Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors (17405 Views)

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria / We Will Not Join ASUU Strike – OAU Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Google63(m): 8:08pm On May 11, 2017
The irony of life. Former VC of OAU, Prof Rogers Makanjuola, visits the then Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuade. He's accompanied by 3 people who would later become Vice chancellors of OAU.

From left Prof Faborode, Prof Roger Makanjuola, Prof Bamitale Omole and Prof Ogunbodede. If I was in that picture it means I would have been preparing to be the next VC of OAU

24 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Ajewealth123(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2017
Google63:
The irony of life, the VC of OAU, Prof Roger Makanjuola, visits the then Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuade. He's accompanied by 3 people who would later become Vice chancellors of OAU.

From left Prof Faborode, Prof Roger Makanjuola, Prof Bamitale Omole and Prof Ogunbodede. If I was in that picture it means I would have been preparing to be the next VC of OAU
wey picture naw
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Google63(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2017
Ajewealth123:
wey picture naw
Updated
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Khd95(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2017
op see meaning of irony here ooo cos akkanor understand how dis picture is an irony

irony 1 /ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using
language that normally signifies the
opposite, typically for humorous or
emphatic effect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 11, 2017
Google63:
The irony of life. Former VC of OAU, Prof Rogers Makanjuola, visits the then Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuade. He's accompanied by 3 people who would later become Vice chancellors of OAU.

Photoshop dey na.
U fit edit am
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2017
lol.see dressing... academics

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by potbelly(m): 10:40pm On May 11, 2017
Morale of the story...
When you flock around the right set of people, you will most likely end up in the right place...

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by MoyoGENERAL: 11:21pm On May 11, 2017
An Irony? I decry!!! This is the ETHOS of Life: The cardinal principle of life. Sowing and Reaping! KARMA!
Sow Loyalty reap greatness
Sow Diligence reap success
Sow mentorship reap future leaders.

A vital lesson we learn from here: "Nobody's success is a threat to yours in any way, just as birds don't clash up in the sky", hence be of immense help to those coming behind you. Nurture them to become better. Be intentionally interested in their success. It is called legacy building! Power is for service, not for status, serve others and let them draw strengths and values from you. Never hoard resources, knowledge or deny your subordinate an opportunity to grow, learn or improve his transferable skills. Always allow people your shoulder to see further, allow them your inner eyes for better foresight ; In life, providence may place you in a vital position to invest in others, please never resist or hold back, it is called collective emancipation. Make this a commitment!!!

Take a cue from our comedy industry in Nigeria, how Alibaba, Basket mouth helped some of these boys into limelight; that's living the life. We are people of connections and can be strong for ourselves by making impact in people life. Intentional mentor-ship geared towards tangible value exchange should remain our personal social responsibility as we go through life . We are called to lighten up the paths of one another; give someone a leap start to get their career rolling, a slight push to get their business moving, a referral to help their course and quest for jobs and many more.

Note that, we are of no significance if we fail to extend our arms of help to others who needs it!

As far as I'm concerned, there is not better definition of success for a leader than producing another successful leader. If so, Prof Makanjuola is thrice successful!!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by WaleFolarin: 12:13am On May 12, 2017
I'm so proud of my father the OOni of Ife.

I am too big to be on nairaland sef

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Okoyiboz3: 12:30am On May 12, 2017
Khd95:
op see meaning of irony here ooo cos akkanor understand how dis picture is an irony

irony 1 /ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using
language that normally signifies the
opposite, typically for humorous or
emphatic effect.

There is a reason why some have become Vice Chancellors but you are here on Nairaland looking for nonexistent errors and disgracing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by napoleon77(m): 7:22am On May 12, 2017
Google63:

What's the irony?
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by toygod2: 7:29am On May 12, 2017
OP! make we fry Zobo cool

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by hernandson(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2017
lmao the poster above me,na wa oo, fry zobo!! hehehhe
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Elenurazorr(m): 8:29am On May 12, 2017
F
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by sbashir10(m): 8:29am On May 12, 2017
The only thing constant in life is death and change
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2017
WaleFolarin:
I'm so proud of my father the OOni of Ife.

I am too big to be on nairaland sef

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by lonelydora: 8:33am On May 12, 2017
OAU na school? We dey call animals wey get horn, snail dey follow join queue. Abegii

I feel like looking for trouble this morning
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Biodunkuye(f): 8:33am On May 12, 2017
My alma mater
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by TrapHedges(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2017
Yukjfgtyui
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by publicenemy(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2017
Google63:

What do we need this information for?
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Nobody: 8:35am On May 12, 2017
grin

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by yinkard4me(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2017
Law of Nature...
People you surround yourself with, determines how far u go in life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Greenbuoy(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2017
N o n s e n s e

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by oluphilip2008(f): 8:37am On May 12, 2017
Biodunkuye:
My alma mater

Greatest Ife!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by TheVictorious(m): 8:39am On May 12, 2017
WOW, just wow!
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by gbegudujo: 8:40am On May 12, 2017
Greatest Ife
Oba Awon University
I m happy to be associated with you

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by TheVictorious(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2017
yinkard4me:
Law of Nature...
People you surround yourself with, determines how far u go in life...
The company you keep determines what accompanies you!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by yinkard4me(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2017
TheVictorious:

The company you keep determines what accompanies you!
I concur
It doesn't matter how smart you are. It doesn't matter how talented you are, which skills you have, where you are born, or which family you came from. All that counts if you want to be successful in life is the people you surround yourself with.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Ezedon(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2017
SEE HEIGHT, this is when Nigeria is good, before kworupshon takes place
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:51am On May 12, 2017
RIP English
Re: Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors by dolphinife: 8:53am On May 12, 2017
That Faborode is a devil incarnate, but arguably his performance tower above other VCs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. / After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through / ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.