweet memories

1 Like

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Tazdroid:
Yes o, na black people we be, blackboard suits us better. I miss chalk

I remember back then when tisha go call pesin comot make I solve math problem for blackboard

Tisha: Oya, what is the sum of 123 and 456?

Pupil: 123456

*laughter *

Tisha go collect the chalk use am write on top pesin head, e go even talk say make we no clean wetin e write until class finish.

Sweet memories

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by xmileeasy: 10:16am On Mar 14, 2017
It reminds me of those days when we have to bring powered charcoal to school on Friday to darken the chalkboard.

4 Likes

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-MV4aAOlgJZo/WMcO--i2I1I/AAAAAAAABnU/DQ6gwsAdr2Ij6d0A6IXGLrlsS2jwnL9ZQCLcB/s1600/bringBackOurBlackBoard000.png[/img]

They forgot how even the backbenchers can see what the teacher, lecturer, or Professor wrote clearly. Despite the fact that the hall/classroom harbors over a hundred student. They forgot how we can write from the board without closing the windows on a sunny day. They forgot how noiseless the class used to be while we are all trying to keep pace with those fast writers.

This days, you can't even copy from the board with peace. It is either your neighbour keep questioning you, or you are the one questioning him/her.

The whiteboard is the new trend. No one want to work with dusty chalks any more.

Maybe they forgot how the soothing sound of chalks used to make one feel. Maybe they forgot how one can restore sanity to the class by stoning the troublesome students with used chalks. Maybe they don't know how relieved you feel after washing off that handful of dust at the end of a class. Or they didn't miss how you're always in control of your font, calligraphy, and designs on a blackboard.

I still remember how I was taught hand writing on a blackboard, with the aid of some coloured chalks, and a wooden ruler; it's fun and interesting.

This days, you struggles hard to get notes, it's almost impossible to get diagrams copied, and you may even end up not noting anything if the marker's ink is too light. Just imagine your class governor buying only Red, Yellow, green, and pink markers because they are cheaper...

The tutors too can't write in peace any more. They have to change markers every now and then. They are even limited to a certain font size. They dare not throw used markers at students. They are always welcomed with some unpleasant harmful odour too, and some have been pushed to misusing the art of dictation. Imagine your MTH lecturer trying to dictate to you, and you dare not complain, else he's gone. Or that lazy teacher trying to describe what a diagram looks like. HABA.

The Whiteboard is nothing but a pain in the asss for both Teachers and Students, and I hope the government (or who ever is in charge) do something about its spread as soon as possible.

...in my opinion; the whiteboard should be limited to Offices, and well lighted classrooms with only few audience.

#bringBackOurBlackBoard

http://www.jidex.pro/2017/03/bring-back-our-blackboard-whiteboard-is.html

Yes, you have a right to feel nostalgic about the blackboard. (Although I never liked it when the chalk made that screeching sound on the board)

You do bring up some key issues too; like classroom lighting.

I also think we could look into having smaller classrooms so that lighting is better and the guys at the back don't have to morph into giraffes

I find whiteboards neater though, and you can express yourself more with colours and all.

And no ghastly screeching sounds too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Kaygee1: 10:47am On Mar 14, 2017
Development and advancement starts from the mind-set
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Dexema(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
I believe the green boards will do better, the main problem with the whiteboard is the quality and type of markers we have around, their cost, clarity and lifespan.

1 Like

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Ademat7(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
Dexema:
I believe the green boards will do better, the main problem with the whiteboard is the quality and type of markers we have around, their cost, clarity and lifespan.
Explain the bolded
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ademat7:
Explain the bolded
It is a Green-coloured chalkboard.

Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2017
xmileeasy:
It reminds me of those days when we have to bring powered charcoal to school on Friday to darken the chalkboard.
LOL. Good old days.
Re: Bring Back Our Blackboard. Whiteboard Is Evil by xmileeasy: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2017
TOmmyJidex1:
LOL. Good old days.

That's true sir, the fun that comes with it is indescribable, especially when you are assigned to write notes on the chalkboard for the class.

(1) (Reply)

Which One Is More Correct Between These Two Sentences? / University Of Nigeria Vs University Of Ghana (VIDEO) / Passing Your SAT Exams On Your First Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.