Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian (1976 Views)

NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pidgin2:
This is a sensitive topic. As a Christian, my personal opinion remains that it is very wrong for a male believer to be a gynecologist

1) Examining the breast of a woman that is not your wife as a heterosexual male is wrong
2) Examining the private parts of a female that isn't your wife is totally wrong
3) Some male doctors develop feelings for their patients and vice versa
4) Our sight is a gateway to temptation
5) If a woman examines the private parts of a male patient how will he feel, assuming he has a wife, how will she feel?

I can go on but let me stop here, it is wrong and no religions supports it

1 Like

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by Nne5: 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Are you shittin' me?

Thank God it's your opinion.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
*imagine the above Christian, is a Sunday school teacher, and he said the above to your kid, who aspires to be a doctor.

*imagine the above Christian, as the head of the career guidance unit of his church.

*just imagine the mentality, that is obviously a product of religious indoctrination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
U are not a christian, so shut d fvck up
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by tripplephi: 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
lol this is a very funny subject cos it really is not an issue

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT SCIENCE, So pls lets not reason it like other human religions o... If a person is truly a christian he/she can even work in GUINNESS and not be drinking any alcoholic stuff..

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT GOING TO CHURCH O
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT BEING BAPTIZED o
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT SPEAKING IN TONGUES O
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT EVEN BEING MORALLY UPRIGHT....

Christianity is a LIFE (not a religion) OF VICTORY OVER THE FLESH, THE WORLD AND THE DEVIL THROUGH AN ACTIVE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN AND THE HOLYGHOST!!!!

GOD can not create a system that science like gynecology can solve... SO unless the christian has already CORRUPT MIND and has not allowed the BLOOD OF JESUS and the WORD OF GOD purge their MINDSET then that is when they can be in danger of such things.... BUT AS A DOCTOR THAT I AM... WITH ALL MY EXPERIENCES... SEEING WOMEN NAKED WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS AND COMPLICATIONS... MAKES HORNINESS VANISH... I tell you the truth... cos THOSE WHO WORK IN ICE CREAM FACTORY DO NOT CRAVE FOR ICE CREAM... Most even dislike it due to the process they have witnessed in manufacturing... THE SAME IT IS FOR DOCTORS... so it is a doc that has no personal VALUES AND DIGNITY that does such... MOST CONFESS THAT AFTER WORKING WITH DEAD BODIES OR SEEING HOW FRAGILE HUMAN LIFE IS... the human cravings soon fade.

SO Christianity is not a science or HUMAN INVENTION that can be stained by HUMAN WORK. SO what would u say of soldiers, police officers.... politicians... Lawyers who have to defend guilty peeps... PLS LET US FOCUS ON WHAT GOD HAS CALLED US TO DO... all these other things are WHAT WE DO not WHO WE ARE. The DIFFERENCE IS VERY CLEAR....7up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by lekjons(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Na so sad
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

You still haven't answered the question.
Is it okay for a male born again Christian to be a doctor since they will all manage gynecology cases even if they are gynecologists or not?

Sinkills:
If 'magaging gynaecology cases' involves compulsorily seeing the nudity of the opposite sex and touching their sensitive organs, the answert to your question is a capital letter NO sir.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by CatfishBilly: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
Lol.
Akintom never disappoints grin grin
Leave them, with their gutter minds be spewing trash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
tripplephi:
.. If a person is truly a christian he/she can even work in GUINNESS and not be drinking any alcoholic stuff..

You're opening old sore here mehn...... Some brothers and sisters who are of the deeper life Bible church, were told to reject job offer at NB.

Those who have now backslide among these brethren, are regretting that obedience today.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by tripplephi: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
in NIGERIA we have PASTOR WORSHIPPERS not Christians... they wont look into the bible to find the truth..... OLD SORE needs healing. They are not having a direct relationship with GOD o... so they go to priests and pastors to give them what they want to hear. CHRISTIANS in naija are the only set of people that feel GUILTY FOR EVERYTHING and CRITICIZE everyone else.....

If we would sit to read our bibles ourselves with a clear heart looking for answers... we would be shocked that many pastors have lied to us..... and some of the few ones who speak the pure truth have very small churches and "boring messages"

by the grace of God things will get better.

akintom:

You're opening old sore here mehn...... Some brothers and sisters who are of the deeper life Bible church, were told to reject job offer at NB.

Those who have now backslide among these brethren, are regretting that obedience today.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
tripplephi:
in NIGERIA we have PASTOR WORSHIPPERS not Christians... they wont look into the bible to find the truth..... OLD SORE needs healing. They are not having a direct relationship with GOD o... so they go to priests and pastors to give them what they want to hear. CHRISTIANS in naija are the only set of people that feel GUILTY FOR EVERYTHING and CRITICIZE everyone else.....

If we would sit to read our bibles ourselves with a clear heart looking for answers... we would be shocked that many pastors have lied to us..... and some of the few ones who speak the pure truth have very small churches and "boring messages"

by the grace of God things will get better.

Please, does it mean that a Christian/born again, can own a club house (where all are freely done - alcohol, Sex, gambling, etc)?

1 Like

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=akintom post=54658533][/quote]

Well she is entitled to her opinion. However, such points stated ain't scriptural.

A professional and godly doctor medically practices SOLELY to treat the sick and save lives to the best of his ability; and not to sexually molest his patients in order to satisfy his lust. Clearly, someone with the latter mindset doesn't even know God.

If you are in the position to save a woman's life as a trained male gynaecologist, pls & pls, do not hesitate to render assistance in that regard. God will surely bless you greatly for serving humanity with a pure heart.

Whether we like it or not and in so far as we are still alive in this sinful world, our eyes will always see the good, the bad and the unpleasant (unless you want to pluck 'em out). That is why the Holy Bible admonishes us to guard our hearts diligently because it determines the course of our life.

Note that you don't have to be a doctor to see/witness evil/temptation. However, if you as a person know that your faith is weak, then, I'd advise you abstain from any act that can further dampen the little faith you have.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by tripplephi: 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
TO OWN is to accept and vouch for the ideals and values of the enterprise, THATS DIFFERENT.... MATTHEW WAS A TAX COLLECTOR... he owned it and yet gave it up... THE CENTURION SOLDIER didnt stop being a soldier o.... hope u see the difference... WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

A CHRISTIAN CAN WORK IN A BEER PARLOUR but NOT own it... cos WORKING does not involve drinking.... its only when HE OWNS IT THEN THAT MEANS HE SUPPORTS IT.

CHRISTIANS OWN HOTELS... they wont allow prostitutes there but if you bring one in.... they will not stop you. ITS ALL about VALUES....

akintom:

Please, does it mean that a Christian/born again, can own a club house (where all are freely done - alcohol, Sex, gambling, etc)?
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
akintom:

You can't compare being a doctor and operating a nightclub bro. Nightclubs promote ungodliness such as drunkenness, prostitution e.t.c.
In all, the intent matters most. Thus, if ever there is a nightclub that is purely for relaxation purpose, and that does not promote immorality or the intake of substances capable of causing drunkenness & other mental misbehaviour; then, such nightclub can't be termed as unholy venture. But we know that is not the case with virtually all nightclubs.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by lepasharon(f): 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pidgin2:
This is a sensitive topic. As a Christian, my personal opinion remains that it is very wrong for a male believer to be a gynecologist

1) Examining the breast of a woman that is not your wife as a heterosexual male is wrong
2) Examining the private parts of a female that isn't your wife is totally wrong
3) Some male doctors develop feelings for their patients and vice versa
4) Our sight is a gateway to temptation
5) If a woman examines the private parts of a male patient how will he feel, assuming he has a wife, how will she feel?

I can go on but let me stop here, it is wrong and no religions supports it

They are not called religotards for nothing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
limamintruth:

You can't compare being a doctor and operating a nightclub bro. Nightclubs promote ungodliness such as drunkenness, prostitution e.t.c.
In all, the intent matters most. Thus, if ever there is a nightclub that is purely for relaxation purpose, and that does not promote immorality or the intake of substances capable of causing drunkenness & other mental misbehaviour; then, such nightclub can't be termed as unholy venture. But we know that is not the case with virtually all nightclubs.

I can put it to you, that a Christian commits sin if he owns clubhouse.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
tripplephi:
TO OWN is to accept and vouch for the ideals and values of the enterprise, THATS DIFFERENT.... MATTHEW WAS A TAX COLLECTOR... he owned it and yet gave it up... THE CENTURION SOLDIER didnt stop being a soldier o.... hope u see the difference... WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

A CHRISTIAN CAN WORK IN A BEER PARLOUR but NOT own it... cos WORKING does not involve drinking.... its only when HE OWNS IT THEN THAT MEANS HE SUPPORTS IT.

CHRISTIANS OWN HOTELS... they wont allow prostitutes there but if you bring one in.... they will not stop you. ITS ALL about VALUES....

In summary, a Christian becomes a sinner, if he owns a clubhouse.

1 Like

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by Seun(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
I just can't come up with any non-pervy reason why a male doctor would want to be a gynecologist, among all the fields he could choose from.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Seun:
I just can't come up with any non-pervy reason why a male doctor would want to be a gynecologist, among all the fields he could choose from.

It appears you align with pidgin2 on this.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 12:20am On Mar 17, 2017
akintom:

I can put it to you, that a Christian commits sin if he owns clubhouse.

We are saying the same thing then. cool
However there is nothing sinful or wrong in being a male gynaecologist. That is a noble profession that seeks to save lives by rendering medical services to the female folk. All that matters is to be truly God fearing and always work in utmost good faith.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by BlackOnassis(m): 1:05am On Mar 17, 2017
Seun:

Forget about the genitals. Delivering a baby can be a powerful experience. Most people who are passionate about certain specialties go into it because they have had a personal experience which deeply affected them. For example, some people go into oncology because they lost loved ones to cancer. Some go into pulmonary medicine because they suffer from asthma. i hope you get my gist.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by CatfishBilly: 7:17am On Mar 17, 2017
Seun:
Who knew that Seun was such a prude?
Let me give you reasons especially in Nigeria.
1) It's very lucrative. That's the number one reason. O&G has more number of residency applicants than Surgery and Internal Medicine combined. That's why people rush there.
Do you know how much a round of IVF costs? Coupled with the high birth rate in Nigeria, they are always in demand.
2) It's pretty easy. It's just one system in the body. The female reproductive system. Which is made up of max. 6 simple and straightforward organs.
3) The prestige. Those guys are practically worshipped by their patients. Who wouldn't want that?
Nothing pervy here bro. If you have your own pervy reasons, let's hear it.
On the flip side, you were just being sarcastic. I just realized that after typing this epistle. grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2017
Seun:

What kind of human being (male or female) has a flair for ANY medical discipline?

You see, research shows that each human has a certain flair for certain intelligences (I think there are 8 intelligences)

What would you say about the ladies who just want to tinker with cars as auto-mechanics?
Are all female nurses doing their job just to get a closer look at hunks?

My point is; yes, there are male perverts but they are the exception.

We shouldn't use the exception to judge men who may have the flair for a medical discipline with such close proximity with live female body parts
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by Wilgrea7(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2017
Seun:

if you've seen a pregnant woman die at childbirth cuz of lack of medical care or lost a family member to a similar cause, you'd see a hundred and one non-pervy reasons
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 11:47am On Mar 17, 2017
limamintruth:

We are saying the same thing then. cool
However there is nothing sinful or wrong in being a male gynaecologist. That is a noble profession that seeks to save lives by rendering medical services to the female folk. All that matters is to be truly God fearing and always work in utmost good faith.
With thread like this, am just probing into the dynamics and possible variables of the religious minds.

Eliciting responses via thread like this, helps in psychoanalysing the religious minds.

Now, in case you hold the Christian Bible to be literarily true, what do you think of Christians, who own clubhouse, occupy leadership positions in churches and pay tithes on the proceeds from the clubhouse.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
akintom:

With thread like this, am just probing into the dynamics and possible variables of the religious minds.

Eliciting responses via thread like this, helps in psychoanalysing the religious minds.

Now, in case you hold *the Christian Bible to be literarily true* what do you think of Christians, who own clubhouse, occupy leadership positions in churches and pay tithes on the proceeds from the clubhouse.

The answer to your question above is dependent on whether or not clubhouse business is a pure/clean/godly venture. And based on my opinion as I earlier stated, it is not.

Thus, is it right for the church to accept tithe gotten from the proceeds of such a business venture? Simply put, it is NOT right. As the Holy Bible puts it, "Who can bring what is pure/holy from the impure/unholy? No one. (Job 14:4)".
Remember, you can neither bribe nor mock God i.e you cannot be working contrary to His principles and then turn around to offer him proceeds from your unholy acts. The Bible further says the sacrifice of a sinner is abomination unto God.

BTW, are you an atheist? Because I don't get the first sentence of your last paragraph.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
limamintruth:

The answer to your question above is dependent on whether or not clubhouse business is a pure/clean/godly venture. And based on my opinion as I earlier stated, it is not.

Thus, is it right for the church to accept tithe gotten from the proceeds of such a business venture? Simply put, it is NOT right. As the Holy Bible puts it, "Who can bring what is pure/holy from the impure/unholy? No one. (Job 14:4)".
Remember, you can neither bribe nor mock God i.e you cannot be working contrary to His principles and then turn around to offer him proceeds from your unholy acts. The Bible further says the sacrifice of a sinner is abomination unto God.

BTW, are you an atheist? Because I don't get the first sentence of your last paragraph.

Since you have Christians, who own businesses that conflicts the bible commandments, but gets other bible verses to rationalize the businesses as not sinful via "grace covering exegesis".

What does this say of the whole idea of Christian religion?

I just reject the belief that the Bible is literarily true.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
akintom:

Since you have Christians, who own businesses that conflicts the bible commandments, but gets other bible verses to rationalize the businesses as not sinful via "grace covering exegesis".

What does this say of the whole idea of Christian religion?

I just reject the belief that the Bible is literarily true.

Alright, I really don't fancy discussing biblical issues with persons who don't even believe in the Holy Bible to begin with. This is because my answers are strictly dependent upon biblical principles which you do not believe in. So hope you can see the dilemma there? smiley
It's akin to beating an already dead horse.

However, I'll leave you with the following:

Romans 6:1&2
"Shall we then continue in sin that grace may abound?
Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?"

Galatians 5:13
"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

2 Timothy 2:19
"Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm,sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,”and, “Everyone who names/confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.”
Modified:
Note that it is important to make God your priority and don't waste time scrutinizing how others do theirs. Your direction should come from His word entirely, and not from a mortal man that is prone to imperfections. tnx.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Lol.
Akintom never disappoints grin grin
Leave them, with their gutter minds be spewing trash.

Oh, what don't I know bro.? shocked
Don't tell me 'akintom' is one of those non-christians that are keen in finding faults about Christianity pls, because I don't actually understand these series of irrelevant back & forth questions about the Christian faith they don't profess. undecided
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
limamintruth:

Alright, I really don't fancy discussing biblical issues with persons who don't even believe in the Holy Bible to begin with. This is because my answers are strictly dependent upon biblical principles which you do not believe in. So hope you can see the dilemma there? smiley
It's akin to beating an already dead horse.

However, I'll leave you with the following:

Romans 6:1&2
"Shall we then continue in sin that grace may abound?
Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?"

Galatians 5:13
"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

2 Timothy 2:19
"Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm,sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,”and, “Everyone who names/confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.”
Modified:
Note that it is important to make God your priority and don't waste time scrutinizing how others do theirs. Your direction should come from His word entirely, and not from a mortal man that is prone to imperfections. tnx.
It's ok, thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by akintom(m): 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
limamintruth:

Oh, what don't I know bro.? shocked
Don't tell me 'akintom' is one of those non-christians that are keen in finding faults about Christianity pls, because I don't actually understand these series of irrelevant back & forth questions about the Christian faith they don't profess. undecided

If i were a medical scientist, i don't have to be surgeon to spot a harmful surgical procedure.
Re: It's Wrong For A Christian To Be A Gynecologist - Christian by limamintruth: 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
akintom:

If i were a medical scientist, i don't have to be surgeon to spot a harmful surgical procedure.

Well, what do I know? tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) / Pls Help Me And Interpret These Dreams / 8 Reasons Why The Shroud Of Turin Might Be The Burial Cloth Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.