Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together (20988 Views)

Lagos IGR Hits 103.4billion Naira In First Quarter Of 2018 / Nigeria’s Debt Rises By N7.1tn In Two Years - Minister of Finance / NOI POLL: Nigerians Rate Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

If you remove Ikeja, the other developed parts of Lagos were part of the Lagos Federal Territory set up by the Colonialist and Federal Govt pre-1976
you are illiterate your own post indicts you. Do you know the function of a Comma?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

If you remove Ikeja, the other developed parts of Lagos were part of the Lagos Federal Territory set up by the Colonialist and Federal Govt pre-1976
you are illiterate your own post indicts you. Do you know the function of a Comm a?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by napoleon77(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2017
aribisala0:
you are illiterate your own post indicts you. Do you know the function of a Comm a?

So you now resort to insults if you can't make a mature argument in a public forum?
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by bakynes(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

All in all Lagos is our land and its not our fault it has been blessed to be the seat of the British Administration and the Federal Capital. Our land is blessed with the deepest sea port in the country doesn't need dredging and direct to the Atlantic Ocean.

We are accommodating and friendly to everyone both foreigners and other Nigerian tribes that is what is making everyone to come to Lagos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

This argument is derailing.

Are we talking about the whole of the state or you want us to talk about only the developments of the parts of Lagos that were never part of the original Lagos Federal Territory and Colony?
I don'the know what you mean.This thread is about Lagos state and its IGR so stop talking about colonial Lagos which is different entity fro lagos state. Lagos state is also different from Lagos the former FCT.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by ghenghen23(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2017
There's nothing to celebrate. Oil revenue at work. Nigeria really needs to diversify her economy.
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Orpe7(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2017
talkofnaija:
I am not surprised, a state that has the major airport station in the country, a state where major multinational companies are house, an oil producing state, a state which is overpopulated and the gov't decided decided to use tax as a means of generating revenues, a state where almost everything has a value added cost on goods and service. If a state has all these characteristics and it's backward, then that state should be questioned based on it monthly cash flow .

The location of Lagos is in no doubt at good advantage to it development.

I won't deny the fact that Lagos have numerous advantages due to the location of lndustries all over it land mass, but I will also say the truth by applauding the present and past government on their viable policies toward the moving forward of Lagos.

MEANWHILE
WATCH VIDEO OF BOY AND GIRL CAUGHT DOING IT IN CCTV FOOTAGE. >>>http://www.uk-mmm.tk/p/shame-boy-and-girl-caught-doing-it-in.html?m=1

Dem say make other states no develop? Always leeching off the government instead
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Orpe7(m): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Lagos is everyone's state just as Abuja is everyone's capital.

Keeping dream and telling yourself that. Dont go and develop your own state

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

So you now resort to insults if you can't make a mature argument in a public forum?
illiterate is a descriptive not an insult. You posted a screen shot as evidence when it contradicts you.so clearly you have a literacy challenge. If not totally illiterate
Do you wish to retract your claim that Epe, Ikorodu etc were part of the FCT?

7 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by RockHard: 10:12am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

Get your facts right! Lagos (the state where I was born and have paid taxes before I relocated) has been apart from other areas in Nigeria for over a century.

Lagos was the first part of Nigeria to become a British Colony. In 1861.

Lagos has been capital of Nigeria in one form or the other for over a hundred years. Long before the FG moved to Abuja in 1991 (not too sure of the year).

The gap that Lagos has over other states and regions in Nigeria can't be attributed to recent governments or political parties.

The British Colonialist ruled over Lagos from 1861 to 1960- 99 years! Longer than they even ruled over Nigeria.

Lagos ìs the most developed place in Nigeria BUT not because of any recent state govt or political party.

Who built the 3 mainland bridges? Who built Ikoyi and VI? Who made multinationals come to Lagos? All these happened decades before all this PDP, AC, ACN, APC and even NPN and UPN issues.

Guy, you seem to have comprehension issues. I don't know what your grouse is with Lagos, but stick to the topic and calm the fvck down. In anycase you sound pained and are talking crap. We are talking about IGR here. Google is your friend you know? As at 1999, when Tinubu became governor of Lagos, the state annual IGR was a paltry N15-billion naira and the state was practically bankrupt. Go and Read about how Tinubu increased that IGR to N60-billion.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Today Ambode has increased the state IGR to N300-billion annually.

Whether you accept it or not, Lagos of today didn't just happen. No. It experienced deterioration and abandonment after it stopped being capital since 1991 -- more than a quarter of a century ago. It took quality, focused and visionary leadership to resurrect and rejuvenate her.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by napoleon77(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2017
aribisala0:
illiterate is a descriptive not an insult. You posted a screen shot as evidence when it contradicts you.so clearly you have a literacy challenge. If not totally illiterate

You are a funny person!

I won't act like you and call you illiterate.

How does my screenshot contradict me? Do you still insists that only 2 or 3 LGAs and not the whole state was capital of Nigeria until 1991?
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by ipobbigot7: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Lagos is everyone's state just as Abuja is everyone's capital.

I know it we must have the Jews coming to claim something on Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Basic123: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

This is an error many people keep making about the face-off between Tinubu and OBJ.

The FG during the final years of OBJ's tenure did not withhold Lagos State Govt allocations. What was withheld were the allocations of funds due to the LGA's in the state. So it's wrong to say the state govt survived without allocations from the Federation Account. It was the Local Govt Authorities that were denied allocations.
No be joint account dem dey use.Denying them local gov allocation is as good as not given lagos state.

you cannot deny the fact that lagos state LGA and LCDA still thrive from lagos IGR and allocation without putting stress on state finance itself.

That tells you how strong is the Lagos IGR and how financially independent she could be from abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2017
RockHard:

Guy, you seem to have comprehension issues. I don't know what your grouse is with Lagos, but stick to the topic calm the fvck down. In anycase you sound pained and are talking crap. We are talking about IGR here. Why not use google to spare yourself unnecessary embarrassment. Google is your friend you know? As at 1999, when Tinubu became governor of Lagos, the state annual IGR was a paltry N15-billion naira and the state was practically bankrupt. Read about Tinubu he increased that IGR to N60-billion.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Today Ambode has increased the state IGR to N300-billion annually.

Whether you accept it or not, Lagos of today didn't just happen. No. It experienced deterioration and abandonment after it stopped being capital since 1991 -- more than a quater of a century ago. It took quality, focused and visionary leadership to resurrect and rejuvinate her.

The plan was for Lagos to decay. Look at the stadium federal secretariat and so on.
Without vision and leadership we would have been singing another song

Truth is Laos is better than ever before

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

You are a funny person!

I won't act like you and call you illiterate.

How does my screenshot contradict me? Do you still insists that only 2 or 3 LGAs and not the whole state was capital of Nigeria until 1991?
absolutely not the whole state. Clearly you are ignorant. No educated Nigeria would say Lagos state was capital

6 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by RockHard: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
aribisala0:

The plan was for Lagos to decay. Look at the stadium federal secretariat and so on.

Don't mind that guy. He's prolly an igbo guy. E dey pain dem say Yoruba people no allow Lagos to DIE (so that they can gloat) as was intended by those that terminated her FCT status. If the state had failed to rise from neglect they would have blamed its Yoruba administrators for running it to the ground. But since it's a success they want to rewrite its success story. But thank God the records are there for all to see. Olorun ju won lo. cool

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Basic123: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
aribisala0:

That is why I always say that,lagos being the formal capital never contribute anything to its present greatness.The city is just destined to be great courtesy of the fact that it is the only state that escaped from military rule after 1999 (The party with the military wing).

Had it being lagos has been ruled by PDP all this why,lagos will not be different from Aba or even worse.
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by napoleon77(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
I don't seem to understand how some people take my views out of context and how someone I thought I was having an intelligent argument with will turn and say I am illiterate. But let's leave that.

My argument has always been that Lagos is the most developed part of Nigeria. Yes. But you can't attribute that development to recent govts in Lagos.

The Lagos State Govt official website even clearly acknowledges the part Colonialist, the Federal Govt, the economic boom of the 60s and 70s etc played in developing the colony, Federal Territory and State.

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by ehinmowo: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
there is no state in Nigeria that has no capacity to generate what she receives frm FG bt what we have now are parasites and clueless pple occupying offices everywhere
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Charly68: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2017
The result is a product of financial plan & management. All those who are making noise without putting brain on motion can not experience positive turn around. It means with Lagos alone,the west can chose to be in opposition &still progress. This has been the secret of Awolowo's politics since post independence era. Tinubu understudied the system very well & built on it & that is the more reason he won't allow just any man to govern Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by napoleon77(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
aribisala0:
absolutely not the whole state. Clearly you are ignorant. No educated Nigeria would say Lagos state was capital

I rest my case with you.
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
Ogene001:

Lagos extension into ogun should be carved out and joined to Lagos, Ogun should show us what they have achieved in abeokuta. any slight shifting of this boundary will have ogun behind ekiti
It would just be a matter of time before the development reaches that other side of Ogun. You have to understand that development from Lagos can only move north-ward or east-word therefore Ogun would always benefit from lag
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2017
Standing5:
No need for the premature chest-beating, Can Lagos survive without allocation?

Why are you people like this Na... Haba. They said Lagos states internally Generated revenue is more than 33 states combined. You are still talking about Lagos not surviving without allocation.

A certain man bought a dog that could swim. The man happily called his friends to check out his amazing dog. He took them to a Riverside where he would showcase his swimming dog. The dog swam to and fro amazingly but he man's friends didn't applaud the dog. They all said; your dog can swim but it can't walk on water.

Always see the good more than the bad, it gives long life.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:
I don't seem to understand how some people take my views out of context and how someone I thought I was having an intelligent argument with will turn and say I am illiterate. But let's leave that.

My argument has always been that Lagos is the most developed part of Nigeria. Yes. But you can't attribute that development to recent govts in Lagos.

The Lagos State Govt official website even clearly acknowledges the part Colonialist, the Federal Govt, the economic boom of the 60s and 70s etc played in developing the colony, Federal Territory and State.
In Nigera there are towns and cities that bear the name of their states
Sokoto
Oyo
Kano
Lagos
Ondo
Enugu
Bauchi
and so on.
When you say Lagos you need to be clear.

On this thread we are talking about IGR of LAGOS STATE but you keep referencing Colonial Lagos and Lagos the Former FCT
Before independence Nigeria had a 3 regions Western,Northern and Eastern and LAGOS the FCT . It had ministers one of whom was the late Yar'adua's father.
in 1967 Lagos state was created by taking parts of the Western region and adding it to the FCT and calling it Lagos state with capital at Ikeja. This did not trasnform the entire state into FCT. Those of us from the state know these things.
Lagos state used to have 5 administrative divisions
Epe,Ikorodu,Lagos,Badagry and Ikeja. Four of those Five Divisions were in the Western Region except the Lagos Division. Some parts of the Lagos Division e.g Aguda were in the Western Region.
So when you keep banging on about Lagos we need to be clear what you mean. There is an Oba of Lagos. He is not the Oba of Lagos State.He is not even the Oba of the Lagos division.
Lagos that was the FCT is very easy to identify. Where was the Supreme Court,Federal Secretariat, National Assembly ,State House and so on?
Lagos when used to refer to Lagos state and IGR has atotall different meaning to colonial Lagos or FCT Lagos.
80-90% of the Land mass of Lagos State was from the Western Region. Ikeja the industrial hub was developed by the Western Region

Airport Hotel in Ikeja a very old structure belongs to the O'odua group of companies which was owned by the Western Region.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by aribisala0(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2017
Basic123:
That is why I always say that,lagos being the formal capital never contribute anything to its present greatness.The city is just destined to be great courtesy of the fact that it is the only state that escaped from military rule after 1999 (The party with the military wing).

Had it being lagos has been ruled by PDP all this why,lagos will not be different from Aba or even worse.
So why is IGR not soaring in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by sshalom(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2017
Good development. In continuing to drive this even higher, LASG should consolidate on all ongoing projects and take on even more ambitious ones like the 4th Mainland Bridge, inter-modal transportation, massive housing etc. It will all come together to turn the state into a major economic powerhouse not only in Africa but in the world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

Yes I agree that The FCT status left an indelible mark on Lagos. But you can't attribute the success of Lagos exclusively to the FCT status. If Lagos is doing well right now its because some ppl are sustaining it. The issue with most Nigerian states isn't a money problem but a policy one and if you compare the policies of Lag to other states you would discover that Lagos is more progressive Than all other states.......

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

Yes I agree that The FCT status left an indelible mark on Lagos. But you can't attribute the success of Lagos exclusively to the FCT status. If Lagos is doing well right now its because some ppl are sustaining it. The issue with most Nigerian states isn't a money problem but a policy one and if you compare the policies of Lag to other states you would discover that Lagos is more progressive Than all other states....
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by stonemasonn: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2017
napoleon77:

Lagos ìs the most developed place in Nigeria BUT not because of any recent state govt or political party.

you are wrong, most of the infrastructures built by the FG when Lagos was FCT are old and dilapidated and have become very expensive to even maintain or rebuild.

The advantage Lagos had was the major sea port and it is still an advantage till today.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by 989900: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

[s]No more messiah buhari? we now need one of the kleptomaniac lagos governors for Nigeria to progress.. Agents of confusion[/s]
Re: Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together by AtlanticBreeze: 11:02am On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=989900 post=54639951][/quote]
All SW buhari suppoerters right now cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes / APC Members Burn Their Brooms, Join PDP In Kano As They Sing 'Sai Mun Bata Wuta' / Alhassan Rejects Taraba Governorship Election Results, Calls It Daylight Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.