Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? (3366 Views)

Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited / Lalong Declares Curfew In Jos As Hausa And Igbo Clash / Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by godOfNairaland: 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
I've been wondering if Nigeria were to break up (hypothetically), could such a scenario where the Yourbas, Igbos && the SS form a new country exist?

Personally, I wouldn't mind such union. What are your opinions? Could such country exist? Would there be less tribalism in such?
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by loopman: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Possible only under a very loose federation
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by LoveMachine(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
That would be a very interesting arrangement.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by RedTarantula: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
It can work.

Each region will control their own resources and contribute a certain percentage to the centre.

There will be a president and a prime minister.

There will be a central military to protect the south from external aggression and there will be regional policing in the three regions.

This is actually the surest and easiest way to throw off the dead weight of the far north.

Nigeria was formed by amalgamating northern & southern parts of Nigeria; this can be undone. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Jabioro: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Very possible and that is what would happen at last.. mark words and thanks me later for correct prophecy..

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by RedTarantula: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
omenkalives is so scared of being left at the mercy of the rampaging and demonic fulani herdsmen in arewanistan republic. cheesy cheesy cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by skedman(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
It is not possible, igbos are just to selfish and greedy with life .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by ESDKING: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sorry, I can't live with back stabbers and cowards.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by 7lives: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
No it can never happen, let everyone answer their papa name.

12 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you want real peace, you can't lump the three together like that.

Two or three nations from that group is best with each respecting each others territory, and then working/trading together if they so please.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Oxtonguy: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sensible human are meant to co-exist. Only mentally ill folks don't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes but not under the current political arrangement and add to the fact that Yorubas need Nigeria unity more than Igbos.

For example their lagos wont be what it is today if Nigeria didn't exist as a country and the honest ones among them have already admitted that fact here on nairaland.

If you compare the development of yorubas in benin republic where they have no lopsided advantage you will get an idea of what Yoruba land will look like without Nigerian oil money especially lagos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by muykem: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
It can't work period.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by simpleseyi: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes, Yorubas and Igbos can co-exist but that is outside nairaland. On Nairaland, Yorubas and Igbos can never ever co-exist.

3 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Inter ethnic marriage and miscegenation is not a sign of unity.

The Germans, English, French etc all married each other. In fact the English royal family all have Germanic ancestry but that didn't stop them from fighting and killing each other even before WWI and WWII. Those using few interethnic marriages as a sign of unity are being ignorant and delusional.

Even ojukwu had a child with an hausa woman. Did that prevent Igbo killings and biafran war?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by oyinkinola: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
simpleseyi:
Yes, Yorubas and Igbos can co-exist but that is outside nairaland. On Nairaland, Yorubas and Igbos can never ever co-exist.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by kingzizzy: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
A EU style confederation of two separate countries can work for Yorubas and Igbos, but not for long.

Sooner or later, Yorubas will start looking for their precious 'one Nigeria' and invite the Northerners into the mix. Thats when the Igbos will pull out.

3 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Not with the existence of rabidly pro-fulani yoruba muslims in the SW. Who wouldn't think twice before dragging everyone under the Caliphate.

Igbo and Yoruba will do better as good neighbours with well-defined borders. They are not siamese twins that cannot prosper without each other.

Good fences make good neighbours.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by FunkyMetahuman: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fhuck no

Once we are done with this contraption called nigeria, I don't wanna live in the same country with any other tribe. Especially not the ibos. anyone else but ibos.

They will start giving the new country bad name with their usual colourful/drug business. Plus the amount of hate in those people can sink any form of alliance.
They can go to their biafra and turn it to a new cuba or mexico, that's their problem but I don't want my tribe to be a part of that sheit.

I want a yoruba country for yorubas alone.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Igboid: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
No.
It wouldn't.

The presence of Yorubas in Kwara, which Arewa will not free and who themselves don't even want to leave Arewa, would ensure that Yorubas would always be dragged into Northern agenda
Factor in the presence of Islam in Yolobaland and the situation becomes even more complex.

10 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:
Yes but not under the current political arrangement and add to the fact that Yorubas need Nigeria unity more than Igbos.

For example their lagos wont be what it is today if Nigeria didn't exist as a country and the honest ones among them have already admitted that fact here on nairaland.

If you compare the development of yorubas in benin republic where they have no lopsided advantage you will get an idea of what Yoruba land will look like without Nigerian oil money especially lagos.

Porto novo is yoruba port city in Benin republic compare it with lagos that swallowed so much Oil money for decades.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
Fhuck no

Once we are done with this contraption called nigeria, I don't wanna live in the same country with any other tribe. Especially not the ibos. anyone else but ibos.

They will start giving the new country bad names with their usual drug business.
They can go to their biafra and turn it to a new cuba or mexico, that's their problem but I don't want my tribe to be a part of that sheit.

My brother I 100% agree with you> Lets all go our ways and deal with our own problems. Enough of this forceful union that is constantly watered with human blood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Kemperor: 4:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
Afonja and Igbo...

Well i call it "Cold War"...
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Noneroone(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Must yorubas live with other people. When will you people have a sense of self determination.

This is becoming shameful

6 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
DocHMD:

Porto novo is yoruba port city in Benin republic compare it with lagos that swallowed so much Oil money for decades.

Exactly my point and they know it. But majority of them like to play dumb or ignorant. I hear some of them even say that lagos was already developed before Nigeria came to be.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Kemperor: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
Fhuck no

They will start giving the new country bad name with their usual colourful/drug business. Plus the amount of hate in those people can sink any form of alliance.

In your mind u hav said somtin intelligent...

The Hausa people deal wit drugs in this country... go to the North and see for urself and stop bein ignorant...

Please tell me the countries where there are no drugs...Nija still dey learn...

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by FunkyMetahuman: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
I really wondered how anyone would still want to form another nigeria after nigeria is done.

The bastards whites/lord luggard that created a contraption called nigeria, do you think they don't know what they are doing?

Have you ever wondered why the english have their own country, same as the french, the germans, polish etc in the same europe that is half the size of african continent?
Can german and english live together without bloodshed.
Imagine one ediot from nowhere lumping germans, english, french, spanish together with some backward east european countries and ask them to live together.

Let everyone answer him papa name like the europeans so we can compete at our own pace.

Two tribes together can never work.

Kemperor:

In your mind u hav said somtin intelligent...

The Hausa people deal wit drugs in this country... go to the North and see for urself and stop bein ignorant...

Please tell me the country where there are no drugs...Nija still dey learn...
how many hausas have been caught in south africa, cambodia, indonesia or india.

Abegi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

How can Yoruba need Nigeria more than the people who travel out their own domain to settle in every corners of Nigeria? More than the people who have a large population and very small land area?
I don't understand why you people sometimes stand logic on its head. So Yoruba needs Nigeria to develop Lagos? What type of logic is that?

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Noneroone:
Must yorubas live with other people. When will you people have a sense of self determination

I tire o.

These were the people thar carried anti-Igbo placards during the 2015 elections because Igbos chose to vote against a fulani which made their Oba angry.

The 2015 election exposed the yorubas for whom they really are and smart IPOB capitalized on it fruitfully.

If you claim yorubas love Igbo, all an IPOB needs to do is to upload the anti-Igbo protest picture to puncture your claims. Anambradota abeg where that pics dey sef?

6 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes and NO. It has to be based on something they have in common! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Christians? Yes! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Muslims? NO! The problem of yorubas is the yoruba muslims. These muslims are the ones quick to tell you that "religion" means nothing to yorubas that they are one but when you look at past and present yoruba governors, this will shock you...over 80% are muslims in a supposed 50/50 christian/muslim region. Does this make sense to you? The yoruba christians rarely say this because they know deep in their hearts that these yoruba muslims are the obstacle to Yoruba progress as a nation and a willing tool of the Hausa-Fulani.

I personally, I can co-exist peacefully with the likes of Fayose, Fani Koyode, e.t.c., but will never co-exist with Fashola, Tinubu, Aregbe, e.t.c. They are the willing tool of Hausa-Fulani.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Igboid:
No.
It wouldn't.

The presence of Yorubas in Kwara, which Arewa will not free and who themselves don't even want to leave Arewa, would ensure that Yorubas would always be dragged into Northern agenda
Factor in the presence of Islam in Yolobaland and the situation becomes even more complex.

You should worry more about the millions of Ibos that will be forced to relocate back to your tiny real estate in the east and how they will feed themselves.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by loopmangoat(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
I don't want to have anything to do with the betrayers backstabers bad belle people children of waste and hatred who believe that only them are saints
Let them enjoy their useless country alone or continue licking fulani ass

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING!! Fayose Reveals Shocking Secrets About Buhari’s Health / There Might Be A Regime Change In 2019 At The Behest Of Washington. / Heavy Protest Rocks Lagos Over Onnoghen As Nigerians Hail Buhari’s Courage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.