Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) (33442 Views)

Policeman Slaps Woman, Stabs A Man And Attacks Two Others At Pedro, Lagos / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her / Many Killed In Land Dispute In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by dre11(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2017

It was a gory sight at the Accident and Emergency Unit of the Federal Teaching Hospital (FETHA), Abakaliki, in Ebonyi State, as an 8-month-old baby boy was stabbed by his reportedly mentally-sick mother and brought into the ward for surgery with the knife still stuck in the boy’s abdomen.

Though Daily Sun could not get full details of the incident as the suspect, who was said to be a wife of a serving police Sergeant, was said to have been taken to hospital for treatment, it was gathered that the incident happened at the police barracks, Abakaliki.

It was gathered that the woman who allegedly has periodic major mental disorder pierced her baby’s stomach with kitchen knife and left the knife stuck in the baby’s stomach when somebody saw it and raised the alarm that attracted neigbours.

An eyewitness and a medical practitioner at the Federal Teaching Hospital, who pleaded anonymity, said the baby was brought into the emergency ward with the knife still stuck in his stomach while he had lost so much blood.

In his own reaction, one Omeri Nwachi, on his facebook page wrote:
“A woman stabbed this baby, you can’t imagine that it was true and I actually snapped it myself.

The baby is still alive and was being prepared for surgical procedure. Please pray for the survival of this baby”.

Chief Medical Director of the Federal Teaching Hospital, Dr. Emeka Ogar, said the baby had been operated upon and the surgery was successful and expressed shock at the incident.

However, the Ebonyi State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Jude Madu, said full details concerning the incident were still being awaited and disclosed that the woman was a mentally unstable wife of a serving policeman in the command.

He disclosed that the baby had undergone a successful surgery and the knife had been successfully removed from his system while his mentally sick mother had been taken to psychiatric hospital for medical check.

http://sunnewsonline.com/horror-woman-stabs-own-8-month-old-baby-in-ebonyi/

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by wahles(m): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Madness unchecked
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by ijustdey: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
thank goodness that the baby isn't dead....

what some people are just using cloth to cover is deep and sometimes dangerous

17 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Beckham14: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damn!!!

But who impregnated the "mad" woman?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by boman2014: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2017

WITCH!

HEARTLESS!!

DEVILISH!!!
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Negotiate: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Kai... It is really sad that anyone would do this... I thought a month we should be much more caring... That image gives me the creeps... I feel so bad.

**Check out this double sided belt, it's custom leather and you can wear it on any side... Quite ingenious... And it's very cheap!

www.jumia .com.ng/fashion-double-sided-reversible-leather-belt-blackbrown-5714301.html

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by berrystunn(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wicked or madwoman
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by IamAirforce1: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wicked world we live in
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by ninocia18(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
No matter how much i see these things, i just cant hold back tears. These days are truly evil..

Modified.... That woman is not mad. She has gone through a major experience that has eaten deep into her soul. She needs God and a psychologist.

8 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by shibanbo(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Women dey fear me oooo,those of una wen don marry Una dey try ooo.women women women.adimma
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Cherlene(f): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
cry

Lord heal the WOUND and PHYSICAL pain of this INNOCENT boy in Jesus name, amen.

I pray you are in SECURED hands, after this horrific incident.

Cherlene

5 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by tofolo(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
She needs to be taking to a mental hospital ASAP.
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by WINDSOW(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is the height of cruelty. I give up!!!
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by blingxx(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
We humans are the worse things in existience cry
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by tigonana: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wat a wicked world

Haaa!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by justi4jesu(f): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry I can't just imagine the pains that innocent baby is going through.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by mekuso89(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
JESSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by EmekaBlue(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
its waa
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by lonelydora: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
She should be taken to a psychiatrics hospital

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed[sub][/sub] embarassed
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by lilyheaven: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Beckham14:
Damn!!!

Some women becomes mentally unstable, after delivery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Bigsteveg(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is the worst news I have read this year. The mother and the baby should be separated asap.
Mental disorders after childbirth is some issues that needs serious attention. Our medical awareness in thus country needs to wake

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by noblemuk: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Postpartum depression is what it is called. Nigerian medical practitioners need to raise awareness of this disorder that happens amongst women after childbirth...many are too scared to talk about it; the urge to hurt their child. Extreme cases are what you see in this post.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by PenisCaP: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
grin
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
noblemuk:
Postpartum depression is what it is called. Nigerian medical practitioners need to raise awareness of this disorder that happens amongst women after childbirth...many are too scared to talk about it; the urge to hurt their child. Extreme cases are what you see in this post.

It often happens when she is left alone without much needed assistance, this is why it isn't so common here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by morereb10: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
hey ooooo

God

how u got dey give this basket case of women children now?
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by whirlwind7(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Beckham14:
Damn!!!

You didn't read the part where it said she's the wife of a police sergeant?

Even though the report said she has been going through bouts of mental illness in the past, her action is more likely due to post partum depression.

I have seen and heard of several women with mental illness who gave birth but really went out of their way to nurture and protect their babies.
This one might be mentally unstable, but a severe bout of depression probably led her to committing this very heartbreaking act.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Jabioro: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
What insanity.. God please safe him completely.. haba!!! Things are happening in some quarter wrongly..
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by ogukelly: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hmmmmmm nawaooo
Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by wellmax(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Things I hear from South East makes me fear

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) by Sammypope4all(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
And when the husband beats the living day out of this devil some ppl will still claim "no woman deserves to be battered no matter what"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicidal Man Prevented From Plunging Into The Lagoon In Leki, Lagos / 2 Men Fight Over A Girl In Lagos, One Dies / Pastor Jonah Gangers Abducts Muslim Girl In Kaduna, Converts Her To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.