Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews (24431 Views)

Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2018
Hadampson:
Hardeygbolar nice update... keep it coming bro

How's your health now??
Fine bro, thank you. Updates coming soon..
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 12:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Okay guys... I know I av not been consistent with my updates and all dat... And am really sorry about that... D day I promised to update, my phone fell down and it affected the touch... I just collected it from d engineer dix nite... I would update tomorrow morning
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2018
Continuation......
Derek dragged his worn - out body slowly after Damon and his thugs. He still could not believe how he had gotten into this big mess. He wished he could travel back in time so as to change this moment of his life, but he himself wasn't even sure maybe such exist. All he knew is that it is all some craps he had watch back then in his room while sipping his favourite 'Smirnoff' drink and staring at his '32' inches television. He knew the chance of experiencing a 'time travel' is so thin. He didn't picture he would die anytime soon, not to even talk of being roasted alive while his flesh will later be distributed around like a birthday cake. That single thought made him really sick, and he vowed to do all within his power to make life miserable for these animals. No! He would never give them the chance of them sharing his flesh among themselves......

Kane's only hope of surviving right now is for something to distract the thugs surrounding them as they trudged along the dark passage way. He didn't know what time of the day it is, but he was sure it should be something around or just before nightfall. He had succeeded in removing the rope tied around his hands but still had to pretend because he had no weapon on him, he was just praying for the right time to strike to be a perfect one. He had mastered the art of removing even the 'cops ' hand - cuffs without them even noticing. Now, still looking and walking as if his hands was still firmly tied on his back. He leaned forward at 'Derek' and muttered for them to get out of here which Derek acknowledged to immediately by slightly nodding his head. But the only problem now is that they need a distraction......

"What stunt are you talking about? ". David asked Bob who still had his eyes fixed keenly on him.

"For once I thought you were hit by the bullet or arrow and you already lose consciousness or worse dead, but when I saw you standing up, I was having mixed feelings". Bob explained.

"Oh...that. I just faked it man, I thought it would be the wrong guys coming in but my mind calmed seeing it was our heroes here". David said with a mock bow towards the trio who just came in. They laughed at what he just said but deep inside, Bob was still hurt, so he pursued the issue further.

"What if it had been the bad guys coming in? Is that how you will leave me lying like a coward on the ground?". Bob was getting furious already.

"Hey, easy man. I'm not a coward, I'm a reasonable hero who use his senses so as to fight another day". David was getting angry now, he didn't understand why Bob was taking the matter so serious.

"You hero? "Bob scoffed. David was about to reply but Adams knew he had to step in.

"Hey guys, I need you both to come to your senses". Adams said and paused for his words to sink in. "The last thing we need now is an internal strife among us".

"We are spending too much time here already, if you guys still wanna cool it off with a fair fight, that would be when we reach home and you can take on yourselves at the local wrestling stadium". Maurice added, joking on some of his words, but he hoped they could see the truth and hidden sense in what he had said.

"Let's get out of here at once, we don't have all day". Adams said and he led the way out......
They had been walking for quite a while now but still they couldn't point out any sign of Derek and the others. Jim knew he was taking the right decision but the others didn't think he was sane anymore. They had protested strongly against the idea of going after the thugs, because they are heading to the palace of the 'basil', because they feared that must be their stronghold, but Jim would have none of that and he calmed them, by explaining they don't have to reach the palace if they were fast enough. Jim knew and was sure they must have headed this way and just when he was beginning to get tired of the whole thing, he heard a sound like someone coughing just ahead of them.

"Do you hear that? ". Jim asked facing both Maxwell and Jessica who shook their head negatively. Just when Jim was about to say another word, they heard the cough coming louder not far ahead of them and they swung into immediate action........

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Yewandequeen
Dtobs
Crazygod
Hadampson
Whizkidefe
Sabiboi
Sammyfreshsmooth

E yaff land ooo... Gbam...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Yewandequeen(f): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2018
Ohhhhhhhh. Add more na
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Ohhhhhhhh. Add more na
Dat would be later in the night or early tomorrow morning ma'am, I av to rush to work now.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
Continuation.....
Derek coughed really hard as he held onto his belly, his eyes was swollen and his face has suddenly gone pale, he could feel the eyes of the other people on him and he smiled knowing his plan was gradually turning into a reality. He has now calmed himself but his head was still bowed and his body bent concealing the mischievous smile he had on his face. He could hear the fast approaching steps of two people if he had calculated right. He carefully took his hands to his back, all the while his face still remain bowed...
Kane smiled knowingly as he observed Derek cough out hard and he himself couldn't believe Derek was faking it, the scene felt so real that Kane immediately agreed that Derek must be a great actor if he had ventured into the movie world.

"Can you guys get water for him? He needs to drink water". Kane suggested but the men didn't even take a step to get the water. Kane was infuriated by their attitude and he kept shouting that the men should get the water. But the men still stood just looking at Derek until Damon nodded to one of them and he ran off immediately to get the water. Kane looked at Derek who was still coughing really hard and he saw two men going towards him. He carefully walked backwards towards their weapons and he quickly retrieved a short caliber pistol but he was already seen by one of their captors who immediately raised an alarm.....
Jim quickly released two quick shots in succession as he saw the man bringing out something to attack Kane. Damon who had been observing for a while went berserk immediately after seeing one of his men die right in his front. He brought out an axe wondering where the shots had come from and it wasn't long before he saw Jim and Maurice who were now running towards him. He threw his axe immediately at Jim and it miss him only by a hair's breath. Damon was raging now as he and his men engaged Jim and the others in a really fierce battle. He was still determined to make Jim pay for soiling his plans and he played his last card by bringing out the last weapon on him - a small dagger which he immediately threw at Jim and the knife caught Jim on his belly which made him stagger for a while before falling down with a thud....
"Let's be careful guys, I'm having a strange feeling about this shitty rock". Adams advised but the others never heeded to his warning, instead they continue chattering totally ignoring what Adams was saying. Adams observed his sorroundings and he could see human bones scattered all over the ground and he immediately gasped. Caroline who had been observing Adams for a while slowly trailed her eyes to what Adams was looking and she immediately reacted with a loud scream.....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Continuation
Derek leapt up immediately he heard the shot and he quickly stabbed the first man that had walked up to him, the man who was unaware of Derek's plan fell down like a log of wood after Derek's heavy stab had hit him right in the center of his heart. Derek looked at the second man who had been too shocked to attack him or move backward after seeing his partner lifeless on the floor. Derek smiled after seeing the man expression of utter shock and he quickly threw a punch straight at his gaping mouth and the man staggered backwards, the punch making him dazed for a minute or two. Derek threw a heavy punch at the man once again but the man was quick to duck and he reacted with a punch and a scissors kick which sent Derek sprawled on the floor. The man grinned widely and ran straight to Derek who was still trying to get up and he hit Derek hard with his kneecap which sent him flying a mile or two, his vision turning blur.....
Kane looked alarmed when he heard the sound of gunshots and he quickly ducked thinking the shot was meant for him. He was however surprised when he saw that the bullet had hit the man that tried to attack him. He looked around, searching for where and who his savior had been. His eyes soon found Jim and his lips immediately curved into a smile, he was glad to know he got his back covered. He was still looking at Jim in awe as he attacked with all his might when a dagger hit Jim, right on his belly and he staggered for a while before falling with a thud......
Jim grunted and try really hard to fight the pain he was feeling that moment but it was all in vain. He reached for the spot he had been hit and caressed it cautiously, he smiled, glad that the dagger had not gone so deep. He looked at Kane who still stood rooted to the spot he had been earlier with his mouth gaping open and he shook his head to the right hoping Kane would be able to depict the signal he had given and he wasn't disappointed. Kane looked sideways just in time to see the short devil about to stab him and he quickly retreated backwards, making the knife miss him by a hair's breath. His vision was now becoming blur but he still managed to open his eyes just in time to see about four armed men approaching not far away from where Kane was still battling with Damon - the short devil. He groaned weakly, trying to keep his eyes open and he saw his pistol by his side. He picked it up, pulled the trigger aiming for the men that just came by, two shots rang out and his vision finally failed him, if he was to die he would not die alone, that was his last thought before going into oblivion....
Caroline screams reverberated around the rock and the others after seeing what she had seen were so terrified that they couldn't even move a limb. They just stood there looking at the skulls which appeared to be recent because some still had flesh and blood in them. A crack from their back took their attention away from the skull as they looked keenly in fear of whatever might appear from there and when the monster appeared, they all stared at it with their heart in their mouth. Nobody would have envisaged that it could be an anaconda. "Run". Someone shouted and their brain was immediately reset to factory mode. They broke into a wild run......

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
Sorry that this story has been inconsistent for a while now, am preparing for post ume so I would try to end it nothing more than next week... Thanks for bearing with me....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please don't just read and go, but read and comment... Thanks once again.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2018
Continuation.....
Derek tried to get up once again but his body says otherwise. He could see the man that had kicked him earlier almost close to him now and trying to fight back is not even an option he would consider, not right now. His body was weak and he knew it would only be God's grace if he did not kiss d world goodbye today. Just as the man got to his front, he heard someone screaming and he looked at Kane wondering what made him scream which he soon found out himself. He was disappointed and angry at the same time when he saw Jim's body lying motionlessly on the ground. He couldn't picture how they were to win these people because he sincerely believed only Kane cannot defeat the enemy all alone but his mouth soon broke into a smile when he saw Maxwell still on his feet charging at the enemy, and he couldn't even believe his eyes seeing Jessica throwing a punch or two. He smiled to himself and as if on cue he quickly shifted his body from his earlier position just in time to avoid a dagger that was meant to cut deep into his belly.....
Kane felt his head grew three times his normal size as the effect of short devil's heavy punches cruised through his system. His head felt so heavy and his vision was turning blur but he still managed to stand his ground. He saw the evil smile on short devil's face as he approached him and he tightened his fist ready to pour out all his anger on him. He vowed to make him pay for killing Jim and for all the trouble he had caused. Kane was still thinking about the best way to attack Damon when the latter suddenly launched a scissors kick but Kane was quick to duck and respond with a punch that caught Damon on his nape. He saw the shock expression on damon's face and he smiled a victorious smile. Damon was angry now more than ever, he looked at Kane with his eyes raging and if only looks could kill, Kane would have been dead by now. Kane quickly rushed at Damon who had taken his time to calculate all his moves and just as Kane was about hitting him, he moved swiftly like an antelope before sending a spine breaking punch to Kane's rib which immediately sent him crashing on the ground. Damon grinned victoriously and he quickly retrieved a dagger he had earlier hidden in his side pocket, going straight to Kane who was still writhing in pains.....
The monster continue the chase on Adams and the others as they ran swiftly for dear life knowing a moment break would mean the end for them. They were all exhausted as they have been running for minutes now without taking a break. But they knew if they were to stop for even a second that would be their doom. They could feel the heat emanating from the anaconda's mouth on their backs as the gap between them is just a few steps. Adams decided to do what no sane man could do, he swiftly turned around, face to face with the anaconda and he immediately broke into a race, the anaconda turned back immediately and gave him a hot pursuit....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2018
Its not fair when u squeeze ur precious time to write and at the end people will read without commenting. I mean it really put writers off and this culture has been here on nairaland for a while now but it sincerely has to stop...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by whinnie(f): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nice write up,God bless you!!!!I just hope Jim would make it

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2018
whinnie:
Nice write up,God bless you!!!!I just hope Jim would make it
Thanks man!
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2018
Sorry i av been off 4 a while,would continue d story soon
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by dawno2008(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
hardeygbolar:
Sorry i av been off 4 a while,would continue d story soon

Nice job pls update
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
dawno2008:

Nice job pls update
. Ok bro,i would soon
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Gabriel6(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
i
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by JULI3BAE: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
hardeygbolar:
Ok bro,i would soon
we are still waiting please
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
Continuation......
Derek winced in pain as the dagger meant for his belly hit him hard on arm. He could see his blood dripping on the floor and he felt his head immediately grow bigger. He looked at the man who had hit him and seeing the look of accomplishment on his face made him want to strangle him there and be done with it. He was losing too much blood and he himself knew it is only a matter of time before he would eventually break down. And he promised himself immediately that he would not die alone, he had to kill the man that had stabbed him with the dagger. He staggered up when he saw the man standing straight in his front, peering closely at him. An evil smile crept into the man's face as he saw Derek staggering to stabilize himself and he immediately launched a punch that sent Derek back to his former position....
Jessica was surprised to see two of the armed men that had just came in fall down dead and she turned her head in time just to see that it was Jim who had shot the men. She was however alarmed as she saw the other two rush straight to Jim's position who by now had passed out due to so much of blood loss. The men had an angry look on their faces as they ran straight to where Jim lay motionless brandishing their axe in a really brutal manner. Jessica knew just what they are about to do and she immediately searched around for a weapon but found none , so she charged swiftly like a wounded tiger towards the two men who had all their attention focused on Jim. Just as the first man raised his axe to hit Jim motionless body, Jessica foresee what would happen if she does not act fast and she did the one thing that came into her head, she jumped quickly on the man who was not aware of the assault that was about to be launched on him....
Adams continues running while the anaconda also continue in hot pursuit, he was getting tired already but he knew if he decided resting just for a second that might be his doom , he wiped away the pans of sweats that was already gathering on his forehead without breaking his race. The noise and heat emanating from the anaconda's mouth was enough to set his whole body on fire. He was so exhausted now as he had been running for over five minutes now coupled with the fact that he had not tasted any liquid that day. His throat felt really dry and just as the anaconda was finally closing in on him and it seems all hope was lost, he saw a small hole that couldn't contain the anaconda and his hope was restored, he ran with renewed vigor and in a swift jump he was inside the hole......

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by JULI3BAE: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2018
ENJOYING THIS
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE
WAITING FOR MORE
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by olabunmi1(m): 6:01am On Oct 31, 2018
nice story.Pls more update
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
Continuation
Derek knew if he had to win this man, he had to be fast and clever with his moves. He knew they had no much time because in any minute now these people might get reinforcement. He stood up from where he had crouched observing the man next move and calculating how he would respond to it. He knew the man was very much stronger than him, so he had to be extra careful if at all he's ever going to have a chance in defeating him. He could see the man fierce gaze on him, he knew he had only one last chance and he planned on utilizing it fully. He knew what the man planned for him next is straight death because he has now picked a dagger and was now advancing towards him. Derek didn't allow the man bulky figure to intimidate him, he knew only the wiser person will be standing on his feet in just a matter of seconds. The man swing the dagger and he suddenly stopped in his tracks and just like a raging fire, he immediately ran straight towards Derek who had not predicted the man's movement before them, the man struck an heavy blow with the dagger aiming straight for Derek's belly......
The man staggered forward and try regaining his balance but Jessica didn't give him the chance to do that, she knew if she didn't act fast she would kiss the world goodbye soon. She quickly did the first thing that came to her head, still on the man's back, she bit the man on his ear so hard that the man had no choice than to fall flat on his face. The other man seeing what Jessica has done to his partner, advanced slowly towards Jessica who was getting up from the floor where the man she bit has fallen. She was unaware of the assault that was about to be launched on her, she had her back facing where the other man was coming from and all her attention was still focused on the man rolling in agony on the ground. She knew it is only a matter of seconds before the man would stand up again because she knew she only did little damage to him. She picked up the man's axe planning on finishing him off, but just as she was about hitting the man, she felt something heavy hit her head and she screamed before falling down with her vision going blur, the last thing she saw was the sinister smile on the face of the man after which everything goes dark......
Kane's heart missed a beat when she saw that Damon was about to stab him, he knew if he didn't act fast that might be the last time he would be seeing the world. He was confused as to what to do, he wouldn't like to die this young not to talk of dying this way. Just as Damon position the dagger to hit Kane who by now has resigned to fate and closed his eyes, they suddenly heard an ear piercing scream and Kane quickly opened his eyes to see Jessica falling down with a thud. He felt really angry, he was engaged to see her that way, he swore under his breath not to let anything happen to him. He looked up at Damon to see his gaze fixed at the scene and he knew immediately if he didn't utilize that golden chance he would be doomed, with a renewed vigor, he suddenly kicked Damon who staggered backwards while the weapon on his hand fell on the ground.....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Juli3bae
Olabunmi1

Sorry I don't always update on time, school stress and all that has been having its toll on me
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2018
Continuation....
Derek managed to shift making the dagger a narrow miss on his belly. He was breathing heavily like a man who had just completed a marathon race. He touched his head while still observing his assailant next move and he was shocked to see his head bleeding. He weakly stood up still not taking his eyes off his assailant just incase if he wanted to launch another attack. He staggered backwards still trying to gain his balance. His whole body was weak and he couldn't even take a rest even though he felt like taking a nap, he knew if he had tried that it would be his doom. Just when he was about relaxing thinking the man would not launch any attack soon, he saw the man suddenly ran towards him and throw a punch which caught him unaware on his jawline and blood splatter out of his mouth, he could swear he has lost a tooth or more, he has not recovered from the earlier onslaught when the man launched another kick on his stomach which make him grunt and fall flat on the ground rolling in pains. The man got ready to finish him off as he walked towards him raising his dagger ready to attack, he thought Derek didn't see him advance towards him but he was wrong, just as he raised the dagger aiming straight for Derek's belly, Derek kicked him hard on his genital area and the man screamed really hard, it was obvious he was in excruciating pains as he held on to the area Derek had kicked. Derek got up gently, took the dagger that the man had intended using on him before and hit him straight on his belly, the man gave an ear piercing scream but Derek continue hitting the man hard with the dagger until the man finally gave up the ghost, his belly area badly mutilated........
Kane seeing that his assailant had been down promptly sat on his belly and immediately started raining punches on his face. However, short devil managed to maneuver his way out of Kane's firm grip while massaging his battered face. Kane launched another kick aiming for his opponent belly but short devil was faster, he moved swiftly backwards and expertly dive for Kane's outstretched leg, he caught it before Kane could withdraw it and he dragged him closer to him and he landed an heavy punch on his face. The effect of the punch made Kane kiss the ground, he was completely dazed for a while and he tried to adjust his eyes in order to know the short devil's next move but he couldn't. He pricked his ears trying to read his next move with his mind but the noise from others around couldn't make him concentrate. He managed to get on his knees rubbing his eyes and just when his eyes was adjusting to the environment he was, another kick from short devil sent him back to the his earlier position. He was seeing more clearly now, he could see the evil smirk on short devil's ugly face as he retrieved a knife from his pocket and immediately marched towards him. Kane knew short devil meant business this time around about finishing him off so he braced up for the attack pretending he was still temporarily blind and his hope came alive when short devil decided to kick him, he quickly held onto his leg and dragged him down unto the ground, he saw the knife on short devil's hand fall beside him and just when he was about picking it short devil got on his belly and immediately punches after punches was being rained on him. Even when short devil continue raining punches on him, he didn't let that bother him, he managed to locate the knife he had earlier seen and buried it in short devil's back......
"I just hope Adams would be okay, I can't bear the thought of seeing him hurt". Caroline stated solemnly. She had been unable to think straight since Adams had left her and the others in a bid to distract the anaconda. Angela moved closer to her, held her hand and whispered some soothing words into her ears. "Adams is gonna be fine, I believe he can take care of himself ". Bob affirmed. "But he couldn't outrun the anaconda, don't you see how the beast moves with such a great speed? ". Caroline questioned. She still refused to believe all they had been saying, she felt they are just trying to make her feel better. "He would be fine, let's get going ".
Adams checked his wrist to ascertain the damage done after he had jumped and he was surprised to see blood oozing from there. He just lay on the spot he had jumped trying to catch his breath. He observed that he also had a cut on his head and he tried to recall how he got the scar but couldn't. He knew he had to leave this place at once because the others would be worried about him. He tried to get up but couldn't, his ankle was sprained. He grunted in pain as he finally managed to get up and for the first time he noticed he was in a narrow underground........
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2018
Though school has been really hectic, I would try to finish this story next week...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Continuation..
Derek wore a fulfilling smile after he had defeated the man, he wondered why he didn't feel any remorse for just killing an human being like him and he consoled himself with the fact that if he didn't kill the man, the man would kill him. He knew for them to survive in this unknown land they had to be brutal, merciless because an iota of mercy could mean they would kiss the world goodbye. He got up from where he crouch and saw Jessica on the floor very close to Jim who was also on the floor. He immediately foresee danger when he saw Jessica twitch and that alerted the man that had hit her earlier as he immediately reached for his axe planning on finishing Jessica off but Derek immediately swung into action, he wouldn't allow this motherfucker kill Jessica without a fight..........
Short devil grunted and still try to stand up to fight for a fight but the pain that he was experiencing that moment would not give him a chance to do that. He however tried to remove the knife from his back since it didn't go so deep but Kane was fast to foresee what he was trying to do, he quickly took a dagger he saw close by with the aim of finishing him off but just as he was about using the dagger, someone kicked him from behind and he staggered forward, the dagger falling from his hands. He knew whoever kicked him must still be trying to launch another attack so he tactical ran forward and his assailant immediately dashed after him, if only he knew what Kane had had in mind he wouldn't have done that. Kane knew just what he had to do to get rid of him, he iinstantly stopped and turned around to see the man really close to him in a full sprint, the man couldn't turn back or stop in his tracks he was too close to Kane and that was an opportunity for him. When Kane was sure the man was close enough, he quickly bent down and side stepped the man before launching a kick to his back and the man fell face flat on the floor................
Just immediately they proceeded on their journey, they began to ear another crack on the rocks, they knew the anaconda is about coming back for them and they were not ready to experience what happened earlier. "Run". Someone shouted among them and they all break into a wild run.
Adams heard the crack as the place began to shake, he foresee another scenario from the anaconda and he knew immediately the others would be in trouble. He immediately increase his spree as he head back to where he thought they might be, he was going to make sure no harm would come unto them...............
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2018
Continuation......
Derek quickly stepped in between the man that was about to harm Jessica and he headbutted him which make the man stagger backwards. The man was surprised and at the same time angry that Derek obstructed him from finishing off Jessica and he cursed silently under his breath, his eyes raging with fury. Derek was however not perturbed by the man's act, he just stood on a spot observing the man's every move. He didn't allow the man lanky frame to get to him, nor his howling. He had faith in himself that defeating the man would be an easy task. The man flexed his huge muscles, hoping that would scare off Derek as it had always worked on the others but Derek was not moved by any of his antics. The man was now upset now more than ever, he decided to try one of his other tricks and he immediately began moving around Derek in circles, hoping he would get confused and become dazed which he would immediately use that moment to strike, but Derek was smarter than him. He also begin moving around in circles following the man's movement instead of standing in one position in which his assailant has hoped he would do and now the man was confused and he didn't know what trick to use again. Derek immediately hear a gun shot right from his back and his assailant fell down face flat, dead.......
"Bleep you". The man cursed Kane from the floor and spat out blood. "Well, seems you are the one getting bleeped buddy! "Kane replied calmly. He gently walk towards the man and saw the man point towards a direction and Kane followed immediately with his eyes, if only he had known what the man was up to he would not have answered. He was angry and surprised at seeing that short devil was running away towards that direction and he was about dashing after him when he felt a kick hit him on his back, he grunted and fell down on the ground. Kane immediately tried getting up but couldn't, the man was using his feet to pin him down to the ground and worse it was the part he was injured. He shouted, kicked and hit the man but none of that made the man stop or make him flinch. He pressed even harder and just like a magic Kane saw a flash of something hit the man and in a moment he was down.......
"That was a close call to death ". Maurice gasped.
"Adams must still be in there". Caroline mused. Maurice moved closer to her, held her hand. "He's going to be fine, I believe in him. We all believe in him". Maurice assured looking at the others for support. They all knew if it was not for Adams who had taken the bold step of distracting the snake, they might all be dead by now. The rock crumbled down even harder and their hope was dwindling at each passing moment. Caroline suddenly ran towards the crumbling but Maurice was fast in stopping her from doing something stupid. "What are you trying to do? ". He questioned but Caroline would have none of it. She struggled to free herself from Maurice's grip but couldn't. "I can't leave him all alone in there, let me go save him". Caroline cried out. "I'm here already, you don't need to".......
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Continuation...
Derek looked shocked to see the man had been killed with a gun. He quickly ducked, thinking the shot was meant for him but what he saw next next made him jump for joy. "What the Bleep! " Derek exclaimed. "Abraham, what are you doing here? "He question further. "To save you bro ". Abraham replied and they shook hands. "Hope we are not late? ". Jerry questioned and Derek noticed him for the first time. "No man! You came right on time. Kane was also surprised and at the same time glad they came. The last time he saw them was in the underground cellar. He had a lot of questions to ask but quickly got ready for a fight when he saw two unknown men step into the room. "Friendly, friendly!! ". Abraham repeated and immediately introduce the men that had just came in. "These are sergeant Collins and lieutenant peters ". Abraham paused allowing his words to sink into their head. "They are here to save us". Derek sighed. He was glad this would be all over soon. Derek extended his hand for and sergeant Collins shook it, his grip was firm and his arm was huge, typical of a military man. He also shook the other man and he concluded this men are really worth the name - army. Kane also did the same and they begin making preparation about moving out and saving the others.
"Are you okay? "Caroline asked with a look of worry.
"I'm fine ". Adams smiled reassuringly and Caroline nodded, she was glad no harm has come to him and she quickly embraced Adams, circling her arms over his back and Adams grunted. "What is that? ". Caroline enquired. Adams didn't reply, he knew he had to play smart so she would forget about the matter. He had cut himself when he had jumped, running from the anaconda. He looked at Caroline as she tried to access the wound and quickly moved back. "Its nothing dear, I will be fine ". Adams said and held her hand from probing further .
Adams moved closer to the others and shook hands with the guys while he embraced the ladies. They were all glad to have him back....
The basil sat down on his throne, observing Damon who bent his head in some sort of obeisance. He was really angry as it was evident in his countenance. He suddenly got up and walked closer to Damon and he bent low, bringing himself to his position. "How could you allow them defeat you like that? "
"I... I... "Damon was stuttering when the basil cut him off.
"I want no excuse from you, no excuse!! "He thundered.
Damon was shivering all over with fear, it was obvious he was afraid of the man.
"Just give me one more chance and I would make sure I bring them back here ". Damon said, finally looking up, his gaze meeting the basil.
"Fine, you will get the one chance and not just one chance, its the last chance. Failure this time should not be one of your options ". He said and marched back to his throne.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:59pm On May 08, 2019
I will continue this story soon....school work has been real stressful...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Continuation....
"Alpha team found the other peeps, let's get out of here already". Sergeant Collins announced after speaking over the comms. "Does the other team mention any name of those found?". Kane questioned. They were walking along a lonely bush path now.
" Yea". Sergeant Collins paused as if trying to recollect something, he then added."Adams, Maurice and Caroline were some of them, and they found the other kids in the cellar too".
"Good news, I think we are complete now". Derek pointed out. He had Jim hoisted up on his shoulder. He was glad they were finally leaving this accursed place for good. He looked at Kane who had his hands around Jessica's shoulder and nodded. Kane smiled back in return and gave him a thumbs up. He grimaced and squeezed his face, Jim's heavy weight was beginning to get to him. But he had to endure, Jim's leg was badly sprained and he had volunteered to carry him so as to hasten their steps. They were close to the road their bus somersaulted now. He could recognize the inscription written with blood when they first arrived and he suddenly felt elated. His joy was however cut short when he saw an arrow wheezed pass Jessica's ear. They all looked back and he could see about fifty or more men all armed with weapons. He was terrified. He instantly recognized short devil leading them and he was terrified the more........
" They must be close by now". Adams said glancing at the direction he knew Derek and the others will come out from. The team of four soldiers that went to explore the cellar had been back in a while. The only thing they are waiting for now is for the others to come so they can all take off. "How far is the village from here?". Captain Scott queried rubbing his chin. He looked handsome in his full army regalia and quite tall too. Adams could swear he had never see a man as tall as he is, and he had broad shoulders that made Adam look like the little David in the bible. The only difference is that in Adam's case he would be the one to be beaten.
"I'm not really sure, it's just some miles ahead. Not up to thirty minutes by foot".
"If I didn't see them between ten minutes I will go look for them". Captain Scott stated.....
" Get down". Sergeant Collins barked and they all got down flat on their belly.
"How many rounds do you have with you?" Sergeant Collins asked the lieutenant.
"I stilll got about five".
The sergeant nodded. He knew they were greatly outnumbered but they still had to fight back these rebels. They are getting closer to them, he had to do something.
" Anyone here knows how to handle a weapon? "
"I do". Kane answered first. Then came a nod from Derek and two other guys.
"Good, we are outnumbered ten to one here, we have do all we can, we would prevent them from getting through while the ladies and the injured ones get help". He relayed his plans to them and nodded to the lieutenant who understand what he meant and he brought out two revolvers to the guys. The captain also handed two revolvers to Derek and Kane. The rebels are running towards them now with axe in hand and some with cross bows.
" Go,go,go..now". Sergeant Collins said nudging Jessica and Jim to lead them to safety.
"Now spread out". The Sergeant ordered.
" I will take them from the left flank, four of you in the middle ". The sergeant explained pointing to Derek and the others. " You take the right flank". He told lieutenant Peter and they all obeyed immediately.
"Stay as low as possible"
"Roger that"
Then came arrows from different angles. The team of six responded with heavy sound of gunshot..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story) / Grace / Remember Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.