Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays (14929 Views)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Ruling on Saying the Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) loudly behind the Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Ayodee2(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:
This is something I was once guilty of until I stumbled upon the truth. May Allah SWT preserve us upon guidance

I hope you people will not bastardise Islam for us.

if saying Jumah Mubarak is wrong, I think it's also wrong for you to bring the issue here by discussing Islam with faceless group. This is not the way Islam was propagated during the time of prophet (saw)
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by irepsuccess: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
i need some clarifications pls.
we all know that jumah means friday and barka means blessings, if at all the prophet didn't use dos words to greet does it also mean that Good morning, good evening nd the likes is also bid'a?
so, if i greet someone with another language, tz a bid'a?
The prophet asked us to be saying 'Jazakumllah khaeran' when someone did a favour to us, does it mean than when i say 'thank u'instead of jazaks, tz bid'a?
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlBaqir:

So, why did the Prophet and his household send "salawat and Salam to themselves" despite the fact that they were the "objects" receiving salawat and salam.?

Because Allah enjoined it in the Kitab!
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Because Allah enjoined it in the Kitab!

# Sorry, technically speaking the ayah never addressed or command the Prophet by his name or titles to do that, rather it says, "Indeed Allah and His angels send salawat upon the Messenger, O you who believe, send salawat upon him, and Salam".

It is a direct order to the " believers, the followers".

You will do a lot of good to your mind if you can sincerely stand by your submission. Let me recap please:

# The OP (based on wahabi thinking anyway) is of the opinion that saying "Jumu'ah Mubarak" is wrong (Bid'ah in their true self). His justification is Nabi or the Sahabah never used the word or greeted themselves with that. And he further argued that we can not be so forward.

# Going exactly with this submission, I challenge why the wahabi institutionalized saying "Radi'Allahu anhu" after the mention of any sahabi? The fact that Allah used the word in the Quran, but Nabi never repeat it after the mention of any of his Sahabah and none of the Sahabah used it either. Are you saying Nabi or the sahabah did not take cognizance of the Quran? Why doing what they did not do?

# You submitted that "it is not necessary" for the Sahabah to repeat "Radi'Allahu anhu" since they were themselves the object being referred to.

# In exactly the same argument, I asked you were the Prophet and his household not the "objects" being refer to in the "salawat and Salam, why were they repeating "salawat and Salam" for themselves?

# Do you also say "alayhi Salam" for the Prophets and non-prophets (e.g Maryam, wife of Pharaoh, Jubril etc)? From whom did you got the command? Show us where Nabi ever commanded or practiced it?!

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Empiree: 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thanks AbuHammad but no thanks. This is your Sheikh's opinion and does not in anyway represents opinion of larger Muslim community. Therefore, do not call others "misguided" for saying "Jummah Mubarak". Thats unjust to yourself. Not anything or everything aslaf did not do is bida. Get over it. You and I today know many books than sahaba. We know fiqh far better than them. So anytime hadith praises aslaf as the "best generation", only means by the virtue of nabi (SAW). We can not meet their high level of religiosity for this reason alone i:e presence of nabi in their midst. But we know a lot better than them in terms books. They read nothing but Quran only. So the idea that what nabi and sahaba did not do is bidah is not evidence sir. If it is, then you gonna have to declare ALL fuqaha bid'ah. Stop picking bid'ah when it suits you.

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

So early generation were simply looking at each other like zombies (astagfurllah) when they met together on Jummah right?. They didnt exchange words, greet one another, hug and kiss?. You are incredible. So if we cant say "jummah mubaraq", is it okay to say 'hi', 'hello', 'what's up man' etc?. Is that okay ?.

I am sick of these lopsided fatawa. No offence intended

Jum'ah Mubaraq Ya Ikwan !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3xR_EUIOCg

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Empiree: 12:04am On Apr 01, 2017
HAH:
Thank you, to them everything is bidia

My friend I grew up to see my people saying Barka Da Jumma'a and no ibn tayyimiyah or qayyim will make me stop it.
They have even hijacked these two ulama

My people, Happy Friday Barda da Jumma'a
Jumaah Mubarak bro
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Empiree: 2:54am On Apr 01, 2017
irepsuccess:
i need some clarifications pls.
we all know that jumah means friday and barka means blessings, if at all the prophet didn't use dos words to greet does it also mean that Good morning, good evening nd the likes is also bid'a?
so, if i greet someone with another language, tz a bid'a?
The prophet asked us to be saying 'Jazakumllah khaeran' when someone did a favour to us, does it mean than when i say 'thank u'instead of jazaks, tz bid'a?
You dey mind them? They live in the moon

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Empiree: 3:08am On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Sorry, technically speaking the ayah never addressed or command the Prophet by his name or titles to do that, rather it says, "Indeed Allah and His angels send salawat upon the Messenger, O you who believe, send salawat upon him, and Salam".

You will do a lot of good to your mind if you can sincerely stand by your submission. Let me recap please:

# The OP (based on wahabi thinking anyway) is of the opinion that saying "Jumu'ah Mubarak" is wrong (Bid'ah in their true self). His justification is Nabi or the Sahabah never used the word or greeted themselves with that. And he further argued that we can not be so forward.

# Going exactly with this submission, I challenge why the wahabi institutionalized saying "Radi'Allahu anhu" after the mention of any sahabi? The fact that Allah used the word in the Quran, but Nabi never repeat it after the mention of any of his Sahabah and none of the Sahabah used it either. Are you saying Nabi or the sahabah did not take cognizance of the Quran? Why doing what they did not do?

# You submitted that "it is not necessary" for the Sahabah to repeat "Radi'Allahu anhu" since they were themselves the object being referred to.

# In exactly the same argument, I asked you were the Prophet and his household not the "objects" being refer to in the "salawat and Salam, why were they repeating "salawat and Salam" for themselves?

# Do you also say "alayhi Salam" for the Prophets and non-prophets (e.g Maryam, wife of Pharaoh, Jubril etc)? From whom did you got the command? Show us where Nabi ever commanded or practiced it?!
They arent reasoning with you. I get what you saying and i have said the same int he past. But it seems they choose what is 'bidah" where and when it suits them. However, i respect understanding of their limited, rigid religious texts. But they go overboard by calling others "alhbid'ah" as a means of excommunicating them bcus of differences make me detest their nonsense. Today, i deliberately greeted a friend after we finished jumah "how are you doing". If nothing is wrong saying this phrase, how is saying "barka jummah or jummah mubarak" which is more virtuous is tagged bid'a?. I wonder how these brothers think. Note that the only "evidence" they have to reject others' views here is Sheikh xyz said. Thats taqlid. There is no qola Allah wola rosul.

And i see your argument with the guy. He is trying to say radiyaAlllah is in the Quran but 'jummah mubarak" is not. Very well then, SadaqaAllah ul azeem is in the Quran but why is it considered bid'ah by them?. you remember the thread?.

I am really sick of this lazy man methodology of theirs. Very sickening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2017
Empiree:

So early generation were simply looking at each other like zombies (astagfurllah) when they met together on Jummah right?. They didnt exchange words, greet one another, hug and kiss?. You are incredible. So if we cant say "jummah mubaraq", is it okay to say 'hi', 'hello', 'what's up man' etc?. Is that okay ?.

grin Obviously in their thinking they were looking at themselves like zombies ni o or were just repeating the " Salam alaykum" grin

# Sense?! This people no get. All school of thought in Islam need to introduce philosophy into their studies to save youths who we expect sound thinking from.

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

They were repeating the salawat because Allah permitted that.

And what is wrong in Praying for the dead Prophets and Pious Muslims who died in the Past whenever their names are mentioned. That is Permissible. The Qur'an forbid Praying for deceased non-muslims but not Muslims.

Evidences still abound for "Radi'Allahu anhu", i asked for evidence for Choosing Jumuah Mubarak, who chose it?
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

They were repeating the salawat because Allah permitted that.

# Simple analogical argument I didn't expect answer from since it was first your reason.

Allah permitted, rather He commanded salawat to be send upon Nabi. Again, the order only mention " the believer" alone. Why did the Prophet whom we are to send salawat upon chose to recite salawat for himself?!

# Observe I put this forward based on your thinking that "do I expect the Sahabah to say Radi'Allahu anhu for themselves?"

Rashduct4luv:

And what is wrong in Praying for the dead Prophets and Pious Muslims who died in the Past whenever their names are mentioned. That is Permissible. The Qur'an forbid Praying for deceased non-muslims but not Muslims.

Do you think I am a condemner like the OP? I am in no way against praying for the dead especially the prophets and saints. However, I need to attack whoever is of the same opinion as the OP that since Quran or the Prophet did not command us nor is it recorded that Nabi practiced it, why are people like OP practicing it? This is in line with the OP's argument against "Jumu'ah Mubarak greetings".

Like Empiree mentioned, OP and people like him of the same wahabi thinking condemn saying, " sadaq'Allahu azeem" after recitation of the holy Quran, and their argument has always been: there is no record that Nano and Sahabah did it, therefore it is not permitted to do it.

Alas! Allah uses the phrase "sadaq'Allah azeem" in the Quran. So why can't we use it?

Exactly your argument to defend the saying of Radi'Allahu anhu. You agreed that it is in the Quran, though Nabi or Sahabah did not mention it after mentioning the name of any sahabi, therefore we can do it. So, what is wrong in saying, "sadaq'Allahu azeem"? What is wrong in greeting my fellow brother " Jumu'ah Mubarak " when Nabi regard Friday as a day of E'ed?

Rashduct4luv:

Evidences still abound for "Radi'Allahu anhu", i asked for evidence for Choosing Jumuah Mubarak, who chose it?

# Which evidence? I challenge you once again to provide one single hadith (even if it is mawdoo) where Nabi EVER used the phrase whenever he mentioned any sahabi?!

In your thinking whatever Nabi or Sahabah did not do, we do not have liberty to do otherwise. In fact, the point that Radi'Allahu anhu is mentioned in the Quran make your case worse. Apart from the fact that you chose to do what Nabi did not do, it seem you are attacking the Prophet of not being cognizance of the Quran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Simple analogical argument I didn't expect answer from since it was first your reason.

Allah permitted, rather He commanded salawat to be send upon Nabi. Again, the order only mention " the believer" alone. Why did the Prophet whom we are to send salawat upon chose to recite salawat for himself?!

# Observe I put this forward based on your thinking that "do I expect the Sahabah to say Radi'Allahu anhu for themselves?"

Do you think I am a condemner like the OP? I am in no way against praying for the dead especially the prophets and saints. However, I need to attack whoever is of the same opinion as the OP that since Quran or the Prophet did not command us nor is it recorded that Nabi practiced it, why are people like OP practicing it? This is in line with the OP's argument against "Jumu'ah Mubarak greetings".

Like Empiree mentioned, OP and people like him of the same wahabi thinking condemn saying, " sadaq'Allahu azeem" after recitation of the holy Quran, and their argument has always been: there is no record that Nano and Sahabah did it, therefore it is not permitted to do it.

Alas! Allah uses the phrase "sadaq'Allah azeem" in the Quran. So why can't we use it?

Exactly your argument to defend the saying of Radi'Allahu anhu. You agreed that it is in the Quran, though Nabi or Sahabah did not mention it after mentioning the name of any sahabi, therefore we can do it. So, what is wrong in saying, "sadaq'Allahu azeem"? What is wrong in greeting my fellow brother " Jumu'ah Mubarak " when Nabi regard Friday as a day of E'ed?

# Which evidence? I challenge you once again to provide one single hadith (even if it is mawdoo) where Nabi EVER used the phrase whenever he mentioned any sahabi?!

In your thinking whatever Nabi or Sahabah did not do, we do not have liberty to do otherwise. In fact, the point that Radi'Allahu anhu is mentioned in the Quran make your case worse. Apart from the fact that you chose to do what Nabi did not do, it seem you are attacking the Prophet of not being cognizance of the Quran.

I remove myself from attacking the Prophet in such way you mention!
Jumuah is a small 'Eid which involves going back to work after the prayer according to its verse in the Qur'an. Greetings are part of 'Eid. It was proven that during the two 'Eid there are greetings.

It was narrated that Jubayr ibn Nufayr said: When the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) met one another on the day of Eid, they would say to one another, “May Allaah accept (good deeds) from us and from you.” Ibn Hajar said, its isnaad is hasan. Al-Fath, 2/446.

Offering congratulations was something that was well known among the Sahaabah, and scholars such as Imam Ahmad and others allowed it. There is evidence which suggests that it is prescribed to offer congratulations and good wishes on special occasions, and that the Sahaabah congratulated one another when good things happened, such as when Allaah accepted the repentance of a man, they went and congratulated him for that, and so on.

And i still asks you to reveal the origin of Jumuah Mubarak?
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I remove myself from attacking the Prophet in such way you mention!

# How can you remove yourself when you continuously doing what Nabi did not do despite the fact that it is mention in the Quran. Do you know more than him for doing what he did not do?

Rashduct4luv:

And i still asks you to reveal the origin of Jumuah Mubarak?

# You agree it is a day of E'ed (whether big or small, E'ed is E'ed. In fact countries like Saudi Arabia, Jordan et al declared it holiday going against your interpretation to suggest it is "small E'ed" since Quran says one can go back to work).

# And you agree on the days of E'ed Sahabah used to greet themselves of the blessing of that day. But your problem is there is no record they greeted themselves on Friday.

# Friday is the most blessed day of all days according to several ahadith. If Sahabah can greet themselves on other E'ed days, why can't we greet ourselves on the greatest E'ed day which is Friday?!

Should you again mention the usual excuse that it is not recorded that Nabi or Sahabah did that, I will repeatedly accuse you again of double standard doing what Nabi and Sahabah never did though its phrase is in the Quran - making you know more than Nabi.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# How can you remove yourself when you continuously doing what Nabi did not do despite the fact that it is mention in the Quran. Do you know more than him for doing what he did not do?

# You agree it is a day of E'ed (whether big or small, E'ed is E'ed. In fact countries like Saudi Arabia, Jordan et al declared it holiday going against your interpretation to suggest it is "small E'ed" since Quran says one can go back to work).

# And you agree on the days of E'ed Sahabah used to greet themselves of the blessing of that day. But your problem is there is no record they greeted themselves on Friday.

# Friday is the most blessed day of all days according to several ahadith. If Sahabah can greet themselves on other E'ed days, why can't we greet ourselves on the greatest E'ed day which is Friday?!

Should you again mention the usual excuse that it is not recorded that Nabi or Sahabah did that, I will repeatedly accuse you again of double standard doing what Nabi and Sahabah never did though its phrase is in the Quran - making you know more than Nabi.

You still haven't answered the origin of Jumuah Mubarak. Till you answer that

There are many other established Sunnah of Jumuah which most Muslims neglect and you encourage one formulated greeting. Anyways, you are anti-sunni /anti-salafy and you will find anything logically wrong or right to go against Sunni principles!

I rest my pen here. May Allah increase me in guidance and forgive me wherever i err. And Allah knows best.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You still haven't answered the origin of Jumuah Mubarak. Till you answer that

There are many other established Sunnah of Jumuah which most Muslims neglect and you encourage one formulated greeting. Anyways, you are anti-sunni /anti-salafy and you will find anything logically wrong or right to go against Sunni principles!

I rest my pen here. May Allah increase me in guidance and forgive me wherever i err. And Allah knows best.

# Any form of Greetings apart from "Salam alaykum" is not Sunnah but simple ethics which Quran encourage. In fact Quran specifically says:

And when you are greeted with a greeting, greet with a better (greeting) than it or return it; surely Allah takes account of all things. {surah an-Nisa:86}

# The above ayah is so serious in its documented Tafsir in your Sahih ahadith that even if a nonbeliever greets you with "Salam", you must reply.

If we cannot greet ourselves save what is documented in books written 100s of years after Nabi, books never known or sanctioned by him, then why would Quran command that any form of greetings should be return equally or with a better reply? This gives room for all forms of (good) greetings.

Saying Jumu'ah Mubarak is a form of greetings between Muslims which foster love and brotherhood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Any form of Greetings apart from "Salam alaykum" is not Sunnah but simple ethics which Quran encourage. In fact Quran specifically says:

And when you are greeted with a greeting, greet with a better (greeting) than it or return it; surely Allah takes account of all things. {surah an-Nisa:86}

# The above ayah is so serious in its documented Tafsir in your Sahih ahadith that even if a nonbeliever greets you with "Salam", you must reply.

If we cannot greet ourselves save what is documented in books written 100s of years after Nabi, books never known or sanctioned by him, then why would Quran command that any form of greetings should be return equally or with a better reply? This gives room for all forms of (good) greetings.

Saying Jumu'ah Mubarak is a form of greetings between Muslims which foster love and brotherhood.

Are you are a Shiite?
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Are you are a Shiite?

I thought you said you've arrest your pen ni? Why do you love running away from your words?

# What does my belief got to do with the subject of discussion? Am I the only one going against your weird ideology?

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

I thought you said you've arrest your pen ni? Why do you love running away from your words?

# What does my belief got to do with the subject of discussion? Am I the only one going against your weird ideology?

Weird analogy? Weirder than Taqiyah right.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Weird analogy? Weirder than Taqiyah right.

# Majority of arguments in the Quran are analogical argument and analysis. That's why Quran many a times will "shout", " don't you reason?", or says "this is for those who think". Where do you put your thinking caps?

# As per Taqiyyah, you don't need to derail this thread. You can open a fresh thread, submit your arguments and we shall respond by citing to your surprises not from Quran alone but how Sahabah themselves displayed and practiced Taqiyyah when situations demand as boldly documented in your Sahih books.

# Really " double standard and ignorance" is in you people's DNA

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Majority of arguments in the Quran are analogical argument and analysis. That's why Quran many a times will "shout", " don't you reason?", or says "this is for those who think". Where do you put your thinking caps?

# As per Taqiyyah, you don't need to derail this thread. You can open a fresh thread, submit your arguments and we shall respond by citing to your surprises not from Quran alone but how Sahabah themselves displayed and practiced Taqiyyah when situations demand as boldly documented in your Sahih books.

# Really " double standard and ignorance" is in you people's DNA

Taqiyah and April fool are both lies! Stop the lies!
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Taqiyah and April fool are both lies! Stop the lies!

So, in short you are accusing "your beloved" Sahabah of lies whenever they use Taqiyyah?! Oh at best, should you equate Taqiyyah as April fool, then you are saying they performed April fool ni yen.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

So, in short you are accusing "your beloved" Sahabah of lies whenever they use Taqiyyah?! Oh at best, should you equate Taqiyyah as April fool, then you are saying they performed April fool ni yen.

Abeg i am free of Shia ideology!
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by sino(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
The Question
Recently, I saw a lecture on YouTube with a man claiming that saying, “jumu`ah mubārak (a blessed Friday)” on Fridays is an innovation? Is that true?

The Answer
Scholars of fatwā (legal opinions) divided acts into worship and customs. Both are central to our faith, and scholars gave each a tremendous amount of attention. For that reason, the first Ph.D. granted at al-Azhar University in the 20’s was on Islam and Custom.

Customs and Cultures are Embraced by Islām

Custom is so important that it forms one of the five major axioms of Islamic law. Al-Qādi al- Hussein al-Shāf’i wrote, “Utilization of custom is one of the five principles that Islamic Law rests on.”

Imām al-Syūtti mentioned them in Kawkab al-Sāti saying,

“Certainty does not remove doubt, and Islam removes every harm.
Hardship brings ease and custom (for fiqh) is a reference point
A few added a fifth: that every act of a person is based his intention.”

Custom in the Tradition

`Abdullah bin Masūd used to say, “What the Muslims deem as good is good.”

In Imām al-Bukhāri’s collection of authentic hadīth (saying or tradition of the Prophet ﷺ – peace be upon him), under the chapter on commerce, we find an interesting title for the 95th section:

Chapter: Where there is no fixed judgement, the traditions and conventions of a community are referred to – Customs and Norms is an Important Part of our Faith

Commenting on this, Imām bin Hajar wrote, “The purpose of this title is to establish the reliance on custom in Islamic law.”

That is not to say that any custom is recognized by Islam. For more on that, consult a local scholar or see the books of usūl al-fiqh (principles of Islamic jurisprudence).

The Ruling on Customs and Day to Day Affairs is Permissibility

Imām Ibn Taymiyyah wrote, the foundations of Imām Ahmed’s school are two:
1. Customs are permissible unless there is a clear text that forbids them.
2. Acts of worship are forbidden (to invent) unless there is a clear text that allows them.

Then, he defined custom saying, “Customs are habits of people pertaining to food, drink, clothing, transportation, speech and other such normal day to day activities. Thus, they should not be forbidden unless by Allah or his Messenger ﷺ through an explicit text, a general one or a proper analogy. If not, then the general ruling for them is permissibility.”

We understood from Ibn Taymiyyah’s definition that customs divide into two parts: words and deeds.

Ibn Hajar said, “Custom plays a role in determining the explicit meaning of words.” Implying that if a person uses a word that is exclusive to his culture, the known custom is used to determine its implications. For that reason, Imam al-Dardīr noted that the Māliki’s coined an axiom, “Customs are like conditions.” From the important usage of words are greetings and salutations.

Greetings
Scholars agree that greetings fall under mu`amalāt (day-to-day activities), and they are part of customs that are related to speech. Since the general ruling on customs in permissibility, then greetings that are free of evil are considered permissible. For that reason, when Talha (a great companion of the Prophet ﷺ) greeted K`ab with the good news of the latter’s forgiveness, the former was not censured by the Prophet ﷺ, K`ab or the other companions (Allah be pleased with them all).

Based on this important principle and the large number of general texts that encourage us to speak well and be gentle to others, it is a stretch to say that such a greeting in an innovation. Imām al-Sakhāwi noted this in al-Tahina bi al-Shūr wa al-‘Ayād (Greetings Upon Months and Holidays) in greater detail.

May Allah bless us with tawfiq (success).

Suhaib Webb

Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Abeg i am free of Shia ideology!

grin Toor. How is what is documented in your Sahih books became shia ideology?

And talking about the Shia, the Rafidha, do you realize that majority of the narrators in your beloved Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim (not to mention other books) were known Shia, Rafidha as testified yet by your scholars.

# You guys never stop amazing me of your thinking.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

grin Toor. How is what is documented in your Sahih books became shia ideology?

And talking about the Shia, the Rafidha, do you realize that majority of the narrators in your beloved Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim (not to mention other books) were known Shia, Rafidha as testified yet by your scholars.

# You guys never stop amazing me of your thinking.

Lies and Lies = Taqiya

Ibn Baabawayh (a Shi‘i scholar) said: Our belief concerning taqiyyah is that it is obligatory, and the one who gives it up is like one who gives up prayer.

End quote from al-I‘tiqaadaat, p. 114

As-Saadiq (one of your Imams) said: If you said that the one who gives up taqiyyah is like the one who gives up prayer, you would be right.

Jaami‘ al-Akhbaar, p. 110; Bahaar al-Anwaar, 75/414, 412

Stop the lies!
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Lies and Lies = Taqiya

Ibn Baabawayh (a Shi‘i scholar) said: Our belief concerning taqiyyah is that it is obligatory, and the one who gives it up is like one who gives up prayer.

As-Saadiq (one of your Imams) said: If you said that the one who gives up taqiyyah is like the one who gives up prayer, you would be right.

Stop the lies!

# Please which lies are you asking me to stop:

* That most narrators of Sahih Bukhari and Muslim were shia Rafidha as testified by your shuyukh, or

* That Sahabah themselves used to practice Taqiyyah which you recklessly tagged as "lies and April fool"

# Again which lies are you talking about? Why are you afraid of evidences before it is even being posted? You can see how paranoid you are from the main subject of "Jumu'ah Mubarak", to " are you a shia", to "Taqiyyah and April fool".

# I have asked you to open a new thread or at least submit your grievances about " the shia" on:

side talk station
www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station

# You do not need to further detail this thread.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Empiree: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Lies and Lies = Taqiya

Stop the lies!
You are derailing this thread. If you dont have good defense on this topic, you may just have to agree with pros
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by udatso: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
sino:

The Question
Recently, I saw a lecture on YouTube with a man claiming that saying, “jumu`ah mubārak (a blessed Friday)” on Fridays is an innovation? Is that true?

The Answer
Scholars of fatwā (legal opinions) divided acts into worship and customs. Both are central to our faith, and scholars gave each a tremendous amount of attention. For that reason, the first Ph.D. granted at al-Azhar University in the 20’s was on Islam and Custom.

Customs and Cultures are Embraced by Islām

Custom is so important that it forms one of the five major axioms of Islamic law. Al-Qādi al- Hussein al-Shāf’i wrote, “Utilization of custom is one of the five principles that Islamic Law rests on.”

Imām al-Syūtti mentioned them in Kawkab al-Sāti saying,

“Certainty does not remove doubt, and Islam removes every harm.
Hardship brings ease and custom (for fiqh) is a reference point
A few added a fifth: that every act of a person is based his intention.”

Custom in the Tradition

`Abdullah bin Masūd used to say, “What the Muslims deem as good is good.”

In Imām al-Bukhāri’s collection of authentic hadīth (saying or tradition of the Prophet ﷺ – peace be upon him), under the chapter on commerce, we find an interesting title for the 95th section:

Chapter: Where there is no fixed judgement, the traditions and conventions of a community are referred to – Customs and Norms is an Important Part of our Faith

Commenting on this, Imām bin Hajar wrote, “The purpose of this title is to establish the reliance on custom in Islamic law.”

That is not to say that any custom is recognized by Islam. For more on that, consult a local scholar or see the books of usūl al-fiqh (principles of Islamic jurisprudence).

The Ruling on Customs and Day to Day Affairs is Permissibility

Imām Ibn Taymiyyah wrote, the foundations of Imām Ahmed’s school are two:
1. Customs are permissible unless there is a clear text that forbids them.
2. Acts of worship are forbidden (to invent) unless there is a clear text that allows them.

Then, he defined custom saying, “Customs are habits of people pertaining to food, drink, clothing, transportation, speech and other such normal day to day activities. Thus, they should not be forbidden unless by Allah or his Messenger ﷺ through an explicit text, a general one or a proper analogy. If not, then the general ruling for them is permissibility.”

We understood from Ibn Taymiyyah’s definition that customs divide into two parts: words and deeds.

Ibn Hajar said, “Custom plays a role in determining the explicit meaning of words.” Implying that if a person uses a word that is exclusive to his culture, the known custom is used to determine its implications. For that reason, Imam al-Dardīr noted that the Māliki’s coined an axiom, “Customs are like conditions.” From the important usage of words are greetings and salutations.

Greetings
Scholars agree that greetings fall under mu`amalāt (day-to-day activities), and they are part of customs that are related to speech. Since the general ruling on customs in permissibility, then greetings that are free of evil are considered permissible. For that reason, when Talha (a great companion of the Prophet ﷺ) greeted K`ab with the good news of the latter’s forgiveness, the former was not censured by the Prophet ﷺ, K`ab or the other companions (Allah be pleased with them all).

Based on this important principle and the large number of general texts that encourage us to speak well and be gentle to others, it is a stretch to say that such a greeting in an innovation. Imām al-Sakhāwi noted this in al-Tahina bi al-Shūr wa al-‘Ayād (Greetings Upon Months and Holidays) in greater detail.

May Allah bless us with tawfiq (success).

Suhaib Webb

Source
Jazakallahu khairan.

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Demmzy15(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Are you are a Shiite?
Sheikh AlBaqir na Shia o, a proud one for that matter. That's why I like him, at times he gets on my nerves! cheesy grin tongue
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Demmzy15(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
**patiently waiting for ShiaMuslim** angry angry undecided
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2017
shawl:

Misguided fatawa (as usual).

Misguided quote (as usual) undecided
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

1. Such innovations were not present during the time of the Prophet and if their was any benefit in it we would have been informed. Except if you know better than him salallahu alayhi wasalam.

2. Actions are judged according to intentions doesn't work here! A good intention should be followed by a good action! And the action must have evidence for us to do it. Can you calculate the amount of reward someone earns when he steals from a rich man to help a widow?

Abio akhee, I might have good intention and still drink alcohol or take riba to send ppl to hajj or build masaajids.

Jazakumullaahu khayran.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Fortune-teller Said That Her Marriage Will Be Miserable! / People Fall Into Three Categories: / A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.