Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat (1297 Views)

Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! / The Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by ChapelleS: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2009
It is no gainsaying that Nigeria is currently on standstill and at crossroads.25 days without a President. That seat needs to be occupied by someone OOOOH
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
Im praying for one. Nigeria doesnt deserve democracy. We forget too soon.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by KnowAll(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2009
I hope those in power will sleep with one eyes open on the 31st of December 2009 / 1st January 2010. We can all re-call  Buhari / Idiagbon striking on the 31st of December 2003.

I pray we will not have a repeat performance of what happened back then. The NASS and the FEC members if they want to still continue enjoying the previledges of their offices ,  they had better get working for the Nigerian people otherwise a strong wind will come and blow everyone away.  undecided
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by ChapelleS: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2009
Who killed Abacha? As for me,am waiting for that divine hand that silenced Abacha to intervene

Nowadays,anytime I see the pic of that vacant seat in Aso,I know some General is salivating and sceaming ehhhhhhhh
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by citizenY(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
Chappelle .S

Please consult your pastor for that purpose. You need it.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by ChapelleS: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2009
CitizenY

Am praying fervently.Am reading both Bible and Koran these days. With all our 40b dollars,Yar'Adua can't recover,it must be serious. How many days short of one month?

Koran corrected
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by citizenY(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2009
Glad you are reading Korean and not the Koran because you will not be counselled to pray for someone's demise.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by MUZBO(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
^ lol. Korean indeed.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by ChapelleS: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2009
Na waa oooh Anything about Islam becomes a problem. Koran. I am reading it right now.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
@poster:
in fact, this is the perfect time for military to take over. their premise for taking over will be things are out of control, every single politician in nigeria are heavily corrupt and currently there is no leader leading this country.
the only 2 countries that could reject military coup in nigeria are uk and usa, and i predict that these 2 countries will turn their back and allow a sensible military leader to be in charge for some time.
reasons: uk is sick of all our leaders, they know too much about our fake "demokrazy" and how money is being transferred everywhere except nigeria.
usa is also sick of our corrupt apathetic leaders, and beside all things they also have their own problems to deal with. in fact, obama's administration has indicated that there is no government in nigeria;therefore, anyone that shows dedication and loyalty to the citizens/nigeria will be accepted by usa.
as a result of this, i will not be surprised if military coup is allowed to take place in the next few months. we can not continue to operate like this in nigeria. our laws need to be re-arranged and acknowledged by everybody. at this time the only administration that may be able to do this successfully is military admin.
a disciplined, dedicated and sensible military officer (someone like idiagbon) may take over soon; and he will be welcomed.

don't be silly, we have nothing to lose, the ship is sinking.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by citizenY(m): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ Cre8tivity,

Madam, you never fail to amaze me. Somewhere you mentioned coups and I asked you
to tell me what your Plateau/Langtang mafia did for you on the plateau. You disappeared
and now you are here again. am asking you the same question.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2009
the best way to answer your question is, regardless of who is leading nigeria or will be leading nigeria, i will be fine. but when we look at the bigger picture one has no choice but to pause and ask how long can we operate things in nigeria like this? we must try something different for the sake of tomorrow.

i hope i've finally answered your question.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by citizenY(m): 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2009
No because those your uncles participated and brought us to this level
and we are yet to recover. Now you want them to come back. So they are
better of two evils? So what happens after they leave. Square 1?
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2009
i believe 2 wks ago i recommended military take over and my profile was disabled by nairaland admin. they might disable it again, but it doesn't matter because the facts are out there. any blind individual can see that things are not together in nigeria. our laws are weak and being stepped on by everybody (including you and i) and how long can we continue to live in the darkness?
i don't care who takes over, i just want a dedicated, disciplined and sensible citizen to lead this country. the last time i checked, military institution is the only entity in nigeria that can make this happen. they can rearrange and reintroduce our laws. a country that has no law has no criminals; and this is why people like ibori, odeli, ribadu, obasojo and others are operating freely in nigeria today.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2009
come on, let us have discussion like sensible adults; there is no need to get personal and state untrue things like a lost fool.
don't you think so?
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
citizenY:

and we are yet to recover. Now you want them to come back. So they are
better of two evils? So what happens after they leave. Square 1?
if you're not married, i'm sure that you have a mother or sisters; therefore, don't be foolish, show some respect and concentrate on the topic.

enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Beaf: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

the best way to answer your question is, regardless of who is leading nigeria or will be leading nigeria, i will be fine. but when we look at the bigger picture one has no choice but to pause and ask how long can we operate things in nigeria like this? we must try something different for the sake of tomorrow.

i hope i've finally answered your question.

We have had 35 years of military rule, what did it bring apart from the brutalisation of the Nigerian psyche with the introduction "do you know who I am?" mentality. Even on NL, we can't have an argument without resorting to blows.
Who institutionalised corruption, was it not the military? Who gave us the present dictatorial constitution where the president can be gone for 25 days with no replacement? There are too many ills to be mentioned.

The military are a fighting force, they are expert in the application of controlled and targetted violence; but, diplomacy is what is required for governance (especially for a country as diverse as ours).
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by WilyWily: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

@poster:
in fact, this is the perfect time for military to take over. their premise for taking over will be things are out of control, every single politician in nigeria are heavily corrupt and currently there is no leader leading this country.
the only 2 countries that could reject military coup in nigeria are uk and usa, and i predict that these 2 countries will turn their back and allow a sensible military leader to be in charge for some time.
Nigeria don't need any Dirty Stinking Zombie again, they are Corrupt too.
What we should be seeking now is the Dissolution of Nigeria
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by WilyWily: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

come on, let us have discussion like sensible adults; there is no need to get personal and state untrue things like a lost fool.
don't you think so?
How dear you called a Yorubaman a lost Fool. cheesy
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2009
the best leader this country has ever seen was the combo of buhari and idiagbon (military admin). for the past 49 yrs could someone else identify another or better admin.
and correction: i'm not trying to defend military regimes, but corruption in nigeria became alive during shagari's administration.
what you guys are busy recommending will not happen for the next 50 yrs. all you will be doing is the same shi t we have been doing for many years, whining and complaining on the internet or in a closed door with very little real action.
what we need in this country at this time is a military take over (of course, by a dedicated, disciplined and sensible individual). if you believe that politicians have decent plans for this country, then we are fooling ourselves as usual.
a drastic change is needed urgently in nigeria and military is the only institution that will make this happen successfully.
we need iron hand, we need no nonsense leader, we need a real leader and we need to recognize our laws again.
don't be silly, this isn't demokrazy; this is money making business only for the politicians.

i know this because i've seen it.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Beaf: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2009
^
What concrete [b]development [/b]did Buhari and Idiagbon bring to the table? Aside from "do you know who I am?", "sit up or I beat you" etc? In what way did they advance the country?
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
that was the only time some of our laws were acknowledged.
our main problem in nigeria today is simply lawlessness. if our laws are sincerely recognized by everybody, half of our problems will be solved.
do you get it?
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Beaf: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

that was the only time some of our laws were acknowledged.
our main problem in nigeria today is simply lawlessness. if our laws are sincerely recognized by everybody, half of our problems will be solved.
do you get it?

Which laws? shocked And recognised by who, the overlords or the beaten masses?
It was just a time people spoke up at their own peril. Have you heard the of the saga of the 53 suitcases of raw cash? Laws my foot!
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Fhemmmy: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
Anyone that blame the military is an enemy of Nigeria, cos Nigeria has not moved forward since and there are no difference btw the leadership with guns and the ones with cutlasses.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2009
i have a bad news for you guys "the supporters of our half baked demokrazy", your leaders for the next 24 years have already been picked.
so go and vote my friends. there is nothing better than a demokrazy we currently have, where our votes are invisible at every level.
why do you think our president has refused to temporarily release his power to his vp?
answer: our vp is not on the list of our selected leaders for the next 24 years.
cry if you want, but i know what i'm talking about.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2009
nice wkend, guys.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

i have a bad news for you guys "the supporters of our half baked demokrazy", your leaders for the next 24 years have already been picked.
so go and vote my friends. there is nothing better than a demokrazy we currently have, where our votes are invisible at every level.
why do you think our president has refused to temporarily release his power to his vp?
answer: our vp is not on the list of our selected leaders for the next 24 years.
cry if you want, but i know what i'm talking about.

Inasmuch as i agreed with you, we need to get to the point of "enuf is enuf" and take our destiny into our hands.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2009
The unfortunate truth is that if Military interveins we will still go through this cycle again. Democracy grows over time and we will still go through trials like these when we come back to democracy eventually.

In fact the military boys will only contemplate a strike because we are talking about it.

There is no place in the world right now for Miltary coups. All we need is to ask the FEC and NASS to do their job and replace the perpetually absent President.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by cre8tivity(f): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2009
Beaf:

Which laws? shocked And recognised by who, the overlords or the beaten masses?
It was just a time people spoke up at their own peril. Have you heard the of the saga of the 53 suitcases of raw cash? Laws my foot!
dear, please pay attention, i said we need someone like idiagbon. the 53 suitcases incident did not happen during buhari and idiagbon's regime.
there is no different between the 53 suitcases and the missing 17b dollars (money for the electric power supply project). there is no need to waste time comparing bad things or horrible past, the fact is out there, the politicians see leading this nation as money making business.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Beaf: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Inasmuch as i agreed with you, we need to get to the point of "enuf is enuf" and take our destiny into our hands.

Exactly!
Most of us tend to be so weak willed that, we are defeated by puffs of wind. For the tiniest mosquito bite, we run to the army (they are a higher force) or we pray fervantly (to a higher force). It is shameful.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2009
Beaf:

Exactly!
Most of us tend to be so weak willed that, we are defeated by puffs of wind. For the tiniest mosquito bite, we run to the army (they are a higher force) or we pray fervantly (to a higher force). It is shameful.

We are so weak that it aint funny.
I wonder who to blame for our chicken heart.
All the nonsense in Nigeria wont happen in any normal country, A nation with 150M Pple and yet some handful are playing us like chess.
Re: Will You Blame The Military If Theres Is A Coup D'etat by coolier(f): 6:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
cre8tivity:

nice wkend, guys.

Indeed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) / Why Is Salmot Badru Left Out In Ogun State / Housing For All Under Vision 20:2020? By Nasir Ahmad El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.