Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? (3367 Views)

Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited / Lalong Declares Curfew In Jos As Hausa And Igbo Clash / Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

How can Yoruba need Nigeria more than the people who travel out their own domain to settle in every corners of Nigeria? More than the people who have a large population and very small land area?
I don't understand why you people sometimes stand logic on its head. So Yoruba needs Nigeria to develop Lagos? What type of logic is that?

In that case, you might as well say that Igbos need the world to become one country because last I checked, Igbos are almost everywhere doing business. Not just in Nigeria.

For example My uncle with his partners have already cornered majority of the auto spare parts market in Ivory coast. Does it now mean that my uncle now want Nigeria and Ivory coast to be the same country?

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Kemperor: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
how many hausas have been caught in south africa, cambodia, indonesia or india.

Abegi.

How many Igbos?
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by alaafin(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Outside of nairaland where none-entities claim prominence, the yorubas and the igbos are one. In love and in trade, in sport and edibles - aside politics of hatred as propagate by the imperialist britain- we have always been brothers.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
uduak2016:
Yes and NO. It has to be based on something they have in common! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Christians? Yes! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Muslims? NO! The problem of yorubas is the yoruba muslims. These muslims are the ones quick to tell you that "religion" means nothing to yorubas that they are one. The yoruba christians rarely say this because they know deep in their hearts that these yoruba muslims are the obstacle to Yoruba progress as a nation and a willing tool of the Hausa-Fulani.

Yoruba/christian dichotomy exists only in the fertile imagination of hateful folks who scream themselves hoarse online about a non existence issue.
If Nigeria breaks Yoruba will go on as one united people regardless of religion, it has never been an issue as far as I know and will never be.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by FunkyMetahuman: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by FunkyMetahuman: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Kemperor:

How many Igbos?
enough to make the world hate us.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

In that case, you might as well say that Igbos need the world to become one country because last I checked, Igbos are almost everywhere doing business. Not just in Nigeria.

For example My uncle with his partners have already cornered majority of the auto spare parts market in Ivory coast. Does it now mean that my uncle now want Nigeria and Ivory coast to be the same country?

If you know this why then do you think Yoruba will need Nigeria more than ibos? Is spare part selling something your uncle was born with and therefore cannot be done by any other person?

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
I really wonder how anyone would still want to form another nigeria after nigeria is done.

The bastards whites/lord luggard that created a contraption called nigeria, do you think they don't know what they are doing?

Have you ever wondered why the english have their own country, same as the french, the germans, polish etc in the same europe that is half the size of african continent?
Can german and english live together without bloodshed.
Imagine one ediot from nowhere lumping germans, english, french, spanish together with some backward east europeans countries and ask them to live together.

Let everyone answer him papa name like the europeans so we can compete at our own pace.

Two tribes together can never work.

Amen brother.. Preach on for those who have ears and brain.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by TimmyPapa(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yes Nd NO
Av lvd with igbo in m service year
Yes in d sense that Yorubas ar accommodating and can leave with any One...in peace... NO: Igbos selfish nd wana b in charge dy say dy lov dir fellow igbos but amidst them dy beef and fight dem selves.. lazy but wana control
But I think I can lv with d Niger deltas

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

If you know this why then do you think Yoruba will need Nigeria more than ibos? Is spare part selling something your uncle was born with and therefore cannot be done by any other person?

Everything I have seen so far have shown that yorubas need Nigeria united. The unity of Nigeria in its current form benefits them as lagos is the major access for trade via its ports. This forces a country of 180 million people to depend on it for everything. Imagine if Nigeria breaks up and the population drastically reduces, what then becomes of the Lagos economy and all the debt that they have incurred. So this is why yorubas are fighting tooth and nail to make sure Biafra is never restored.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
TimmyPapa:
Yes Nd NO
Yes in d sense that Yorubas ar accommodating and can leave with any One...in peace... NO: Igbos selfish nd wana b in charge dy say dy lov dir fellow igbos but amidst them dy beef and fight dem selves.. lazy but wana control

Here we go again with The Niger delta mask as if Niger delta is a tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Good response, now watch the one nigerianist stay mum.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
TimmyPapa:
Yes Nd NO

See dem 'deludians'. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by nengibo: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Here we go again with The Niger delta mask as if Niger delta is a tribe.
Is Igbo not also a mask. What is the name of that ur underachieving village dat hides under the Igbo mask
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Sweetguy25: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
They already do.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Everything I have seen so far have shown that yorubas need Nigeria united. The unity of Nigeria in its current form benefits them as lagos is the major access for trade via its ports. This forces a country of 180 million people to depend on it for everything. Imagine if Nigeria breaks up and the population drastically reduces, what then becomes of the Lagos economy and all the debt that they have incurred. So this is why yorubas are fighting tooth and nail to make sure Biafra is never restored.

And the ibo business people who grew billion naira businesses on the back of the 180 million population doesn't need Nigeria? Trust me most ibo billionaires will defend Nigeria with their lives, only poor and suffering ibos are protesting and getting shot for nothing. A separate ibo nation will still be faced with similar problems Nigeria is facing today.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
nengibo:

Is Igbo not also a mask. What is the name of that ur underachieving village dat hides under the Igbo mask

What?

I thought I have seen it all but the crazies in nairaland never disappoint. I hope people are seeing this craziness born out of desperation.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

And the ibo business people who grew billion naira businesses on the back of the 180 million population doesn't need Nigeria? Trust me most ibo billionaires will defend Nigeria with their lives, only poor and suffering ibos are protesting and getting shot for nothing. A separate ibo nation will still be faced with similar problems Nigeria is facing today.

Those Igbo billionaires you speak of are free to remain in Nigeria. That is their cup of tea. My interest is with the Igbo masses and their future generations. We have seen the mistakes of One fake Nigeria and will plan our futures in critical ways that avoid those mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Those Igbo billionaires you speak of are free to remain in Nigeria. That is their cup of tea. My interest is with the Igbo masses and their future generations. We have seen the mistakes of One fake Nigeria and will plan our futures in critical ways that avoid those mistakes.

The future of Yorubaland is not tied to whether or not some people are using our ports just like the future of Ibos are not tied to the interests of a few billionaires.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

The future of Yorubaland is not tied to whether or not some people are using our ports just like the future of Ibos are not tied to the interests of a few billionaires.

In that case you are grossly underestimating the immense advantage that the population of lagos is to it. That population which is inflated by igbos and all Nigerians is what attracts investments to lagos. Investors don't pour money into places with tiny populations. Once that population reduces, it becomes less attractive. Simple economic.

For example Uyo has good infrastructure but low population. That's why they are struggling to attract investments.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by frleopardo: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
It could have worked if the Yorubas had supported secession from the first day but their underhand and sabotage have made the two tribes eternal enemies. At best they can only maintain a civil relationship as neighboring countries.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

In that case you are grossly underestimating the immense advantage that the population of lagos is to it. That population which is inflated by igbos and all Nigerians is what attracts investments to lagos. Investors don't pour money into places with tiny populations. Once that population reduces, it becomes less attractive. Simple economic.

For example Uyo has good infrastructure but low population. That's why they are struggling to attract investments.

There was Lagos before the influx of Ibos and there will be Lagos if they decide to leave. Life will go on, a new set of settlers will come and the time ibos were in Lagos will become just another point in history.

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by hammerF: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
On behalf of all Ndiigbo, the yorubas commenting on nairaland cannot expect us to forget over 3 million igbos murdered and starved to death by Awolowo blockade of the East.

Taking our money and allowing some of us only #20 and then never allocating funds to rebuild or help the war ravaged people of Biafra.

Basically left the survivers for dead.

The Yorubas cannot expect us to forget how dey betrayed GEJ and the entire South for the second time.

U can take advantage that alot of us live in Lagos and marry from us, but dont mistake that for a consenting union between Yoruba and Igbos

We will happily hand u Lagos once Nigeria ends, but will never agree to ever share a country or nationality with yorubas on this earth.

We cannot Coexist outside Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Fremancipation: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

There was Lagos before the influx of Ibos and there will be Lagos if they decide to leave. Life will go on, a new set of settlers will come and the time ibos were in Lagos will become just another point in history.

In all honesty, I wish Lagos well and I know that it has gained all the ingredients that will enable it to thrive in the long term with visionary leadership. But the status quo will not last for ever, so it can enjoy that monopoly for now.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by hammerF: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
Take note, their is nothing like a sensible igbo, that is actually an insult.

If Pat Utomi are sensible igbo, y do they identify with Nnamdi Kanu? Even Soludo, Oby Ezekwesili?

We are all igbo and share one ancestry and one struggle.

We are all together on this, though some are more aware than the others.

We are Igbos.

Yorubas men and women should take their prick and yansh, live happily ever after in their Oduduwa, we dont need them and they dont need us.

We will never agree to such country, we will fight, protest and die to prevent that happening on this earth ever.

5 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by loopman: 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
kingzizzy:
A EU style confederation of two separste can work for Yorubas and Igbos, but not for long.

Sooner or later, Yorubas will start looking for their precious 'one Nigeria' and invite the Northerners into the mix. Thats when the Igbos will pull out.

In the history of Nigeria, tell me between Yorubas and Igbos who have cooperated most with Northerners politically
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by DocHMD: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Isn't this narrative getting boring already? Those who are funding IPOB, Radio Biafra are they poor men? Where on earth do poor men build unjammable radio station.

1 Like

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Guestlander: 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
DocHMD:

Isn't this narrative getting boring already? Those who are funding IPOB, Radio Biafra are they poor men? Where on earth do poor men build unjammable radio station.

It doesn't take a lot of money to build a pirate radio station besides just a few dollars contribution from each of the thousands of ipob zombies will more than fund the station and even pay the "director" who is now cooling his heels at kuje.
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Adiola(f): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
I really wondered how anyone would still want to form another nigeria after nigeria is done.

The bastards whites/lord luggard that created a contraption called nigeria, do you think they don't know what they are doing?

Have you ever wondered why the english have their own country, same as the french, the germans, polish etc in the same europe that is half the size of african continent?
Can german and english live together without bloodshed.
Imagine one ediot from nowhere lumping germans, english, french, spanish together with some backward east european countries and ask them to live together.

Let everyone answer him papa name like the europeans so we can compete at our own pace.

Two tribes together can never work.

how many hausas have been caught in south africa, cambodia, indonesia or india.

Abegi.
my uncles tinubu and kashamu
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by FunkyMetahuman: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Adiola:
my uncles tinubu and kashamu
will you kip kwayet
Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by dreamwords: 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
We are not one, so lets not force it

2 Likes

Re: Can Yoruba And Igbo Co-exist? by Misterdhee1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
uduak2016:
Yes and NO. It has to be based on something they have in common! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Christians? Yes! Igbos, SS and Yoruba Muslims? NO! The problem of yorubas is the yoruba muslims. These muslims are the ones quick to tell you that "religion" means nothing to yorubas that they are one but when you look at past and present yoruba governors, this will shock you...over 80% are muslims in a supposed 50/50 christian/muslim region. Does this make sense to you? The yoruba christians rarely say this because they know deep in their hearts that these yoruba muslims are the obstacle to Yoruba progress as a nation and a willing tool of the Hausa-Fulani.

I personally, I can co-exist peacefully with the likes of Fayose, Fani Koyode, e.t.c., but will never co-exist with Fashola, Tinubu, Aregbe, e.t.c. They are the willing tool of Hausa-Fulani.
Your thinking is damn backward. Nd this is one reason why most people have problem with you people. You rate yourself higher than you can ever be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why They Killed Isiaka Adeleke, By Femi Fani-kayode / BREAKING!! Fayose Reveals Shocking Secrets About Buhari’s Health / Ex-president, U.S Firm Named In Atiku’s Visa Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.