Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) (45989 Views)

Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
emeralddayo:
the lady should leave the house with her kids asap.......i am a christain and i am not preaching divorce.....but remaining in that house would make any woman go insane not to talk of a pregnant woman....go and sort things out with God in prayers but not in that man's home, as you do not know when he will come in with a cutlass to display his prowess as the son of Ogun.

Yes the bible may not support divorce but one mistake Christians make is they fail to realize that the Bible also didn't support staying till an obviously wicked man kills you in a marriage.

The bible did not discourage withdrawing and seperating from a dangerous man temporarily or even permanently as long as you did not initiate divorce.

If a spouse becomes too dangerous and deadly, seperate yourself from him/her and watch to see if he has truly changed when he comes begging for you to return.

Christ said "if they persecute you in this city, flee to another" . That means escape before they kill you.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by newgen2016: 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
secretly converted her to Islam! really? impossible ;that's a big fat lie.

the lawyer and lady need to explain how that possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Gwazah(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
The woman need a lawyer first. Secondly, she is not subjected to shariah law so her case can not be decided by the shariah court. my biggest fear is that, its quoted that the man is a convert, that means he believes in Islam and shariah is his code, so the woman seriously need a good lawyer.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by felix10(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
No bi laugh this shot man devil they laugh so,na wa ooo.End time husband indeed.i feel for this innocent women.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by chloride6: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
Wait ..... OP, if you are truly the one in the picture, aren't you a little too old to be using the moniker CastedDude ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by cobsol(m): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
marltech:
shocked
aaah!
see. how to run and maintain a profitable business in Nigeria.
www.nigeriaconsumers.org
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
thesicilian:
The woman should keep praying, the darkest hour comes before dawn. If she truly serves God with all her heart and its not just a matter of religion to her, God will prevail on her behalf and she'll win over her husband.
Yeah, and no action undecided
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Boydehot: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
If not a Muslim why will he sue her to sharia court
snezBaba:

Shut up! who said the man is a Muslim?
:PIf not a Muslim why will he sue her to sharia court
snezBaba:

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by semyman: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:
Intolerance and insensitivity. All embodied in one man.

Only Islam can entertain such despicable creature and his case.
are you okay?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by oyiboeru(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

pls i'll advise you not to always rush to comment on any marital case especially if the story is one sided like this one. there is a princile called 'principle of fair hearing' in law. so lets ALWAYS APPLY IT

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by FriendNG: 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
Nikeruka:
To start, i want to assume that this story is true
Also i want to believe you are not trying to subtly oppose those who are against divorce.
The thing is going to shariah court would be a wrong choice.. I can tell you shariah law is very much skewed to the sides of women when it comes to divorce. For example, you can not divorce your pregnant wife ( quran suratul talaq).. Also there is specific duration( 3mons) the husband will live with the wife without having intercourse with her, if he succesful does this then the shariah court can dissolve the marriage( suratul talaq). Then the shariah law says men should be responsible financially for the upkeep of children...so he would be made to pay a certain amount of money monthly

Please if you don't know what Islam direct then keep quiet.

“And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their ‘Iddah.(prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden”
[al-Talaaq 65:4]

He can divorce her despite being pregnant but as you said he will take care of the child, if possible he will pay for breastfeeding also. Since she is no longer his wife.

She will stay in his house for the mean time.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by FriendNG: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

I'm not sure the man is a Muslim. He is a distant Church goer, according to the post, and is in dire need of a male child. It seems the four children they have are all females. And involving the Sharia is to dodge the responsibility of catering for the baby should it be girl. At attempt to come back to the woman would be made of the baby comes out a male.

Apparently, this is a staunch Igbo man trait. Sharia is his only means because they are in the North and he is not really a believer.

You're wrong. Whether the baby is female or Male. He must take care of them. That is Islam 4 you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by emekaRaj(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
ojlifa:
This idea of assassinating the character of men must stop,i cant speak for the man but from this write up i can pick many things,first it appears the woman is very stubborn,why if your husband has changed his religious view,who gives you the write to condemn his decision,do you think you know what is best for him or let me guess you want to take over leadership of the home.second if he is so wicked and useless as you claim why lying with your children's head,go straight to court and file for divorce,thirdly that lawyer is just been cheap,if the husband took her to sharia court which am guessing is his new religion due to the fact that she has only girls and he is looking for a boy,she should just go to court and tell the judge i am not a Muslim so i am not under your jurisdiction ,and the judge would strick out the case.lastly i suspect from the name of that lawyer that tribalism is at play considering that she and the lawyer are same tribe.if i where her husband there is no need hiding the obvious time to dump the women under irreconcilable difference.the women thisdays have mental problem,if you do they complain and you do not do they complain.men do not die of high blood pressure over women.if your wife disturb your life too much divorce her ass ,and save yourself the stress .after all babe dey pay as you go to service engine and they are cheaper

Its True and there is something fishy about the story unless we listen to the man side of d story

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by FriendNG: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
Boydehot:
If not a Muslim why will he sue her to sharia court :PIf not a Muslim why will he sue her to sharia court

Where are you when Christian couples are approaching sharia police for their marital crisis in Kano?
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by emekaRaj(m): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
FriendNG:

Please if you don't know what Islam direct then keep quiet.

“And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their ‘Iddah.(prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden”
[al-Talaaq 65:4]

He can divorce her despite being pregnant but as you said he will take care of the child, if possible he will pay for breastfeeding also. Since she is no longer his wife.

U r wrong Islam doesn't permit divorcing ur wife wen she's pregnant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by FriendNG: 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
emekaRaj:

U r wrong Islam doesn't permit divorcing ur wife wen she's pregnant

Says who?

Praise be to Allaah. Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked whether a woman may be divorced by talaaq when she is pregnant. He said:

This is an idea which is common among some people. Some of the people think that a pregnant woman cannot be divorced by talaaq.

I do not know where they get this idea from, for it has no basis in the words of the scholars. Rather the view of all the scholars is that a pregnant woman can be divorced by talaaq.

There is consensus on this point among the scholars, and there is no dispute. Talaaq according to the Sunnah means that a woman may be divorced in two cases:

1 – She may be divorced when she is pregnant; this is a Sunnah divorce and is not bid’ah.

2 – She should be taahir (pure, i.e., not menstruating) and her husband should not have touched her (i.e., had intercourse with her), i.e., she should have become taahir following menstruation or nifaas (post-natal bleeding) and before he has intercourse with her.

Talaaq in this case is in accordance with the Sunnah. Fataawa al-Talaaq by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 1/45-46 So long as he took her back during the ‘iddah, then she is still his wife, because the ‘iddah of a woman who is pregnant ends when she gives birth, and her husband took her back before she gave birth.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden” [al-Talaaq 65:4]

This is the ‘iddah of the pregnant woman whether she is divorced or widowed. The husband should count this as one talaaq. And Allaah knows best.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by emekaRaj(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
newgen2016:
secretly converted her to Islam! really? impossible ;that's a big fat lie.

the lawyer and lady need to explain how that possible.

I tire oo, the lawyer think we r fools, he doesn't even know Islamic laws as a lawyer, how is he going to defend her, even I know u can't convert someone secretly, they are not telling d full story until we hear from the man
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by hope4life: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
CastedDude:
end time husband

The Woman can divorce the man as a Christian instead of converting to Islam which is the worst apostasy. Hebrews 6:4-6,II Peter 2:20-22.So divorce him to keep your Christian faith. In that case, it's for the defence of your faith.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by ikemesit4477: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
snezBaba:

But Islam is religion of peace na! Is it not so?
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by LivinaPatrick(f): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
thesicilian:

I didn't say she shouldn't defend herself, like she's doing now by getting her own lawyer. All I said was, she should keep praying.
keep praying but arm's length she stay's.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by bakry86: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

So christianity thaught u to judge without/before hearing d other side of d story?
Nawao.

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
thesicilian:

I didn't say she shouldn't defend herself, like she's doing now by getting her own lawyer. All I said was, she should keep praying.
Shut that hole you call a mouth! Pray fire! The one she been dey pray before nko? The one wey you pray but you never still hammer like those who you call 'sinners' abi? Keep religion out of logic for once in your damn life! undecided
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by MamaletASO: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
the difference is clear.. yeye man
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by christiscomin: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

we should ask ourselves did the sharia coourt invite him in the first instance? Don't just throw blames

1 Like

Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by parkuel(m): 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
cleatoris:

Naso this one chuk religion inside undecided... Ode person
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by thesicilian: 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
LivinaPatrick:
keep praying but arm's length she stay's.
Exactly.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by thesicilian: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
AuroraB:
Yeah, and no action undecided
She already took a commendable action: getting her own legal defence. But she must not stop praying. Faith without works is dead. And works without faith is fruitless.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Pylony(m): 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
What a 21st century illiterate educated-man, that his wife born him "woes" as he's wish was for a male child. When biologically its always the man who determin the sex of a baby?? He should blame his useless d**k for every outcome and leave the poor woman and her children out of his madness.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by harriet412(f): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2017
Philpham:
Please why are all Nigerian men so hope.less.

None of them are reasonable or mature.

I keep telling our women to stop associating with black men especially Nigerians because they are beasts and very irresponsible.

Hope you're not Nigerian undecided
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by Professorfrisky: 2:18am On Mar 18, 2017
Boydehot:
Islam religion of peace.
christianity, the religion of pieces.
Re: Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) by blkmum700: 2:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Someone is not comfortable with my post,my post was removed,Look like the person who hide it,is a bigot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Triplets Who Married Their Wives Same Day In Enugu Welcome Baby Boys - Pictures / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.