Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? (27965 Views)

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities / #10yearschallenge Of Vice Chancellors Of UNIUYO (photos) / Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by djlaqua91(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Well i do know that the Emir of Katsina as the Chancellor of OAU gave out scholarships to all Katsina state indigenes (no matter the course) during my time in Ife. Also had allowances too.

Not sure whether it still pertains.
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Merceline(f): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
Badgers14:
Having traditional rulers as chancellors is just an irony.. Mockery of education.
dude calm down. guess you imagine they are uneducated. most of them are highly educated. it is not like before
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by shyenar999(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
firstclassmumu:
The are well paid. 200k+

My dad is a chancellor

If ur moniker is wat it is
N ur dad is a chancellor... Wah kinda chancellor cld he b

MUMU

1 Like

Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by mechanics(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
maybe you should ask the president that appoint them
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by KenzOfficial(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Some of them are educated tho..
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
fratermathy:
It's just a ceremonial position. They don't earn anything.

They only serve to attract people to the university through investment, projects, etc.

They also have ceremonial roles to play during convocations.

They are hardly in the universities and have no offices there.

not true oo
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Badgers14: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Merceline:
dude calm down. guess you imagine they are uneducated. most of them are highly educated. it is not like before

I am not saying they are uneducated..my point is, they don't add value to thw school.. Most of them don't set foot on campus except once a year for convocation..

What's thw point then
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by McPolomy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
chiefolododo:
ROTFL
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by fratermathy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
liveshady:

not true oo

So you just presumed someone's view as false without stating yours or what makes it false?

Youths of this generation never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by micflo28(m): 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Please nairalanders, How can one pick his first ever job in abuja where I reside. Your inputs are appreciated.
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by alex81(m): 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
2nd page, yet no concrete answer to d ops questions... hmmm

ds is not d Nairaland i use to know...

1 Like

Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
firstclassmumu:
The are well paid. 200k+

My dad is a chancellor

I been wan quote your comment before, but seeing your Monica, I Pause

Someone should please answer the question so we can be enlightened
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by pedrilo: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
executive hamper during yuletide
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by firstclassmumu: 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lizzyangel:

I been wan quote your comment before, but seeing your Monica, I Pause

Someone should please answer the question so we can be enlightened
why you come quote me?
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by firstclassmumu: 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
shyenar999:

If ur moniker is wat it is N ur dad is a chancellor... Wah kinda chancellor cld he b

MUMU
don't ask me jamb mock question
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by makaveli902: 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eggcelent:
I think the idea is to bring their influence/clout to bear in attracting development to the universities. And their gains include having a say in issues such as who gets what in such schools.

Guy, you have succeeded in explaining nothing!
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
fratermathy:
It's just a ceremonial position. They don't earn anything.

They only serve to attract people to the university through investment, projects, etc.

They also have ceremonial roles to play during convocations.

They are hardly in the universities and have no offices there.

Bro when the University shortlists a notice for tender of contracts...that of the president and chancellor are usually reserved.
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by cornelin(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
pmud11:
This got me grin grin
u mean say the thunder got u?
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
firstclassmumu:
why you come quote me?
what I did?
oh! my bad!
pele
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Duru009(m): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thy are paid 245k plus 1% of the IGR generated in the university.. ....

Sources : NUC (National University Commission)
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by jfleece(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pheals:
who get what, when and how?

that's power
no dats politics...
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by bababodmas(m): 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pheals:
who get what, when and how?

that's power

Actually babes...thats politics
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
They're just ceremonial heads
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by Jelal0007(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
hamid30:
I've been wondering if there's anything our traditional rulers gain from universities as chancellors. I hope I will get answers.
U started a story which u abandoned sometime ago. What's going on? No more updates again? Let ur followers/readers know. Thanks
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by hamid30: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
Naughtytboy:
The thunder that cannot fire the person that started this rubbish is that one thunder?
i see ive been charitable in assuming every human has a brain. So somebody cannot ask of something he doesnt know?.......The mother that cannot give birth to a child with brain is that one a mother?
Re: What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? by hamid30: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
no one is yet to come up with a good answer backed with proof and reasons....nairaland has changed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017 / Lydia Spring Teacher Flogs Pupil For Doing Her Class Work Wrongly(pix / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.