Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali (43932 Views)

Nigerians Replied Senator Dino Melaye After Announcing His Arrest On Twitter / Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by trinity11(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
this man own self, he dun old for face but he hand still fresh like river fish.

idiaaat, u can't wear the uniform, but u can occupy the office, to further strategize how you can extort a whole country.

NASS pls bundle this man and send him to exile.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Charly68: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
To humble the man,I support his arrest..he behaves as if we are still in military era..Very unbecoming
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by MaKenz: 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
cleatoris:
Shit getting serious.
In Fela's Voice "Animal in human Skin..."
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Timelezz: 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
anonimi:

You should learn about SEPARATION of powers in a democracy.
The senate is a law making body not an executive arm of government.
It cannot order the arrest of anyone.
There are other ways to deal with a recalcitrant agent of the executive.
If the SINators are serious they should use those other ways to LEGITIMATELY address their grievances with Col. Ali.
We should stop being easily excitable mumus.
#OurMumudonDo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15
Please stop misinforming the public and retract your statement.

The senate has oversight functions empowered by the constitution to issue warrant when its summons are disobeyed!

Also separation of powers doesn't prevent the executive from making laws and bylaws through its ministries, does it?

Instead of applauding the awakening senate for standing up to the tyrannical Customs boss, you're ignorantly accusing them falsely.

Shame!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Kiakia(m): 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
This Hameed Ali has disrespected Nigerians by failing to honour the Senate invitation. The President should do the needful if he is really incharge of affairs in the country and not the cabal.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by gaddy00: 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Citizens arrest nko? We fit?
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by guychidile: 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
is he above the law.?
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by OlaMiki: 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
IPOD located . jumping to conclusion out of ignorance
fratermathy:
I knew it would get to this. No one is above the law. If he feels he is, he should simply resign.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by bet9ja(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
What is happening to this man is not ordinary, he has stepped on iyalojas and market woman's toes . They are fighting him with edi.

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by freshbear(m): 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
anonimi:

You should learn about SEPARATION of powers in a democracy.
The senate is a law making body not an executive arm of government.
It cannot order the arrest of anyone.
There are other ways to deal with a recalcitrant agent of the executive.
If the SINators are serious they should use those other ways to LEGITIMATELY address their grievances with Col. Ali.
We should stop being easily excitable mumus.
#OurMumudonDo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15
you are quite ignorant. Read all about the powers of the national assembly in the constitution.Ignorance is no more an excuse. I don't think you know what the doctrine of separation of power is all about.

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Horus(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_bhV9IGvF0

Hameed Ali: Customs boss dares Senate, says 'no' to Wednesday appearance
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by IgweBUIKE1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
idris4r83:
I love this guy military nature. To he'll with the senate as far as he is doing his work rightly. If Senate no like am make buhari substitute am with ibrahim magu. Hamid ali will function better as efcc boss.
you must be at fanatical muslin... cos you guys don't know your left from your right
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by zik4ever: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
I am compelled to comment on this! However great this guy is performing in the Customs service, we are still in a democracy! The person who nominated him, emerged through a democratic process and is under oath to defend the constitution. Irrespective of whatever politics involved or any suspicions we may have, the Senate can request an explanation from him. I am not holding brief for the Senate but I think political nominees or appointees should realize their limits and be more guarded. We are not in a Banana republic! Even if all Senators are thieves' which I doubt, he is an appointee. The National Assembly can amend the Customs Act for instance, to disallow appointment of a non-career Customs officer as CG. If that happens, will he insist on holding office? It's like someone who loses election saying, I am convinced that I am the best and so I must continue in office? We can't descend to that level. Impunity is not just corruption. The first letter from the Customs said he cant come because he was to have a management meeting? Haba my people! The next one said he is bereaved? No na. I fully support that everyone should pay duties but my brothers and sisters, I doubt if Customs have a very credible/accurate database to retroactively check all vehicles imported over the years. Before you know it, corruption will surround verififcation. I think the issue needs more stakeholder engagement, planning and sensitization if not you will see chaos on our roads including open clashes with customs officials. It may be well intended but the implementation modality and capability needs to be interrogated!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by fratermathy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
OlaMiki:
IPOD located . jumping to conclusion out of ignorance

So of all the 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria, you just concluded that I am an Igbo because I stated my opinion which may be contradictory with yours?

I weep for the youths of my generation...

5 Likes

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by anyebedgreat: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
For the first time, we have a Senate. Not like the pdp days when Ghana must go bags was the determining factor.

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by sirgoody: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
i hope the igp will comply especially now that buhari is around...
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Subpoena works in Nigeria?
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Sebastine1994(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
unclezuma:
Subpoena works in Nigeria?
if you have a strong backup, you dont need to answer to no sub opena
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Bimpe29: 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
APC at the centre brings more confusion and avoidable issue.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
malel1:

Lollll

abi..
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sebastine1994:

if you have a strong backup, you dont need to answer to no sub opena

But you know a subpoena is a subpoena and it's coming from one of the branches of Government.

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Deepfreezer(m): 6:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Just look at the kind of hediot Buhari appointed as CG customs. Nigeria is fvcking lawless country

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by sshalom(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
One of the reasons why we are not making progress ......egoistic and myopic leaders.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by idris4r83(m): 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
IgweBUIKE1:
you must be at fanatical muslin... cos you guys don't know your left from your right
learn to construct a simple English before commenting on a public forum. What has religion gots to do with what I wrote? U r d typical religion bigot by bringing religion into this. It's a pity, u that knows your right from your left can construct a simple English. Ewu
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by potent5(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
The bloody civilian thinks he is immune to the supervisory powers of the Senate. Just wait for that warrant to be issued first, he'll realize he's no longer in the army but an ordinary bloody civilian.
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Skubidude(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
trinity11:

idiaaat, u can't wear the uniform, but u can occupy the office, to further strategize how you can extort a whole country.

NASS pls bundle this man and send him to [exile] .
trinity11:

NASS pls bundle this man and send him to [exile] .
trinity11:

NASS pls bundle this man and send him to [exile] prison.

Fixed
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by yinkslinks(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Just like he looked in army uniform then.
obynocute:
just wondering how this man will look like in those prison uniforms..
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fire the arrogant sadist!
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Dejijossy(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
fratermathy:
I knew it would get to this. No one is above the law. If he feels he is, he should simply resign.

Which of the law has he broken?
Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by Khameal007(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
idris4r83:
I love this guy military nature. To he'll with the senate as far as he is doing his work rightly. If Senate no like am make buhari substitute am with ibrahim magu. Hamid ali will function better as efcc boss.

your head dey game! nice one

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by drtee247(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
idris4r83:

Wallahi I will be happy if Ali will be brought to head EFCC, atleast no 1 will disturb him with issue of Uniform and I trust him to discharge his duties effectively

1 Like

Re: Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali by fratermathy(m): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dejijossy:

Which of the law has he broken?

He was summoned by the Nigerian Senate and failed to show up, citing clumsy reasons for that. The Senate is one of the most prestigious arms of government and should be respected at the least by his presence.

Secondly, he has refused to put on the uniform of the government agency he was appointed to lead. If the leader cannot obey simple protocol and wear his uniform like all his predecessors, I wonder why then we have a democracy!

There is no need to support this act of rascality and disregard for the Nigerian institution!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew Due To EndSARS Riots In Lagos / Apc Election Campaign Take Another Dimention (pics) / Turmoil in PDP over Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.