Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire (14877 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Contradicting Prophecies Abound On Anambra Governorship Election Outcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by paradigmshift(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2017
if it's a Muslim thread, they will ask you to accept Mohammed before commenting. lmao...
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Alwaystrue(f): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2017
@OP,
Thanks for the right up...I have quite a number of posts regarding this subject from years past.
My little contribution is this:

No one could ever tell Jesus that 'Adultery is a sin' or 'Murder is a sin' or 'He should not covet' because Jesus had mortified his mortal members (lust, covetuosness or hate)...by being dead to sin, He could not even live it.

Jesus came to fulfill the law by showing what exactly we need to do (Love God and our neighbours on which the whole law and the prophets are hinged on)...once we obey the law of the Spirit by the grace of God we have obeyed the Law.
A man who obeys the law of the Spirit has already obeyed the Letter in principle!

Romans 3:31
Do we then cancel the law through faith? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we uphold the Law

2 Likes

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by kerryjossy(f): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2017
This is a good write up. I agree with the Op. Believers have been crucified with Christ, buried with Him and raised to newness of life. We dont '' help God' with His "finished work". Grace is God's liberating method.

Besides, we are not called to be part of law, we are called to be apart from the law.#Rom7:7-13.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Triplehawkeyes: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2017
Matt 13;13-16, I love you my brother, you have gladdened my heart and filled my day, thank you.

As for scripture I quoted , understand that somethings would always remain a mystery to people until it is revealed to them 2 Tim that the servant of God should be gentle to teach, no matter how hard or soundly you teach it they won't understand cause it has not been given to them to understand.

So be patient and pray that the truth of God's message would shine on their hearts, remember the word us light, it illuminates.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by back2sender: 9:21am On Mar 19, 2017
Kindly preach this sermon to Alfa Sule n the Coza pastor n thier likes
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by shine12: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2017
DickDastardly:

Christianity is living like Christ. Christ lived a pure life, 10 commandments observation inclusive. To follow Christ we must be like him. Stop teaching people wickedness. This kind of write up is the reason todays Church is a total mockery of the life of Christ. GRACE this, GRACE that, bla bla bla. How can one ignore Gods 10 Commandments and expect him to be pleased. GOD has not changed. He remains the God of old. And Christ warned against twisting the words of his father when he said, do not add nor subtract.
Stop creating ANTI CHRISTS with this kind of senseless and silly teachings. Christians must learn how to live piously like Christ, if not we will sooner or later erode Christianity by our own very hands while ignorantly waiting for an immaginary ANTI CHRIST. There is no amount of grace that can save a sinner. angry sad

My brother, I appreciate your point but I think you might be wrong.

GRACE is even harder than 10 commandments. Ten C says do not murder.Christ in New Covenant says do not be angry in your heart(If you do you've The murdered already) The thing is Ten C... deals with outer actions, New Covenant Christianity starts from the heart then outer actions.

So is is not eating pork or cutting our hair that makes us holy(The law in old covenant says these things) but rather pleasing and doing the will of God in all areas (Even in areas that is not directly stated by the law), for example what does the law says about smoking,but in New Covenant when you have the holy spirt,you can get an answer.I hope you get me.

But to be realistic, the issue today is most christians are not truly filled with the Holy spirirt,hence the whole notion of Grace and empowerment of the holy spirit is becoming more of a theory everyday, that's why people go back to the law that looks "practical" but at the same time does not make you whole like the holy spirit does for the pure reason that the law does not give full redemption,Grace under Christ gives.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by ZORO47(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Adedoks(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2017
This once saved forever saved people have gotten to Nairaland. Teaching heretic grace messages. God help dis our generation
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by bomsilaga(m): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2017
DickDastardly:

Christianity is living like Christ. Christ lived a pure life, 10 commandments observation inclusive. To follow Christ we must be like him. Stop teaching people wickedness. This kind of write up is the reason todays Church is a total mockery of the life of Christ. GRACE this, GRACE that, bla bla bla. How can one ignore Gods 10 Commandments and expect him to be pleased. GOD has not changed. He remains the God of old. And Christ warned against twisting the words of his father when he said, do not add nor subtract.
Stop creating ANTI CHRISTS with this kind of senseless and silly teachings. Christians must learn how to live piously like Christ, if not we will sooner or later erode Christianity by our own very hands while ignorantly waiting for an immaginary ANTI CHRIST. There is no amount of grace that can save a sinner. angry sad
My God! You need Jesus ASAP
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by ZORO47(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2017
DickDastardly:

I bet everything you wrote here was an idea uve gotten from the church all your "church life" and not actually from the bible. Did you even read the bible verses in the post? Read them and figure for yourself who has been lying, your church or the bible. If u are sincerely after the truth, u'll find it I assure you. Grace is the truth. We "christians" often esteem the 10 commandments but God gives a disclaimer as regards the "sacred 10 commandments" in Gal 3:20...

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 9:35am On Mar 19, 2017
jiggaz:
Why are you now being defensive? You were the one that jumped on my topic and started accusing me of heresy.

Now you are being defensive cos i told u the truth? Look let me advise you, if you don't understand a topic, please don't jump to comment because you feel like. Read and assimilate first.... and mind you, i don't condemn anybody and i don't do all these religious hypocrisy of condemning other believers or unbelievers cos they are not like me... No i don't do that. Christ does not reject anyone that comes to him.

I will chose to ignore all your insults, but please next time, don't jump on topics you don't understand fully before you make a mockery of yourself... Have a nice day.
FYI, I agree with him. It's ur type of teaching that has continued to perpetuate acts or stories like Apostle Sule and Co. All in the self-induced delusional belief in one kind grace that dispenses with the need for personal efforts against sin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eph12(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2017
All of you quoting the op are mad
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Toks2008:
The sermon of grace Is the most dangerous one because there is a thin line between being a slave to sin and being over dependent on the grace of God.

That moment when you enjoy sins and even plan to sin with the mindset that God will always forgive you is the moment you have become a slave to sin.
Pls com an take a bag of rice o. Imagine telling a lady u slept with, that "I wld teach u to operate on a level of grace u have never experienced". Haba! That pastor ehn....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by electropiz(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2017
God forbid

1 Like

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eph12(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2017
ZORO47:
I bet everything you wrote here was an idea uve gotten from the church all your "church life" and not actually from the bible. Did you even read the bible verses in the post? Read them and figure for yourself who has been lying, your church or the bible. If u are sincerely after the truth, u'll find it I assure you. Grace is the truth. We "christians" often esteem the 10 commandments but God gives a disclaimer as regards the "sacred 10 commandments" in Gal 3:20...
The law didn't come from God? What happened on mount sinai?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eph12(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2017
bomsilaga:

My God! You need Jesus ASAP
We allow ourselves to commit sin because we believe God's grace is solely responsible for preventing us from sin. Is that not what this grace talk is all about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Wow! All u guys quoting the OP, are so amazing. I didn't realise so many ppl on NL are now wide-eyed. I'm proud of u OP quoters cheesy

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eph12(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2017
shine12:

My brother, I appreciate your point but I think you might be wrong.

GRACE is even harder than 10 commandments. Ten C says do not murder.Christ in New Covenant says do not be angry in your heart(If you do you've The murdered already) The thing is Ten C... deals with outer actions, New Covenant Christianity starts from the heart then outer actions.

So is is not eating pork or cutting our hair that makes us holy(The law in old covenant says these things) but rather pleasing and doing the will of God in all areas (Even in areas that is not directly stated by the law), for example what does the law says about smoking,but in New Covenant when you have the holy spirt,you can get an answer.I hope you get me.

But to be realistic, the issue today is most christians are not truly filled with the Holy spirirt,hence the whole notion of Grace and empowerment of the holy spirit is becoming more of a theory everyday, that's why people go back to the law that looks "practical" but at the same time does not make you whole like the holy spirit does for the pure reason that the law does not give full redemption,Grace under Christ gives.
Summary is that grace came to complement the law not delete it.

2 Likes

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Wallade(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2017
I am worried about the drastic teaching of righteousness by faith and being born again rather than living a life of consciously avoiding sin. I was at a church gathering recently and was told that a born again christian man who is caught in act of sin just when rapture occurs. I was told he will make heaven.

I chose not to believe it and also not to dwell on that analogy because it is an extreme that only God can tell. The devil is now using the words of God to deceive a lot of us. We need the grace of God to recognise the deceit of the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Toks2008(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2017
DavidEsq:

Pls com an take a bag of rice o. Imagine telling a lady u slept with, that "I wld teach u to operate on a level of grace u have never experienced". Haba! That pastor ehn....

COZA comes to mind.

Even me wey get chance to enjoy free kpekus dey try hold body because I don't want to take God for granted yet there is a general overseer wey dey enjoy sin with impunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Wallade(m): 10:06am On Mar 19, 2017
eph12:

Summary is that grace came to complement the law not delete it.

You are absolutely on point. You made my day. God bless you.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Diademk07: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
DickDastardly:

I think he's right in a way but partly...

The scripture tells us that "it isn't by sheer hard work but it's God who showeth mercy". What does this mean? Our work is quite meaningless under the abounding grace. God expects us as his children to tap into His grace and mercy in overcoming sin which can't be done by one self.

I would give you an example..

I was struggling with a particular sin and had tried hard to stop myself only for me to find myself back in it. I kept on praying for forgiveness everytime but after sometime, I snapped and didn't even bother feeling guilty about the said sin anymore while continuing in it but one thing I had in my mind was that there's no reason why God can't help if he isn't comfortable with such acts. Lo and behold, I stopped the said sin suddenly! I still can't believe it till today how I stopped myself and it's been close to a year now. The funny thing is even when I'm face to face with those things that often triggers my indulgence, I always feel numb and unaffected by them.. It's not like I'm all perfect in other areas but that particular sin was a major thorn in flesh until His grace rooted it out.

Now you could see it wasn't through sheer hard work but His grace!

However, the scriptures told us not to abuse His grace, that is, after you've been made free from your sin, don't go back to it and test God. It's like I going back to the said sin even when I have no appetite/excitement for it anymore and yes, it's possible for someone to eat unappetising food and eventually become addicted to it. What more for someone who once loved it before?

That was why Paul stated in the scripture that "he himself always tries to keep his body under so that after preaching to many, he will not to become a cast way on the last day" and he also said "we should flee from all appearances of evil''.

Even though we can't free ourselves from sin by sheer hard work because we had the nature of sin in us but His Grace is sufficient enough to root out the adamic nature in us effortlessly. However, you have to want such change in the first place because as you know, God looks into the heart. And when God has done his work of grace, don't go back to your vomit because the end will be worst than before.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2017
Toks2008:

COZA comes to mind.

Even me wey get chance to enjoy free kpekus dey try hold body because I don't want to take God for granted yet there is a general overseer wey dey enjoy sin with impunity.
COZA abi? *looksleftandright*. Na u talk am o. U cld imagine. Th church has now become the citadel of deceit. To rob men and lay with their daughters. Their sexy daughters, if I may add; especially the ones forming for me and u cry
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eameh30: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2017
hiroz:
op does grace supersede all the teachings and directions christ gave us...
christ said love is the greatest commandment of all...If u love god u will not sin against him...if u love your neighbors you will not harm them...
the way you preach this grace it is like a Christian can sin anyhow and still be covered by it
If you really understand grace, you will know that Grace is a person and not a teaching. Grace is Jesus Christ Himself and that's why the Bible said; law was given through Moses but Grace and truth came by Jesus...
The grace of God is the only hope.... Listen to preacher of grace and you will see that you leave sin effortlessly.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eameh30: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2017
Wallade:
I am worried about the drastic teaching of righteousness by faith and being born again rather than living a life of consciously avoiding sin. I was at a church gathering recently and was told that a born again christian man who is caught in act of sin just when rapture occurs. I was told he will make heaven.

I chose not to believe it and also not to dwell on that analogy because it is an extreme that only God can tell. The devil is now using the words of God to deceive a lot of us. We need the grace of God to recognise the deceit of the devil.
You have forgotten that sin is desire that superceeds your godly desire When you sin and that is why sin can be committed even when you conscious that it's wrong. So do you think you can get over this spirit on your own without God's assistance? That's why you need the grace of God to help you remove the desire to sin and create in you a desire to live righteous life. The Law is like a mirror, it can tell you how fine you are or how ugly you are but can not wipe away your blemishes, it just expose you but Grace cleanses your blemishes... I was once scared like you but think about this; does your been conscious of the law prevent you from committing sin? Are you living a free life devoid of sin, now that you are very law conscious? Grace is what can free you. D device the devil use against us is guilt and condemnation which we feel when we know we have violated law and that guilt separates us from the loving father who is ever ready with an open arm for us but law didn't show us that loving father and show us that the father is angry at us when we do wrong, meanwhile we are free to enter His warm arm and He will welcome us and takes sinful desire from us when we close to Him. How many of you felt so loved by your earthly father and still want to annoy him?
Let's not try to help God...... Man's wiseness is foolishness in His sight..... Try grace and receive freedom from sin
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by OBAGADAFFI: 10:41am On Mar 19, 2017
ZORO47:

The difference between the under Moses and The commandments under Jesus Christ.

Is that Moses commandments are written on tablet while Christ commandments are written in our hearts.

But both commandments are the same and most not be disobeyed.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Ola2004: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2017
K
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Wallade(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2017
eameh30:

You have forgotten that sin is desire that superceeds your godly desire When you sin and that is why sin can be committed even when you conscious that it's wrong. So do you think you can get over this spirit on your own without God's assistance? That's why you need the grace of God to help you remove the desire to sin and create in you a desire to live righteous life. The Law is like a mirror, it can tell you how fine you are or how ugly you are but can not wipe away your blemishes, it just expose you but Grace cleanses your blemishes... I was once scared like you but think about this; does your been conscious of the law prevent you from committing sin? Are you living a free life devoid of sin, now that you are very law conscious? Grace is what can free you. D device the devil use against us is guilt and condemnation which we feel when we know we have violated law and that guilt separates us from the loving father who is ever ready with an open arm for us but law didn't show us that loving father and show us that the father is angry at us when we do wrong, meanwhile we are free to enter His warm arm and He will welcome us and takes sinful desire from us when we close to Him. How many of you felt so loved by your earthly father and still want to annoy him?
Let's not try to help God...... Man's wiseness is foolishness in His sight..... Try grace and receive freedom from sin

Well, that is your opinion. Christianity is by personal confession and choice. I have a right to choose what to believe and how to serve God. If I need advice, it will not be yours but that of the Holy Spirit. I don't need you filling my mind with crafty and clever deceit.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by Backinfront(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2017
It's all by grace. The era of law has passed.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by ZORO47(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2017
eph12:

The law didn't come from God? What happened on mount sinai?
there's a lot to learn, but inly if we are willing to unlearn and re-learn. If we claim we know we would be left with what we think we know. Read the whole gal 3 for clarity.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire by eph12(m): 11:02am On Mar 19, 2017
ZORO47:
there's a lot to learn, but inly if we are willing to unlearn and re-learn. If we claim we know we would be left with what we think we know. Read the whole gal 3 for clarity.
This law we are talking about what does it mean? What does it entail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.