Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know (22909 Views)

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker / Essence Of Insurance In Car Particulars in naija / 8 Methods To Minimize The Price Of Your Car Insurance Coverage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Hello Sir, I am not sure on sure, kindly have a chat with your insurance manager on this, they will on a better position on this.

Regards

Thanks Boss
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by larrydan: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Emmerlee:
Always use quotes comparison services for your own good. Saves you money all the time. Some of the Popular ones include:

Insurance Nigeria
Insurance Quotes
Health Insurance
Schengen Insurance
Travel Insurance
Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Home Insurance
Auto Insurance

I agree with the list above. However, I think you should also include Ensure Insurance (formerly Union Assurance) to the list. They've got quite robust plans and they are also trusted.
Hi. I use none of them, but you can check if these guys (Cheap motor trade insurance) have department in Nigeria. If they have, then you are lucky, because once somebody broke my car glass and this company paid me moral compensation and repaired this glass at their own expense. It was a real surprise, when I concluded contract, and payment for Audi Q5 costs 1149 $ per year.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by GiftObido: 3:03am On Apr 22, 2019
We install basic and comprehensive vehicle trackers. We handle all the stress for you in event of
vehicle theft and recovery. We are GO-Track Nigeria Limited - a vehicle tracking and fleet management company based in okota - lagos.
Give us a call 07062583950, 07059979198

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by dmarientes(m): 7:34am On Jan 22, 2020
#carport #carcover #danpalon

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by joe10: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by joe10: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Ukprosper: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2020
Here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Lovelygbems: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
For your auto over

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Kusnap: 12:48pm On May 07, 2022
Types Of Insurance In Nigeria; And How It Can Benefits You!

There are different types of insurance in Nigeria, but unfortunately, the only insurance the masses have adopted is the Third Party Car Insurance. This is because the government do not trust us to drive sanely, hence has made this type of insurance compulsory for any car rider/owner. Since the government won’t take it lightly with anyone who faults this, the masses has taken this insurance seriously.

So, when you meet most Nigerians and you raise topics on any form of insurance that will benefits them, most barely key in to it since it’s not compulsory. These individuals end up living life without having a means of controlling other risks in life.

Life is full of diverse risks. Hence, it is prudent to have a means of managing these risks so that life can be fully lived and having not to be taken unaware in cases of uncertainty that comes with life.

For this purpose, this article will be explaining the different types of insurance in Nigeria, as well as give you some insights on how they can benefit you. But before we dive in, let’s have an understanding of what insurance is.

What Is Insurance ?

Insurance simply is a contract (agreement) between two parties; that is, between the insurance company (The Insurer), and the policy holder( The Insured, or an individual).

In this contract, the insurance company agrees to take the risks an individual might want to avoid, and thus, pay the insured a lump sum of money or it’s equivalent, when a negative outcome you specified in the contract happen. But the thing is that you will have to be paying a certain amount of money (premium) monthly, or annually (as you want) to the insurance company, before the promised lump sum of money is paid to you by the company, immediately the specified event occur. In most cases, you pay lesser premium(money), and get higher sum assured when the negative event occurs – depending on the level of the risk you wish to mitigate or avoid.

The following are the various risks in life an individual is open to in the course of their life. However, these risks can be covered, avoided or mitigated with You having an insurance cover. You can transfer these risks to the insurance company and protect yourself and your loved one from financial loss or crisis. They include;

1. Risk of premature death
2. Risk of permanent/partial disability
3. Risk of destruction
4. Risk of theft
5. Risk of burglary
6. Risk of losing goods on transit/it being damaged
7. Risk of dropping out of school
8. Risk of bashing someone’s car/or having yours bashed, amongst others.

Read More : https://financialquest.com.ng/types-of-insurance-in-nigeria-and-how-it-can-benefits-you/
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Ajaylush: 2:58pm On May 07, 2022
Please, anyone knows exactly what they check before issuing you a road worthiness for your car?
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by gettinganswers: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
I take God beg you, add Axa Mansard in the list of good insurance companies. I run an auto, health and 'life' insurance with them. They even dash me rayban last year... cheesy

In Nigeria, most people cover their cars with the 'blood of Jesus'.

You are super correct about that. I think it was one of the top ones mentioned on the list of [url]best car insurance in Nigeria https://insureplus.online/the-best-car-insurance-in-nigeria[/url] on Insure Plus too.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by gettinganswers: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
I take God beg you, add Axa Mansard in the list of good insurance companies. I run an auto, health and 'life' insurance with them. They even dash me rayban last year... cheesy

In Nigeria, most people cover their cars with the 'blood of Jesus'.

You are super correct about that. I think it was one of the top ones mentioned on the list of best car insurance in Nigeria on Insure Plus too.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by alexbacker: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2022
I will come as a tourist and I understood that I don't need car insurance when I rent the car, it is included. But I learned that there are some viruses we never heard about and I should be careful about that. For example in Nigeria, from 3 to 30 January 2022, 211 laboratory-confirmed Lassa fever cases including 40 deaths (case fatality ratio: 19%) have been cumulatively reported in 14 of the 36 Nigerian states and the Federal Capital Territory across the country. That is why I made private health insurance, I also made Insurance Coverage Discovery to choose the best one I could afford. I feel much safer now.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by mozele(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2023
zainabicy:
Op, this 1000 naira insurance , wey we dey do for Vio office ?

Is it any good ?

It's typed and all, your name printed on it an all...

this one no follow at all o...

these offices are often in the act of issuing forged documents as insurance certificate
for ignorant persons. The worst part of it is that when an accident occurs, you'll have
to pay for the damages by yourself instead of your insurance company.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by mozele(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ajaylush:
Please, anyone knows exactly what they check before issuing you a road worthiness for your car?

basic needs needed are engine number, pictures of the body of your vehicle as well as the dashboard, value of your car, and the premium.

Like some of the clients i have handled while working with AXA Mansard, I just tell them to either come to the office premises with their vehicle or I and my team go to meet them to get the valuation and data capture done.

Everything needed is in your car already.

A certificate of insurance is then issued within 3 working days.

there are currently two types of auto-insurance: comprehensive and third-party. Both depends on your financial capability.

Cheers.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2023
mozele:

basic needs needed are engine number, pictures of the body of your vehicle as well as the dashboard, value of your car, and the premium.

Like some of the clients i have handled while working with AXA Mansard, I just tell them to either come to the office premises with their vehicle or I and my team go to meet them to get the valuation and data capture done.

Everything needed is in your car already.

A certificate of insurance is then issued within 3 working days.

there are currently two types of auto-insurance: comprehensive and third-party. Both depends on your financial capability.

Cheers.

Can you tell us more about the comprehensive one?
I just bought a car for a relative in Nigeria and would like to insure it, as i learnt the streets are currently red in the country grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bullion Van Breaks Down In Abuja, Residents Join The Police To Push It (video) / This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) / Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.