Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? (38868 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA / Nigerian Man Graduates From A US University With 2 Degrees In 4 Years. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by goody1shoe73(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Yeah, it was that bad. I remember filling jamb form, in my second choice category I put IMSU. Mehn, my parents almost ate me alive. They told me to rather choose FedPonek, I said no, then they told me if I don't, I should get ready to foot my tuition fee myself. It was that bad.

The school has lost its essence to be frank
Ur stretching it Oga. My point is that sorting is peculiar to some faculties. I didn't pay a dime to anyone during my time
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
lalasticlala:

I didn't graduate from ESUT
You finally came out of the blues

Wehcome sire
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by SACI: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
CharleyCharley:

Nne, you don't know what you are talking about. Imsu is the worst university in nigeria.
He says,looking from the outside
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
I am saddened to read about 'sorting' on this forum. Thing is, most of the lecturers in our ivory towers took up teaching position because they couldn't get a job of their choice in the industry. They have 0% passion for their jobs, except for the salary they get for doing nothing, and the proceeds from 'sorting' through intimidation of students.

I used to have a lecturer who resigned from a position at Shell to take up a teaching job at Ife. He's one of the best teachers I've had, and I've been student in two other continents of the world. About leaving Shell he said, "My job involved pressing buttons on a large console, which anyone with half the brain could do. I thought my PhD training could be put to better use in training next generation chemical engineers, besides, I had so much money than I know what to do with it". We were close back then, and I personally knew students with financial problems he gifted cash, for tuition fees, rents, etc., and of course he's the least religious person I know.

He's the last of a dying breed.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Edenoscar(m): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
SACI:
That is so nt true What u r saying is based on speculations..they r nt factual Fact:they do sort like every other Nigeria but nt to that extent
look, i school there presently so i know what am talking about
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Cekpo34(m): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
chyima:

I blame it on the useless lecturer who has made the students their source of income ,not on any economy cos this has been happening for over a long time ,I graduated over 8 yrs from that institutions and still the situation of sorting has never changed and buying of text book to pass.
I have siblings Who graduated from unilag but never bought test book because the lecturer imposed it on them,but rather cos is needed for more knowledge and the books bought are not even written by the lecturer.

That was just an opinion on my part. I am an alumni of unical too...though there are some strict and disciplined ones, the structure needs to be overhauled before the school turns into a market where everything is sold at a bargained price. I hope the world has seen this thread

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by SACI: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Edenoscar:
look, i school there presently so i know what am talking about
Okay,let's agree to disagree
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by legislatively: 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
All state universities

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by jimmyvic(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
UNICAL na d boss jare....I can even remember hw many times my cousin bro who graduated 4rm dr,wrote his exams by himself......With ur FINE MONEY,u get ur FINE RESULT.Then Abia State University (ABSU) follow....even a student can give u admission dr sef
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by JayJayGee: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
I no know who sort pass but na UST sorting cost pass...
Imagine sorting course for 25k and na B e go end
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Ummuhaydar: 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
Y nobody mention A.B.U? To me its d best uni coz i'av neva heard of any form of collect n give(bribe) xcept 4 some.........
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by TheNathan(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
sagerasaq:
ALL this universities for EAST dy dat list... no be say i hear... i know
minus mouau
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Uniben should come before Delsu.Those lecturers are terrible especially social and management science
Uniben is more better than Delsu
Delsu is worst in sorting
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by highbee7: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
it doesn't happen in Economics
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Uniben is more better than Delsu
Delsu is worst in sorting
U Neva Uniben. I tour most schools so I know what am saying. Uniben sorting is coded
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Whoeppme(m): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma .....father of sorting, lecturers sleeping with female students so they can pass them and what rubbish. If u wanna see where female student will pay for room and have lecturers come and sleep with them in that room...please go to AAU
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by legislatively: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
Do wonder unical has been doing poorly in recent rankings

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by oluwatobi01(m): 7:18am On Mar 21, 2017
Here in Adekunle Ajasin Uni Akungba(AAUA),we don't engage in sorting or any bribery act...Lecturers just cum to class,lectures n release materials den we mke photocopies via d class reps...Even the management n the state govt is against it. Any lecturer found will b shown exit door.
Aaua students can bear me witness...Cheers.
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Virus777: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2017
nobsalis:

so where did u now finish from
Baby, I can't help but say: "You're so endowed!"
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2017
South-south[color=#990000][/color]

Na boss
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by cruz419(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2017
applebee:
shut up. I graduated from same school. ECOSTAT. No lecturer sells handouts in Uniben. Lectures will never fail you if you do not buy text books. They might consider giving you some bonus mark if you(upgrade) let's say from F to E if you bought the text book and failed. I bought a few text books. Photocopied lots of them and borrowed the rest of the books i used. I still graduate with 2:1 so shut up. Nobody is failing you because of textbook. You're falling because you either refused to attend classes or failed to prepare well for exams.
Lol dat was eco stat not banking and finance so pls shut up too fool as if i was refaring to u ,,,
Lol w
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by akoko11: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
2shur:
Haha eho cares.
English could suck ma big dick.
U one of those niggis who keep track and ready to look for loops but who gives a fuc.
At least i got my business boming.
I aint got time to gobac start correcting on what i wrote.
Wtf is this some formal letter and shiit.

Bros, someone can not play with u? Is that how u use to do?
U take it too far bro, it has not gotten to the point of bringing in achievement. If we are to mention achievement by the time I start to mention mine u will...

Proudly ijaw boy
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by akoko11: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
This one una they rant any how for here so, when foreign school go tell u say you no go fit do master except u do make up courses for their Sch, make u no come social media come cry foul, racism o
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by NkayTiana(f): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
Well said
DeRay98:

Exactly my thoughts...
The lecturers that used to do such in the sciences back in the day were flushed out in 2012/13 by the immediate past VC. Some of them had spent 20-25 yrs in the school.

In social sciences, the students are partly responsible. Too many lazy students who came just socialize and get access high level runs.
Even if a lecturer is unwilling to accept sorting or hardward, losts of runs girls aspirants are ready to pay in "delicate tissuewares" obtained from runs around the country.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Nasa28(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
Adiwana:

Ya,I know they do sort in that Faculty but that doesn't translate to the whole university.Am in Engineering, and we do not sort at all.Those guys no dey look face

I graduated from Unizik , faculty of engineering, I never experienced it.
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by ISISs(m): 11:50pm On May 02, 2017
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by anigold(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
NurEmperor:
Opinion poll: Which university has the highest number of lecturers that collect sorting (a.k.a. Money for grades)

I give it to unical.
What of you?

As an ex-malabite I officially concur, unical lecturers cant stay without sorting ,sorting is like oxygen to them.. if you dont sort your highest grade is a "C"..
Having sex with students for grades in their offices is now an open secret..

Imagine walking pass one hegoat"s office your babe is mourning in his office..
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Collinsiweadi(m): 5:17am On Jun 18, 2017
Dont be fool guy AAU wins dis by distance sch wer sortin is cheap u see d one of 1000.2000 etc
Re: The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? by Ayobami7(m): 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
英国加

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Renames University After Ajimobi (Photos) / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.