Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States (25303 Views)

House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Buhari Orders Finance Ministry To Pay Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by FunkyMetahuman: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
veekid:

constituted authority, come and collect your share
that gap tooth bastard still won't pay salary

They should just hold on to the money till after his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Btruth: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ogun state share should be given directly to the contractors oooo, as Governor Amosu have decided not to do or complete any of the projects on ground again before he leave office.

sad

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Godfullsam(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
I need my own share.

Don't give my share to my governor, give it to me sad
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by HeGeMon(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
Huh! 2019 savings, jare
kropotkin2:
Hope the money will be put to good use
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Ijaya123: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
sammyj:
This government has gone on a looting mission especially when the next election time table is out. Hope PMB understands the impact this will have on the state after our so called governors are done looting this funds. angry shocked

It is your responsibility to hold your state governor to account for such money, not PMB.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
another presidential blunder. why will mr president give such other even when he is aware that this monies will surely be diverted to private pockets. he seems to have forgotten so soon what happen to d bailout given to state nd what became of them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by ajalaolanr(m): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
veekid:

hahahahahahahah
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by HonabFaj(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Lagos is waiting to the second batch
Plan to use its Paris refund money to kick start Bus Reform Initiative with N30BN

We decided that the best thing is to allow the yellow buses go and so the Bus Reform Initiative itself is a three-year plan of 2017 to 2019 in which it intends to bring in new buses of 5,000 units in the three-year plan.
The bigger size buses will take 70 people and then the medium range buses will take 30 people.
You are aware that the Federal Government paid the refund of the Paris Club Loan last December and this is a money belonging to the State Governments due to the refund and so Lagos State decided not to touch its share of the Paris Club refund. Right now, we have a sinking fund of N14.5billion that is already put in place to drive this public transportation bond.
“We refused to touch our money and we believe that the second batch of the refund should be paid next month and eventually that will be N29billion that we will have. I will add another N1billion to it making it N30billion to kick start this initiative.
“By the time we have N30billion as sinking fund to drive the bus initiative against the bond of N100billion that we want to put into the market, there will be that credibility and credence that the bond will drive itself and that is the whole idea,” Governor Ambode said.

LAGOSIANS Are YOu READY
Eko oni Baje
Itesiwaju Eko
#MegaCity
#ANewLAgos
#ANewNigeria
We Plan for it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by 3283Abokination(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kogi Shouldn't Be Given Any Money Cos,alot Of Civil Sarvant Av Nt Bn Paid,and Has Arise Alot Of Crime In D State
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by sniperr007(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
Later they will say pdp was wasteful. They are all wasteful. The system is wasteful.

What will this clueless governors do with the money?
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by eph123(f): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
Lanre4uonly:
I do hope the state governors would make an effective use of the funds to the good welfare of the citizens.
God bless Nigeria.

We need proper systems in place for this to become a reality. As long as we don't, governors will continue to do what they like with funds.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by jamislaw(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
This man don yellow pass before o.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by mmsen: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
So this is the 'change' that the akuya voted for?

I fail to see any difference between this APC government and the previous PDP governments that were so corrupt that Nigeria had to turn to a corpse.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by greall12(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
those insulting PMB and wishing him dead re not be fair to him,,,, I feel for him,,, may Allah continue to reward him abundantly,,,
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by nwabudan25: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
He is not active the meeting is been chaired by VP why? yesterday he was with ministers present because they are all APC today FAYOS is there he sent VP
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Lukgaf(m): 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
but y is that this foolish governor are not paying thier workers
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Daboomb: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
veekid:

Imagine!

Gov Ayo Fowl-yose would have more money to loot and keep at his guest house while his girl-friend would have a chance to steal another #50Million while the Pensioners and workers are fed Roasted Ponmo and plantain! angry angry

This Democracy sef, e get as e be!
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by texas1990(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
even if buhari give ekiti state 10 trillion fayose will not use it to pay salary instead he will call on iyalojas and okada ridas to come share it, imagine d ediot is owing 8 month salaries to local govt while 5 month to state govt, and he will sit down in ekiti here abusing other governor who is only owing 1 month, and wen d labour union talk he will sack dem, like he sack the Nulge executives for asking for staff salaries.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by gloryman91: 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fayose! How did you shake the ghost? You claimed has died.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Akaujaa(m): 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
most governors are partying already on hearing this news.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
nwabudan25:
He is not active the meeting is been chaired by VP why? yesterday he was with ministers present because they are all APC today FAYOS is there he sent VP

The VP is the head and chairs the National Economic Council. The President was a guest and addressed the Council. Always ask when you don't know

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by dudleythed(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hope the Governors will utilize the fund judiciously, lets keep our fingers crossed and watch event unfolds.both the governors that are paying their workers and pensioners half salaries.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by dudleythed(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hope the Governors will utilize the fund judiciously, lets keep our fingers crossed and watch event unfolds.both the governors that are paying their workers and pensioners half salaries.May God save Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Adonkia(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
I expect to see a long queue in Ekiti state from next week when Gov Fayose would continue his stomach infrastructure with the money, please he should increase the money from 200 to 500 Naira! !! . grin .
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by victorlekan(m): 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Was fayose at the meeting?
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by everG: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
D vain they all glamor for excess crude oil money to be shared. Till date d likes of fashola couldn't account for a penny
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by iamdynamite(m): 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2017
I wonder how fayose is always comfortable at the governors forum with buhari in attendance. Because I know the next day he will still have something negative to say about him.. Fayose sha.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by remikunle: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
It Is A Welcome Development
Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by jameseva: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
How long will nigeria continue to operate in this evidently failed system of sharing resources to the state when it should actually be the other way round. A primary school dropout can actually run a state in nigeria as he needs not think of any way to make money and run the state. All he has to do is wait for monthly allowee from the federal govt, pass that along to workers and infrastructure development (or loot)! Wash & rinse. Lagos is the only place remotely close to how a state should be run.. others are basically just landmasses with people.

Until this is corrected, and the states are ultimately allowed to manage and run themselves. I seriously foresee no reasonable development in Nigeria.

I didnt support GEJ for the sole reason that he had 6 years to correct this mess and didnt. Using it as a campaign tool after 6 years was absolute shiit

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN, Finance Ministry To Release London-Paris Refunds To States by Justicealh3(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
softmind24:
good news

The governors can have enough to steal

Especially Niger State Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: I Never Sent Thugs To Attack #EndSARS Protesters / Pictures From The 5,000-Seater Nsukka Township Stadium Under Construction / Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.