Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, (1762 Views)

New Poison Frog Species Evolving Before Our Eyes, Study Says / Creationist Mum Audits Evolving Earth Exihibit / A New Religion Is Evolving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
Tudor what has mavenbox done to u? why are u picking on her?
is it cos tpia is not around? shocked ;o grin
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Tudor6(f): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2009
Haba, I'm only stating the bleeding obvious na. . . .
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
Quite an interesting thread. Could I follow the K.I.S.S. ('k[/b]eep [b]i[/b]t [b]s[/b]imple [b]s[/b]tupid') method and focus on your concerns, Chrisbenogor.

Chrisbenogor:

Anyway back to being serious, I asked viaro on the other thread what chance a christian has in a very rural church in the amazon forest of south America, or maybe in the Himalayas. So I would like to understand how you see these issues.
Chrisbenogor:

Our main stay remains how would the illiterate person searching for religion going to go about it. I can imagine a rural village setting where noetic, viaro and mavenbox preach every alternating sunday, I mean not all of us have the [b]intellectual ability
to carry all these things, how the earth was created in millions of years and not days, and when the poor old carpenter looks at his bible what he can see is day.

Salvation in Christ is not predicated on how much of the Bible or Christian doctrines anyone understands. Nor is it based on cosmological arguments, or what nots. Simple faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what the Biblical message provides as the basis of salvation: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" - Acts 16:31.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2009
Viaro - what does it take to believe in Jesus Christ? Does one need to know of him first? i.e: that such a man existed at all?
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
The Gospel is preached and men are saved by simply believing. That does not exclude an intelligent response of the heart and mind. However, many people try to complicate issues for themselves by unrelated illations - which is frankly how I see your question. That is not something that is of any interest to me just now (maybe later).

Yet, it is an interesting question - that such a Person existed at all. The defence of such an enquiry is not something to be unduely pressed upon the simple minded as supposed in Chrisbenogor's concerns. To do this would be going into what is known as Apologetics, and it is not 'apologetics' that is presented to those who are least interested in exegesis of a theologically involved kind: rather, it is the simple presentation of the saving grace of Jesus Christ the Son of God that is presented for salvation - the salvation of which we speak.

Now, by extension, you have often argued for a singularity god in your deistic outlook/worldview. Think of it this way: what does it take to believe that anything you argue in that sense is worth anyone's time? i.e., that such a singularity which you call 'god' existed at all?
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
"Singularity" is simply an esoteric definition of the Almighty meant for the initiated.

It needn't be accepted or even heard by anyone at all.

For me it is sufficient that a person knows that there is a supreme being to whom he owes his existence.

This knowledge is widespread amongst virtually all tribes of the world, and for millenia has been assimilated by stark illiterates.

So no problem there.

It might be slightly more difficult however to press on people of all tribes of the world, that a man like themselves from one tribe, is almighty God whom they must acknowledge. Not to talk about ritual sacrifices of redemption through the judicial murder of that man. In that, Chrisbenegor's concerns are very real indeed.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight, perhaps you failed to grasp the simple outline in my previous comment before launching into the very thing that was to be avoided - that is quite funny.

Deep Sight:

"Singularity" is simply an esoteric definition of the Almighty meant for the initiated.

What is the 'Almighty' in your worldview? Why are you throwing words around that are of no import to you personally? This is not only irrational, it is time-wasting.

For me it is sufficient that a person knows that there is a supreme being to whom he owes his existence.

And that, dear sir, is what your initial question re-worded in my initial comment should be addressing: 'ie., that such a singularity which you call 'god' existed at all?' You're jumping into huge but empty conclusions by your presupposition above. If you assume that it is sufficient that 'a person knows that there is a supreme being', how do you bring such a person to that identity you call a 'singularity' re-arranged into the 'Almighty'? I don't know how many people think that a singularity is 'god', and if that is what you're on about then you need to establish how people come to know that such a singularity existed. Please don't make such gaps - they are boring.

This knowledge is widespread amongst virtually all tribes of the world, and for millenia has been assimilated by stark illiterates.

This 'singularity' dressed up as 'god' in your deism is NOT widespread. Quit it.

So no problem there.

Huge problem.

It might be slightly more difficult however to press on people of all tribes of the world, that a man like themselves from one tribe, is almighty God whom they must acknowledge. Not to talk about ritual sacrifices of redemption through the judicial murder of that man. In that, Chrisbenegor's concerns are very real indeed.

You hastily read my initial comments, and that was why I foresaw that your problem was of the least concerns to me at this time. Yet, how have I made it a matter of 'pressing' the Gospel on anyone - let alone on people of all tribes? Please answer me that one first.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2009
I can only assume that despite your considerable vocabulary you do not know the meaning of the word "Esoteric."

What i stated is clear enough: Nobody needs to know my "singularity" - that is a theological abstraction for philosophers to play with.

Recognition of a superior being is what i said is enough. And virtually all tribes of the world have such in their traditions, so what are you talking about.

Looks like you are bored or something.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

Viaro - what does it take to believe in Jesus Christ? Does one need to know of him first? i.e: that such a man existed at all?

You think believers care about this proposition of yours? When God "explains" everything there is no real reason to try to find the truth about it. Seriously this is why people are supposed to have faith and not reason.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2009
toneyb:

You think believers care about this proposition of yours? When God "explains" everything there is no real reason to try to find the truth about it. Seriously this is why people are supposed to have faith and not reason.

Faith is not antithetical to reason.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

Faith is not antithetical to reason.

I agree, but there are so many things that you have to accept based on faith and not on reason, I am not saying that faith and reason are opposites, Please don't get me wrong.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
toneyb:

I agree, but there are so many things that you have to accept based on faith and not on reason

Yep - like a Jewish man is GOD.

That's not even faith. It's psychosis.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

I can only assume that despite your considerable vocabulary you do not know the meaning of the word "Esoteric."

I quite understand it, and if you have a different meaning that we never have heard before, please share.

What i stated is clear enough: Nobody needs to know my "singularity" - that is a theological abstraction for philosophers to play with.

I find that another one of your huge gaps with the previous quote from you: "For me it is sufficient that a person knows that there is a supreme being to whom he owes his existence" - did I read from two different people?

Recognition of a superior being is what i said is enough. And virtually all tribes of the world have such in their traditions, so what are you talking about.

What I am talking about is your penchant for drawing unrelated illations and making huge gaps in your own gaping theory of a singularity while forcing your own dogmatism upon the worldviews you don't subscribe to.

Looks like you are bored or something.

I'm indeed bored with recycled non-starters, apologies.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
toneyb:

I agree, but there are so many things that you have to accept based on faith and not on reason, I am not saying that faith and reason are opposites, Please don't get me wrong.

I confess to having misread you, and apologise.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

I quite understand it, and if you have a different meaning that we never have heard before, please share.

I find that another one of your huge gaps with the previous quote from you: "For me it is sufficient that a person knows that there is a supreme being to whom he owes his existence" - did I read from two different people?

What I am talking about is your penchant for drawing unrelated illations and making huge gaps in your own gaping theory of a singularity while forcing your own dogmatism upon the worldviews you don't subscribe to.

I'm indeed bored with recycled non-starters, apologies.

No response required.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

I confess to having misread you, and apologise.

No need for that, I should have phrased my words better.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

No response required.

I didn't expect one from you.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

This is completely true.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

while forcing your own dogmatism upon the worldviews you don't subscribe to.

Duh. Did you not read this -

Deep Sight:

Nobody needs to know my "singularity" - that is a theological abstraction for philosophers to play with.

? ? ? ?

You are bored.

Or struck with some bizzare obsession.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

Duh. Did you not read this -

? ? ? ?

You are bored.

Or struck with some bizzare obsession.

I hope you can see there's more than viaro who knows you for the person you are? Hint: see post #49. cheesy
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
^^^ That's expected. The word "Esoteric" which i used naturally means that those philosophies are not meant for the masses.

Gnite.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by viaro: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^ That's expected. The word "Esoteric" which i used naturally means that those philosophies are not meant for the masses.

Not much different from what I had in mind: 'confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle'.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Mavenb0x(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
LOL Guys abeg make una no fight o! grin grin grin

Anyone who wants to read my views on this can find it on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=423534;sa=showPosts

It's a long post, though,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Mockers And Scoffers - Annoy, Goshen And All Brethren Please Read / Reincarnation. The Comprehensive Explanation, If You Can Receive It / Tb Joshua-the World Greatest And Most Persecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.