Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Meaning/interpretation Of Matthew 24: 45-47 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meaning/interpretation Of Matthew 24: 45-47 (651 Views)

Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Book Of Matthew.(Another Great Teachings of JESUS) / Matthew 24:34..."this Generation..." Which Generation Was Jesus Referring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meaning/interpretation Of Matthew 24: 45-47 by plus7(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hello folks,

Matthew 24: 45-47 is not a new bible verse to me, I have read the verses countless of times.

But reading it some few days ago, I became confused.

Please I need explanation/meaning/interpretation of the bible verses.

About the slave, is it just a parable, is it a prophesy with future fulfillments, has it been fulfilled, when will it be fulfilled?

N.B. Meaningful and matured contributions are needed please.

Thanks!!
Re: Meaning/interpretation Of Matthew 24: 45-47 by pressplay411(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
It's an excerpt from the message of the return of Christ, Rapture.
Christ was instructing his followers to continue in his ways.
As no one knows the day of his return, It would be blessed to be Christ-like not because you're anticipating rapture but because it has become your adopted way of life.
Re: Meaning/interpretation Of Matthew 24: 45-47 by MuttleyLaff: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
plus7:
Hello folks,

Matthew 24: 45-47 is not a new bible verse to me, I have read the verses countless of times.

But reading it some few days ago, I became confused.

Please I need explanation/meaning/interpretation of the bible verses.

About the slave, is it just a parable, is it a prophesy with future fulfillments, has it been fulfilled, when will it be fulfilled?

N.B. Meaningful and matured contributions are needed please.

Thanks!!
45Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time?
46“Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes.
47“Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

- Matthew 24:45-47

The eyes of all wait upon you; and you give them their food in due season
- Psalm 145:15

15When they had finished eating, Jesus asked Simon Peter,
“Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” He answered, “You know I love You.”
Jesus replied, “Feed My lambs.”
16Jesus asked a second time,
“Simon son of John, do you love Me?”
“Yes, Lord, he answered, “You know I love You.”
Jesus told him, “Shepherd My sheep.”
17Jesus asked a third time,
“Simon son of John, do you love Me?”
Peter was deeply hurt that Jesus had asked him a third time, “Do you love Me?”
“Lord, You know all things;” he replied, “You know I love You.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.…

- John 21:15-17

Apparently according to Matthew 4:4, food for the body alone is not good enough,
because there is food for the soul too which needs to be considered

Though food for the body is good, Jesus in John 21:15-17 above, wasnt talking about food for the body, instead it is food for the soul

Mark this. Our diet is like a bank account. Good food choices are good investments and vice versa
Good soul food provides essential nourishments for the maintenance and growth of the spirit man life
The spirit man is only as effective, only as good and only as strong as the diet it is fed on
(i.e. it's a no brainer that when or if garbage goes in, then garbage comes out)

It is all to do with being a bond-slave and not about or anything to do with being a regular slave
Now, if one has become a bond-servant then feeding the sheep is something by which such person is bound and expected to do

You are familiar with how one becomes a bond-slave in Israelite biblical times. Right?

Now put John 21:15-17 side by side with Deuteronomy 15:12-16 or Exodus 21:1-5, to see why Jesus had to ask Peter, 3 times whether he really did love Jesus or not
If any really do love Jesus, then such, in due season or at proper times, will feed souls with spiritual food

What Matthew 24: 45-47, in a sentence, is saying is that:
Unless you have permission to rest, sleeping at work is risky business, as you dont want to be caught napping when Jesus returns

Giving soul food and done in due season is being fulfilled on this page right now before your eyes brother

(1) (Reply)

Radical Atheism On The Rise / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/04/17 / If The Lord God Almighty Is Good, Why Does He Allow Evil And Injustice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.