Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< (42586 Views)

Unbelievable! Supercomputer Predicts The Winner Of UEFA Champions League / D'tigress Reach Afrobasket Quarterfinals / Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 League Code! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Bimpe29: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
Of all the fixtures, it's Atletico Madrid Vs Leicester that is somehow not difficult, the remaining ones are cracker and tug of war.
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Vladtin: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
Leicester
Bayern
Monaco
Juventus

Remember this.. I am vladtin tha Greatest
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by madridguy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
Don't worry, I will remind you.

Lawlahdey:
Yeah.. In your dream wink
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by TerrorSquad147: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
ghands:
Real Madrid will win the Champions League this season. That's all!
your head dey there bro cool

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by coded01: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
BREAKING | Real Madrid fans have started a petition for another draw in the UCL... grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/messi10stats/status/842713299770839040?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by yorhmienerd(m): 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lawlahdey:
So, you seff know say Barca dey do crook undecided undecided

And did you just call Athletico Madrid a second fiddle club??You must be kidding me.
Hey, Why didn't Barca make it last season? tongue
UCL is just like Nigeria politics. If you know your way then you're good to go wink

You can't win all the time, that's life for you.

And DID YOU KNOW that

GOD is a Barca fan cheesy
Ask Aderola15
All things being equal, all next year's Barca matches would be played in our new stadium in Heaven.
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by yorhmienerd(m): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
CHARLOE:

Thank god say u know ur club dey win by crook; d way u beat PSG wit 2 soft penalties
Softwork wink

3 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by speezyWears: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
coolshegs10:
grin this is gonna be hot. Juventus vs Real Madrid. Guys wey dey play bet, abeg be careful with this one o. The match go make sense.

This is should be a walkway for Barcelona o, Juventus is our boy cool

On weeds as usual, Oniraanu afofun-gbemu, oponu ayerada.

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Anambra01: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
madrib is in big trouble because bayern will be out for revenge. bye real till next season

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Ayblaize(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
coolshegs10:
grin this is gonna be hot. Juventus vs Real Madrid. Guys wey dey play bet, abeg be careful with this one o. The match go make sense.

This is should be a walkway for Barcelona o, Juventus is our boy cool
Dey dun know... Up Barca

5 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by tivereegega(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
Opinionated:
We are getting to the business-end of the Champions League and many of the usual suspects in recent years are still around with a few interesting teams remaining in the competition. Here are my thoughts on the quarterfinals:

Atletico Madrid vs. Leicester City

Going by Diego Simeone’s impressive record in this competition which has seen Atletico reach 2 finals in the last 3 years, it is difficult not to pick them to advance against gutsy Leicester City. It is not like Leicester do not have a chance, afterall they just knocked-out Sevilla which is a very good Spanish team. However, there is something about Atletico Madrid in the Champions League that makes them very hard to beat over 2 legs.

Dortmund vs. Monaco

I am sure football fans around the world are rubbing their palms with glee over this one. 2 attacking sides going head-to-head with Pierre Emerick Aubemeyang coming up against Radamel Falcao and company. This is a tie both sides can win and they will fancy their chances but I am giving Monaco the edge in this tie because they have shown a lot more consistency in the French Ligue 1 this season than Dortmund have in the Bundesliga. Consistency may just be what separates the 2 sides, I will not be surprised if this tie ends 11-11 on aggregate.

Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid

There isn’t likely going to be much fear here as 2 of European football’s heavyweights clash. Carlo Ancelotti will be returning to his previous team which is still largely unchanged from when he was around with a Bayern team that seems intent on annihilating any opposition home or away (just ask Arsenal). However, it is rare to have Real Madrid enter a tie as underdogs and I do not see them as such. This tie could be one of fine margins with some star missing a great chance or scoring a great goal being the difference. If I have to go for a winner though, it will be Bayern despite the presence of Bale, Benzema and of course World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo in the Real Madrid team.

Juventus vs. Barcelona

Barcelona really should not be here but they are and as such, I have to say they are favourites, how will Dani Alves cope with playing against his Barca friends? Juventus are a very good team and can match any team in Europe on their day. However, Barcelona are not likely to be complacent after their close shave with defeat against PSG. Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain might think they have a chance but with Luis Suarez, Neymar and Messi showing that they have the grit to go with their incredible talent, I find it difficult to see how Juventus can defeat them over 2 legs.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/analysis-uefa-champions-league-2017-quarterfinals/

cc lalasticlala, mynd44

NO...NO...NO
I SAY NO
Going by Diego Simeone’s impressive record in this competition which has seen Atletico reach 2 finals in the last 3 years, it is difficult not to pick them to advance against gutsy Leicester City. It is not like Leicester do not have a chance, afterall they just knocked-out Sevilla which is a very good Spanish team. However, there is something about Atletico Madrid in the Champions League that makes them very hard to beat over 2 legs.
NO
Leicester City for the trophy
Leicester City for glory
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Sheuns(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
Loski26:

Real Madrid are out already. They won't even win either of the ties.

It's like you've not been following European major leagues for a long while. Madrid that uses sweat and blood to grind out 3 points against lower ladder La Liga teams.

Juve stands a bigger chance of beating Barcelona too.

It seems you don't know Madrid and champions league. Madrid may be in bad form in league but don't ever rule Madrid out of a champions league tie. You can take a look at Madrid vs Bayern champions league history. It's never easy for either side.

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Ayblaize(m): 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
ghands:
Madridiot...mtcheew... FCB all the way

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Ayblaize(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
tivereegega:

NO...NO...NO
I SAY NO
NO
Leicester City for the trophy
Leicester City for glory

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by madridguy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Take this.

Real Madrid Stats
@RMadrid_Stats

RM have faced a German team in the QF stage of the UCL 4 times, going on to WIN the UCL in all 4 occasions [97/98, 01/02, 13/14, 15/16].

Lawlahdey:
Yeah.. In your dream wink
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Bhol28: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
Atletico Vs Leicester looks like a balanced game that either team can win due to their similar pattern but experience counts in champions league knock out stage.Atletico to win
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by cstr151: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
BAYERN -REAL MADRID
Anyway , bayern will edge that. Real madrid has lost form of late and have significant tactical weakness that will be exploited at the highest level.

JUVENTUS - BARCELONA.
Is there a way for both teams to lose? Two very arrogant and dirty teams i will never support.
Juventus are mighty impressive, but barcelona are just too crisp on their day. Barcelona edges it.

MONACO-DORTMUND- My favourite game of that round.
Battle of the strikeforce- Mbappe Vs Aubameyang.
Too close to call.

Athletico wins.

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
Loski26:

Real Madrid are out already. They won't even win either of the ties.

It's like you've not been following European major leagues for a long while. Madrid that uses sweat and blood to grind out 3 points against lower ladder La Liga teams.

Juve stands a bigger chance of beating Barcelona too.
Bro, Madrid is one club you never rule out in Champions league.

I admit that Barca will find it tough against the Juve side, but I'm hopeful. Even if we don't win the UCL, I rather Athletico, Dortmund or Monaco to win.

I love Leicester but I can't stand these English fanboys and their noise, beside, I love Athletico more!

May Bayern and RM not win the trophy
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by datyrone(m): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
barca will make this one very neat

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
ghands:

Egbon, you don watch am before? grin

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Kiakia(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Opinionated:
We are getting to the business-end of the Champions League and many of the usual suspects in recent years are still around with a few interesting teams remaining in the competition. Here are my thoughts on the quarterfinals:

Atletico Madrid vs. Leicester City

Dortmund vs. Monaco

I am sure football fans around the world are rubbing their palms with glee over this one. 2 attacking sides going head-to-head with Pierre Emerick Aubemeyang coming up against Radamel Falcao and company. This is a tie both sides can win and they will fancy their chances but I am giving Monaco the edge in this tie because they have shown a lot more consistency in the French Ligue 1 this season than Dortmund have in the Bundesliga. Consistency may just be what separates the 2 sides, I will not be surprised if this tie ends 11-11 on aggregate.

Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid

There isn’t likely going to be much fear here as 2 of European football’s heavyweights clash. Carlo Ancelotti will be returning to his previous team which is still largely unchanged from when he was around with a Bayern team that seems intent on annihilating any opposition home or away (just ask Arsenal). However, it is rare to have Real Madrid enter a tie as underdogs and I do not see them as such. This tie could be one of fine margins with some star missing a great chance or scoring a great goal being the difference. If I have to go for a winner though, it will be Bayern despite the presence of Bale, Benzema and of course World Footballer of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo in the Real Madrid team.

Juventus vs. Barcelona

Barcelona really should not be here but they are and as such, I have to say they are favourites, how will Dani Alves cope with playing against his Barca friends? Juventus are a very good team and can match any team in Europe on their day. However, Barcelona are not likely to be complacent after their close shave with defeat against PSG. Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain might think they have a chance but with Luis Suarez, Neymar and Messi showing that they have the grit to go with their incredible talent, I find it difficult to see how Juventus can defeat them over 2 legs.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/analysis-uefa-champions-league-2017-quarterfinals/

cc lalasticlala, mynd44
Atletico is going through. Barcelona's run of luck may come unstuck against Juventus while Bayern will run roughshod over Real Madrid.
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Godful: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
I am expecting Barcelona and bayern final

2 Likes

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by jonbellion(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
elmagnifico411:
And I was hoping we would get Monaco ro Dortmund. Now Uefa don't even want us to make the semis , let alone the final. Issoke o, Bayern, make una enjoy cos madrid are not yet in their elements.
lool
What kind of madridista are you angry
Didn't we utterly destroy them with 5-0 in 2014 cool
I admit that Bayern is scary now but remember that we are NOT and would never be arsenal! angry

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by sshalom(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
The toughest pairing of the round is Bayern Munich versus Real Madrid. Revenge time for Carletto against his old club who were 'ungrateful' to have asked him to leave after winning the long awaited La Decima for them. It's going to be exciting encounters through the two legs.
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Tijani0852(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
It's time for c.ronaldo to prove his best but bayern munich is more tougher than anyone in UCL for now.but shaa football is about everything :oIt's time for c.ronaldo to prove his best but bayern munich is more tougher than anyone in UCL for now.but shaa football is about everything
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Jammiiee(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
Gerarahiaaa angry angry

We will prove u all wrong, and make history angry angry

Lawlahdey:
I'll be rooting for leicester city cuz they are the only EPL club still in the competition.
And I want Real Madrid out for real. undecided
They won it last season, they cannnuh make history this year.. NO.

And well... if leicester city doesn't make it, I will be rooting for my fav La'liga club, Athletico Madrid. kiss
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Jammiiee(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
Eleyii gidi gan se sad angry
thunderbabs:
This one is strong....eleyi gidi gan

I say, this one is strong shocked

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Dutchey(m): 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
many pple myt nt buy this idea, even though i want either alt. mdrd or leicester to win d CL, bhu snc they r facing off nw, i dare 2 say it, CL is heading 2 King Power Stadium come May.....Leicester all d way
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by clancymiim(f): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I'll be rooting for leicester city cuz they are the only EPL club still in the competition.
And I want Real Madrid out for real. undecided
They won it last season, they cannnuh make history this year.. NO.

And well... if leicester city doesn't make it, I will be rooting for my fav La'liga club, Athletico Madrid. kiss

Oga take a chill pill. if Barcelona n break records why not real Madrid ?
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
bayern are not fantastic as people thought, watching over the two legs against arsenal I believe Madrid will eliminate them because arsenal had their chances but fluff it and kocieny injury and red card was d turning point. better watch it
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by Ryocaj(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Juventus vs 419 squad (Barcelona).. Another arumushanka football on d cards...
Re: Analysis Of UEFA Champions League 2017 Quarterfinals >>pic<< by kingtappa: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
I have to disagree with the people calling the AT Madrid vs. Leicester tie an easy game for the former!!

Leicester has an advantage for playing away first and Athletico this season hasn't been phenomenal compared to previous 2seasons..

Leicester can score ATM away and might go to win at home.. Forget experience.. These two teams will battle it out till the 2nd leg.. Its never gonna be a work over for any.

My predictions
Athletico Madrid 2-1 Leicester City
Leicester City 1-0 Athletico Madrid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ighalo Fires At Solskjaer: You Were Unfair To Me At Man Utd / Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.