Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform (2614 Views)

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly / "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss / Hameed Ali Seeks Legal Advice On Wearing Of Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by agabusta: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Your Excellency,
President of the Senate,
Federal Republic of Nigeria,
Senate Building,
Three Arms Zone, Abuja.

RE: INVITATION TO BRIEF THE SENATE

May I respectfully refer to your letter Reference No. NASS/CS/8S/R/09/29 dated 9th March, 2017 and inform Your Excellency that the decision on payment of Customs duties by vehicle owners who do not have them as prescribed by law is currently being reviewed.

2. The goal of the review is to take a broad additional input from stakeholders and the public on all its aspects. I will welcome opportunity to avail the Senate on our findings and the way forward on improving our capabilities to plug major drainages in the nation economy without adding to hardships and within our mandate.

3. Regarding the wearing of uniform, I wish to advise that the Senate avails itself of the legal basis of its decision to compel me to wear uniform. I am similarly seeking legal advise on this issue, so that both the Senate and I will operate within the proper legal framework.

4. I regret my inability to answer the Senate invitation owing to a recent bereavement. I will however, make myself available whenever I am needed in future.

5. Please accept my highest esteem.

Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd)
Comptroller-General of Customs.

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by koladebrainiac(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
BUNCH OF ILLITERAte IN THE SENATE
THAT DINO MELAYE WILL FURTHER EMBARRASS THE SENATE WITH HIS CONSTANT AGGRESSIVE AND RIDICULOUS WAYS OF ADDRESSING ISSUES AND EXECUTIVE POLICIES. HE SO MAKE IT AS SENATE VS EXECUTIVE AND THAT FG IS BENEATH SENATE. THEY SHOULD QUIT THE EGO MASSAGING AND START THE REAL WORK FOR THE LOVE OF NIGERIA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Lincoln275(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
yes, that is it
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by agabusta: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
The Senators suppose don tire sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Mynd44: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Another dick waving contest

4 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by agabusta: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mynd44:

how come that was not censored? grin

6 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by agabusta: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
koladebrainiac:
BUNCH OF ILLITERACY IN THE SENATE
THAT DINO MELAYE WILL FURTHER EMBARRASS THE SENATE WITH HIS CONSTANT AGGRESSIVE AND RIDICULOUS WAYS OF ADDRESSING ISSUES AND EXECUTIVE POLICIES. HE SO MAKE IT AS SENATE VS EXECUTIVE AND THAT FG IS BENEATH SENATE. THEY SHOULD QUIT THE EGO MASSAGING AND START THE REAL WORK FOR THE LOVE OF NIGERIA

Dino is just too aggressive. I don't understand what his problem is. That was the same way he raised false alarm on the cost of the gatehouse of the Vice President's new lodge. Whereas, the project was not even captured in the 2016 or 2017 budgets.

Till date, the arrogant toutish senator has not deemed it fit to apologize to the country and to the office of the VP.

4 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Amazing request...1-1 grin

1 Like

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mynd44:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by DozieInc(m): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is what he actually told the Senate.

10 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by id911(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
If the illegally appointed controller generals is demanding legal basis to wear uniform that means his subordinates should wear mufti to work and demand legal basis also to wear uniforms if ask to do so. In fact all military and para military personnels should start wearing native and agbada to work.

It is only in this useless country a retired military man heads customs. It is also in a useless country like ours that the national assembly that represents the people are disrespected. May this country die a natural death

3 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by seunmsg(m): 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hameed Ali should respect the Senate as the body of elected representatives of the Nigerian people while the Senate on it's own part should respect the legislative institution that they represent and stop the aggressive attack on the comptroller general.

Since the president that appointed him is not complaining, I don't see the point that the Senate is trying to make. If they are complaining about his performance, that's a different case but making all this noise about uniform is nothing but an unnecessary distraction. They should leave the man alone and allow him to do his job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by hucienda: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
bi like retired colonel don dey fear.

abeg no do any sharp one, i don alredi buy popcorn to watch free cinema for tv tomoro.
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by ddippset(m): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fuucck the Senate.
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by kingivie: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
The Senate shud be commended on dis issue and any learn citizen who is informed abt d proposed policy ought to affirm this. The col. Is clearly misguided cos we can not pay for the failure of his duty. This is d beauty of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
There are many issues affecting the nation that the senate should delibrate on instead of trying to force Ali on unnecessary issue like this when they are aware the man is only doing his job.

2 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by dokiOloye(m): 6:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
The apparent disrespect this man has been showing d senate is what they deserve.
Were they sleeping when he was confirmed to head d customs in d 1st place?
Can an outsider be appointed to head d army?

3 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Larryfest(m): 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
Misplaced priorities on the path of the senates,they are not all that concerned about what is affecting the people they are representing na just to dey make noise upandown..

3 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by vedaxcool(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin grin grin useless vultures .... Hamid's real response.

5 Likes

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by peteredo: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
dokiOloye:
The apparent disrespect this man has been showing d senate is what they deserve.
Were they sleeping when he was confirmed to head d customs in d 1st place?
Can an outsider be appointed to head d army?
wen obanikoro was made minister of defence nko

1 Like

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by princemillla(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Like seriously I av forgotten we have anything call house of assembly in Nigeria. Whenever they are mentioned first person I think of is baba suwe or osuofia.

NANS need age flush out

1 Like

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by chiboyo(m): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Battle of Pride!!!

Click "like" if you think the senate would win
Click "share" if you think the customs boss would win...
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by id911(m): 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
peteredo:

wen obanikoro was made minister of defence nko

obanikoro was made ig of police, chief of naval staff, army chief, defence chief, immigration head, etc and not a minister. Smh for your illiteracy and ignorance. Your likes plenty for nairaland no be small...chai smh
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by psucc(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
The Senate as presently constituted is a toothless bulldog. Saraki has mortgage the Senate on account of currying favour from the Presidency or how will one explain this act of disobedience to a Senate of the Federal Republic?
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by unitysheart(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
This man NA man o. Ọmọ, see uppercut.

Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Yabiola26(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
id911:
If the illegally appointed controller generals is demanding legal basis to wear uniform that means his subordinates should wear mufti to work and demand legal basis also to wear uniforms if ask to do so. In fact all military and para military personnels should start wearing native and agbada to work.

It is only in this useless country a retired military man heads customs. It is also in a useless country like ours that the national assembly that represents the people are disrespected. May this country die a natural death

Must a frustrated fellow comment... Some people really need to be banned here jare
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by peteredo: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
id911:

obanikoro was made ig of police, chief of naval staff, army chief, defence chief, immigration head, etc and not a minister. Smh for your illiteracy and ignorance. Your likes plenty for nairaland no be small...chai smh
nw u have even complicated it.. Waz e a naval officer wen dey made im chief or army wen dey made im army chief
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by MaziOmenuko: 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
id911:

Ignorance in 3-D!!

First off, there were no illegality in appointing a retired colonel as head of customs, if it were, we all know the senate would have rejected his appointment. It is all accommodated in the confines of the law.

2ndly, there's no constitution wheresoever that authorises a non-career DG to put on uniform. Again, Alli knows there exist no such law and is very correct to operate on his native regalia.

Next time b4 you open your mouth to yarn dust, come with facts not just shouting illegalitt without facts.
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by tripoli007(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
Make I park for here.. Me shaiii abeg give me 2 hungry man size and 7 egg .. Make I chaoo read dis post well grin cheesy
Re: Col. Hameed Personally Writes Senate, Demands Legal Basis For Wearing Of Uniform by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
Its amazing how people support this rubbish from the custom boss..

This is a very bad precedent for the future.. it wont hurt him to follow status quo. The senators have given examples of his superiors in the army who head various parastatal much lower than the custom and still kit up properly in those uniforms..

It is a sign of pride..
It is a uniform for the young ones to look up to.
It shows commitment.
It shows seriousness.

Some suppprt him, but no one tells you to suit up when going for interviews.. you could aswell wear iro and buba

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Shut Down Lagos - Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech On The Threat By The North To Secede In 1953. / Revealed: How APC Senators Betrayed Oshiomhole Over Plan To Unseat Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.