Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic (37876 Views)

Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Abagworo(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2017
I remember when one Dede1 often claimed Ijaws were Portuguese porters picked from Ghana and dropped off at Benin by Portuguese men around 15th century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Dedetwo(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2017
Efewestern:

oga nobody is talking of pipeline here, what am saying is that edo people should acknowledge the fact ijaw have some communities in your state and you should put that into your head, not claiming someone land as yours, your can't mess with ijaw, your glory ends in your tiny edo communities don't trespass into ijaw land..

European porters can never own the lands where their masters left them and returned to Europe.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Your statement doesn't surprise any of us.
We know you Flattiies have your heads deep up the ass of Ijaws LOL
Afonja, does my comment look patronizing? I hv lived in benin before and I know those cowards inherited their cowardice from oduduwa descendants.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Dedetwo(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2017
Abagworo:
I remember when one Dede1 often claimed Ijaws were Portuguese porters picked from Ghana and dropped off at Benin by Portuguese men around 15th century.

It is not a surprise that Dede1's forays on Nairaland were nothing but simple truth.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
Afonja, does my comment look patronizing? I hv lived in benin before and I know those cowards inherited their cowardice from oduduwa descendants.

Dont Worry, Na Hausa-Fulani go suyanize una from Enugu Northern Front, while Ijaws finish you from the coastal southern front. Exact same scenario Just like during the Civil war. Coward flattties.
Don't go and be worrying about the future of Portharcourt, be talking about Afonja and your Yoruba landlords. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Now I believe the Yorubas when they say you guyz are delusional.
Everything in Southern Nigeria was founded by this your LOST Ekaladerhan prince...

Ijaws... finish them jare grin

Hhahaha

I will ignore your tone and respond to your points.

Ekhaladeran was no ordinary man or common citizen. He was by all accounts a bini prince who led a major rebellion against the Oba. He had soldiers, supporters, wives and sundry followers in his retinue.
Due to the determination of the palace to find and subdue him, he wandered through many lands and for many years before settling far away in what is now yorubaland.
He would not be the first to found many settlements compare Mansa Musa, Dan Fodio etc
If you read Samuel Johnsons book on the origin of the yoruba (and it is available for download) you will see that the historical narratives can be merged and reconciled. A passage of the book shows that Ife was founded by a rebel prince and he was accompanied by many followers.

Make a valid historical point or rest your case. I am open to learning new things so should you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Dont Worry, Na Hausa-Fulani go suyanize una from Enugu Northern Front, while Ijaws finish you from the coastal southern front. Exact same scenario Just like during the Civil war. Cpoward flattties.
Don't go and be worrying about Portharcourt, be talking about Afonja and your Yoruba landlords. grin
You mean the same way fulanis beat islam into your afonja skulls?

8 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:

We took Islam by choice (Well, those who did)
As we speak Fulanis have their sights on Enugu, they want to make it a grazing reserve.
They succeeded in killing 3 Million flatrons in 2 and a half years between 1967 and 1970, apparently, they need more compressed skulls to decorate the Kaduna-Kano Highway. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by ritababe(f): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:

oduduwa was a banished prince from bini

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Abagworo(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2017
Dedetwo:

It is not a surprise that Dede1's forays on Nairaland were nothing but simple truth.

Are they? I used to enjoy the funny tales but they definitely aren't true.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2017
Efewestern:
this bini people should leave warri out of there madness, why are they dragging warri into this ?, how dare them declare a single tribe as the original owner of warri? , they shouldn't think because people are quite they can tell who owns warri, Urhobo, itskiri and ijaw both control there part in warri and we are happy with that. they should face they land and lets others be.

for those of you calling ijaw land grabber you know nothing about ijaw, ijaw land extend to ondo and Edo, most oil producing communities in Edo are ijaw communities.

they think this is 300yrs ago, try ijaw people, them go show you pepper, overated edo people..

Please Name 5 Ijaw oil communities in EDO.Recall what happened between Jesse Community and Iguelaba? ,a reapeat of that is looming if care is not taken
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by OmoIgala: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

As we speak Fulanis have their sights on Enugu, they want to make it a grazing reserve.
They succeeded in killing 3 Million flatrons in 2 and a half years between 1967 and 1970, apparently, they need more compressed skulls to decorate the Kaduna-Kano Highway. grin

grin cheesy shocked

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2017
ritababe:

Really? But afonjas say he was thrown down from heaven, probably because of his stench.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by DerideGull(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2017
Abagworo:

Are they? I used to enjoy the funny tales but they definitely aren't true.

Did you watch the narrative video that accompanied the post? Did the narrator, an European, ever mention Ijo in the video? One of the major setbacks among African is being apathetic to historical facts. Unlike the Europeans, Africans would rather want to be liked than be truthful with recorded events.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by ritababe(f): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
Really? But afonjas say he was thrown down from heaven, probably because of his stench.

even the ooni of Ife said so himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:

Mumu lol

What could be more stinky than your cannibalistic Ngwa brothers and disorganized Ebonyi people digging grubs from the mud to eat?
Your only respectable traditional institution in Onitsha is a by-product of Benin export.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by DerideGull(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2017
ritababe:

A hopelessly drunk and good for nothing. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

LOL. 3 million defiant children starved to death is more honourable than 40 million grown-up cowards who chose to drink dirty water washed off d koran rather than die like men under dan fodio's sword, don't u think?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Shegzy8(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I will ignore your tone and respond to your points.

Ekhaladeran was no ordinary man or common citizen. He was by all accounts a bini prince who led a major rebellion against the Oba. He had soldiers, supporters, wives and sundry followers in his retinue.
Due to the determination of the palace to find and subdue him, he wandered through many lands and for many years before settling far away in what is now yorubaland.
He would not be the first to fotc
If you read Samuel Johnsons book on the origin of the yoruba.A passage of the book shows that Ife was founded by a rebel prince and he was accompanied by many followers.

Make a valid historical point or rest your case. I am open to learning new things so should you
My brother if an oba existed before your prince left benin,then that means ife and the yoruba race existed before then because the first oba of benin or so was a descendant of oduduwa.thats why benin also use the title "oba"

6 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by back2sender: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2017
This ijaw scallywags have carried thier wahala to Edo. No problem we will place them where dey belong.
This same gelegele that i used as my research babe during my final year projects in the 90s naa ijaws people want to Come and claim as theirs.
As at that time as a student, The ijaws were tenants, so how come dey are now claiming Landlords?.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
LOL. 3 million defiant children starved to death is more honourable than 40 million grown-up cowards who chose to drink dirty water washed off d koran rather than die like men under dan fodio's sword, don't u think?

lol Abeg go siddon, you have no points anymore you are beginning to sound so lame.
What empire in Nigerian history would even be interested in your people who were busy shouting Nne and Nna in the bush while dancing around mud pots of boiling Osu captives while others were building empires and advancing themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by Shegzy8(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2017
ritababe:

For where....thats an irrational claim..if oduduwa was a banished prince how come his descendant(son) became an oba in benin?

7 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2017
ritababe:

even the ooni of Ife said so himself
The ooni was drunk to have made dat statement then. He was not thinking straight to have gone against afonja folklore.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by dederocs(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2017
Karlman:
talkin of bini dat is very smal in number igbo people is d rightful owner of d entire south south and south east but they did no expedition like hausafulani n yoruba thereby allowing minority tribes like d ijaw
The entire Edo and Delta started from Benin, pls read history, cos people like you derail threads for serious people.

The issue ought to be settled amicably, when ego and ancestry is involved, they ain't no winners in that type of rumble... Cos it won't end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by nonsobaba: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol Abeg go siddon, you have no points anymore you are beginning to sound so lame.
What empire in Nigerian history would even be interested in your people who were busy shouting Nne and Nna in the bush while dancing around mud pots of boiling Osu captives while others were building empires and advancing themselves.

Are you trying to run away now that we are getting somewhere? You were conquered and the fulanis supplanted their religion on your afonja skulls. That is ur history.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by vannessa7(f): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:

FYI, Islam is one of the secret of Yoruba, we accepted Islam the same way your people accepted roman catholic and have not been able to grow and find God for yourself unlike we Yoruba's that has since discovered God through various life changing ministries, islam is an import from the Arab to the North and their closest neighbour west, as much as christianity is good Islam puts an end to every affliction, check out cities such as Ilorin, Kaduna, lagos, jos etc, they own their success partly to christianity/Islam combination, only few flatinoes realising this have started to embrace Islam, go and Google the wealth of Dubai, Malaysia etc, you can make it without crime through genuine christianity or Islam , not idolatory Catholicism. google countries with highest rate of cancer and see if there is any Islamic nation there, you know anyone who is constantly sick, tell them to start Islamic prayers and see what happens, Islam is joy and good news, I was a serious Christian for 20 yes before converting so I know what I'm saying, the only clause is lack of blood , unless blood is shed on ones behalf either through ram sacrifice regularly or the blood of Jesus Is used it can lead to such things as boko haram, me I still cover with the blood of Jesus, even when i go to church on Sundays i still come home and pray 5 times islamically, its my insurance. you have no point.

Modified: I need to point out that I don't cover with the blood of Jesus again neither do I attend church services anymore, those were just withdrawal symptoms as a new revert to Islam from christianity, I get solution to all my challenges now by regular congregational prayer in the mosque no matter how big the challenges.

5 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by YonkijiSappo: 11:32am On Mar 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
Are you trying to run away now that we are getting somewhere? You were conquered and the fulanis supplanted their religion on your afonja skulls. That is ur history.

LOL.... Ode!
Better go and save your Imo sisters converting to Islam on this thread. cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/3685483/2-christian-ladies-imo-convert

Chidimma cucumber wants to be Aishat Goro now o. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5008537_fbimg1489650716347_jpeg483bcd13f8e37f4a925b764b66855f38

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by fatiaforreal: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2017
Humanity began in Southern Africa. From there they spread to Ethiopia. From Ethiopia to Congo and Egypt. From Congo to Niger confluence area.

In Niger confluence area, languages and tribes separated. The Igalas, Yorubas, Binis, Igbos etc . Original Ile Ife ( known as first Ife was on the bank of river Niger which Yorubas call odo Oya). When the Binis arrived where they are today, the ijaws were already on ground. This explains why the Ijaw have the oldest quarters in Benin, Ujo-ama, Ijo-ama, meaning Ijaw land. The place became known as Usama. The Ijaws migrated further down to coastal areas where in some cases they met people on ground too.

The bottom line is, Ijaws are the earliest settlers in Benin but that doesn't mean they owned Gelegele. It would be difficult as the Ijaws did not embrace education early enough to document their history..

We are all the same people who evolved into tribes over a period of more than ten thousand years. I laugh when I see Yorubas claiming they came from Arabia or Igbos claiming they're from Israel as these two tribes are actually older than Arabia and Israel, or when some revisionists claim Binis came from Egypt, its pure ignorance of the fact.

Your history is older than when you started having kingdom, and over time we bore different names. Yoruba and Bini are relatively recent names. The ijaws are as old as any of the tribes here. Binis and Yorubas were fortunate to develop a culture of monarchy that helped them to come together to build empires, but that doesn't mean without colonial interventions any of the empires could have survived till date; other peoples and empires too would have risen. If Egypt could fall, no empire can last forever. The earlier we accept the challenges of the modern day better for our development.
Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by hotwax: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2017
Go Benin. Yorubas your brothers are with you.

We are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic by MrSegunAdewole: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2017
but where's TonyeBarcanista grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) / A Response To Femi Falana, An Integrity-Challenged Charlatan (ICC) / Osun Rerun Election: Military Replaces Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.