Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths (486 Views)

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Daddy Freeze: Stop Giving Winners And Redeemed Church Members Financial Aids / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by FreshGreen: 2:10am On Mar 18, 2017
THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becomes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling with entertainment choir of today. Then companies were writing the church for employment because of the faithfulness and diligence of their members. I would not have joined them because of their standard of holiness since I was not saved then. That was the RCCG I knew when I was in Ilesha, Osun state in 1989 to early 90s.

But today, RCCG is more popular, richer and everywhere, in fact, they are proud of their parishes in every corner of Nigeria and many other countries, they are the fastest and still growing church, beautiful auditoriums everywhere. In Abuja here where I live, RCCG is like the richest church. But where are their godly virtues of old? They have exchanged their spiritual riches for materials and financial riches, they boast of financial riches while they are spiritually miserable. I lived in Redemption camp for full 6 months in 2010, and with what I saw in the dept of RCCG - the corruption, sexual immorality, unfaithfulness, etc. among the core leaders to the least members, I can categorically say this church is spiritually poor. A church where a music director wanted to sleep with a sister choir before permitting her to sing praise and worship at the Holy Ghost night? And God cannot open the eyes of the GO to discern or detect sins among people close to him and rebuke it openly as Apostle Peter did in Acts chapter 5, the GO can only discern blessings and upcoming prosperity?

Why has RCCG changed to opposite of where they stood before? Or why did Pastor Adeboye changed the landmark God gave to Rev. Akindayomin, which he upheld till he died? And you, you who were saved and brought up in the old faith when you were young, in secondary school and university fellowships, now you have joined the modern church system and worldly dress and have abandoned your beginning, seeing it as old school?

The Bible standard has gone elsewhere because of crave for population. If you are a member, worker or leader in RCCG, how many messages or books of Rev. Akindayomin do you have or have you read or listen to? Maybe none! RCCG is the only church where materials and works of the immediate past GO is evacuated almost completely. As if the books and messages of their founder who also was the immediate past leader were totally removed. None of his books or messages are promoted or reprinted, at least for every member to have access to the teachings and messages of the founder of their church. This present GO and admins will never do that, you know why? Their lifestyles, prayers and preachings are opposite the messages and standard of Rev. Akindayomin, so they CAN NEVER PROMOTE THE MESSAGES OR BOOKS of Pa Akindayomin in their present spiritual condition. Do you know any church on earth where the messages and books of the church founder and immediate past General Overseer is completely eradicated from the same church with no trace? Only in RCCG.

If God should open the eyes of Pa Akindayomin in heaven to see the church he left on earth, he will be weeping now, so also heaven is weeping on RCCG. But you are celebrating RCCG as a successful church, popular and powerful even to Aso villa here in Abuja.

The case of Pa Akindayomin and Pastor Adeboye is like the case of David and Solomon in the Bible. David fought the good fight of Faith, so also did Pa Akindayomin - we know how Pa Akindayomin started and how he ended well. But Solomon did no fighting, rather he did many buildings, from building Temple of God, to his personal buildings, to several idols, even to Chemosh - incessant building project is one of the signs of backsliding in any church. Solomon had many things, many wives, many riches, etc. just as there are many buildings and many members today in RCCG.

You must be happy of being a member or pastor of RCCG, especially if you did not witness the RCCG of old; because there is freedom, prosperity and promises and better life. No stress of holiness, no discipline of indecent dress, no restitution, everything is bureaucracy, and as long you can comply with the rules and regulations, you have no limit. But that will lead to where?

This is not the covenant church God used His servant Rev. Akindayomin to found, this is not the same church I knew in 1990, this is not the church of the Bible. Today, I will find it hard to join RCCG, not because of their high standard of holiness again, but because of their low and poor standard of holiness.

You can be very zealous to condemn this article, to choose to defend your GO rather than defending the truth. If you were not in RCCG about 20 years ago, then you may lack understanding of the beginning of RCCG, go and ask the elders who witnessed the beginning and strength of RCCG as a true covenant church of undiluted truth and holiness of heavenly minded church.

If you know where God began with you, where God was pleased with you that He made COVENANT with you, then that may help you to know where you have missed it along the way, and where you need to trace you way back. God is waiting for you at the point He made covenant with you, and same thing with Pastor Adeboye and RCCG as a whole. Go back to the old faith, the narrow old path of FEW serious minded, and stop defending this broad MULTITUDE, MANY faulty modern way before it is too late. The Rapture of the saints is imminent!

" Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’— and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent." Revelation 3:17-19

Gideon Akande
RTEM: rtemoutreach.org
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by middlebelter(m): 2:56am On Mar 18, 2017
FreshGreen:
THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becomes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling with entertainment choir of today. Then companies were writing the church for employment because of the faithfulness and diligence of their members. I would not have joined them because of their standard of holiness since I was not saved then. That was the RCCG I knew when I was in Ilesha, Osun state in 1989 to early 90s.

But today, RCCG is more popular, richer and everywhere, in fact, they are proud of their parishes in every corner of Nigeria and many other countries, they are the fastest and still growing church, beautiful auditoriums everywhere. In Abuja here where I live, RCCG is like the richest church. But where are their godly virtues of old? They have exchanged their spiritual riches for materials and financial riches, they boast of financial riches while they are spiritually miserable. I lived in Redemption camp for full 6 months in 2010, and with what I saw in the dept of RCCG - the corruption, sexual immorality, unfaithfulness, etc. among the core leaders to the least members, I can categorically say this church is spiritually poor. A church where a music director wanted to sleep with a sister choir before permitting her to sing praise and worship at the Holy Ghost night? And God cannot open the eyes of the GO to discern or detect sins among people close to him and rebuke it openly as Apostle Peter did in Acts chapter 5, the GO can only discern blessings and upcoming prosperity?

Why has RCCG changed to opposite of where they stood before? Or why did Pastor Adeboye changed the landmark God gave to Rev. Akindayomin, which he upheld till he died? And you, you who were saved and brought up in the old faith when you were young, in secondary school and university fellowships, now you have joined the modern church system and worldly dress and have abandoned your beginning, seeing it as old school?

The Bible standard has gone elsewhere because of crave for population. If you are a member, worker or leader in RCCG, how many messages or books of Rev. Akindayomin do you have or have you read or listen to? Maybe none! RCCG is the only church where materials and works of the immediate past GO is evacuated almost completely. As if the books and messages of their founder who also was the immediate past leader were totally removed. None of his books or messages are promoted or reprinted, at least for every member to have access to the teachings and messages of the founder of their church. This present GO and admins will never do that, you know why? Their lifestyles, prayers and preachings are opposite the messages and standard of Rev. Akindayomin, so they CAN NEVER PROMOTE THE MESSAGES OR BOOKS of Pa Akindayomin in their present spiritual condition. Do you know any church on earth where the messages and books of the church founder and immediate past General Overseer is completely eradicated from the same church with no trace? Only in RCCG.

If God should open the eyes of Pa Akindayomin in heaven to see the church he left on earth, he will be weeping now, so also heaven is weeping on RCCG. But you are celebrating RCCG as a successful church, popular and powerful even to Aso villa here in Abuja.

The case of Pa Akindayomin and Pastor Adeboye is like the case of David and Solomon in the Bible. David fought the good fight of Faith, so also did Pa Akindayomin - we know how Pa Akindayomin started and how he ended well. But Solomon did no fighting, rather he did many buildings, from building Temple of God, to his personal buildings, to several idols, even to Chemosh - incessant building project is one of the signs of backsliding in any church. Solomon had many things, many wives, many riches, etc. just as there are many buildings and many members today in RCCG.

You must be happy of being a member or pastor of RCCG, especially if you did not witness the RCCG of old; because there is freedom, prosperity and promises and better life. No stress of holiness, no discipline of indecent dress, no restitution, everything is bureaucracy, and as long you can comply with the rules and regulations, you have no limit. But that will lead to where?

This is not the covenant church God used His servant Rev. Akindayomin to found, this is not the same church I knew in 1990, this is not the church of the Bible. Today, I will find it hard to join RCCG, not because of their high standard of holiness again, but because of their low and poor standard of holiness.

You can be very zealous to condemn this article, to choose to defend your GO rather than defending the truth. If you were not in RCCG about 20 years ago, then you may lack understanding of the beginning of RCCG, go and ask the elders who witnessed the beginning and strength of RCCG as a true covenant church of undiluted truth and holiness of heavenly minded church.

If you know where God began with you, where God was pleased with you that He made COVENANT with you, then that may help you to know where you have missed it along the way, and where you need to trace you way back. God is waiting for you at the point He made covenant with you, and same thing with Pastor Adeboye and RCCG as a whole. Go back to the old faith, the narrow old path of FEW serious minded, and stop defending this broad MULTITUDE, MANY faulty modern way before it is too late. The Rapture of the saints is imminent!

" Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’— and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent." Revelation 3:17-19

Gideon Akande
RTEM: rtemoutreach.org

Permit me to start by saying am not a member of RCCG and am not sure I have attended RCCG church services more than 3 times. I agree with you that RCCG like many other churches need spiritual cleaning of members and that Jesus Christ is only interested in the members of the inner church, those that have been saved, (experiential) from sin.
Now my point of disagreement with you on this matter is this, when you noticed the atrocities in the RCCG camp what did you do to correct it? Before you amend pastor Adeboye for not seeing it God has made you to see what he didn't see as a GO what did you do about the knowledge you have? God will only judge individually for our actions or inactions.

Did you propose a review of standard monitoring mechanism that will help eliminate such act. A church is divided into two two parts of teaching : the doctrine and the traditions of the church. Doctrines are based on fundamental teaching of Jesus and gospel e. g, ye must be born again. - doctrines cannot change except when it's not in conformity with Bible and you now correct to make it conform with the Bible. However, the traditions can change. The traditions are way a church operate to helps her and members keep the doctrines.
Now if pastor Adeboye has not changed the doctrine, then be careful how you criticise him. You should also not be found wanting in crying out against sin and any sinful habits. One way to do it is to constantly live a sinless life at individual level and preach holiness at church level.
Remember that everybody that enters a church shall give account of his /her stewardship.

Please note am not trying to condemn you, but am saying we should be circumspect when bringing out the flaws of the church because it is not everyone that is seen what you have seen but everyone that reads your comments may not be edified. Like he told Elijah, when he was fleeing from the presence of Jezeebel. He said he still have 7000 prophet that has not bowed to baal.
Finally, it is our collective responsibility to pray for revival in our churches in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by Nutase: 4:07am On Mar 18, 2017
Typical opinion from a shallow minded individual who feels he knows it all. Have you for once gone on your knees to pray for the church or the GO whom you've have elevated to be super human?
Instead you come here criticising them like how APC criticised PDP without a single idea on how to do things better.
People like you never see the log of stick in there own eye because they are busy looking at people without realising that they need help too.
During the days of PA Akindayomi how many messages were recorded or did he ever write any book that you're aware of which the church withdrew from circulation?
Finally if you really feel they have gone astray, there are better ways of contacting them than ranting on social media.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths by jchioma: 6:09am On Mar 18, 2017
The church is a scam and weapon of control. Those in the know take advantage of this to do all sorts of things in the name of the 'Lord'.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleiman For Forgiveness / Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa / What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.