Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University (11319 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by gidimasters(m): 6:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Governor Ibikunle Amosun on Monday signed into law, a Bill upgrading the state-owned Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), Abeokuta, to Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta.

Amosun who signed the bill into Law during the Executive Council meeting also signed another bill into law for the re-establishment of the Ogun State Polytechnic to be sited in Ipokia-Yewa-Awori areas of the state.

The Governor said that the institutions would be multi-campus, as government would engage professionals and people of high knowledge to provide the technical guide, adding that this great step would enhance the prospect of education in the state.

He lauded the state House of Assembly for the timely and successful passage of the Bill into law, and assured that necessary documents have been prepared and sent to the appropriate quarters.

Also, the Speaker of the Ogun Assembly, Suraj Adekunbi, said the step would create employment for the people, open access to tertiary education in Ipokia as well as encourage the people to embrace education.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/amosun-signs-bill-upgrading-mapoly-to-university/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by gidimasters(m): 6:52am On Mar 14, 2017
Hel
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by adioolayi(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2017
I hope the government is ready to shoulder financial burden this development will come with.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Ayodejioak(m): 7:26am On Mar 14, 2017
wink
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Moreoffaith(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Mapoly......
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by slurryeye: 7:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Polythecnic should be scrapped in Nigeria. Even british system that the curriculum was built after is no longer awarding HND

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Funmiladey(m): 7:28am On Mar 14, 2017
adioolayi:
I hope the government is ready to shoulder financial burden this development will come with.
my thought too, cos he once said Ogun doesn't have the money to run two unis now they're three.

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Raptureminded(m): 7:28am On Mar 14, 2017
wow.... that is gud... my alma mata

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by watered(m): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Arrant nonsense
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by kinibigdeal(m): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Good development that will come with huge fees
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by myrrtle(m): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2017
nice one
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Badgers14: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
Abeg help me tell baba.. It is not by changing the name from poly to uni.. He should upgrade their facilites as well.
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
Lil...is this a Joke or something
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Destinylink(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by legenddimex(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
good for dem
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Xeedorf: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
Wrong Decision
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by teamsynergy: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Ogun and different kinda institutions.... crazy state

1 Like

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by math2000: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by KINGwax007(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2017
Haters da?
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Goke7: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2017
adioolayi:

most of these unis are used to settle folks politically across the state especially since they want to make it a multi campus thing, meaning the uni will be sited in different towns across the state or in all the senatorial district like the case of uniosun.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by shaydeenamz(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2017
I wish all polytechnics in Nigeria will be upgraded to university cos of d uni-poly bruhaha
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by wristbangle: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Useless governor
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Omotayor123(f): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2017
Finally... it's right about timegrin

TeamMapolycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by gidimasters(m): 7:45am On Mar 14, 2017
Omotayor123:
Finally... it's right about timegrin

TeamMapolycheesy

See you.... No be you dey tease me D other day make I come meet you under panseke bridge

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by sakalisis(m): 7:45am On Mar 14, 2017
Good
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by eluquenson(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2017
No problem
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by eph12(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2017
Watch as fees skyrocket or how else will they get money to fund the university?
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by yomalex(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2017
Omo Ogun
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by persius555(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2017
The most useless Governor in the whole of south west

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by Omotayor123(f): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
gidimasters:

See you.... No be you dey tease me D other day make I come meet you under panseke bridge
Eh. come nowundecided
Re: Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University by faorex(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
nice one... #TEAMMAPOLY #TEAMARCHITECTURE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month — Atiku / 28 Interesting Facts About English Lang. / 2019 JAMB: UTME Candidates Storm Abuja Registration Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.