Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection (10221 Views)

Which Type Of Android Phone Can I Get On A 15K Budget / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / 6 Symptoms Of Android Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Gsmbasics: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2017
Android is fast becoming hacker's paradise. Given that it is one of the most popular and most utilized mobile OS, malicious developers and hackers are discovering new methods to exploit loopholes inside the OS.

According to recent research studies done by Kaspersky, malware programs created for exploiting Android has actually increased six times than the previous year. If you suspect, your Android phone might be infected, here are some signs to search for if your android device is infected.

Here are six signs of Android infection.

1. Pop-ups and unsolicited ads

If your Android device is regularly showing pop-ups, you might have set up an adware inside your system. Adware infections are the simplest to fix too. Simply go to the list of Apps installed. Eliminate the App which is accountable for showing the Ads.

2. Increased data use

If a harmful program gets in your Android, it might aim to connect to a data source for showing Advertisements or sending data. This indicates they consume bandwidth more than it is used generally. So if you discover your bandwidth use is unusually high, do search for a malicious app which might be consuming this bandwidth.

3. Unsolicited applications

When you purchase an Android gadget, it normally comes with some Apps installed by default. These might be the extremely necessary Apps that you need for operating your phone There might be some extra Apps from your Android phone maker. Apart from that, if you notice any App that is set up without your knowledge, you have to be careful. One easy thing to do is to browse the web and check the credibility for that App. Apps that are recently developed and coming from lower recognized developers might have badly coded Apps which can be used for malicious purpose.

4. Apps need access to other functions on your phone.

It is common for Applications to demand access to your address book, email lists and so on. It can be justified for certain Apps where it is needed for its smooth performance. But not all Apps require access to these details. So, if you notice an App asking for personal information which is not related to its job function, you have to suspect the App. Remove it after making an appropriate examination.

5. Unusual online activity after utilizing mobile for transactions

If you notice any unusual activity reported in your online activity, there is a possibility your phone is hacked and the hackers might have delicate information. Change the password of your account. If the online activity appears to have originated from your Android, you might have harmful files inside. Eliminate unwanted and suspicious looking file.

6. Apps lock specific features in the phone unless payment is made

An authentic app developer would never ever hold you to ransom by disabling specific features unless you pay for the App. Eliminate these Apps as they do not deserve to be in your Android phone.

Lastly, to fix all these issues download Mobile Optimizer & Cleaner

Mobile Optimizer & Cleaner can assist you to enhance Android phone performance, clear apps you don't want and back up crucial ones, maximize your phone's and sd card storage, boost memory and improve phone speed.

If your Android phone is running sluggish you can quickly speed up your phone with Mobile Optimizer & Cleaner.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/630/6-symptoms-of-android-infection.html

3 Likes

Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Alleviating: 7:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Most infected phones won't show any of these symptoms before they crash sef undecided

WATCH VIDEO OF NIGERIAN LADY WITH THE BIGGEST ORANGES >>http://www.uk-mmm.tk/p/cossy-orjiakor-goes-nude-dancing-as-she.html
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Pheals(f): 7:19am On Mar 14, 2017
ok thanks a lot for this info
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Badgers14: 7:20am On Mar 14, 2017
cheesy
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by chomxy(f): 7:21am On Mar 14, 2017
noted
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Samanza89: 7:22am On Mar 14, 2017
Most times it is even most of dis mobile optimizers and cleaner that is even responsible in slowing down your phone and also causing lagging...

11 Likes

Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by ganiyu26(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2017
educative!!!
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by wassade: 7:23am On Mar 14, 2017
Sneeze
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2017
And this poo mase FP??
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by soath(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Cunninlinguist: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2017
I've noticed the first one on my phone. Anytime I close my uc browser, an ad pops up
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by princemillla(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
Best best install Ad guard for Samsung user and web guard for others this will stop all those nonsense pop ads
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by sakalisis(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017
cool
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by damoneymag(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2017
very helpful. but for some of us who are not so good with phone operations I think Identifying those apps might not be as easy as the op made it seem. especially the one consuming more data than required. one might simply blame it on the service providers.
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by ITbomb(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2017
Do you know that some infected android phone had the malware pre-installed even before you bought them.
Click here to see the affected android phones
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by vedaxcool(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Nicely done
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by UncleSnr(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2017
Ever heard of Monkey Test virus?
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by sirwilly214: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2017
nice writeup, but which is the best Mobile Optimizer & Cleaner. because there just too many of them
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2017
Some people dey use dem hand find wahala, you wan download MOD games or apps. Most of are MOD to steal ur data and damage the device on the long run. Stick to Apple (Premium doesn't come cheap)

Chikena!
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by bettercreature(m): 8:08am On Mar 14, 2017
That number 6 isnt funny
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by BackToLife: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2017
Which is the best free antiVirus for android?
https://tgmeducation.com/
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by mickool(m): 9:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Nice one.Thanks for the info. I' m currently experiencing all the listed above..Going optimizer ASAP!
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by lekjons(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2017
The most annoying is my GPS always switching on by itself whenever I switch on my 3g(on MTN only)

I had the same problem on my previous phones..

Who knows how to solve this?
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by calddon(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2017
Optimizers ke, most of this attackers write their thing to the root of the phone, if you like industry or factory reset it the stuff will still be singing.... Best manageable solution.... Format the entire phone firmware and reflash.......
Another sign to watch out for is unexplained root access gained by apps in a supposedly nonrooted device.
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by chiscodedon(m): 10:52am On Mar 14, 2017
Tnx
The issue nd having with my android now that made me bought new one...it pops up ads on its own, downloads unwanted aps after still uninstalling them.put on wifi on its own...I have flashed,reset more than thrice but still instals itself. That got me annoyed,went for another phone... And the phone has no hardware issue.
Also is it better to root android? If yes reasons cuz am contemplating rooting my new phone
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by kskpoundz(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2017
o di ka vewy serious.......I don't even know y someone somewhere will just gain access to my android phone without my permission. no wonder otedola dey ball with his Nokia torch b4 those bastard will control his account for him.
they've already gained access to my phone,so let's continue using it together. no p
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
lekjons:
The most annoying is my GPS always switching on by itself whenever I switch on my 3g(on MTN only)

I had the same problem on my previous phones..

Who knows how to solve this?
am having same issues on my fone too.. Whenever I switch on my Internet GPS automatically switches itself on
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by IecheM(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
Get stubborn Trojan killer, if the problem still persists I suggest you change the ROM of your phone
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by Mstcambridge: 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=I
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by ROYH(m): 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
calddon:
Optimizers ke, most of this attackers write their thing to the root of the phone, if you like industry or factory reset it the stuff will still be singing.... Best manageable solution.... Format the entire phone firmware and reflash.......
Another sign to watch out for is unexplained root access gained by apps in a supposedly nonrooted device.
@the bolded, how do i do that
Re: 6 Symptoms Of Android OS Infection by ROYH(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
IecheM:
Get stubborn Trojan killer, if the problem still persists I suggest you change the ROM of your phone
how@the bolded

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? / True Review Of Innjoo Note Fone, Injoo Fones, And Nigerian Chinese Fone Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.