Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,659 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says (991 Views)

Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says / Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by EnkayDezign: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2017
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has disclosed that any whistle-blower whose information leads to the recovery of up to 1 billion Naira will receive 5% of the amount; that the reward for any amount between 1 and 5 billion Naira will be 5% for the first 1 billion Naira and 4% of the remaining 4 billion Naira, and that any amount over 5 billion Naira will attract 2.5% reward. In a statement released on Sunday, Lai said;

''For example, if a whistle-blower provides information leading to the recovery of 10 billion Naira, he or she will receive 5% of the first 1 billion Naira, 4% of the next 4 billion Naira and 2.5% of the remaining 5 billion Naira. What we have done by making this information public is to reassure potential whistle-blowers that the plan to reward is real. We are not just saying we will pay all whistle-blowers, but we are letting them know in advance what they are entitled to, once the information they provide leads to the recovery of looted funds,'' he said.

He added that the Federal Government will protect the identity of all whistle-blowers, whether in the public or the private sector, and also ensure that the information they provide is kept secret.

''For those who may have suffered any backlash as a result of the information they provide, their cases will be reviewed and appropriate mitigating actions taken,'' he said. Mohammed said the assurance followed the presentations made to the Presidential Assets Recovery Committee by concerned citizens and groups about the safety of whistle-blowers. ''Whistle-blowers have nothing to fear, because the committee has put in place the necessary measures to safeguard those who give useful information. As a matter of fact, whistle-blowers have everything to gain and nothing to lose,'' he said

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/03/whistle-blowers-to-receive-5-of-n1bn.html
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by odiereke(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2017
This one don HAMMER BIG TIME.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked shocked

Is this amount taxable?
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by AngelicBeing: 11:14am On Mar 20, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked shocked

Is this amount taxable?
Even if they tax it, no worries, it is free money, imagine l whistle blow on a big time Nigeria politician having 20 Billion Naira hidden on top of Zuma Rock Abuja?...... you do the Maths yourself wink

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nne5: 11:18am On Mar 20, 2017
shuu
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 20, 2017
I can't be a whistle blower on any corrupt person because the fund looted will be relooted like Babachir Lawal that cut grass for 250,million.

Nigerians have been blowing whistle on that one while the Sick Dumb gave him a clean bill of health.

If you value your life keep your whistle and face your hustle
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by austinvsb1(m): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
I can't be a whistle blower on any corrupt person because the fund looted will be relooted like Babachir Lawal that cut grass for 250,million.

Nigerians have been blowing whistle on that one while the Sick Dumb gave him a clean bill of health.

If you value your life keep your whistle and face your hustle

Emotional manipulation and threat. An agent of a corrupt politician for sure!
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2017
austinvsb1:

Emotional manipulation and threat. An agent of a corrupt politician for sure!
Say anything you like but i won't put my life on risk because of Nigeria.

Please how much has been recovered so far
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by peteregwu(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2017
That's if that whistle blower will ever live to enjoy the money

2 Likes

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by muykem: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for this clarification. One of the former governor will soon hear from me.

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by austinvsb1(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
Say anything you like but i won't put my life on risk because of Nigeria.

Please how much has been recovered so far

And no one is asking you to! But trying to manipulate others to not help in exposing corrupt politicians with looted funds by indirectly threatening their lives is uncivil and irresponsible at best. STOP IT
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
austinvsb1:

And no one is asking you to! But trying to manipulate others to not help in exposing corrupt politicians with looted funds by indirectly threatening their lives is uncivil and irresponsible at best. STOP IT
I have an obligation to remind people the insincerity of the government. I'm not backing down.

We saw someone lose his job for whistle blowing so I'm not staying low
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by austinvsb1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
I have an obligation to remind people the insincerity of the government. I'm not backing down.

We saw someone lose his job for whistle blowing so I'm not staying low

Oh mann! What kind of someone is this?? Your paymaster must be a very generous one!

Let people who are able to blow whistles do that without threat to their lives... Sowore and Sahara reporters have been blowing whistle since forever and he is still alive till date. Imagine how much money dude will make if he blows a 20billion naira whistle at this time!

Go on guys, blow whistles! Blow them loud and clear. Dont let this online agents stop you. You will be making God, your country and your family proud! And ofcourse making a sh*tload of money as well!
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
austinvsb1:

[s]
Oh mann! What kind of someone is this?? Your paymaster must be a very generous one!

Let people who are able to blow whistles do that without threat to their lives... Sowore and Sahara reporters have been blowing whistle since forever and he is still alive till date. Imagine how much money dude will make if he blows a 20billion naira whistle at this time!

Go on guys, blow whistles! Blow them loud and clear. Dont let this online agents stop you. You will be making God, your country and your family proud! And ofcourse making a sh*tload of money as w[/s]ell!
What happened to Babachir Lawal? The person that blew the whistle on Lai Mohammad foreign estacode where is he?
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by AshawoGirl(f): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
So Lai Mohammed made this statement
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by austinvsb1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
What happened to Babachir Lawal? The person that blew the whistle on Lai Mohammad foreign estacode where is he?

Whataboutism!! Yes that's a real word. Dude don't even go there! That person that blew whatever whistle on Lai is not dead is he?

Like I said, whoever is lining your pocket seems to be a generous one. Only feeble minds would be deterred by your threats smiley
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Horus(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TgEOeAhWXw

5% commission of recovered loot for whistleblowers — Kemi Adeosun

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by MrGreenMavro: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2017
cheesy

see money, naim i hand my whistle for my room since i leave school cos i no get match to ref again.

abeg mk i go blow whistle jor cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blowers To Receive 5% Of N1bn Recovered - Lai Mohammed Says by akinszz: 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
between whistleblower (5% of loot recovery )or secret keeper (in which you will tell the looter to settle u wholesomely if he doesn't want kasala to burst ) which one would you go for?

(1) (Reply)

Declare Your Health Status, Medical Bill Or Face Legal Action – Group Threatens / The Northerners Are Not Parasite. / Nnamdi Kanu Heals Man Of 2-month-old Stomach Pains (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.