Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner (3838 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Which Good Cars Can I Buy Between 800k And 1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by jedisco(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
Goo day house.
Please I'm about to purchase my first car and have a budget of 1m-1.5m max.

I have a bias for honda and Toyota vehicles as I believe that they are reliable and easier to maintain.
I'm torn between Honda (1st grade nigerian used EOD or toks or first grade nigerian used Discussion continues) and Toyota (Nigerian used corolla)

Is it advisable to go for a nigerian used vehicle at a car stand or should I rather go for toks? I've seen people who had terrible experiences after purchasing nigerian used vehicles so I'm a bit sceptical. But the exchange rate is not helping matters.

What car do u think I should go for? Any reliable vehicle apart from those I listed would be appreciated.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by okenwa(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
Toyota corolla
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by nurey(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
If you are buying Nigerian used please don't use all your cash to buy it if nah 1m, buy 800k worth, if nah 1.5 buy 1.2m worth. Nigerian used or tons will get sick within 6months and u need cash to put it in order.

I would advice naija used 2004 corolla or yaris if you find one within your range after buying install tracker because men of the under world won't announce when they will come and lease it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by moblix: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
U can buy a very good Toyota Corolla LE (big daddy )make sure na from kotono
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by Whizpeter(m): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
moblix:

Guess you meant Camry?

1 Like

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by moblix: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mr correction I say Toyota Corolla LE not camry

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by nurey(m): 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
moblix:

Mr correction I say Toyota Corolla LE not camry

He was right to correct you 02-06 Toyota camry is called big daddy, this corolla has no aka

Also it is cotonou not kotonu grin

Have a blessed day

2 Likes

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by baaliyah(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
nurey:

He was right to correct you 02-06 Toyota camry is called big daddy, this corolla has no aka

Also it is cotonou not kotonu grin

Have a blessed day

nurey! you know two people could bear the same name.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by moblix: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
U know it all y seeking 4 advise

1 Like

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by makavele: 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
moblix:
U know it all y seeking 4 advise

nigga!, is u blind ?

* and pls dont correct my use of "is u" . . . it was written on purpose *
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by jedisco(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2017
moblix:

I don't really like big daddy. I prefer corolla. Also I no get strength for cotonou waka. Just want to go to a car stand and get it.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by jedisco(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2017
nurey:
If you are buying Nigerian used please don't use all your cash to buy it if nah 1m, buy 800k worth, if nah 1.5 buy 1.2m worth. Nigerian used or tons will get sick within 6months and u need cash to put it in order.

I would advice naija used 2004 corolla or yaris if you find one within your range after buying install tracker because men of the under world won't announce when they will come and lease it

In that case, wouldn't it be better if I just go for EOD toks? Because I don't want to buy and start repairing after a short while.
How durable is an EOD compared to a corolla?
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by jedisco(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2017
Thanks to those who have given their opinion. I still need more advice @gazzuz and co. still waiting. ..
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by nurey(m): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2017
jedisco:

In that case, wouldn't it be better if I just go for EOD toks? Because I don't want to buy and start repairing after a short while.
How durable is an EOD compared to a corolla?

It's a solid car but I would prefer you pick 04 or 05, 2003 has transmission issues. The EOD is OK when you hear noise from the front wheels endeavor to change your wheel bearings and use original quality if you don't want shoki leg pull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by Kaymaxine(m): 11:10am On Mar 19, 2017
2003 TOYOTA CAMRY
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by tollybloggz(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
With your corolla 2005 toks you have rest of mine, a friend of mine bought he's own 2014 still date no major fault only change oil nd oil filter dats all.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by valarinz: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
OP, deep down in your mind you already know the car you want to buy, but instead of you to go buy your car in peace, you want to come seek and get some attention first.

If everyone who makes enough money to buy a car comes here to disturb our peace then I assure you, nairaland will have an average of 50 of these types of thread on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by jedisco(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
nurey:

It's a solid car but I would prefer you pick 04 or 05, 2003 has transmission issues. The EOD is OK when you hear noise from the front wheels endeavor to change your wheel bearings and use original quality if you don't want shoki leg pull.
Thanks. I think I'm down with this.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by Deprofessional(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
@op

Your best bet is Toyota camry 2001 model (First grade tokunbo) V4 engine.

Reasons:

(1) toyota corrolla attracts thieves and armed robbers

(2) Honda has K leg

(3) you will have some change left for alloy rims, papers, number plates etc.

(4) you will have peace of mind.
Re: Advisable Car To Buy Between 1-1.5m As A New Car Owner by nurey(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Deprofessional:
@op

Your best bet is Toyota camry 2001 model (First grade tokunbo) V4 engine.

Reasons:

(1) toyota corrolla attracts thieves and armed robbers

(2) Honda has K leg

(3) you will have some change left for alloy rims, papers, number plates etc.

(4) you will have peace of mind.

Are you kidding me, the 1997 to 2002 camry has a useless security than corolla in fact the car is been stolen whole without any trace.

Do you know how many people drive theirs to church and enter bus back home.

Op don't buy that camry except you will install tracker and you will only Park in gated compounds.
https://www.nairaland.com/1550705/why-toyota-camry-tiny-light

https://www.nairaland.com/3432047/stolen-stolen-stolen-camry-2000

https://www.nairaland.com/3376306/2001-toyota-camry-stolen-gun

https://www.nairaland.com/2104848/stolen-car-plsss

https://www.nairaland.com/2889531/pencil-light-camry-preventing-mechanic

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Often Should You Top Power Steering Oil ? / Which Should I Go For : Toyota Camry 01 Model or 406 Same Year? / Toyota Hybrid Does Not Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.