Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,646 members, 7,820,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi (25283 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2014
Nigeria’s Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh said on Monday that his family remains under Boko Haram’s Islamic Caliphate, denying ever sending any helicopter to his home town in Adamawa State to evacuate members of his family hours before the fall of the town to the Boko Haram jihadists.

Vintim, the hometown of the CDS is one of the towns recently annexed by Boko Haram, as part of the ‘Islamic Caliphate’.

The terrorists are still occupying the town. Some reports had indicated that Badeh airlifted his family from the town before it finally fell to terrorists.

But in a statement posted on its blog today, the Nigerian Defence headquarters described as “reckless” assertions that Badeh sent a military helicopter to evacuate members of his family just a few hours before the fall of his home town to Boko Haram.

The full statement titled “No Helicopter Evacuated the CDS Family Members”, reads:

“The attention of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has been drawn to an article with the caption, “The Helicopters that evacuated CDS Badeh’s family from Mubi: A lesson for All Nigerians” written by a certain Elvis Iyorngurum and posted in an on-line news outlet, NewsRescue.com on the 6th of November, 2014.

“The said article which contained strings of deliberate falsehood and spurious allegations claimed that few hours before the attack on Mubi by the terrorists, the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal AS Badeh flew in helicopters and evacuated his family from the town and abandoned everyone else to their fate.

“While the DHQ remains at a loss as to the motive for these unconscionable fabrications, it is pertinent to quickly repudiate the false claim and to state clearly that at no time did the CDS send any helicopter to evacuate any of his family members before, during or after the attack on his home town.

“Contrary to the claims by the author, the helicopter that flew to Mubi was on an operational mission to reinforce the ground troops in preparation of efforts to repel the attack.

“The helicopter did not convey any civilian or relation of the CDS as disdainfully insinuated in the article.

“Considering the fact that the falsehood packaged against Air Chief Marshal Badeh by Elvis has not only been mischievously and widely circulated, it has been further made viral on the social media, it can no longer be dismissed as one of those careless efforts in the campaign to tarnish the name and integrity of this senior officer and the Armed Forces who are doing their best to address the security situation in the country.

“The damage done by the fabrications contained in that article has not only personal, but national security implications.
“Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh as the Chief of Defence Staff has uppermost in his heart, the interest of the entire citizens of Nigeria, whom he swore to protect.

“Insinuating that the CDS is self-centred and insensitive to the plight of his people is wicked and damaging indeed.

“The DHQ wishes to reassure Nigerians that as a patriot and one on whose shoulders the leadership of Nigerian Armed Forces rests, he has honestly reaffirmed severally that he considers every Nigerian and every part of Nigeria as deserving of equal protection especially at this challenging times.

“Just like any other Nigerian, the CDS is pained at the mindless carnage and bloody violence perpetrated against innocent Nigerians by the terrorist group.

“Contrary to the falsehood bandied around by a number of professional critics and detractors, the CDS believes that every town or village under attack deserves protection whether it is his home town or not.

“This false story on Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh is one of the many fabrications being circulated as information or articles by individuals who have remained desperate in the efforts to dampen the spirit and morale of military personnel in particular and Nigerians in general as we strive to stop the activities of terrorists on rampage against our people.

“It is therefore necessary to appeal to the populace of concerned citizens to join hands with the security forces in this effort by refraining from the series of distractive criticisms and comments.

“The mass media is again requested to beware of lifting stories on the military from online media that has become the main channel of disseminating falsehood on happenings in the system.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/10/my-family-trapped-in-islamic-caliphate-says-alex-badeh/

5 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by DaBullIT(m): 5:29am On Nov 11, 2014
No be Nigerian Army and thier oga ?? ? they can lie gaan o.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 11, 2014
This looks somehow to me. A helicopter was there to reinforce ground troops. The situations that surrounded the fight has clearly shown that there was nothing like air-support for the Nigerian military. I don't believe the helicopter didn't come to evacuate his family. As for me,I don't see any wrong in admitting that he rescued his family. Afterall,they are his family.
Ayamlaykorn

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by seankafor(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2014
something is smelling here

8 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by fitzmayowa: 5:32am On Nov 11, 2014
Oga badeh we don hear...The koko be what are you doing to stop this rag heads

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Raiders: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2014
Oga, stop lying. Your family are still not in Mubi. I can bet that your wife, kids and immediate family are not in Mubi.

37 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
Oga, stop lying. Your family are still not in Mubi. I can bet that your wife, kids and immediate family are not in Mubi.

You all know very well his wife and children stay in Abuja.
There is no question of sending a chopper to get them out of Mubi or Vimtim.
APC, keep up your Operation Feed the Nation,
with Lies.

(Have these attempts to mislead the public has gone from APC propaganda to Boko Haram actions?)

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Raiders: 5:51am On Nov 11, 2014
tit:

You all know very well his wife and children stay in Abuja.
There is no question of sending a chopper to get them out of Mubi or Vimtim.
APC, keep up your Operation Feed the Nation,
with Lies.

(Have these attempts to mislead the public has gone from APC propaganda to Boko Haram actions?)
must everything be about APC to you. You are always critical of APC in all your post. Is APC responsible for the lost of Mubi, or is APC responsible for the recent bomb blasts. Or is APC in charge of the armed forces and police ..Maybe you should tell your president to do more in protecting the lives of Nigerians

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 11, 2014
If they are still in Mubi, then they are all dead by now! Will Badeh allow that? Why cant all these over-fed big shots in Naija say the truth for once?

21 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 5:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
must everything be about APC to you. You are always critical of APC in all your post. Is APC responsible for the lost of Mubi, or is APC responsible for the recent bomb blasts. Or is APC in charge of the armed forces and police ..Maybe you should tell your president to do more in protecting the lives of Nigerians

No, APC is not incharge of the armed forces. Thanks Allah.
But I am begining to suspect they are in charge of boko haram.
Whenever boko haram fools strike,
you guys jump out all too excited.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2014
wazoboy:
If they are still in Mubi, then they are all dead by now! Will Badeh allow that? Why cant all these over-fed big shots in Naija say the truth for once?

I thought twice before making my initial post.
But definitely the Marshal's immediate family is not based in Mubi and Vimtim.
You, is your immediate family living in your "village"?
The Marshal has family members in many parts of Nigeria. Some of them moslims, some christians.
For sure the Marshal has extended family in Mubi and surrounding areas.

5 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by ichidodo: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2014
These lies and false APC propaganda must stop.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
If you're not a nitwit, tell me who bandied and mongered that falsehood all along this forum.

8 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Pataki: 6:08am On Nov 11, 2014
When a whole President of Nigeria can come out to lie publicly on an international tv, I expect nothing less of that from Badeh.

A corrupt government filled with liars.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Raiders: 6:08am On Nov 11, 2014
tit:

No, APC is not incharge of the armed forces. Thanks Allah.
But I am begining to suspect they are in charge of boko haram.
Whenever boko haram fools strike,
you guys jump out all too excited.
APC are also in charge of Al Qaeda and ISIS grin. Its the job of any opposition party to criticize the ruling party when the ruling party is failing to do his job well. Just like the republicans always criticize Obama and the UK prime mister is criticized by the opposition in UK. GEJ has horribly failed in term of security in Nigeria. Over 10000 Nigerians have been killed since he became president. No presidency has experience such high killing since the end of the civil war.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2014
tit:

I thought twice before making my initial post.
But definitely the Marshal's immediate family is not based in Mubi and Vimtim.
You, is your immediate family living in your "village"?
The Marshal has family members in many parts of Nigeria. Some of them moslims, some christians.
For sure the Marshal has extended family in Mubi and surrounding areas.
Well you asked me a question and I will answer, yes but only my mother is in my "village"!

8 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Raiders: 6:12am On Nov 11, 2014
blizard44:

If you're not a nitwit, tell me who bandied and mongered that falsehood all along this forum.
no lies were spread in this forum. Mubi is under the control of boko haram and the Nigeria army failed to defend the city. The army boss should be ashamed of his self for failing to defend his own city. He is in abuja with his wife and family while Nigerians are being killed in Mubi

16 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
no lies were spread in this forum. Mubi is under the control of boko haram and the Nigeria army failed to defend the city. The army boss should be ashamed of his self for failing to defend his own city. He is in abuja with his wife and family while Nigerians are being killed in Mubi

grin

You're far from the main talk, mister.

I can put it to you that Barcanista opened a thread on this.

Now can you answer this question : Were Badeh's wife and kids truly air-lifted from Mubi?

4 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Raiders: 6:23am On Nov 11, 2014
blizard44:

grin

You're far from the main talk, mister.

I can put it to you that Barcanista opened a thread on this.

Now can you answer this question : Were Badeh's wife and kids truly air-lifted from Mubi?
I remember reading that news Some days ago and it didn't say Badeh wife and kids were air-lifted. It said Badeh FAMILY were air-lifed out of Mubi. A family could include cousins,uncles,nephews, siblings and other relations. I wont be surprise if he evacated his family out of Mubi because they will be target of Boko haram

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 6:23am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
APC are also in charge of Al Qaeda and ISIS grin. Its the job of any opposition party to criticize the ruling party when the ruling party is failing to do his job well. Just like the republicans always criticize Obama and the UK prime mister is criticized by the opposition in UK. GEJ has horribly failed in term of security in Nigeria. Over 10000 Nigerians have been killed since he became president. No presidency has experience such high killing since the end of the civil war.

Falsely saying the CDS flew his family out of Mubi is not by any stretch criticizing.
It is pig-bald faced lying.
You guys are bold indeed.
Bold theives.
That you can still show your faces in this internet public space is a measure of the kind of people you are.

9 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by tit(f): 6:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Raiders:
I remember reading that news. Some days ago and it didn't say Badeh wife and kids were air-lifted. It said Badeh FAMILY were air-lifed out of Mubi. A family could include cousins,uncles,nephews, siblings and other relations

No civilians were airlifted.
Stop making a fool of yourself.

Or please tell us their names.

The whole town is his family.
Are you from Vimtim? Do you know the family structure there?

6 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Obinoscopy(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2014
Reinforcement of ground troops? SMH

#Lies

5 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by justi4jesu(f): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by ggrin(f): 6:33am On Nov 11, 2014
STory storyundecided

2 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2014
Well,if this is true,then I hope u start doing ur job accordingly once u start feeling the ruthlessness of Boko haram but I doubt it if ur family is truly there

2 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by VocalWalls: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2014
I guess we just have to believe whatever we choose to believe

At the end, all we have is who we are.

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by holyboss: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2014
So u expect me to start my day reading this epistle

Summary or next story pls undecided

#SMH
Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Kelvin0(m): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2014
When Nigerians are bombing Nigerians.....a sane person will worry about his immediate family first.

#I see nothing wrong!

NB; There is no opposition Party in Nigeria, what we call opposition Party are the power thirsty extremists frustrating the government of the day by masterminding this inhumane attacks n bomb blast just to garner cheap political points that won't take them anywhere near Aso Rock, come 2015

6 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by politricks: 6:34am On Nov 11, 2014
The military and politicians like playing the game 'who lies better'.

1 Like

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by Arch1: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2014
Bloody liars
Maiha has also fallen. Boko Haram just captured Maiha local government, Adamawa state, yesternight.

8 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by omenka(m): 6:36am On Nov 11, 2014
I'd rather believe the Elvis guy than any news coming from the DHQ. They lie too damn much!

11 Likes

Re: Marshal Badeh's Family Still In Mubi by humpito(m): 6:36am On Nov 11, 2014
Reinforcement of ground troops. This is ludicrous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gbayi Women, Youths Protests El-rufai's Appointment Of Non Indigene..(pictured) / Court Asked To Declare Nnamdi Kanu A Fugitive, Order His Arrest / Exam Malpractice: Benedicta Daudu Steps Down After PREMIUM TIMES’ Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.