Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,341 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa (34523 Views)

Top5 Most Expensive Drugs In The World And Diseases They Cure / NDLEA Seizes Trailer Truck Of Codeine Drugs In Katsina (Photo) / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Otapipia:

I can imagine how you look like when typing this rubbish. Looking lazy, tired, senile and sick.
Now dat u have insulted me what's ur gain?
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Obaiyski(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
Op you forgot to add codeine... I think this your list is not complete without codeine
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by EternalTruth: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
frenchwine:

If this study were to be done in contemporary Nigeria, drugs like Tetracycline, Ampiclox, Flagyl , Fansidar, Nivaquine and Coartem would show up in red. In essence we should have 10 most abused drugs and not 5.
Nigerians be trading their future for the quackery of chemists and ignorance of self medication.

Indirectly this contributes to the increased incidence of renal failure, infertility, Dyslipidemia, and susceptibility to infections.
Anyways, keep at it folks, it's win-win for the doctors.

dexarcorten indirectly contributes to renal failure and infertility??/
chai see brainwashing.

I'm currently taking dexamethosene for weight gain and fat cheeks..
I don't care the side effects
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by smudge2079(m): 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
Paracetamol, Tramadol, Ibuprofen, Ibuprol.... cause there is so much pain in Africa... We can all relate to this every single day

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by adwem2003(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Prostinor
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
EternalTruth:
chai see brainwashing.

I wish you the best mate, say hi to me in 20yrs time.
You may also want to look up effects of exogenous steroids on the body.
Knowledge is power, even the market woman can gain knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by 2shur: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
Soon soon ko wole.
Oni reason
Won bor..
Soon soon ko wole.
Tramadol..refnol.
If u wan2 enjo your sef make u use codeine.

Una kbow dah song..
E b like say na don jazzy or somebody else sing am
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by chiraqDemon(m): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
Abeg let me go and take my weed and trams
Wetin consign me
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Presius(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2017
spinol nkor?
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Tonymario58: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
Gluthatione:

http://www.banixhealthcare.com/6-most-abused-drugs-in-africa/
The dose makes the difference
because
Drugs are poison
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by BobHIGHNESS(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Postinor and menstrogen are the most selling drugs
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by BobHIGHNESS(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
Postinor and menstrogen are the most selling drugs
I don't know about the abusive drugs because i'm not a physician
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Gluthatione: 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
frenchwine:

If this study were to be done in contemporary Nigeria, drugs like Tetracycline, Ampiclox, Flagyl , Fansidar, Nivaquine and Coartem would show up in red. In essence we should have 10 most abused drugs and not 5.
Nigerians be trading their future for the quackery of chemists and ignorance of self medication.

Indirectly this contributes to the increased incidence of renal failure, infertility, Dyslipidemia, and susceptibility to infections.
Anyways, keep at it folks, it's win-win for the doctors.

Yes u are correct, if d list should be up to 10, flagyl tetracycline, septrin and ampiclox should be in d list.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Gluthatione: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
rawpadgin:
n I wonder

& codeine too
Codeine is a narcotics, check number 4 on the list. Other most commonly used ones are
as follows:
Morphine
Papaveretum
Dihydocodeine
Pentazocine
Fentanyl
Hydromorphine
Methadone
Oxycodone etc
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by akigbemaru: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
Amplicox should be numbered one. I travelled to America and very surprised that it is not over the counter in America. It USA controlled substance.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Nbote(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
See how ppl don dey confess their addictions.. Na syrup b d most abused substance in d north.. So long as it's got "deine", or "ol" in it's name, dem go high am..
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Gluthatione: 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
akigbemaru:
Amplicox should be numbered one. I travelled to America and very surprised that it is not over the counter in America. It USA controlled substance.
Sir, in Nigeria ampiclox is never an over the counter drug, this is the rule , all antibiotics are are prescription drugs, is just the pathetic situation in this country that make u think it is OTC drug. Yes if we should extend the list to 10 , it will make the list. Ampiclox is one of the most abused antibiotics, i don't think it is the most abused drug.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by justmenoni: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
Op, add dat madness medicine as well, ref wetin be d .name.sef
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
There is a tsunami of drug abuse in the country, and the main targets are the youths,i sometimes wonder what the ministry of health seem to be doing to enlighten Nigerians about the dangers of this drugs
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by whizcartel(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

It"s your life. Live it as though you are the real owner
Que sera sera
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by joshboss(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
mykelmeezy:
and the must abused thing in the body is the brain

cast study - bmcs

oh btw dont be selfish take 1 and pass round

op there's medical marijuana...n there's osogbo weed ....

Omo. See Sk. Na ds one dey do ta ta ta
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Kyllahmc(m): 2:18am On Mar 19, 2017
Tramadol doesn't increase libido... In fact it reduces it.. It gives you fake sense of wellbeing... Makes you feel relaxed. gets you high and mess up your brain awareness... You will be wide awake yet asleep... Distracts your brain from concentrating clearly on what's right in front of you.
If I take tramadol if you like strip alexis texas and Lisa Ann naked in front of me, my d!ck can never stand.. . Cos the drug dulls the part of my brain that controls my erections.
I Just don't get it when people say they use tramadol to enhance their libido...
Well what do I know? Tramadol has different effects on different people sha.

Advice : stay the hell away from tramadol and every other opiates drugs out there... They would only ruin your life.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by mecussey(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2017
AnanseK:

You forgot alcohol

yea most abused with cigarette...i do minimum of 6 bottles everyday. Thank God i dont do any other drug.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by mecussey(m): 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
EternalTruth:
chai see brainwashing.

Why take drugs for fat when carbohydrate full everywhere. Beer self dey, take four bottles a day and check urself after one week. Me wey dey find way to reduce fat and another person dey find am...na wa for this life.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by akigbemaru: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2017
Gluthatione:

Sir, in Nigeria ampiclox is never an over the counter drug, this is the rule , all antibiotics are are prescription drugs, is just the pathetic situation in this country that make u think it is OTC drug. Yes if we should extend the list to 10 , it will make the list. Ampiclox is one of the most abused antibiotics, i don't think it is the most abused drug.

But in America, without doctor's prescription nobody will sell you the Ampiclox. It is a controlled drug in America, a nation with biggest breakthroughs in Medical experimentations.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by mimee9(f): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
God help me,I have taken too much of ciprofloaxin,ibuprofen and diclofenac
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Gluthatione: 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
2dugged:
There is a tsunami of drug abuse in the country, and the main targets are the youths,i sometimes wonder what the ministry of health seem to be doing to enlighten Nigerians about the dangers of this drugs
Yes ooooo, but I think the work of NAFDAC and PCN Pharmacists Council of Nigeria that should do their work as expected of them.
Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Gluthatione: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
akigbemaru:

But in America, without doctor's prescription nobody will sell you the Ampiclox. It is a controlled drug in America, a nation with biggest breakthroughs in Medical experimentations.
Yes u are correct, if we are to follow the law that same thing should be applicable here, but d menace of patience medicine store, kangaroo pharmacies couple with inability of NAFDAC AND PCN to live up to their expectation has made it impossible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
Gluthatione:

Yes ooooo, but I think the work of NAFDAC and PCN Pharmacists Council of Nigeria that should do their work as expected of them.
nafdac is a clear example of the negligence of duty of government workers, it's pathetic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra TRACAS Driver Bleeds To Death On Steering - Pictures / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread / Woman Slumps & Dies In Plateau Hours After Hearing News Of Her Only Child Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.