Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) (1940 Views)

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by yusufu16: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2017
If this is true, anyone who says our educational system has failed is wrong....it's dead & buried! (Copied)

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by gudluckgreat(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2017
I bet this letter was written in 1856 angry
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by ALAYORMII: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2017
Rest in peace English

1 Like

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by coolcharm(m): 11:24am On Mar 19, 2017
What is this?
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by obynocute(m): 11:32am On Mar 19, 2017
I don't understand?

1 Like

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Askubur(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2017
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by okosodo: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
Hahaha. When jonathan wanted to help you people, you fought bitterly against him. A whole doctor of letters. The north is truly miles behind
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by KealDrogo: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Ha! Professor English and logistics is you again. If I can recall English not our first language, and by looking at that paper one can tell it is from the early 60's. They are hardly a perfectionist in English language. Donald Trump the president of America do make regular mistakes in his tweets, but that doesn't stop him from being the president. I wonder who English language has helped to achieve greatness? Other than being a translator or an English classroom teacher what else?
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by ichommy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
KealDrogo:
Ha! Professor English and logistics is you again. If I can recall English not our first language, and by looking at that paper one can tell it is from the early 60's. They are hardly a perfectionist in English language. Donald Trump the president of America do make regular mistakes in his tweets, but that doesn't stop him from being the president. I wonder who English language has helped to achieve greatness? Other than being a translator or an English classroom teacher what else?

GBAM!!!
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nutase: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
This is what they get when some religious bigots decided to kill the diversity ABU used to be known for. They placed religion above merit and have successfully pushed their agenda for the last 13 years.
I can bet anything it will only get worse unless they retrace their steps.

Bunch of educated illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
KealDrogo:

clearly u r not just an illiterate but you also have comprehension problems. Looking at the paper you were able to tell it is from the early 60's and yet it is dated 2017! cheesy cheesy

yes English is not our first language but its one of our approved languages and as a so-called course coordinator, he is expected to speak and write the language passably well - but tell me sir, were you able to comprehend any meaning to the garbage written on that paper?

now i understand why a supposed doctor from the North cut off a MAN'S kidney and termed it fibroid! cheesy cheesy
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by iyb(m): 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nutase:
This is what they get when some religious bigots decided to kill the diversity ABU used to be known for. They placed religion above merit and have successfully pushed their agenda for the last 13 years.
I can bet anything it will only get worse unless they retrace their steps.

Bunch of educated illiterates.
Clap for yourself I believe if they admit you into the school everything will be solved arrogant mofo
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by begwong: 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
ABUTH is in SHIKA not SKIKA! The letter must be a forged one seeking some sort of favour for the Dr.in my opinion.
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by KealDrogo: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
obiekunie1:

clearly u r not just an illiterate but you also have comprehension problems. Looking at the paper you were able to tell it is from the early 60's and yet it is dated 2017! cheesy cheesy

yes English is not our first language but its one of our approved languages and as a so-called course coordinator, he is expected to speak and write the language passably well - but tell me sir, were you able to comprehend any meaning to the garbage written on that paper?

now i understand why a supposed doctor from the North cut off a MAN'S kidney and termed it fibroid! cheesy cheesy

I never see the date! The paper seems old so I assumed it is dated back.
I will like to know why you label me an illiterate!
About your question if I do comprehend what's written on the paper, I guess you have a bigger comprehensive problem.. Duly refer to my initial post and read it again, but This time ask any sane person around you to help you with the reading don't do it alone please.
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nutase: 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
iyb:

Clap for yourself I believe if they admit you into the school everything will be solved arrogant mofo
Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it. ---Sir Ahmadu Bello.
We all know the truth but have seared our conscience. Our children will curse us for sacrificing such a great institution on the altar of religious politics.

1 Like

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by malton: 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
Well, English is not our mother tongue.

Let's assume it was translated from the original local language...
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Lalasticlala hv u seen this?
I really don't want to re-read this again. It might just mess up with my own proficiency too.
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
alignacademy:
Well, English is not our mother tongue.

Let's assume it was translated from the original local language...
Well he should better write in Hausa rather than 'murdering' the English language like this.
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Statsocial:

Well he should better write in Hausa rather than 'murdering' the English language like this.

You have a point

But don't you think at times it seems Nigerians worry more about the English language than even the English themselves?
Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by ksbusari(m): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
KealDrogo:
Early 60s? a coloured paper?

1 Like

Re: Our Educational System Has Failed: Check Out This Letter From ABU Zaria (pic) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
alignacademy:

You have a point

But don't you think at times it seems Nigerians worry more about the English language than even the English themselves?
I totally agree. It's intellectual colonialism. The slave masters are long gone but Nigerians are still mentally enslaved. I'm all for learning the English language just as I'm an activist for indigenous languages too. But what I don't support is people being harassed unnecessarily for not being eloquent in a foreign language.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Obtaining JAMB Form In 1982(pic) / UNILAG DISTANCE LEARNING INSTITUTE FAQ! - 09082964145 / Breaking ! ASUU Currently In Talks With FG (friday)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.