Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States (25290 Views)

House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Buhari Orders Finance Ministry To Pay Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by LivingHuman: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, to act appropriately and with dispatch in releasing the second tranche of the London-Paris Club refunds to the states in order to ease their financial hardships.

According to a statement released on Thursday by the Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari, Garba Shehu, the President, who addressed the meeting of the National Economic Council made up of State Governors and chaired by the Vice-President on Thursday in Abuja, however, made a strong case for settlement of unpaid salaries and pension liabilities of their workers.

“I will not rest until I address those issues that affect our people. One of these basic things is the issue of salaries. It is most important that workers are able to feed their families, pay rent and school fees, then other things can follow,” he said.

President Buhari, who went round the Council Chambers to greet the governors one after another, praised the unity of the Forum of State Governors. He thanked them profusely for their display of “love and respect” to him.

The President said he was overwhelmed by his recent experience in which states, irrespective of political differences charged their citizens to pray in mosques and churches for his well-being and apologized to Governors for barring them from visits to him while he rested in London.

“I didn’t want government to move to London. I wanted it to remain here and I am glad it did,” he said.

After narrating what he went through while on that vacation, President Buhari noted the suggestion by the Governors for him to add more rest, but insisted that he would remain relentless in the pursuit of the interest of the Nigerian people at all times.

This, according to him, was the only way to show his gratitude to the people who, he said, “had given so much to me. I was overwhelmed by the celebration of my return all across the country.”

The Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, Abdul-Aziz Yari of Zamfara State assured the President, on behalf of his colleagues, that they will continue to support his policies and actions which they had adjudged as being in the nation’s best interest.

The governors of Imo, Akwa-Ibom, Osun and Abia States thanked President Buhari for saving the day for states through the first tranche of the London-Paris Club refunds while calling for the immediate release of the second one.

They also commended the trust the President reposed in the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, whom they said did not disappoint when he acted as President.

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/president-buhari-directs-ministry-of.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by LivingHuman: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by veekid(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2017

constituted authority, come and collect your share

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by techq: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
cool
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by KiNiBiGd: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by softmind24: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
good news

The governors can have enough to steal

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Deem: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by pussyAvenger: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
poster above me...u deserve letter bomb

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by brunofarad(m): 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Wow

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by eseun11: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
D king is back,,,, sai baba

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hope the money will be put to good use

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by dhamstar(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
BUHARI IS WORKING!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Tbillz(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Yaya Bellout can your hear that? Stop Investing KOGI money in zone 12, Mercy Johnson n fam, Young thugs!!!
Nemesis is a bi+ch, it will come back to lash U in a d0ggy style.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Arewa12: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Issoke
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Nusaf: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Enemies of state will not be happy with this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Fkforyou(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Omo...Just 9 comments and it's already in FP
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by funso4life(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
i hope some state do not embezle the money o just use it to pay one month salary
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by nairaman66(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
Good move

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Amustical(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
This money nna dey share, make nna remember there's god oooooo
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Cajal(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
God BLESS PMB. ]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by DaniDani(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
Bubu is now acting matured, the sickness really touched his sense of reasoning such that he realized he's a mortal.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by inforesource: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
Is lala your comment?
Back to the topic. PMB is a changed man oooo. Wow! I love those words. Well spoken sir.

LivingHuman:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by teelaw4life(m): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Realdeals(m): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
Buhari should banish both Daura and sack Kyari! They are making him less popular.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by sammyj: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
This government has gone on a looting mission especially when the next election time table is out. Hope PMB understands the impact this will have on the state after our so called governors are done looting this funds. angry shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by guy30stainless(m): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
Welcome development, meanwhile check my profile fr your stainless jobs.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by justmenoni: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2017

veekid:

constituted authority, come and collect your share
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
I do hope the state governors would make an effective use of the funds to the good welfare of the citizens.
God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by kshore: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose will have nothing to nag about grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by ibkgab001: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Siki siki ma mii owo wole dey ....

Fayose ... Fanikayode... Temitemi

EYIN DA OOOOOOOOOO

Shall we pray !

Oh lord anyone that plans negative things about this money will never live to see tommorrow .. Please all Governors should try and spend that money judiciously

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by rozayx5(m): 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
cheesy cheesy

more money for Governors to loot and the endless circle continues

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by obagangan: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
they say he is not active. the say he is the one behind the problem of the masses.

long live president muhammadu Buhari.
God Bless Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RECAP: BREAKING: There'll Be War If They Rig This Election, Says Uche Secondus / COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing / How Obiano’s Court Order Failed To Prevent His Arrest At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.