Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? (19040 Views)

5 Things We Do That Destroy Our Smartphones / Glo Yakata Prepaid Plan Launched- Get Up To 6GB Of Data On Recharge / 6 Unbelievable Things We Do That Damage Our Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by d33types: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
dillinger:
Well, growing old is inevitable but growing up is a choice. Buggy reasoning? Thanks for doing justice to how you reason. Enjoy

Stop deviating from the issue at hand >= 6gb RAM.you're obviously trying too hard.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by TappGroupNG: 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
My tecno w3 is 1gb ram. I don't really think I'm missing anything
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by gbegemaster(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
that's your I still insists you are naive...... In a yr time, Microsoft will launch s surface phone which will have up to 16gb ram....... But, the architecture won't be RISC. It will be CISC. What's my point.? The current RISC devices such as Android and ios might not be the future as a result of the of architecture restrictions. Having 8gb ram or more on risc devices will be useless..... This is what is happening in tablet sector.full Windows tablets is the only tablet sector growing, while Android and ipad tablets are plummeting.
Where did I mention that we will add 6gb ram to Nokia 3310? What part of EVOLUTION do you not understand?

How can people have such tech sense but lack sense required to understand what someone is saying? It amazes me unending.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by TappGroupNG: 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
I still don't think its necessary. Having a high RAM doesn't prevent the phone from lagging
princemillla:
6 gig ram is a welcom development. I consider them a future spec. Who knows what developer might comes with tommorow. So, 6gig ram to me is a challenge call for developers
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

You've been saying this line since two years ago
your eye go soon clear when surface phone comes out..... By That time, galaxy line, the only profitable Android series will be in jeopardy
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

Well I've used an iphone before and using a device isn't a yardstick to reach a conclusion in this context
OK... What's your take on 6gb ram phones?
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
gbegemaster:
Where did I mention that we will add 6gb ram to Nokia 3310? What part of EVOLUTION do you not understand?

How can people have such tech sense but lack sense required to understand what someone is saying? It amazes me unending.
your own pass me
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
JastSiryin:
point of correction, Nø.18 should've been Samsung Galaxy note 7 "grenade" lol
ye pa! Ollah1, come and hear this

That means note 8 will BLOW away others... It's gonna be tha BOMB
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
it's possible. Haven't you heard of a brand called ALIENWARE? They have 32gb ram, 64gb ram and 128gb ram. They made it specially for gaming.
even workstation comes with 1TB.RAM
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
even workstation comes with 1TB.RAM
never knew it has reached that level shocked shocked
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
never knew it has reached that level shocked shocked
it's been long na
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
it's been long na
Hmmm, I need to update myself then
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
Hmmm, I need to update myself then
64TB Ram is the highest so far.

Some tablets now come with 16 gb ram, expect 32gb ram tablets this year
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by mikool007(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
but that's just the truth, even though I'm not an Iphone fan.
don't tell me that, do you know how many android brands that exist and how many that haven't even gotten to this continent talk less of you getting to test them, it is not possible for one phone to out perform over over a million plus devices....like I said be realistic
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Ademoore07(m): 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
teemanbastos:
embarassed tecno m3

Lol. Make I dash one of tecno L8 plus? cheesy cheesy
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Mountbatten: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
64TB Ram is the highest so far.

Some tablets now come with 16 gb ram, expect 32gb ram tablets this year
but for now, are these big "RAMS" really needed? What applications are we running that would need such?
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
mikool007:
don't tell me that, do you know how many android brands that exist and how many that haven't even gotten to this continent talk less of you getting to test them, it is not possible for one phone to out perform over over a million plus devices....like I said be realistic
I have used a handful of android phones, most from the US, to be honest you can't compare their performance to the Iphone
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Mountbatten:

Where's your source?

Here's mine:

http://bgr.com/2016/10/21/iphone-7-specs-a10-fusion-processor/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12746884/apple-a10-fusion-processor-iphone-7-specs-comparison

Lol

These two sources have never said anything positve about Google or Android and it's OEMs especially the earlier.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
I have used a handful of android phones, most from the US, to be honest you can't compare their performance to the Iphone

Samsung galaxy S7 edge was 2016 best phone. How come the "performance of the iphone" didn't win the crown for iPhone 7?
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
but for now, are these big "RAMS" really needed? What applications are we running that would need such?
engineering, programming, publishing, oil and gas, aerospace, servers etc use it
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
ye pa! Ollah1, come and hear this

That means note 8 will BLOW away others... It's gonna be tha BOMB

You are smarter than this. Big companies from different sectors have had series of recalls of their products. Does that make them anything less? NO!

Bar the note 7 debacle, the iphones exploded more than the galaxies
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
engineering, programming, publishing, oil and gas, aerospace, servers etc use it
I'm talking about smartphones
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by nadalion: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
Watching the thread from my Xiaomi Redmond Note 4x 3gb ram and 32 GB ROM and Smiling
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

Samsung galaxy S7 edge was 2016 best phone. How come the "performance of the iphone" didn't win the crown for iPhone 7?

most of these android phones tend to perform well at first, after sometime their performance begin to wane off, unlike the Iphone that has longevity.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
most of these android phones tend to perform well at first, after sometime their performance begin to wane off, unlike the Iphone that has longevity.

S7 edge was released in March 2016 and iphone 7 was released in October 2016. The award was presented in March 2017 which makes it a whole year since the S7 got released. How come it still edged out the iphone 7?
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

You are smarter than this. Big companies from different sectors have had series of recalls of their products. Does that make them anything less? NO!

Bar the note 7 debacle, the iphones exploded more than the galaxies
I know... Doing it for mockery sake
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

S7 edge was released in March 2016 and iphone 7 was released in October 2016. The award was presented in March 2017 which makes it a whole year since the S7 got released. How come it still edged out the iphone 7?

I'm sure they were awarded based on one or two features, nothing more
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
I'm sure they were awarded based on one or two features, nothing more

Lol. Anything to make the iphone superior is allowed.
Btw, a product was rated the best and the criterias by "VanBommel" for such award is because of one or two features.

Splendid
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
I'm talking about smartphones
capital no..... The architecture of these phones cpu, RISC is the biggest restriction..... The processor and operating system arent powerful enough to utilize those large ram..... That's Y huge programs like photoshop,Autocad etc can't run on phones

The question is :Y would I need 8/6 gb ram phone just to open whatsapp? this is Y RISC tablets sales are plummeting while Cisc tablets are booming.. The unveiling of a CISC phone will put RISC devices in serious jeopardy
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by ollah2: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
I know... Doing it for mockery sake

Well, the viewers wouldn't know that.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
capital no..... The architecture of these phones cpu, RISC is the biggest restriction..... The processor and operating system arent powerful enough to utilize those large ram..... That's Y huge programs like photoshop,Autocad etc can't run on phones

The question is :Y would I need 8/6 gb ram phone just to open whatsapp? I this Y RISC tablets sales are plummeting while Cisc tablets are booming
that's the thing, I don't buy the idea of putting so much RAM on phones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Battery Capacity And How Long Does It Last With Heavy Usage?? / My Phone Battery Now Drains Too Quickly / Elon Musk Now In Charge Of Twitter As CEO, Parag Agrawal Leaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.